Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,001,196 Views | 231607 Replies | Last: 8 min ago by CC09LawAg
$30,000 Millionaire
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Should have held those puts! But you never know.
You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Snap. Oof.
BaylorSpineGuy
Tenet healthcare down 18% AH.

HCA reports tomorrow morning and there was mega volume on deep OTM puts (30 pts out of the money). Will see what happens.
59 South
AG
How we doing folks? No rest for the weary in the $OIH space... burning the midnight oil [pun] jammin' ELO wondering who the next PM might be... does Rishi really want to give it a go??? I'm officially on farmer's oil bandwagon...
59 South
AG
3600 tomorrow or Monday open could be the mother of all inverse H&S.... just sayin
Ag CPA
AG
Charismatic Megafauna said:

I just mean intraday. A ruthless $8 slide with no news (other than a fed governor saying the same stuff we already knew) seems overkill, just bears getting control and making a run for it
Rates just kept creeping up all day, not sure why we were up this morning to begin with.
59 South
AG
Life in the UK... just noticed this new perk on my utility bill... so much government... I fear the US isn't far behind. But hey, let's sack a new PM 45 days in because she thinks fracking should be allowed to become energy independent...farmer?.... farmer???

$30,000 Millionaire
AG
If it's a negative balance, they owe you money, right
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
Quote:

Life in the UK... just noticed this new perk on my utility bill... so much government... I fear the US isn't far behind. But hey, let's sack a new PM 45 days in because she thinks fracking should be allowed to become energy independent...farmer?.... farmer???
Albeit she was WEF trained I supported her move for drilling and fracking. She was a female Trump on day one. I was suspect of her moves with that WEF tie. Her politics were Nationalist, not Globalist, and I support that. I think she was the real deal, regardless of WEF. Not good to see her go, IMO. It's going to get cold in Europe.

But hey, Europe doesn't have a lock-hold on idiocy, New Jersey filed suit against U.S. Big Oil for climate change destruction. U.S. Big Oil should stop shipping gasoline, diesel, natgas and refined products to the State of New Jersey. That's how you fix a problem. If New Jersey wants communications/negotiations, U.S. Big Oil should tell them, your government and citizens paid for products that were wanted and were freely used, so kindly FO.

Europe slapping sanctions on Iran for selling drones to Russia. No energy deals coming from that type of move. .... Just can't drive that car fast enough off the cliff..

Get the "big coat" ready, you're gonna need it. (Seriously, I do hope all is all well.)
ProgN
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX said:

Quote:

Albeit she was WEF trained I supported her move for drilling and fracking. She was a female Trump on day one. I was suspect of her moves with that WEF tie. Her politics were Nationalist, not Globalist, and I support that. I think she was the real deal, regardless of WEF. Not good to see her go, IMO. It's going to get cold in Europe.

But hey, Europe doesn't have a lock-hold on idiocy, New Jersey filed suit against U.S. Big Oil for climate change destruction. U.S. Big Oil should stop shipping gasoline, diesel, natgas and refined products to the State of New Jersey. That's how you fix a problem. If New Jersey wants communications/negotiations, U.S. Big Oil should tell them, your government and citizens paid for products that were wanted and were freely used, so kindly FO.

Europe slapping sanctions on Iran for selling drones to Russia. No energy deals coming from that type of move. .... Just can't drive that car fast enough off the cliff..

Get the "big coat" ready, you're gonna need it. (Seriously, I do hope all is all well.)
techno-ag
AG
That's a good one.
docaggie
AG
BaylorSpineGuy said:

HCA reports tomorrow morning and there was mega volume on deep OTM puts (30 pts out of the money). Will see what happens.
Any public healthcare that runs hospitals and hasn't guided down before earnings is going to miss.

I have seen no fewer than two dozen articles on Beckers in the last couple of months on hospital system finances and they all say the exact same thing:

Overall revenue is up
Overall expenses are up more (of which the majority is pay expenses with travelers, PRNs)
Year over year overall net revenue is therefore down.
Most still posted a profit, but much reduced from a year before.

I'm pretty sure I saw one for Tenet that was the worst - 1.2B loss.
Class of 1998;
Husband of an Aggie, Class of 1999;
Father to future Class of 2029 and 2031
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
ProgN
If I were with a company and asked, I'd advise them to issue negative guidance, even if it's going to be small. Even if a company is comfortable with the estimates for the current quarter I'd suggest they say, " with the uncertainty in this market due to supply chain issues, rising interest rates, and inflation, we will no longer provide forward guidance at this time". Their stock would be treated the same as if they guided lower, but at least they'd remain in compliance and not lying. However, this would cause earnings estimates to be lowered and easier to beat. This could possibly setup an opportunity for significant stock price appreciation when they beat in a market that doesn't have this much bearish sentiment. JMO
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Watching COIN for day trading tomorrow.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Don't forget - monthly opex tomorrow.

A day to just let it happen.
FJ43
$30,000 Millionaire said:

That would be boring bro….go big or go home.

Kidding as you know.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

Buck Compton
AG
ProgN
FJ43 said:

$30,000 Millionaire said:

That would be boring bro….go big or go home.

Kidding as you know.

Bob Knights Paper Hands
I'm thinking if max pain way above current prices and millions of SPX and SPY puts expiring in the money tomorrow can't prop the market up then we're likely headed down in a big way next week. Just my thoughts.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Do I hear a challenge to trade 1,000 0DTE tomorrow?

Wish I could.
tlepoC
AG
I think Ascension was a 1.8B loss. I have rules against playing my industry but I sure could have made a bunch on the covid increase and then this last FY.
docaggie
AG
tlepoC said:

I think Ascension was a 1.8B loss. I have rules against playing my industry but I sure could have made a bunch on the covid increase and then this last FY.
https://www.beckershospitalreview.com/finance/ascension-commonspirit-s-annual-losses-total-3-7b.html

Yep, you're right. I was thinking of them, not Tenet.
Class of 1998;
Husband of an Aggie, Class of 1999;
Father to future Class of 2029 and 2031
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
insulator_king
AG
docaggie said:

BaylorSpineGuy said:

Any public healthcare that runs hospitals and hasn't guided down before earnings is going to miss.

I have seen no fewer than two dozen articles on Beckers in the last couple of months on hospital system finances and they all say the exact same thing:

Overall revenue is up
Overall expenses are up more (of which the majority is pay expenses with travelers, PRNs)
Year over year overall net revenue is therefore down.
Most still posted a profit, but much reduced from a year before.

I'm pretty sure I saw one for Tenet that was the worst - 1.2B loss.
The only ones making money are the travel RN agencies, I should know.
59 South
AG

Cold doesn't bother me - I run hot. The Euro moms already have their full body sleeping bag coats out this year, and it has been abnormally warm all year. Mid 60s today and already saw several - yea they're gonna freeze in a couple months.
BaylorSpineGuy

Reminiscent of the uptick rule. From an historic standpoint, it probably exacerbated the '08 crash after it was removed in 2007. First introduced by SEC in 1938.

A brief history lesson for the morning. Carry on.
Philip J Fry
AG
Interesting. First pick is the spx just prior to the last big rally.

wanderer
Big spike in the macros a few min ago. Seems odd

News or just OPEX shenanigans?
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Something with the fed. Not planning big plays today. Going to let the first 30 go by regardless.
Bonfire1996
AG
FED media mouthpiece signaled the pivot

https://twitter.com/nicktimiraos/status/1583441374988619777?s=46&t=PuI8SVMdsy****A_-TCLpA
Bonfire1996
AG
Darn filter
Pignorant
AG
XOM trying to bust through $105.

Rejected twice yesterday and once today.
Pignorant said:

XOM trying to bust through $105.

Rejected twice yesterday and once today.
1.3 million buy order at 104

Huge sell order at 105, once cleared, away we went.

Bang Bang Bang
FTAG 2000
AG
59 South said:

Cold doesn't bother me - I run hot. The Euro moms already have their full body sleeping bag coats out this year, and it has been abnormally warm all year. Mid 60s today and already saw several - yea they're gonna freeze in a couple months.

Based on our last trip over there (start of covid), lots of Euro women are, shall we say, well insulated? Quite a few will be just fine.

Golf1 said:

Come on XOM! Get above 105!
Just think,....earnings isn't til next week. Enjoy the ride. Might do some backing and filling, but I doubt it. (It would be a killer move to announce earnings on 10/28, get a Red Wave on 11/8 and then announce a Div increase on 11/9! Oh yeah, bay-bay, give it to me..)

Early this morning the CVX:XOM spread widened to $66. It's $66.50 now. CVX is not retreating.

WTI:XOM spread is +17 and I don't see WTI price relaxing much.

Brandon acknowledge the situation was dire yesterday.

Repeat after me, One-ten by month end. Keep repeating.

Bang Bang Bang

XOM spread to CVX = normal
XOM spread to WTI widened to $20.....WTI should be bought
WTI spread to Brent widened just about $8....WTI should be bought
WTI is $3 to cheap
It's early morning trading and that's fine.
Ag CPA
AG
Headline that a WSJ report came out suggesting that some Feds were concerned about overtightening, which was really just a rehash of some comments made this week for anyone that actually read it.
First Page Last Page
Page 5777 of 6618

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.