Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,004,846 Views | 231614 Replies | Last: 6 min ago by El_duderino
irish pete ag06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
This is a bull flag on the macros right?
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
She was WEF trained. Her first day on the job was more Trump-ish with energy and fracking. I wonder if her programming started to short out. Maybe WEF decided to pull her plug. This one is weird.

COP got a new 52WH today.

Chatter rumor, some of those Florida homes saved from Ian have burned down because their salt-water exposed Tesla's were parked in the garage and ignited. If true, that's a shame. I did hear it's an extra $10k to waterproof your Tesla. Green Energy economics.. TSLA $211.43 / -$10,70 / -4.82% 11:00amCST

Very nice day in the markets.

$30,000 Millionaire
AG
BOOM MFers.

You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
I'm a WWR owner. Saw the posts from yesterday about U.S. Gov't picking winners and losers. Don't forget, if WWR gets left out, they're always a potential takeover target. All is not lost.
irish pete ag06
AG
irish pete ag06 said:

Wrong
topher06
irish pete ag06 said:

irish pete ag06 said:

Wrong
Bears dropping the hammer now.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Not convinced it will stick to the downside.
Fightin_Aggie
AG
BlueTaze said:

The longer we stay above 3600, the more likely we squeeze IMO.
So does that mean people think the markets are heading higher in their opinion?
The world needs mean tweets

My Pronouns Ultra and MAGA

Trump 2024
JobSecurity
AG
Was that this move? 15k in 10 minutes is rough
Brewmaster
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

Not convinced it will stick to the downside.
loading more shorts?
Brewmaster
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

BOOM MFers.

holy ****e. I traded that drop as well, but a 10% gain, lol

irish pete ag06
AG
Bear markets.

Green days turn red.
techno-ag
AG
LMCane said:

techno-ag said:

This guy has an interesting article on bear markets. Not sure I agree that the past is always prologue with the market, but he has a lot of interesting comments and predictions.

Quote:

The bull market which lasted from August 1921 through September 1929 was followed by a bear market which ended in July 1932, 34 months later. The bull market from October 1990 through March 2000 was followed by a bear market from March 10, 2000 to October 10, 2002, 31 months later. We just had the lengthiest bull market in history from March 2009 through January 2022, so expect the current bear market to last for at least 2-1/2 years and perhaps longer.

https://seekingalpha.com/article/4547224-big-market-bottoms

looks like it took nearly TWENTY YEARS to once again reach the previous all time high.

Yeah I think he was talking about a bull market in general, not the ATH.
BlueTaze
Fightin_Aggie said:

BlueTaze said:

The longer we stay above 3600, the more likely we squeeze IMO.
So does that mean people think the markets are heading higher in their opinion?

$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Would be a 3X if I was still in it, but you need to know when you're shorting in an uptrend. Get yours and then bail.
BlueTaze
For you SPY lotto guys, APRN might be a good dice roll. Probably Ch11 in the end, but today overloaded short interest that could squeeze in near term. Not a bad bet if you are confident on an EOY rally.

I'm scaling into some Jan 23 $2.50 calls on dips.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
So annoying. They just can't let this thing run.
irish pete ag06
AG
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Lol i went from being worried I'd screwed up by buying xsp puts at 8:45 and 9, to building out free+ 368 and 370 pins

I don't know who posted the other day that holding 367.29 at close was the line in the sand but we sure keep revisiting it
Golf1
AG
If spy gets below 366…. Do we see 360 again?
ProgN
irish pete ag06 said:

Bear markets.

Green days turn red.

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/10/20/feds-harker-sees-lack-of-progress-on-inflation-expects-aggressive-rate-hikes-ahead.html

Quote:

Philadelphia Federal Reserve President Patrick Harker on Thursday said higher interest rates have done little to keep inflation in check, so more increases will be needed.

"We are going to keep raising rates for a while," the central bank official said in remarks for a speech in New Jersey. "Given our frankly disappointing lack of progress on curtailing inflation, I expect we will be well above 4% by the end of the year."

The latter comment was in reference to the fed funds rate, which currently is targeted in a range between 3%-3.75%.

Markets widely expect the Fed to approve a fourth consecutive 0.75 percentage point interest rate hike in early November, followed by another in December. The expectation is that the Federal Open Market Committee, of which Harker is a nonvoting member this year, will then take rates a bit higher in 2023 before settling in a range around 4.5%-4.75%.

Harker indicated that those higher rates are likely to stay in place for an extended period.

"Sometime next year, we are going to stop hiking rates. At that point, I think we should hold at a restrictive rate for a while to let monetary policy do its work," he said. "It will take a while for the higher cost of capital to work its way through the economy. After that, if we have to, we can tighten further, based on the data."
This didn't help and it hit right when the slide began.
jj9000
AG
Transitory

Will be 2% by EOY 2022.

...and all that stuff though.
CC09LawAg
Got caught being greedy and eyeballing that stupid 1 minute chart too much so far today.

Hoping I can get out of today about break even and I'll call that a win.
topher06
Joe is NOT going to be pleased with those comments this close to midterms
ProgN
topher06 said:

Joe is NOT going to be pleased with those comments this close to midterms
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Isn't this the point where 30k says "this is overdone" and we start reverting to the mean?
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Well how about that...
topher06
As long as the fed continues to throw out increases, any increase is just temporary. Crazy to me that with all of our irresponsible spending in America, we are still somehow more responsible than the rest of the world.
irish pete ag06
AG
If today doesn't switch... 19 of the last 27 are red.
topher06
Today is not switching.
irish pete ag06
AG
I cut my massive TQQQ position for a 3% win. I'm refusing to let this go from green to red.

A win is a win, but I could have played this better... so much better.

I planned to sell calls, but couldn't make myself pull the trigger for some stupid ass reason. The last 3 days would have been perfect for that. 3 days in a row that I could have easily reduced my cost basis by like 5% a day.

I also had several opportunities on those pops to sell at least a portion for a 10%ish win. I had a target of 25 to sell half or more... It never got there.

I don't trust this market to hold it over night. I will look to re-enter as I believe we are long overdue a technical rally back up to the trend line sometime in Q4.

Charismatic Megafauna
AG
I just mean intraday. A ruthless $8 slide with no news (other than a fed governor saying the same stuff we already knew) seems overkill, just bears getting control and making a run for it
topher06
Charismatic Megafauna said:

I just mean intraday. A ruthless $8 slide with no news (other than a fed governor saying the same stuff we already knew) seems overkill, just bears getting control and making a run for it
I'm becoming increasingly convinced that the Fed guys are so continuously dropping these little nuggets about expected to keep rapidly raising rates because (like Bonfire mentioned) they know they can't actually keep the rate elevated for long. They're trying to get maximum shock impact from the little ammunition they have on rate raises.
Heineken-Ashi
ProgN said:

irish pete ag06 said:

Bear markets.

Green days turn red.

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/10/20/feds-harker-sees-lack-of-progress-on-inflation-expects-aggressive-rate-hikes-ahead.html

Quote:

Philadelphia Federal Reserve President Patrick Harker on Thursday said higher interest rates have done little to keep inflation in check, so more increases will be needed.

"We are going to keep raising rates for a while," the central bank official said in remarks for a speech in New Jersey. "Given our frankly disappointing lack of progress on curtailing inflation, I expect we will be well above 4% by the end of the year."

The latter comment was in reference to the fed funds rate, which currently is targeted in a range between 3%-3.75%.

Markets widely expect the Fed to approve a fourth consecutive 0.75 percentage point interest rate hike in early November, followed by another in December. The expectation is that the Federal Open Market Committee, of which Harker is a nonvoting member this year, will then take rates a bit higher in 2023 before settling in a range around 4.5%-4.75%.

Harker indicated that those higher rates are likely to stay in place for an extended period.

"Sometime next year, we are going to stop hiking rates. At that point, I think we should hold at a restrictive rate for a while to let monetary policy do its work," he said. "It will take a while for the higher cost of capital to work its way through the economy. After that, if we have to, we can tighten further, based on the data."
This didn't help and it hit right when the slide began.
“Give it hell Heinekandle, I’m enjoying it.”
- Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX

“No secure borders, no alpha military, no energy independence, no leadership and most of all no mean tweets - this is the worst trade I’ve ever witnessed in my lifetime. ***Put that quote in your quote/signature section HeinendKandle*** LOL!”
- also Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX (obviously in a worse mood)
ProgN
First Page Last Page
Page 5776 of 6618

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.