Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,010,675 Views | 231614 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by El_duderino
BaylorSpineGuy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Bump this.

I'm gonna go play golf at Walnut Creek in Mansfield. If anyone else is tired of this, PM me and we can go chase the white ball.
Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
AG
vette said:

Might not be the right thread to ask, but this one gets the most traffic... where do we expect the 10 year treasury to be at by year-end? Is there some place you guys go to look at a forward curve? Been trying to find some forecasts, but not having a lot of luck.
Expected to be around 4.50-5.0%ish

There is supposedly another 2 rate hikes on the table this year with both at 75bps. So theoretically we should see another 1.50% rise. But the current 4.10% already has some of that early November rate hike baked in.

This can all be derailed by several factors - UK's Gilt issues. The Fed's bleeding off $95B a month in MBS. Major market players backing out of the treasuries market requiring more private investors to buy them which would also raise the yields (lower prices)

No real forecasts out there.
M4 Benelli
M4 Benelli said:

Anybody here into driving Winnebagos? How about investing in them?

Sheer drop today off positive earnings. RSI(14) of 36 for you tech lovers.

Stock price down -11% despite beating estimates en route to Wally's World.
Adjusted EPS of $3.14 beating consensus by 23 cents.
Revenues for 2Q22 is $1.16B, up 38% Y/Y, revenues excluding the recently acquired Barletta business were $1.1B, representing an organic growth rate of 29.4% Y/Y driven by continued strong consumer demand and pricing increases. These bastids just recently branched out to the marine sector, so we got value and some Shamu loving growth down the road. P/E of 5, this screams btfd while everyone simps off the popular chick. You say you like hot broads? This is the ugly duckling with braces, glasses, and pigtails, that becomes a Dime after putting in some time. Who wants Dennis Rodman's sloppy seconds!? I want that cute Church goer in the back pew. Wink wink baby, lets ride.

Oddly enough, I just bought back into CWH earlier today, this would make a nice companion piece.

Timeline comparison-

Revenue 2016: $975 million
Revenue 2021: $3.6 billion

Operating Income 2016: $66 million
Operating Income 2021: $407 million

Kick arse balance sheet, shareholder friendly mgmt, successful expansion into marine segment. WGO is now close to 40% below the highs it reached in 2021. No negative news aside from the unattractive name. Rising gas prices would be a recent negative, but wouldnt account for a 40% decline.

Hey Bertha, lets kiss babaaaay.

Fastfoward

2quarters later, another home run, another -11% day. Yes the macro environment is a dog meme, Rocky AF. Nevertheless, the fundies are as solid as your Aunt Edna's bowels after a bowl of grapenuts. Looking for a flip on a dip? lets take our ports cross country. Entered at 53 this morn and looking to ride this like a fat chick.

Expected Revenue 1.11B, 1.18B Reported
Expected EPS 2.72, 3.02B Reported
P/E is still under 5

NFLX with 5X PE is up 15% because millennials finally found out about a Milwaukee Cannibal. Dont leave your port in the fridge gents, it will rot alongside those giblets. We're looking at low key value thats getting knocked around like it insulted yo mama.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

I have a limit buy for upro at $31

Stop 30.7
You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
vette
AG
Red Pear BCS Luke said:

vette said:

Might not be the right thread to ask, but this one gets the most traffic... where do we expect the 10 year treasury to be at by year-end? Is there some place you guys go to look at a forward curve? Been trying to find some forecasts, but not having a lot of luck.
Expected to be around 4.50-5.0%ish

There is supposedly another 2 rate hikes on the table this year with both at 75bps. So theoretically we should see another 1.50% rise. But the current 4.10% already has some of that early November rate hike baked in.

This can all be derailed by several factors - UK's Gilt issues. The Fed's bleeding off $95B a month in MBS. Major market players backing out of the treasuries market requiring more private investors to buy them which would also raise the yields (lower prices)

No real forecasts out there.

Awesome, thanks. I know about the fed meetings and their hikes, just hard to tell how much of that is baked in already. Wasn't sure if there were any banks or institutions out there with forecasts on this. 4.5-5% would be a crushing blow.
topher06
Chop chop, but buying a few spy calls here expiring next Friday 380
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
EIA weekly inventory report shows a 1.7 million barrel draw. If the admin hadn't dumped 3.6 million barrels on the oil market last week, the inventory report would have shown a 5.3 million barrel draw. Gasoline and distillates were flat. EIA is showing an increase in products supplied for the week.

I have a lot of commentary for this and I'll save it. S&D's,....figures can lie and liars can figure, but if you torture the data long enough it's bound to confess. .... Houston, we have a problem....a 24 month problem likely.
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
I'll get back with you. I'm in data analysis.
GreasenUSA
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Here it comes. Bulls time.
Your ability to nail the intraday reversals is uncanny!
TxAgLaw03RW
AG
WWR getting a little action this morning. Can't find anything specific to WWR, but government is announcing green energy funding and I think WWR volume is on speculation it might receive some of the funding.

https://www.reuters.com/markets/us/us-awards-28-billion-ev-battery-grid-projects-2022-10-19/
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
M4 Benelli said:

looking to ride this like a fat chick.

Like it's last call and you are out of options?
Spoony Love
AG
If SPY can (bulls) break through 372 intraday, we may be able to test the overnight highs before close, but right now, that would mean a higher high intraday. Seems unlikely with expected chop today
Bob Knights Paper Hands
TxAgLaw03RW said:

WWR getting a little action this morning. Can't find anything specific to WWR, but government is announcing green energy funding and I think WWR volume is on speculation it might receive some of the funding.

https://www.reuters.com/markets/us/us-awards-28-billion-ev-battery-grid-projects-2022-10-19/

I'm not sure if I want to star this or to flag it.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Let's see if UPRO sticks.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Obviously trim any time you feel comfortable.
TxAgLaw03RW
AG
I don't think you can flag a post for excessive, perhaps unrealistic, optimism.
wanderer
Bob Knights Liver said:

TxAgLaw03RW said:

I'm not sure if I want to start this or to flag it.
Doesn't look like WWR got in on the fun. There was another Alabama company (Anovion) that did though.

https://www.energy.gov/sites/default/files/2022-10/DOE%20BIL%20Battery%20FOA-2678%20Selectee%20Fact%20Sheets%20-%201_2.pdf
irish pete ag06
AG
wanderer said:

irish pete ag06 said:

I'm a fan. Cash settled index options receive favorable tax treatment (one day, when I have to report a gain, this will help). I've traded them before and the spread on some of them are gross sometimes.
How so? Can you go into that?

https://www.cboe.com/insights/posts/how-taxing-is-your-options-trade/

The CBOE website is actually really educational about these.

https://www.cboe.com/tradable_products/sp_500/mini_spx_options/
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I'm expecting a stop in UPRO
topher06
topher06 said:

Chop chop, but buying a few spy calls here expiring next Friday 380
Cut these for a loss.

EDIT: Right on cue, SPY recovery. Oh well, just lost some of yesterday's gain.
Bird Poo
AG
wanderer said:

Bob Knights Liver said:

TxAgLaw03RW said:

Doesn't look like WWR got in on the fun. There was another Alabama company (Anovion) that did though.

https://www.energy.gov/sites/default/files/2022-10/DOE%20BIL%20Battery%20FOA-2678%20Selectee%20Fact%20Sheets%20-%201_2.pdf
That is not good news for WWR.
MOCO9
AG
Bird Poo said:

wanderer said:

Bob Knights Liver said:

TxAgLaw03RW said:

I would agree, but why then is it up 9%?
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Now that pisses me off!
topher06
Sold it cause it looked like a H&S intraday, but looks like that was rejected.
Philip J Fry
AG
MOCO9 said:

Bird Poo said:

wanderer said:

Bob Knights Liver said:

TxAgLaw03RW said:

I would agree, but why then is it up 9%?

Because I sold it yesterday.
topher06
SPY trying to break through this intraday wedge.

EDIT: Got it, now hold it.
Heineken-Ashi
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX said:

EIA weekly inventory report shows a 1.7 million barrel draw. If the admin hadn't dumped 3.6 million barrels on the oil market last week, the inventory report would have shown a 5.3 million barrel draw. Gasoline and distillates were flat. EIA is showing an increase in products supplied for the week.

I have a lot of commentary for this and I'll save it. S&D's,....figures can lie and liars can figure, but if you torture the data long enough it's bound to confess. .... Houston, we have a problem....a 24 month problem likely.
Beer candles are on daily strong downward trend for crude but with declining volume.

On the weekly, we have a previous downtrend resuming.

But switch to monthly view and current month is an indecision candle. Almost guarantees November is either chop or start of upward trend. An indecision candle is a candle with wicks on both sides. Since beer candles represent the average of a period, with the opening at the middle point of the previous candle, the top being the high, the bottom being the low, and the close being the average of the open, high, low, and close price, trends become very apparent. A double wick shows that there was no predominant trend for that specific candle. That is why I call it an indecision candle. It can lead anywhere. So we need to use context clues. If it occurs DURING a strong downtrend and not surrounded by other indecisive candles or trend reversal candles, it's very likely that the trend is either slowing or ending outright. And since we are approaching the 50% level of the previous major uptrend, I would think support is found either there or earlier.

I'd be out all O&G related shorts by end of month. I'd be looking for confirmation of a bottom and ready to engage upward on a new trend.
“Give it hell Heinekandle, I’m enjoying it.”
- Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX

“No secure borders, no alpha military, no energy independence, no leadership and most of all no mean tweets - this is the worst trade I’ve ever witnessed in my lifetime. ***Put that quote in your quote/signature section HeinendKandle*** LOL!”
- also Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX (obviously in a worse mood)
irish pete ag06
AG
ProgN's favorite formation

Chef Elko
AG
Hopefully WWR can receive some kind of funding. This Anovion company is headquartered in Chicago and has another office in Buffalo, go figure.
topher06
Want to take out some XOM options to December 2022, but concerned they'll do a substantial special dividend which would hurt the underlying. Waiting out the dividend announcement. Sure they'll also raise the regular dividend, which will also help the stock price. Do own some shares long, like I'm guessing many of us here do.
topher06
irish pete ag06 said:

PROG get in here.
BaylorSpineGuy
irish pete ag06 said:

Looks like one should be sagging more than the other :-)
Brewmaster
AG
irish pete ag06 said:

the saggy double D? lol, just messing with him!
Heineken-Ashi
Your green makes me think of blue milk

“Give it hell Heinekandle, I’m enjoying it.”
- Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX

“No secure borders, no alpha military, no energy independence, no leadership and most of all no mean tweets - this is the worst trade I’ve ever witnessed in my lifetime. ***Put that quote in your quote/signature section HeinendKandle*** LOL!”
- also Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX (obviously in a worse mood)
Just Tired
TxAgLaw03RW said:

I don't think you can flag a post for excessive, perhaps unrealistic, optimism.

proven every offseason on the football board.
First Page Last Page
Page 5772 of 6618

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.