Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,028,747 Views | 231616 Replies | Last: 8 hrs ago by ProgN
South Platte
How long do you want to ignore this user?
It's like they are just daring me to jump into SQQQ. Double dog daring me.
irish pete ag06
AG
South Platte said:

Decay be damned... that's been the buy and #hodl this year.

Wish it paid a dividend.

Chef Elko
AG
I'm not upset because the market is down. I'm upset because I believe this could be a lost decade after finally cutting the BS stimulus and artificially low rates of the past 15 years. As a younger investor, that's the worst possible thing.
Philip J Fry
AG
Same. I've done what I could to limit the damage to my 401k, but down 20% anyway. I don't think my wife understands how much this is going to effect us if we don't have a V recovery…which I'm not expecting.
CC09LawAg
I am thankful for this board and this thread because it's made me realize that the way my parents did it and the way you're told to just set it and forget it is just brainwashing...

Is it probably good for a lot of people? Sure. But it's also how they keep you locked in your 40 hr a week paycheck, slowly grinding away so that you can hope to retire and maintain some semblance of the standard of living you've grown accustomed to.

My light bulb went off when I realized the market is a dumpster fire and somebody, somewhere is still making a ton of money.
Chef Elko
AG
Healthcare is the ball and chain keeping us to our desks
topher06
I don't think it was always this way. The swings have become larger and more controlled over time.
CC09LawAg
I agree 100% - the times they are a'changin and I don't want to look up in 30 years with any regret.

I still put away my "safe" money - but I know that isn't what's going to give me the type of freedom I desire.
irish pete ag06
AG
CC09LawAg said:

I am thankful for this board and this thread because it's made me realize that the way my parents did it and the way you're told to just set it and forget it is just brainwashing...

Is it probably good for a lot of people? Sure. But it's also how they keep you locked in your 40 hr a week paycheck, slowly grinding away so that you can hope to retire and maintain some semblance of the standard of living you've grown accustomed to.

My light bulb went off when I realized the market is a dumpster fire and somebody, somewhere is still making a ton of money.
30K's signature says it all.
ibdm98
AG
30K needs to add this image to his sig...

topher06
Maybe we can do the opposite of the crater into close move we've all grown to know and love.
BlueTaze
Is a close above 3620 too much to ask for....
Philip J Fry
AG
No chance
topher06
topher06 said:

Maybe we can do the opposite of the crater into close move we've all grown to know and love.
JK
FTAG 2000
AG
Anyone know why NNOX dropped so much today? I can't find any news.

Charismatic Megafauna
AG
They done us dirty again, boys! I'm gonna have a drink and enjoy my weekend! Hope y'all do the same!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
TQQQ closed at almost exactly my buy limit. $17.50. Executed 3:58 pm.
Carioca Corredor
AG
South Platte said:

Traded SQQQ all week following 30K's post about it on Monday or Tuesday. Best trading week in a long time. Rinse and repeat. Solid volume. Now to figure out next week's plays
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I escaped today. Grateful for that.
BaylorSpineGuy
Man! Glad I was too busy to trade today. I would've gotten rugged! But I'm glad I didn't chase it yesterday. The price action didn't fit my script so I stayed on sidelines.

And caution now, there's a dark cloud cover pattern forming on the daily chart. Pretty bearish pattern. Trade cautiously!

Oh, and my football team sucks this year. So many kicks in the groin.
wanderer
I'd consider you a permabear. How does a 3% down day not fit your script??
ProgN
BaylorSpineGuy said:

Oh, and my football team sucks this year. So many kicks in the groin.
BaylorSpineGuy
wanderer said:

I'd consider you a permabear. How does a 3% down day not fit your script??

I'm pretty close to permabear. There will be a day to be a bull but not yet IMO.

I'm speaking to wanting jump in and be a bull. That was the temptation after such a face ripping rally yesterday. I would've lost in both directions, so I traded neither lol.
ProgN
Happy f'ing Friday fam.

Here's 2 recs that aren't exciting but pretty safe and offer good ROI. I'm not recommending options, but if you're a smaller account and have to due to the stock price, then go out several months. They tend to do well in recessions, especially in the fourth quarter because people have less to spend for Christmas.

Dollar General (DG) is a very good stock with strong management. The other is Dollar Tree (DLTR). They are both in a Darvis box, DG is further along, and the Bollinger bands are getting tight.

IMO, these offer solid potential with minimal risk. Do your own DD as always.
lobwedgephil
CC09LawAg said:

Isn't it incredible how thirty minutes go by and down to the second there is a giant sell off?
If you are actively day trading, look at an economic calendar every morning, so you are aware of important data releases. This one was Consumer Sentiment and Inflation expectations. The algo's fire off this data.
BlueTaze

On the bright side if we see 3200 in coming weeks it will guarantee a GOP midterm victory.
ProgN
Ah, Farmer, what's your take on this potential situation? I'm not as familiar with O&G as you and others in here.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/u-refiners-preparing-potential-fuel-200000439.html

Quote:

U.S. refineries are preparing themselves for the possibility that President Biden could impose a ban on fuel exports after the White House dangled the threat of the ban in front of refiners. No action has been taken to date, but with the mid-terms coming up and fuel prices continuing to rise, this could soon change.

Earlier this month, the White House requested that the U.S. Department of Energy (DoE) assess the potential impact of banning fuel exports including gasoline, diesel, and other refined petroleum products. The move suggested that President Biden may be preparing for a ban. This comes ahead of the mid-term elections, at a time when Biden is concerned about fuel prices rising even higher, and as the U.S. public battles with growing inflation levels and general economic uncertainty.

In August, the U.S. Secretary of Energy, Jennifer Granholm, addressed a letter to U.S. refining companies pleading with them to increase their domestic inventories of gasoline and diesel and to shift focus away from exports. In her letter, she pointed to the potential for "emergency measures" to be taken if they could not achieve this goal. In October, she suggested that restrictions on energy exports were a possibility, and although they were not being considered "at this time," that may change if deemed necessary.

Refineries across the country are uncertain about whether Biden will call for a ban on fuel exports in a bid to manage high gasoline and diesel prices. Due to the ongoing insecurity, U.S. refineries are now putting contingency plans in place to be prepared for any sudden decision from the White House.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
The way you guys need to think about weeks like this are whether or not you had a green week. Red days happen. I barely scratched out a positive day today and it was difficult. The price action sucked and failed breakdown setups didn't work. Today had a lot of traps and didn't present linear price action after the initial move.

Week was green, I'm going to call it a win. Next week is a series of fresh opportunities.

Bio looks strong by the way.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I also want to call attention to respecting stops.

I attempted to long TSLA this morning. The setup was there for it. Bullish open that gap filled. I got long at just below 223 on the gap fill and then it spiked very quickly to 225+. I thought I was on my way and set a stop below support of 219 (stop 218). It didn't work, but TSLA closed the day at 204! While it sucks to take a paper cut, I'd much rather take that paper cut immediately on invalidation instead of bagholding. Happened to me twice on UPRO today, but you know, because I was disciplined with it and didn't go ape shirt on risk on a Friday after a huge move, it was a minor set back.

Gaining $50 on your account is better than losing $5,000.
ProgN
How's your new freedom from walking away from the rat race feeling? It was liberating for me when I finally did it. For me it was one of the scariest and unsure decisions I've ever made, but it was the best thing for me personally, except for my son.
Brewmaster
AG
broke even, almost exactly. If I'd just traded this morning, I'd have a nice green week. Over traded the rest of the day. I think I'm going to adopt your rule of mostly avoiding 10:00 to 2:00. especially where we are at now too - we could just chop all next week as we consolidate.
ProgN
BREwmaster said:

broke even, almost exactly. If I'd just traded this morning, I'd have a nice green week. Over traded the rest of the day. I think I'm going to adopt your rule of mostly avoiding 10:00 to 2:00. especially where we are at now too - we could just chop all next week as we consolidate.
Check your email
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
ProgN said:

Ah, Farmer, what's your take on this potential situation? I'm not as familiar with O&G as you and others in here.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/u-refiners-preparing-potential-fuel-200000439.html

Quote:

U.S. refineries are preparing themselves for the possibility that President Biden could impose a ban on fuel exports after the White House dangled the threat of the ban in front of refiners. No action has been taken to date, but with the mid-terms coming up and fuel prices continuing to rise, this could soon change.

Earlier this month, the White House requested that the U.S. Department of Energy (DoE) assess the potential impact of banning fuel exports including gasoline, diesel, and other refined petroleum products. The move suggested that President Biden may be preparing for a ban. This comes ahead of the mid-term elections, at a time when Biden is concerned about fuel prices rising even higher, and as the U.S. public battles with growing inflation levels and general economic uncertainty.

In August, the U.S. Secretary of Energy, Jennifer Granholm, addressed a letter to U.S. refining companies pleading with them to increase their domestic inventories of gasoline and diesel and to shift focus away from exports. In her letter, she pointed to the potential for "emergency measures" to be taken if they could not achieve this goal. In October, she suggested that restrictions on energy exports were a possibility, and although they were not being considered "at this time," that may change if deemed necessary.

Refineries across the country are uncertain about whether Biden will call for a ban on fuel exports in a bid to manage high gasoline and diesel prices. Due to the ongoing insecurity, U.S. refineries are now putting contingency plans in place to be prepared for any sudden decision from the White House.

Okay. To my knowledge, it is unlawful, against the law, whatever you want to call it, for the President to stop/halt/ban the export of refined petroleum products (with exception to wartime). The President can stop the exportation of crude at any time. If this President stops/halts/bans refined products, I believe this gets ramped to the U.S. Supreme Court pronto. I would think this is unreasonable restraint of trade where the Clayton Act, Sherman Anti-Trust Act or Federal Trade Commission Act would come into play for refined product manufacturers. I'm not aware of "emergency measures"(<- as noted in article) that would over-ride those Act's mentioned above. This is insanity. If the libs do this to U.S. refiners, I hope the refiners shut off LNG and call Force Majeure on forward contracts and let all of Europe freeze. Then shut down the California refineries with a bogus maintenance problem. I'm a little guy that could not make a ripple, but I am truly stunned by what I read above. My logical side says relax, after November 8th the libs will not care about the price of crude, gas or diesel. (I'm stewing,....if it's so bad, those SPR Releases should have been stopped months ago. Frankly, it is bad, those S&D's have been screaming for months. However, we have a POTUS and an Administration that is not good, or smart.)

I know a whale that has been collecting MRO with the thought that crude export would be banned and refined products zoom in value and he makes bank. He's been collecting MRO for 18 months that I know of. (I don't own any MRO stock) I'll see if I can reach him this weekend and get his take on this refined products messaging from the Administration.
ProgN
Thanks, I'm nowhere near familiar with that Industry but I didn't get a warm and fuzzy feeling while reading that.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
So glad I made the change. Really love what I'm doing at the moment. Just about the work and not the BS.
First Page Last Page
Page 5763 of 6618

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.