Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

23,992,503 Views | 231574 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by EliteZags
irish pete ag06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Oh I'm definitely eye balling getting short the macros as soon as I feel a top has formed.
irish pete ag06
AG
Cem as clear as I've ever heard him speak.

I'm currently big long oil via OXY

Long biotech via LQDA and LABU.

I want to get long nuclear. Wish I had done it back in mid summer when I brought it up on this board but got talked out of it a little bit.

I'll be looking to go short macro when/if we start bumping into 3850

Edit to say: even though I've learned a lot… I have to ask. Cem is talking about VIX right when he just refers to "vol?"
Tibbers
$axxa has a price to book ratio of .25. It's sitting at a little over .01. Market cap is like 6 million.
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
irish pete ag06 said:

Farmer! Where are you?!

Last day in TX, Wed. Heading back to SD.
*Saudi keeps their word.
*Crude Cut estimates are 1.0 to 2.5 mbd.
*Saw a 4.5 mbd
*Needs to be 1.0 mbd to offset the SPR Releases
*Many think 700,000 to 1.0 will be the range.
*That article is true
*After Mid-Terms the Dems dont care, win or lose.
*Gasoline going up
*WTI going up
*Diesel never came down
*California refineries down for routine maintenance. No other refineries makes CA special blend. California gas prices on a quick rise.
*IMO, SHTF at Thanksgiving for the U.S. in energy. Could happen sooner.
*SPR releases stop approximately Nov 10th.
*Buckle up for a couple years of high energy, unless Republicans can win Mid-Terms and stop Brandon.
*XOM 8K out and things look swimmingly.
*Germans are going to freeze
*Saudi dont like WTI and Brent manipulation
*I dont care for Putin or Zilensky, but since I am a betting man, I bet the Russians did not blow their pipes...did I say Germans are going to freeze?
*Brandon, begging OPEC not to cut production and fails to talk with U.S. producers....sums it up
*XOM is going to finish 2022 with much success, and 2023 will be even better.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Futures are red, likely based on the OPEC news and expectations of that fueling higher inflation and lessening the likelihood the Fed reverses course.

Realistically how much demand destruction has occurred and is that what OPEC is trying to account for in the medium term? I think we'll see that price spike but demand will be much more of a variable than it normally is and control prices until we recover from this transitory recession.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
It looks like we will open below Mancini's key level for bulls. This will be an interesting day.

oldarmy1
AG
Bob Knights Liver said:

It looks like we will open below Mancini's key level for bulls. This will be an interesting day.

Adam said he was long, although trimmed at the close which really boggled my mind after a 200+point SPX move. Regardless of OPEC there was a higher probability of consolidation because, as he says, we are still in a bear market.

oldarmy1
AG
AMZN signals no more hires due to slowing of online spending.
The Pilot
AG
oldarmy1 said:

The signal from my house is online spending still at ATH..
irish pete ag06
AG

Man I like Scott. I wish my port was big enough to justify joining T3
irish pete ag06
AG
Thank you (your wife) for doing your (her) part to save the economy.
Tibbers
$axxa.
sts7049
AG
one penny stock is enough for me. BMIX (now ATLX)
ProgN

Play with sound on.

Play to the end. This seal had zero ****s to give.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Bulls fighting back.
CC09LawAg
Farmer, I could kiss you.
irish pete ag06
AG
Get in line buddy
Saltyag15
AG
Farmer

AW 1880
AG
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX said:

Bookmark this.

In 2 to 3 weeks Saudi will cut crude production. OPEC+ is 3.4mbd under quota for August. Record for being under quota. Basically, since the beginning of the year Commercials have approximately a 9 million barrel build....while 150 million barrels have been released from the SPR (March to present). There is no "build". Maybe that helps paint the picture a bit better. Without the SPR releases(March to present), WTI should have been and presently be $150+, gasoline at the pump should have been and presently be north of $10/gal......for several months.. November should deliver the racheting price increases. Energy is not going to help those CPI numbers, that's why I noted earlier energy could blow up the CPI progress in the YoY calculation.

But ask yourself, are we really at 8% inflation? Maybe consider this, this Administration (DOE/EIA) published numbers that stated our fuel demand/consumption in June and/or July was less than our COVID Lock-Down when nobody drove to work. Sure it was..
Bob Knights Paper Hands
It'll be interesting to see in that 9/28 high give SPX any support close to this level or if we are going to fill yesterday's gap today. Holy cow that would be a major island reversal to the downside. I tend to think we may consolidate here instead, but really who knows.
topher06
AW 1880 said:

Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX said:

Bookmark this.

In 2 to 3 weeks Saudi will cut crude production. OPEC+ is 3.4mbd under quota for August. Record for being under quota. Basically, since the beginning of the year Commercials have approximately a 9 million barrel build....while 150 million barrels have been released from the SPR (March to present). There is no "build". Maybe that helps paint the picture a bit better. Without the SPR releases(March to present), WTI should have been and presently be $150+, gasoline at the pump should have been and presently be north of $10/gal......for several months.. November should deliver the racheting price increases. Energy is not going to help those CPI numbers, that's why I noted earlier energy could blow up the CPI progress in the YoY calculation.

But ask yourself, are we really at 8% inflation? Maybe consider this, this Administration (DOE/EIA) published numbers that stated our fuel demand/consumption in June and/or July was less than our COVID Lock-Down when nobody drove to work. Sure it was..

Think average Americans aren't grasping the incoming buzzsaw that has been set up by the irresponsible use of the SPR to manipulate market pricing at historic levels. Of course, none of that will happen until mid November (random date), so we still have a little bit of time.
topher06
Bob Knights Liver said:

It'll be interesting to see in that 9/28 high give SPX any support close to this level or if we are going to fill yesterday's gap today. Holy cow that would be a major island reversal to the downside. I tend to think we may consolidate here instead, but really who knows.
I'm just staying out of it today. Taking it on the chin with the BAC calls, but those have some time. This market is feels so manipulated right now, you're just guessing which set of algos are turned on in any particular day.
Brewmaster
AG
I can hear 30K saying, "in a bear market, gaps below get filled after we gap up".

that would be 368 and change.
Heineken-Ashi
Today and tomorrow are big decision days for the beer candles.

Remember, there is not much missed if you wait for a weekly trend to CONFIRM upward. Why are you trying to time the market? For a couple extra bucks? How's that worked out for you?

Even if it takes a month, let it confirm. Let other idiots be the ones shaken out one way or another. Go get your thrills watching football.

Once it confirms, then you deploy heavily with the trend and tell your buddies how smart you are while kissing your local farmer.
“Give it hell Heinekandle, I’m enjoying it.”
- Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX

“No secure borders, no alpha military, no energy independence, no leadership and most of all no mean tweets - this is the worst trade I’ve ever witnessed in my lifetime. ***Put that quote in your quote/signature section HeinendKandle*** LOL!”
- also Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX (obviously in a worse mood)
Golf1
AG
NFLX is getting near the bottom of the arc but man this is a big red day so far and it isn't showing signs of slowing down to me.
Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
AG
Just purchased some XOM $100 Calls out to Jan '23 around $6.60.

Drill, Baby, Drill Cut, Baby, Cut
irish pete ag06
AG
Golf1 said:

NFLX is getting near the bottom of the arc but man this is a big red day so far and it isn't showing signs of slowing down to me.

What gives me pause about NFLX was it showed relative weakness yesterday during the big green rally...

Although the darvas box gives a clear spot to go long and have a stop.
Golf1
AG
I've noticed a couple of times where nflx has gone differently than what the market has done. I think part of it has been based off news but it has been interesting for sure.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Many got sucked in at the top. No reason to long yet.
topher06
Feels like I've never rooted so hard against the dollar in my life.
tailgatetimer10
AG
oldarmy1 said:

This happened a couple of quarters ago, when they also pulled back on acquisition of warehousing.
Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
AG
Biden writing a strongly worded letter to OPEC...

You can't make this s*** up....
Brewmaster
AG
Heineken-Ashi said:

Today and tomorrow are big decision days for the beer candles.

Remember, there is not much missed if you wait for a weekly trend to CONFIRM upward. Why are you trying to time the market? For a couple extra bucks? How's that worked out for you?

Even if it takes a month, let it confirm. Let other idiots be the ones shaken out one way or another. Go get your thrills watching football.

Once it confirms, then you deploy heavily with the trend and tell your buddies how smart you are while kissing your local farmer.
this is such a great post
BaylorSpineGuy
Rounded bottom attempted breakout here. Some resistance at breakout. Need to see if this breakout can sustain. Choppy today since initial drop. Resisting urge to trade just to trade since I've been busy these last few days. Don't give away your money! (I'm saying this to myself!).
cryption
"OPEC+ said Wednesday that it will cut oil production by 2 million barrels per day, the biggest cut since the start of the pandemic, in a move that threatens to raise prices higher just weeks before US miderms.

The group of major oil producers, which includes Saudi Arabia and Russia, announced the production cut following its first meeting in person since March 2020. The reduction is equivalent to about 2% of global oil demand."
First Page Last Page
Page 5737 of 6617

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.