Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

23,988,361 Views | 231573 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by Swollen Thumb
topher06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
wanderer said:

Just did the quick mental math. It's less than 9yrs.
Nice! $30k, if you pass Musk in less than 9 years then can you pay a player to represent you or your screenname or whatever who Oklahoma thinks they should get so we can continue bathing in their tears?
Bob Knights Paper Hands
wanderer said:

It's less than 9yrs.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Bulls saved today from much worse. Let's see what happens tomorrow.
irish pete ag06
AG
HOLY ****

DUDE THAT'S WILD
irish pete ag06
AG
Where 30K lives

1 minute chart
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I'm actually kind of mad it didn't settle at 3641.7. That was the original closing cross.
wanderer
Cause then at that rate it would only take you 2.44yrs to match Musk.
khkman22
AG
So how does that work? They closed in the money, but you don't have to purchase shares, but can still clear the $.47/share?

What if the original closing cross was 3,640.47 (instead of 3,641.70), but ended up at 3,639.50 (instead of 3,640.47)? Same execution by the brokerage but you lose money?
Brewmaster
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

Bulls saved today from much worse. Let's see what happens tomorrow.
New low though and another hook close, am I right? AAPL puts were flying all day. looks like when it capitulates we may finally get a bottom.
wanderer
SPX is cash settled on it's expiration.

https://www.investopedia.com/terms/c/cash-settled-options.asp
irish pete ag06
AG
Since the gap down.... we have a broadening formation...

Not sure what to do with this information other than tell you guys.

Ag CPA
AG
Another red day probably coming thanks to Nike.
BaylorSpineGuy
Imagine thinking 1 yr ago buying NKE at 100 would be a steal. I bet it goes to 50.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
WestTexAg12 said:

If you ever follow Harry wangs trades, I would treat them as lottos and I would set a target exit at 100%

Agreed. He missed big on his ones this morning so far

Bob Knights Paper Hands
Ag CPA said:

Another red day probably coming thanks to Nike.

Let's open below 3650 and I'm a happy camper.
BaylorSpineGuy
I'm long with 3 363C expiring tomorrow and 2 355P expiring next Friday. So much consolidation in this range for nearly a week. End of month/quarter balancing and historically bearish week.

Trying not to be too biased.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
There will be quarter end dressing tomorrow. I'm assuming an up day most likely.
BaylorSpineGuy
Does the JHEQX thing cause much effect? I think the 3580 is the long put?
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
BaylorSpineGuy said:

No idea.
FJ43

LUMN won't go out of business. Demand is too high for what they do. I bought more here at 7.45.

I'm trying to get FJ to talk me out of selling a lot of December 7P
I bought more of this today as well. Long hold and nice dividend.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

Brewmaster
AG

There will be quarter end dressing tomorrow. I'm assuming an up day most likely.
end of the quarter rebalancing comes to an end, that's what you're referring to?
FJ43

SPX….I think we need 3505 at least and 3330 even better.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.

BaylorSpineGuy
As Model T lovers, I like the 3500 range at least! Marks the Model T from COVID low to ATH.

OA comments on the flash that happens just beyond those retracements. Beyond that, it's just following trend, maybe 61.8% retracement?
FJ43
BaylorSpineGuy said:

As Model T lovers, I like the 3500 range at least! Marks the Model T from COVID low to ATH.

OA comments on the flash that happens just beyond those retracements. Beyond that, it's just following trend, maybe 61.8% retracement?
Yep. SPX 3330 is a support level below that. Also decent pullback from the highs.

lobwedgephil
BaylorSpineGuy said:

Mostly non issue unless we really puke, if we get down there say under 3600, dealers will have to start hedging that position more, so would accelerate things. That said, they sometimes roll it in the morning.
krosch11
AG
I just read the "predict the MSU game score " thread and almost responded with "so is everyone bullish all of a sudden?"

I read this thread far too much
Golf1
AG
Isn't BSG in Las Vegas? There has to be better things to be doing there than on texags asking financial advice!
BaylorSpineGuy
At TAO, waiting for people to arrive. Ugh….
irish pete ag06
AG
Heineken-Ashi
irish pete ag06 said:

Could be true. But I take anything that touts market buy signal accuracy mostly during the greatest bull run in the history of the market with a grain of a salt.

To be fair, the recession was in that time period. But the time preceding it and immediately after it were ridiculously bullish. So any buy signals would have mostly been after oversold BULL market corrections.

We are not in a bull market. The corrections are upward. I would trust that model's sell signals in this market more than it's buy signals. Surprises should be expected in the direction of the trend.
“Give it hell Heinekandle, I’m enjoying it.”
- Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX

“No secure borders, no alpha military, no energy independence, no leadership and most of all no mean tweets - this is the worst trade I’ve ever witnessed in my lifetime. ***Put that quote in your quote/signature section HeinendKandle*** LOL!”
- also Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX (obviously in a worse mood)
BlueTaze

Interesting perspective. Pretty clear J Powell is projecting Volcker type action with tough talk about aggressive front end loading. I bet the Sept inflation report is gonna look good, not so sure about the Aug PCE report coming in this AM.

Bob Knights Paper Hands
Morning Ags. We're a bit green this morning. ESU2 futures tagged 3700 this morning and were rejected, though they've found some support, at least for now, near the 5-sma 3665.

Asia most red. European indices were up over 1% but now back to just slightly green.

I still think we'll get a pin near 3700 or the 5 or 10-sma. That would take a decent little green day.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Cpe was green then pulled back to down 2% premarket. If i can't find a good reason i may add some oct lottos this morning to go with my long nov and dec calls
Bob Knights Paper Hands

We could have a fake out move and then market react either way to this when cash session starts.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I'm surprised the reaction hasn't been worse to this.
First Page Last Page
Page 5727 of 6617

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.