Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

23,991,375 Views | 231573 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by Swollen Thumb
irish pete ag06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Were these SPX puts loaded up on at 3700?
topher06
Think it will rebound on the next inflation print, at least until Powell opens his mouth again. Can't see how inflation accelerates with the recent energy crash.
BaylorSpineGuy
Big green volume coming in here. I closed my last put that I left since Friday. Closed around 361.90 area.

Hard to be active trader this week but will follow as I can. If this things gets back to 3750-3850 range, will short again. Still don't think the last selling leg is done here.
Bonfire97
AG
Quote:

Think it will rebound on the next inflation print, at least until Powell opens his mouth again. Can't see how inflation accelerates with the recent energy crash.
I can see how it keeps going. I was watching KBTX last night and they were talking about all the infrastructure funding about to hit BCS. 25M here, 15M there, etc. That's happening all over the US. That one trillion dollars is going to re-heat everything back up again. Biden is so dumb.
Philip J Fry
AG
Bonfire97 said:

Quote:

I can see how it keeps going. I was watching KBTX last night and they were talking about all the infrastructure funding about to hit BCS. 25M here, 15M there, etc. That's happening all over the US. That one trillion dollars is going to re-heat everything back up again. Biden is so dumb.

Never underestimate Congress and their desire to spend our way through inflation.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
If we close above 3656 and 275 on SPX and QQQ we will have had a RDR on the macros. Normally that might make me a little bullish, but we did the same on Sept 14, May 10, and April 13, and none of those successfully signalled a reversal.

For those looking for capitulation, we have seen volume starting to pick up, so we might be nearing exhaustion selling.
Brewmaster
AG
if we keep testing SPY 362, eventually it will give, but bulls are fighting here, volume picking up
topher06
BREwmaster said:

if we keep testing SPY 362, eventually it will give, but bulls are fighting here, volume picking up
At some point the people with cash on the sideline will start averaging in. We are oversold, even if you think it might go down a bit more and don't want to dive back in all the way yet.
Brewmaster
AG
topher06
Sticking to the recent script perfectly. Brief run up at open, tank market to around lunch, flat for a few hours, rapid increase in price, tank market in last 5 minutes.
BaylorSpineGuy
Are any banks gonna full on puke? CS and DB charts look dog crap.

I remember 30K telling us that he went obnoxiously long on C when it crapped in 2008. Are any of the banks gonna be treated with the same mercy this time around? Is it gonna get to that degree? CS is at $4 and DB is under $8. Their charts look like dog Shiite and their red volume is wild this week.

$30,000 Millionaire
AG
BaylorSpineGuy said:

Are any banks gonna full on puke? CS and DB charts look dog crap.

I remember 30K telling us that he went obnoxiously long on C when it crapped in 2008. Are any of the banks gonna be treated with the same mercy this time around? Is it gonna get to that degree? CS is at $4 and DB is under $8. Their charts look like dog Shiite and their red volume is wild this week.

I don't think so this time. The 2008 financial crisis was in banks, they lost 70-80% of their value. Some have never recovered.

I think this go round it's high beta growth that are getting the ass beating.

BaylorSpineGuy
You may be right. Thanks for insight. No doubt the zombie companies are gonna get slayed.

Just curious though if some banks are over leveraged in housing which is turning over now. Who gets spared if things start getting ugly? XLF looks awful right now.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Dividend paying stocks that aren't over valued are the safest places to invest right now. Everything else is dog shat.

VZ, PG, KO, XOM etc.
ProgN

The digital dollar is nothing more than a way to control everyone.
FJ43
$30,000 Millionaire said:

Show off
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

FJ43
FJ43 said:

Possible trade. I'll be taking this one at some point.

VIX puts on a push over 32. Out to Oct monthly or even November. For me 27-30p.
Bought Nov puts on todays flash into 34. They were up over 10% quick but I will hold. We could very well get another spike to the moon and I will probably add.

Trade only. I'm a redneck so don't follow me.

Oh…I don't think the bottom is in yet but could also be very wrong.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.

$30,000 Millionaire
AG
What do you think guys? Time to short the dollar?

SW AG80
AG
topher06 said:

Energy has been down some. But the entire world needs energy and there is a supply shortage. I have not bought back into energy but I will very soon.

The energy companies pay a good dividend and I don't think energy stocks will bottom out so I do not see much downside. And with winter coming on the Nat. Gas stocks should do very well. And the problems in Europe can do nothing but drive energy stocks higher.
Ag CPA
AG
Futures up again, thinking that tomorrow is going to be a repeat of today.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Maybe without the early green run.
BlueTaze

CNBCs top TA guy is predicting a USD reversal AND also a market crash to pre-covid highs. I don't see how both can happen.
FJ43
FJ43 said:

FJ43 said:

Possible trade. I'll be taking this one at some point.

VIX puts on a push over 32. Out to Oct monthly or even November. For me 27-30p.
Bought Nov puts on todays flash into 34. They were up over 10% quick but I will hold. We could very well get another spike to the moon and I will probably add.

Trade only. I'm a redneck so don't follow me.

Oh…I don't think the bottom is in yet but could also be very wrong.
FWIW if VIX opens/gets to around 30 or just above tomorrow I will take my 50% and my toys and go home for the day.

I'll look to buy back should we spike on any flush.

I trust nothing.

ProgN
BlueTaze said:

CNBCs top TA guy is predicting a USD reversal AND also a market crash to pre-covid highs. I don't see how both can happen.
The DJIA has large gap from 2 years ago around 28,000. I doubted it'd ever fill it but I'd bet money it does now.
FJ43

The only sure play right now is whatever Nancy is buying.

Someone finds out let us know.

ProgN
SAVA spiking hard really late tonight AH and I can't find any news.

ETA: I can't remember a stock moving like this so late in the night.
lobwedgephil
ProgN said:

Ripped off BIIB news.

Biogen Announced Lecanemab Confirmatory Phase 3 Clarity Ad Study Met Primary Endpoint, Showing Highly Statistically Significant Reduction of Clinical Decline in Large Global Clinical Study of 1,795 Participants With Early Alzheimer's Disease

lobwedgephil
BlueTaze said:

This is how.

US FUTURES TRADING NEW DAY'S LOW AFTER BLOOMBERG'S REPORT ON APPLE, CO. NOT TO INCREASE PRODUCTION AFTER DEMAND FAILED
wanderer
Seems too obvious.

What do you usually play when longing/shorting the dollar? UUP as you posted? Shares? Options?
ProgN
lobwedgephil said:

ProgN said:

Ripped off BIIB news.

Biogen Announced Lecanemab Confirmatory Phase 3 Clarity Ad Study Met Primary Endpoint, Showing Highly Statistically Significant Reduction of Clinical Decline in Large Global Clinical Study of 1,795 Participants With Early Alzheimer's Disease

SAVA would be down on positive BIIB news, not up 6 at 8pm. I suspect it's something else and tomorrow might be very interesting.
irish pete ag06
AG
Look like the general is about to fall... this may be what drives a rally to form soon.

Bob Knights Paper Hands
I'm hearing the same reason for SAVA spiking https://www.reuters.com/business/healthcare-pharmaceuticals/eisai-biogen-alzheimers-drug-success-follows-many-failures-2022-09-27/

The thought is that here was so much negative press in general about treatment of Alzheimer's that any positive phase 3 results proves that benefits can be had. SAVA had much more success in not only slowing decline, but even restoring cognitive ability during phase 2. Consider what a positive phase 3 results would give for SAVA and I think some of the shorts may have started closing out.
ProgN
Bob Knights Liver said:

I'm hearing the same reason for SAVA spiking https://www.reuters.com/business/healthcare-pharmaceuticals/eisai-biogen-alzheimers-drug-success-follows-many-failures-2022-09-27/

The thought is that here was so much negative press in general about treatment of Alzheimer's that any positive phase 3 results proves that benefits can be had. SAVA had much more success in not only slowing decline, but even restoring cognitive ability during phase 2. Consider what a positive phase 3 results would give for SAVA and I think some of the shorts may have started closing out.
Thank you, then I retract my previous statement lobwedge.
Golf1
AG
I would love for AAPL to somehow get a bounce tomorrow morning at open and get some puts. I don't think I'll be that lucky though. I would assume this gets SPY down in the mid to upper 350s tomorrow.
BlueTaze
I put an order in for UUP Jan23 $30 puts at .70ea
First Page Last Page
Page 5718 of 6617

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.