Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

23,993,569 Views | 231574 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by EliteZags
Brewmaster
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
lots of fear, even here, gotta be close to a short squeeze
topher06
BREwmaster said:

Hope so. I'm not selling my long positions, just trying to dull the pain trading options.
jbeck3487
AG
Where is the bottom or next support for AMD?
South Platte
Torbush.
Brewmaster
AG
jbeck3487 said:

Where is the bottom or next support for AMD?
it has a gap on the daily chart back to about 62, literally from July of 2020. Before that, it was stuck in a box for a few months between 58 and about 49.
That being said, everything is very oversold down here, we're due for a bounce very soon.

AMD is also in a channel down... 55 is roughly the spot where it would bounce in the channel. I tihnk it gets a relief bounce first though..

ProgN
BREwmaster said:

I'd bet we're closer to a capitulation puke which would be preferable to a squeeze that delays the capitulation. I'm sitting at the local watering hole minding my business but listening to other people talking among each other. These are blue collar hard working people and they're discussing their 401Ks and mutual funds and if they should just sell out before they lose everything. This usually is a big indicator that capitulation and market bottom is close. JMO.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
topher06 said:

BREwmaster said:

Hope so. I'm not selling my long positions, just trying to dull the pain trading options.

If these are long enough term holdings and you're not going to sell them regardless, you might want to stop checking them often. Seriously, that makes it better. In a bear market only regularly check holdings where there's a potential decision.
tremble
AG
ProgN said:

BREwmaster said:

I'd bet we're closer to a capitulation puke which would be preferable to a squeeze that delays the capitulation. I'm sitting at the local watering hole minding my business but listening to other people talking among each other. These are blue collar hard working people and they're discussing their 401Ks and mutual funds and if they should just sell out before they lose everything. This usually is a big indicator that capitulation and market bottom is close. JMO.

I think we are still a few months out. Once we hit the depths of winter in Europe we will see the real capitulation. Spikes in US NG due to European markets buying everything off the market + the hit to corporate earnings from US multi-nats getting butt-plunged by a stronger dollar. Add in the EM balance of payment crises that are inevitable and it's going to be a **** show.
FJ43
cryption said:

I followed OA on that SPY 380c and was up this morning 18%, I took a screenshot and joked "hey now's a good time to probably sell." It was red the next candle.
If you are following and get up scalping set a trail or stop immediately unless you know your SRs.

Just my 2 cents. Don't want you to lose money.

Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

FJ43
ProgN said:

BREwmaster said:

Agree….capitulation will come before a bottom. No need to be in the way of that.

Hedge, use options strategies, trade the current market, etc.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.

FJ43
Red Pear BCS Luke said:

Interest rates are up almost 0.20% today.

Take that and apply it to your take on Housing.
How is this impacting and trends you are seeing? In TN I am seeing continual reductions in asking price.

Gabster43213
A vast majority of people are looking at their 401k's or other employee retirement plans and are locked into general equity funds (emerging market, growth, value, social choice, etc).

Thank goodness, my financial advisor recommended to me last November to go from a 70/30 equity to bonds to just the opposite (30/70).

There still appear to be several headwinds over the next 3-5 months. Will be interesting to see how earnings will be post holiday season.
cryption
Yeah I appreciate it. I even thought about a trailing stop but I still get too attached to trades. Something I need to work on
Bob Knights Paper Hands
ES Futures, probably said:

All your 3700's are belong to me
FJ43
cryption said:

Yeah I appreciate it. I even thought about a trailing stop but I still get too attached to trades. Something I need to work on
We've all been there at one time or another over the years.

Just remember its a transaction, That's all…nothing more. You'll have wins and losses and the keys are managing risk, protecting capital and taking gains.

ProgN
tremble said:

ProgN said:

BREwmaster said:

I think we are still a few months out. Once we hit the depths of winter in Europe we will see the real capitulation. Spikes in US NG due to European markets buying everything off the market + the hit to corporate earnings from US multi-nats getting butt-plunged by a stronger dollar. Add in the EM balance of payment crises that are inevitable and it's going to be a **** show.
The market always prices things in before "everyone thinks it will happen" and I'm in the camp that is happening now. If I'm right, there will be several posts of people saying "the market is rigged" or "why is the market going up everyday" because they loaded up on puts because it was logical. However you think the market will react in 6 months, the MM are adjusting right now.
sts7049
AG
there are already plenty of those posts
ProgN
Apologies for replying.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
So load up on naked $4500 SPX calls for October?
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
ProgN said:

... there will be several posts of people saying "the market is rigged" or "why is the market going up everyday"

I think he was responding to this comment

I don't think anyone here is going to begrudge you the opportunity to opine on the markets
ProgN
Maybe you're right, I've just had one of those **** days that seems to only get worse with each passing hour so I may have interpreted it wrong.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Sounds like somebody has a case of the Mondays!

(Just playing brother. Hope tomorrow is better! )
ProgN
Thank you, I did lol. I hope so too. Office Space has so many great quotes we all use everyday.
Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
AG
FJ43 said:

Red Pear BCS Luke said:

Interest rates are up almost 0.20% today.

Take that and apply it to your take on Housing.
How is this impacting and trends you are seeing? In TN I am seeing continual reductions in asking price.
I am about to put an offer in on a house representing the buyer. We are going to be offering for 85% of the already reduced listing price and the buyer plans to use the rebate to get an additional pricing reduction as well. Seller's Agent was actually receptive so deals are still being done but they are fewer, farer and more realistic then before. Noticeable uptick in supply
GreasenUSA
AG
Ban check test.

To make this post productive, I'm enjoying trading with a bearish bias overall, but the last 2 days I've been very hesitant to go big on my shorts. We really oughta have a solid bounce day soon.
irish pete ag06
AG
I feel so stupid saying this…. The market has reacted rationally to the recent events. Feels like it's due some irration. Which is why I think we bounce. I am usually wrong though.

And by bounce... I don't mean all time highs... I just mean a BMR
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
This is a time to just get out of the way and preserve capital.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
More shares for me!
sts7049
AG
Charismatic Megafauna said:

ProgN said:

... there will be several posts of people saying "the market is rigged" or "why is the market going up everyday"

I think he was responding to this comment

I don't think anyone here is going to begrudge you the opportunity to opine on the markets

that's what I meant!
Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
AG
Dollar is up against every single major world currency today.
Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
AG
https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/articles/2022-07-19/dollar-milkshake-theory-is-not-good-news-for-the-economy

Dollar Milkshake Theory - anyone familiar?
jj9000
AG
Red Pear BCS Luke said:

https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/articles/2022-07-19/dollar-milkshake-theory-is-not-good-news-for-the-economy

Dollar Milkshake Theory - anyone familiar?

Edited b/c it's too early to make jokes.
M4 Benelli
Do these op-ed dames get paid for this fluff? Legit three miniscule paragraphs to state that the USD is the best looking horse in the glue factory. Love how it starts out, "For America's Many Problem." I reckon that that was prepositioned in a manner to slight a certain half of the populace.

There's three more mini articles penned by the same dame on the page, and the fluff is flying. One goes on about Latin and German being antiquated languages that cant get their gender conjugation down, and some pablum comparison betwixt trees and Senators. Guess Nancy Pelosi does look like a snag.

To answer my own question, Bloomberg Editors make on Avg 140k. Lovely...

Bob Knights Paper Hands
For the bulls I think running above 3700 but then selling off overnight would have been a better outcome. We could get a little green run or a squeeze today, but we could also get a gap up plunge down day. This may be a tricky one to trade. Make sure to take some profits quickly and let runners run today.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Gap ups have not held lately. Gap fill is probably likely. Ironically gap downs have held.
First Page Last Page
Page 5716 of 6617

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.