Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

23,996,214 Views | 231587 Replies | Last: 13 min ago by Heineken-Ashi
BaylorSpineGuy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I'm not allowed in those circles. Lol
Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
AG
Live Look at the markets

https://i.imgur.com/d4pu06W.mp4
irish pete ag06
AG
IBKR is going to take some real getting used to...

Just executed my first option trade on there.
topher06
Brutal day. Congrats to those who held your puts til (near) the end.
Ag CPA
AG
Silly thing is that we are back to where we were only a week ago.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Markets always overshoot. There will likely be retracement soon. CPI wasn't that crazy
You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
topher06
$30,000 Millionaire said:

Markets always overshoot. There will likely be retracement soon. CPI wasn't that crazy
$30k Millionaire speaks in bull tones, I listen.
Ragoo
AG
+$1100 day only buying TSLA calls
irish pete ag06
AG
4020 SPX is model the halfway point between yesterday high and today low.
topher06
What is the next big news event we can overreact to?
FJ43
BlueTaze said:

Yall holding SPY puts and vix calls overnight?

Trimmed VIX and set trails.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

FJ43
irish pete ag06 said:

IBKR is going to take some real getting used to...

Just executed my first option trade on there.

Congrats. Once you get used to it you'll love the execution.

There is an IBKR thread we started a long while back with some tips. Hadn't been used in a while but had some useful info on it to get you going.

https://texags.com/forums/57/topics/3177021

Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

Charismatic Megafauna
AG
topher06 said:

Complete withdrawal of russia from ukraine>spy 500
topher06
Charismatic Megafauna said:

topher06 said:

I'm not even sure what is going on over there anymore.
BaylorSpineGuy
PPI is this week and it's quad witching week. Some other economic stuff drops later in the week too.

I suspect there is follow through tomorrow. Today was a bearish engulfing candle. Perhaps an inside day but suspect there will be more selling.

Ron Walker on YouTube has been alluding to an impulsive 4th wave down move. Mazag used to be the EW expert here but haven't seen him in months.
topher06
BaylorSpineGuy said:

PPI is this week and it's quad witching week. Some other economic stuff drops later in the week too.

I suspect there is follow through tomorrow. Today was a bearish engulfing candle. Perhaps an inside day but suspect there will be more selling.

Ron Walker on YouTube has been alluding to an impulsive 4th wave down move. Mazag used to be the EW expert here but haven't seen him in months.
See PPI is set to release premarket tomorrow. Does it impact markets as much as the inflation data we got today? Obviously, the market must have at least some expectation the PPI data will be bad news.
irish pete ag06
AG
Awesome! Thank you. I was going to ask for some good resources!
irish pete ag06
AG

topher06 said:

Which one happens first...

China - Taiwan invasion or

Russia out of Ukraine?
BlueTaze
Brewmaster
AG
Ragoo said:

how many scalps did you try, weeklies or next week? and what were you using to indicate a buy? levels? Bollinger bands? just curious of the run down.

and let's ride Real Ale end of October! (in Blanco)
BaylorSpineGuy
I think CPE is one the Fed particularly follows closely but I halfway think it doesn't matter. It's gonna be bad.

Like Mancini alluded to today, this is a particularly weak season in the market and subject to aggressive downward moves. That's why I didn't close any further puts once I went net free today.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
i knew we were extended, but what a move.

I will seek to exit UPRO around $40 or so.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
why did I enter?

Bottomed out RSI, huge move, likely some necessary retrace.

I'd probably cut if we stayed below today's low on an hourly close.

$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I think this should at least go to the .382 if not the .5, assuming that tomorrow isn't another puke day.

It could be, I just don't think there is a continuing catalyst. If so, they're just trying to kill weak longs.

If you are a conservative trader, you could consider selling the 390P on SPY or the 390/385P spread.
Ragoo
AG
BREwmaster said:

Ragoo said:

how many scalps did you try, weeklies or next week? and what were you using to indicate a buy? levels? Bollinger bands? just curious of the run down.

and let's ride Real Ale end of October! (in Blanco)
weekly calls, intraday set ups. Buy when the 5min gets extended outside the lower bollinger, sell when it reverses. Only looking for 20-30 Pennies.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I also want to point out to you guys that there is an island top in place on the indexes.

Normally these fill eventually, but it's considered bearish the longer this holds. It may honestly be a while given the severity of today's move.

I am just guessing, but I think there will need to be a positive catalyst like ending of Ukraine conflict to fill it or the fed doing something. Also keep in mind the fed will not let the market go down too much.
BaylorSpineGuy
I would consider this trade as invalidated with a daily close above 140.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
irish pete ag06 said:

topher06 said:

Which one happens first...

China - Taiwan invasion or

Russia out of Ukraine?

I thought china invading taiwan was dependent on russia's swift takeover of ukraine? If so they don't dare try it with much maligned russia in their corner
irish pete ag06
AG
Hey! I just trade you
And this is crazy
Here's FJ's trendline
Closed on the daily

$30,000 Millionaire
AG
China is very patient. You have to put aside your American way of thinking to understand them.

The current Chinese regime, which we find disgusting and repugnant (it is), pulled the masses out of abject poverty in the last 30 years. You also have to recognize the wealth creation from the one child policy, where over two generations, one child is inheriting a ton from multiple parents / grandparents. They don't want to upset their way of life and they are willing to be more patient than we are. The citizens are less likely to rise up because of this. They hate the rules, but the rules improved everyone's quality of life, so they take it. China has a long history of famine and struggle.

Look at Hong Kong as an example. They waited forever to take possession from the Brits, and then they waited to assert their way. They are far more likely to agree on a gradual reunification with Taiwan than they are to perform outright combat. It could happen, but they will seek peaceful, patient measures first.

They are smart to build up their regional military presence. they're not different than us in this regard. The threat to our way of life is not China cyber attacking us and sending ships with troops, it's them waiting us out and out executing us over multiple decades. We should be concerned because our political system is entirely broken. Our politicians look for cheap points over their opponents vs. actually governing. This is both parties. The party of your choice is not different.
topher06
$30,000 Millionaire said:

I also want to point out to you guys that there is an island top in place on the indexes.

Normally these fill eventually, but it's considered bearish the longer this holds. It may honestly be a while given the severity of today's move.

I am just guessing, but I think there will need to be a positive catalyst like ending of Ukraine conflict to fill it or the fed doing something. Also keep in mind the fed will not let the market go down too much.
After today, they probably just have to signal only a 75 BP raise and the market recovers some.
irish pete ag06
AG
Yeah... the Mike Baker podcast with Joe Rogan was really informative about China's dedication to playing the long game. That's a good point.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Had my worst day in my portfolio's history.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Had my worst day in my portfolio's history.

Sorry to hear but literally nobody did well today.
sts7049
AG
I banked good today
First Page Last Page
Page 5687 of 6617

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.