Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

23,993,436 Views | 231574 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by EliteZags
FJ43
How long do you want to ignore this user?

Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

FJ43
Agree. I think we have more down yet. Maybe we hold SPY low 390s. If not…..we'll….
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.

topher06
Aren't we about the same level below the moving average lines now as we were above those yesterday? I get the terrible inflation report sort of trumps that, but why do trend lines matter here and moving averages don't but it was reversed yesterday?
BenRev09
AG
bought a couple lotto GOOGL 97p in case things get silly
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
Bookmark this.

In 2 to 3 weeks Saudi will cut crude production. OPEC+ is 3.4mbd under quota for August. Record for being under quota. Basically, since the beginning of the year Commercials have approximately a 9 million barrel build....while 150 million barrels have been released from the SPR (March to present). There is no "build". Maybe that helps paint the picture a bit better. Without the SPR releases(March to present), WTI should have been and presently be $150+, gasoline at the pump should have been and presently be north of $10/gal......for several months.. November should deliver the racheting price increases. Energy is not going to help those CPI numbers, that's why I noted earlier energy could blow up the CPI progress in the YoY calculation.

But ask yourself, are we really at 8% inflation? Maybe consider this, this Administration (DOE/EIA) published numbers that stated our fuel demand/consumption in June and/or July was less than our COVID Lock-Down when nobody drove to work. Sure it was..
wanderer
SPY looks to be forming a rounded bottom intraday
jj9000
AG
I honestly don't know what all the fuss is about.

This is transitory.

We're on track to end 2022 at 2-3%.
topher06
SPY 399 rejected again.
irish pete ag06
AG
Eye balling OXY for an entry in the loading zone below 64ish.

It probably won't get there.
Brewmaster
AG
wanderer said:

SPY looks to be forming a rounded bottom intraday
I do like a rounded bottom!

topher06
Back to flirting with the chop bottom.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
So which e&p swings the hardest with oil prices? Back before they went bk OAS was a pretty good swing. Maybe cpe? Lpi? Someone highly leveraged and at risk of getting their loan to asset ratio out of whack with falling oil prices? Tricky because higher interest rates hurt the same players
Bonfire1996
AG
Quote:

Maybe consider this, this Administration (DOE/EIA) published numbers that stated our fuel demand/consumption in June and/or July was less than our COVID Lock-Down when nobody drove to work. Sure it was..
Did this really happen? Post an analysis please.
topher06
Bulls seem out of ammo.
FJ43
topher06 said:

Aren't we about the same level below the moving average lines now as we were above those yesterday? I get the terrible inflation report sort of trumps that, but why do trend lines matter here and moving averages don't but it was reversed yesterday?

Extended above the 5 EMA specifically usually is overbought especially when multiple days in a row with no consolidation on SPY. It ran right into resistance on the last leg up and was rejected. The volume profile at the level was a wall with no power volume to push through.

On the downside once it loses price support your looking to the next lower level down. We are not oversold yet on RSI so my 2 cents is there is still room downside.

BaylorSpineGuy
Just went net free on my 10/14 400P. Gonna hold these last couple contracts until things clearly seem to find steady support. Certainly didn't break the bank by choosing such a long timeframe but I don't feel pressured to close the contracts urgently now.

I said last week I would likely have to trade longer range options, and this has worked well now.
topher06
FJ43 said:

topher06 said:

Extended above the 5 EMA specifically usually is overbought especially when multiple days in a row with no consolidation on SPY. It ran right into resistance on the last leg up and was rejected. The volume profile at the level was a wall with no power volume to push through.

On the downside once it loses price support your looking to the next lower level down. We are not oversold yet on RSI so my 2 cents is there is still room downside.
Thanks. Trying to learn technical, so this stuff helps a lot.
sts7049
AG

wanderer
So much for that pretty rounded bottom....

BaylorSpineGuy
Anyone wanna buy puts on FSLR? Solar panels have been all the rage and they have taken this stock from 70 to 140 in just a couple months, but looks to have put in a reversal. Model T should take this to 105 range.

What's a good R/R here? 120P in Nov or 125P for 10/21? I'm never great at selecting which strike and expiration but this clearly a reversal in my mind.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Buying UPRO here.
You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
Bonfire1996 said:

Quote:

Maybe consider this, this Administration (DOE/EIA) published numbers that stated our fuel demand/consumption in June and/or July was less than our COVID Lock-Down when nobody drove to work. Sure it was..
Did this really happen? Post an analysis please.
Go to https://www.eia.gov/
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Getting to be excessive intraday downside
You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
FJ43
Don't know about y'all but this is awesome

Getting closer

BaylorSpineGuy
I paid for our chartered fishing trip tomorrow and my wife's shopping yesterday with today's gains lol. Yes, am pleased.
FJ43
Will watch 394.12 to see if any volume pick up on 1min

irish pete ag06
AG
We are here.
BlueTaze
Yall holding SPY puts and vix calls overnight?
sts7049
AG
i bought round two of MES-F 3800P for oct, earlier today when we weren't moving off 4010. those are again up 50% already now.

i sold the first batch off from yesterday, and am keeping a few runners left from round two.

two big wins today!
Carlo4
AG
bmoochie
AG
BaylorSpineGuy said:

Just went net free on my 10/14 400P. Gonna hold these last couple contracts until things clearly seem to find steady support. Certainly didn't break the bank by choosing such a long timeframe but I don't feel pressured to close the contracts urgently now.

I said last week I would likely have to trade longer range options, and this has worked well now.
I bought a few at a different strike when you proposed this idea the other day so thank you. Unfortunately I accidentally forgot to put my sale order in quantity correctly to go netfree this morning but still a very profitable trade. Would have probably sold by now anyway. Curious to see where we go now. Probably bounce from FJ trend line if i were to guess.
BlueTaze
I took FSLR Oct 21 120 puts
jj9000
AG
BaylorSpineGuy said:

I paid for our chartered fishing trip tomorrow and my wife's shopping yesterday
In ultra-wealthy surgeon social circles they commonly refer to this as...

"Tuesday".
Jet Black
This is a ugly af
BaylorSpineGuy
I took Nov 120P. Somehow missed this massive run and never heard a whisper but planning to make it up on downside.
First Page Last Page
Page 5686 of 6617

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.