Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,023,828 Views | 231616 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by ProgN
Charismatic Megafauna
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Oooh you should do c level for pe!

Edit: or live wherever you want and be chief executive individual contributor of 30ktrades llc with no investors, no board, no direct reports...
E
AG
NIO taking it on the chin PM
Brewmaster
AG
I meant SF, I'd literally rather be in the Longview area (I'm probably in the minority here). I'm in Aggieland fwiw though.
BaylorSpineGuy
Lol sounds like my employed neurosurgery position haha!

In all seriousness, I've thought about an MBA for a while. Think it would help me understand business better and give me some insight into something I haven't had much exposure to otherwise.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
TSLA tagged the 200-day. If macros fall here, there is a ton of potential to the downside for TSLA. I don't think that's the most likely to happen, so of course I'll wait for confirmation, but I wanted to get that out loud in case we do.

If we don't reverse, there is a decent amount of room for SPX and QQQ to have a nice green day. That's a lot of stocks to potentially move up.

I scalped some TSLA calls this morning for a quick 6% of trading account gain.
Saltyag15
AG
ASO with another strong earnings report
Brewmaster
AG
tons of TSLA flow into the close yesterday and more this morning
Carioca Corredor
AG
BaylorSpineGuy said:

Lol sounds like my employed neurosurgery position haha!

In all seriousness, I've thought about an MBA for a while. Think it would help me understand business better and give me some insight into something I haven't had much exposure to otherwise.
Save the time, money, and stress and forget the MBA unless there is a corporate ladder you want to climb
Brewmaster
AG
peaking out of this little downtrend... could be game on bulls soon

topher06
GOLD showing some life. Think the LEAPs are still in the range at which OA1 made the call (and the Jan 2022 expirations are below that point). Need to see this stock recover $16.
Golf1
AG
Will the Fed Vice Chair speech cause the prices to change much today?
Bonfire1996
AG
Dollar is up 15% this year. It's rally has suppressed inflation reports. Something to keep in mind.
topher06
Bonfire1996 said:

Dollar is up 15% this year. It's rally has suppressed inflation reports. Something to keep in mind.
Really have been amazed that we can just print unlimited money and still somehow the dollar is GAINING value. Killing commodity prices, although depressed oil and gas (compared to what it would be if inflation mattered) is good for the larger economy.
EngrAg14
AG
BREwmaster said:

Don't forget Gaps at 379 and 369 on SPY.
I think we see both before any sort of real push back upward.

Bonfire1996
AG
topher06 said:

Bonfire1996 said:

Really have been amazed that we can just print unlimited money and still somehow the dollar is GAINING value. Killing commodity prices, although depressed oil and gas (compared to what it would be if inflation mattered) is good for the larger economy.
It is fascinating, isn't it. What it tells you is how terribly bad it's about to get in Europe.

There is literally nothing to like about the greenback right now: $3 trillion annual deficits. Debt well in excess of GDP. Skyrocketing debt service as a percentage of GDP. Unfunded liabilities that will absolutely crush us.

But still in much better shape than the Euro, the Pound, and the Yen.

Yikes.
topher06
Bonfire1996 said:

topher06 said:

Bonfire1996 said:

It is fascinating, isn't it. What it tells you is how terribly bad it's about to get in Europe.

There is literally nothing to like about the greenback right now: $3 trillion annual deficits. Debt well in excess of GDP. Skyrocketing debt service as a percentage of GDP. Unfunded liabilities that will absolutely crush us.

Yikes.
Yeah, can't lie I've been loading a little more actual gold and silver cause it does seem that the world's currencies in general are going to **** as a result of gross fiscal irresponsibility.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
The comp stats I posted are Bay Area. Don't delude yourselves into thinking it's as easy as getting an MBA. You have to be literally the best at what you do. It is also not what you know but who! I cannot get into Facebook at a level I find acceptable for example.
You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
You want real money?

1) be a business owner
2) work in tech
3) learn to invest and trade
You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
Brewmaster
AG
EngrAg14 said:

BREwmaster said:

out of calls (SPY and TSLA), nice little gain

Fed speaks at 2:00 I think? and we are running up into it?

oh, and I see NVDA puts being loaded here (Big buys)
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Bonfire1996 said:

Yikes.

This. It's all relative
BaylorSpineGuy
#1 interests me heavily. Not at the moment but perhaps one day….
TxAgLaw03RW
AG
Is something brewing with our favorite graphite mining stock? A few large buys today, but not much overall volume outside of the three large buys.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Any important levels for QQQ besides the recent high of 303.60?
jimmo
BREwmaster said:

EngrAg14 said:

BREwmaster said:

out of calls (SPY and TSLA), nice little gain

Fed speaks at 2:00 I think? and we are running up into it?

oh, and I see NVDA puts being loaded here (Big buys)
took a look at NVDA and grabbed a couple of 9/23 134p
made a little bit
thanks Brew
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
topher06 said:

Bonfire1996 said:

topher06 said:

Bonfire1996 said:

Yikes.
Yeah, can't lie I've been loading a little more actual gold and silver cause it does seem that the world's currencies in general are going to **** as a result of gross fiscal irresponsibility.
Europe is dead meat.

Expect the ECB to hike .75 on Thurs. Hiking on economic weakness. They'll ensure a deeper/prolonged recession.

The idea of a natgas price freeze by the newly elected Truss is crazy talk, so that means it will happen. Citizens will pay for that move over the next 10 years. Some high powered analyst published a report a couple days ago on european natgas and electricity rates based on their model. I don't remember the numbers other than by 2025 citizens will work to pay for energy,....food be damned.

Should the WTI & Brent Futures move downward be puzzling to you with so much bullish news on energy just think about it this way. Ever take a can of Coke and shake the heck out of it? Saudi with the hand on the crude valve is no different than having a finger on that can's pull tab. Get ready..

Additionally, the energy demand from europe is not going away just because the supply they have been sucking out of a pipe is ending. The demand is still there. The market hasn't digested that notion yet.

Dan Scott
AG
BMW and Mercedes prices coming down with strong dollar? New 5 series body comes out next summer.
Dan Scott
AG
IS there any indication of what the market is wanting to hear from Apple?
Bonfire1996
AG
Whoever bought GOOGL at 106 may have timed the bottom perfectly with them announcing an intended major cost cutting initiative.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Bonfire1996 said:

Whoever bought GOOGL at 106 may have timed the bottom perfectly with them announcing an intended major cost cutting initiative.

That was my limit. Was just thinking that.
BlueTaze
BlueTaze said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Yep, I ****ed that one.

I did load some SPY Sept 14 $392 calls for $5ea on your positive vibes....let's see if we can get good bounce before I get stopped.

Sold out of calls at 3940 and 3965. Anyone thinking about SPY puts around 3980?
Brewmaster
AG
BlueTaze said:

BlueTaze said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Yep, I ****ed that one.

I did load some SPY Sept 14 $392 calls for $5ea on your positive vibes....let's see if we can get good bounce before I get stopped.

nope! this sucker may want 4k+ soon. Mancini mentioned this could be a multi day bear market rally.

Well done on the calls!
irish pete ag06
AG
irish pete ag06 said:

irish pete ag06 said:

irish pete ag06 said:

BlitzBrother said:

Sold 40% stocks late Thursday , hedged 100% of remainder - Basically looking out until midterms , think 3,950 in the cards as a minimum on S&P500 .
This is basically exactly what I did. I started a tad too early. I started 6-7 trading days ago. I also began entering SQQQ layering in over the previous 2 weeks. Maybe the biggest position I've ever had. Playing for the model T and for it to fall back into previous consolidation zones that roughly equate too 300-310 QQQ.

So on the SQQQ chart, I am targetting 47-50. Today allowed me to move my stop to break even after averaging in.

Before folks lose their crap about longing SQQQ and TQQQ, I am not keeping this forever. It's a swing trade. Not hodl'ing this.

I also bought $30 VIX calls for 21 Sep. I got into these too early as well. Downward moves (upward moves on VIX) happen so dang fast, I didn't want to miss it. These basically got back to breakeven today since I was too early. I still see more volatility upside, so I am holding, but plan to trim soon. Potentially tomorrow.
Target 1 on SQQQ has been achieved. I've had a limit sell of 48 set for a long time, but I took it off today because I am at my new job, where I watch the markets all day as a part of my job. I plan to set a trailing stop order sometime today.

I've learned a tough lesson on the VIX calls. I am just now back to break even. I went too far OTM on these. I would have been much better served buying less contracts for a much strike price. I still have plenty of time, so I'm planning to hold these because I still believe we'll crack 30 before a short term rally ensues.
Sold half my position at 49.05 this morning for a 27% return. This is the largest position I've ever taken by a large margin. It's in my Roth IRA.

Plan for the rest of the 50%

Targeting to limit sell 25% at 55
Targeting to limit sell the last 25% at 60-61

Stop set at $41.50 which would be a 10% win

If everything goes as planned (which I doubt)... The megaphone play on the macros seems too obvious to play out cleanly. I would flip to averaging in to TQQQ for the ride back up.
Sold the other half of the SQQQ today for 45.15 which is a 17% gain.

The System flipped to buy on the 30 minute chart, and the trend line that FJ43 has mentioned has showed up in spades today. I'm macro bullish at the moment for a dead cat, bear rally, whatever you wanna call it.

irish pete ag06
AG
I'm gonna be looking to long when SPX touches the 50 MA on the 5 minute.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
298 looking like an important limit on QQQ on the 1 month chart.
Triple_Bagger
BlueTaze said:

BlueTaze said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Yep, I ****ed that one.

I bought 9/16 SPY P390s on that run up to 3980. Will cut if SPX breaks 4000 and holds it. J Powell speaks tomorrow morning premarket
First Page Last Page
Page 5676 of 6618

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.