Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,027,576 Views | 231616 Replies | Last: 7 hrs ago by ProgN
Triple_Bagger
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX said:

OPEC+ announced it's cutting production. For all you XOM, CVX and other FF stocks holders congratulations! Time to go party now!

Boom!
They reduced production by 100k bpd. OPEC+ produces around 30M bpd, right? Doesn't seem like a 0.3% reduction will have much of an impact on XOM and CVX stock prices. What am I missing?
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
Triple_Bagger said:

OPEC+ announced it's cutting production. For all you XOM, CVX and other FF stocks holders congratulations! Time to go party now!

Boom!
They reduced production by 100k bpd. OPEC+ produces around 30M bpd, right? Doesn't seem like a 0.3% reduction will have much of an impact on XOM and CVX stock prices. What am I missing?
OPEC+ hasn't hit a monthly quota since Jesus was a little boy. The new number just brings down the current number even lower. Saudi is slowly flexing muscle. If Brandon and Europe want to keep throwing their weight around with Green Energy, the JCPOA, Iran Oil Trade, etc., Saudi will just keep cutting production. Saudi knows Brandon has no friends in U.S. Big Oil to bail his bottom out. WTI is up $3.50 this morning because like I have been hammering....the S&D is the bible and simple math shows the world is short crude - for months. Who ever has been pimping the WTI & Brent Futures contracts will need to even up because they're about to get run.....even with lack of few players, because the world knows WTI has been manipulated and rigged for Radical Liberal Democrat votes to keep gasoline cheap at the pump while trying to assist Europe. The EU leaders are ignorant. They think that the storage tanks at 85% is going to stave off their crisis. The storage tanks were installed by Gazprom and confiscated by EU sanctions. The storage tanks were installed to smooth out pressure and help during disruptions. They will be buying Russian LNG through China at a nice premium. And the story goes a lot deeper than this.. Russia has EU over a barrel and they aren't going to stop with putting them through pain. EU will drift from U.S. as a partner. This has gotten so out of hand. It's crazy as hell, but I'll say it again, it's likely going to be Saudi, Israel and Russia that save the U.S. from Brandon. The U.S. will lose a lot of friends in the process.
Lake08
Farmer,
So you thinking a nice pop this week for (in my case), XOM?
Yes,....and we should meet up some time at Jasper's or DeMaria's the next time I'm back in TX.
Lake08
Lunch on me. Drinks at Oakleys, too. Nice scenery
$30,000 Millionaire
AG

Boom!

Crude only up 2%….. I'm surprised.
You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I am no expert on euro and Russian politics, but I have had business dealings with all. know the Russians need money and I think Putin's days are short at this point. The Germans are as stupid and arrogant as the day is long. They would look down their nose at us when they literally had to be stopped from committing genocide. We saved them and I am sure we will save them again. West Berlin would have fallen to the Russians in the 50s if not for us.

I think Russia has a careful calculus that they have to make here. They're choosing to posture before the true winter period vs shutting the pipeline off in the dead of winter and really making people suffer. I think they will lose a lot of their remaining apologists as well and they will become even more of a world villain. Side note, it's inexplicable to me how many "conservatives" in our country are pro Russia and have no problem with Russia invading Ukraine. Russia has also proven that their military sucks. They're still a nuclear power and must be respected but they can't win a ground war against another country.
Brent & WTI aren't reflective of crude market and haven't been for some time now. Saudi has been throwing out the warnings about the disconnect between cash and Futures. Brent and WTI can go to zero. It's the cash market that's going to drive the bus....and the economies of the world. Saudi just going to turn the valve more closer to off. U.S. Treasury, The Fed and Larry Fink and his minions can manipulate all they want, but none of those three produce a drop of crude. Brandon is just tarnishing if not destroying the Petro-Dollar, all because of the Green Energy hoax. Smart money knows where the return is and that's O&G stocks. Crude Futures are just losing credibility, as it has been for months, along with EIA Weekly Reports. Baker just reported a drop in rig counts and that's not bearish. WTI Crude has a potential of $200 when the spike occurs, but that is not sustainable. JPMorgan says $380, but JPMorgan is screaming for more world crude so the transition to Green Energy is smoother (so is Elon Musk), they miscalculated. Patience. Slow and steady wins the race. The pendulum hasn't finished its bullish arc on O&G. It will swing back,....but that's a ways away.
$30,000 Millionaire said:

I am no expert on euro and Russian politics, but I have had business dealings with all. know the Russians need money and I think Putin's days are short at this point. The Germans are as stupid and arrogant as the day is long. They would look down their nose at us when they literally had to be stopped from committing genocide. We saved them and I am sure we will save them again. West Berlin would have fallen to the Russians in the 50s if not for us.

I think Russia has a careful calculus that they have to make here. They're choosing to posture before the true winter period vs shutting the pipeline off in the dead of winter and really making people suffer. I think they will lose a lot of their remaining apologists as well and they will become even more of a world villain. Side note, it's inexplicable to me how many "conservatives" in our country are pro Russia and have no problem with Russia invading Ukraine. Russia has also proven that their military sucks. They're still a nuclear power and must be respected but they can't win a ground war against another country.
First paragraph = Yep.

Second paragraph, I don't think Putin gets toppled. I don't care for Putin or Zelensky. I understand why Putin wants Ukraine, makes a shorter border to protect against NATO. NATO threats to Russia were not purposeful, basically stupid to create fear in a power monger like Putin. To waste human life for this is a travesty. Putin is scared of NATO, but I don't see how sending your troops into a sausage grinder like Ukraine is worth the reward. Russian army....yeah, they are not very good and the nuke capability is all that keeps them at the forefront. I think Russia has exposed their many weaknesses to the world and I wonder if China thinks they could take them. As for Ukraine, really great people, but their Gov't sucks and is very corrupt...like Russia..
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Agreed.

I think I posted the only thing I was short term long in was energy. I'm with you on the thesis.
Ragoo
AG
Birthday at the ranch

FJ43
Happy Birthday! What a way to spend it.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Happy B day!
ProgN
Happy Birthday brother!

Nice fish and beautiful day for it.
ProgN
Howdy family!

I have to share a proud daddy moment today. I'm going to copy/paste from a discord chat so please forgive how it looks. Little background, Michael is 7 and his mother and I are divorced and co-parenting.

Quote:

Got a lil' story for ya Ags....

Michael and I were in HEB earlier today and he said, "you went to A&M right daddy". I said yes and then he said, "what if I go to hook'em horns? (His mother taught him that just to irritate me). I told him he better start saving his money and get a job because that ****hole will never receive a check with my signature on it. He said, "what if I a go to A&M?", I said I'd pay for that. He then said this, "well, I want to go to A&M because you know more stuff when I ask you than mommy, so the smart kids go to A&M and the dumb kids must go to hook'em horns". I said that is correct (Proud Daddy moment).
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Savage. Well done.
irish pete ag06
AG
ProgN said:

Howdy family!

I have to share a proud daddy moment today. I'm going to copy/paste from a discord chat so please forgive how it looks. Little background, Michael is 7 and his mother and I are divorced and co-parenting.

Quote:

Got a lil' story for ya Ags....

Michael and I were in HEB earlier today and he said, "you went to A&M right daddy". I said yes and then he said, "what if I go to hook'em horns? (His mother taught him that just to irritate me). I told him he better start saving his money and get a job because that ****hole will never receive a check with my signature on it. He said, "what if I a go to A&M?", I said I'd pay for that. He then said this, "well, I want to go to A&M because you know more stuff when I ask you than mommy, so the smart kids go to A&M and the dumb kids must go to hook'em horns". I said that is correct (Proud Daddy moment).

Love this.
spud1910
AG
Happy Birthday!
ProgN
spud1910 said:

Happy Birthday!
Good to see you on because I've wanted to ask you, and our other lurking vets and ranchers a question.

Have y'all heard of a company called Zoetis (ZTS)? A friend of mine brought it to my attention several months ago and I've been watching it. I like how the chart is setting up but I value the opinions of people that might use it daily in their profession. It's doesn't swing violently but the opportunity for impressive returns is there. In your opinions, is this a good idea? Do you use/prescribe their products or are they an afterthought? TIA
gougler08
AG
Ragoo said:

Birthday at the ranch

You need to buy a new shirt or two for your bday
spud1910
AG
ProgN said:

spud1910 said:

Happy Birthday!
Good to see you on because I've wanted to ask you, and our other lurking vets and ranchers a question.

Have y'all heard of a company called Zoetis (ZTS)? A friend of mine brought it to my attention several months ago and I've been watching it. I like how the chart is setting up but I value the opinions of people that might use it daily in their profession. It's doesn't swing violently but the opportunity for impressive returns is there. In your opinions, is this a good idea? Do you use/prescribe their products or are they an afterthought? TIA
I am not a typical veterinarian. I do mobile surgery (mostly orthopedics) only, so I do not purchase nor prescribe pharmaceuticals in the normal way that most do. But yes, Zoetis products are in every clinic that I go to. They have some of the blockbusters in the veterinary field. When I got out of school, they were Norden Labs, then Pfizer and the animal health arm went to Zoetis at some point. But by then, I was no longer doing general practice, so I don't remember when that was. If you own a pet and take it to a veterinarian, I will bet that you have Zoetis products in your house now.

We have another veterinarian that at least watches this thread, so hopefully he chimes in soon.
ProgN
Thank you sir!
Ragoo
AG
That shirt is extremely comfortable. I don't know the blend but it is so soft.

Also, who doesn't like a shirt with sausage on it?
SoTXAg09
AG
ProgN said:

spud1910 said:

Happy Birthday!

You could say the majority of the dogs we see on a daily basis are treated with or prescribed a product from Zoetis; it has the largest market share in the animal health industry, and I would expect it to continue to grow. Currently have the only (2) veterinary monoclonal antibody products, with more likely to follow. One of the best innovators in the small animal field, imo.
ProgN
SoTXAg09 said:

ProgN said:

spud1910 said:

Happy Birthday!

You could say the majority of the dogs we see on a daily basis are treated with or prescribed a product from Zoetis; it has the largest market share in the animal health industry, and I would expect it to continue to grow. Currently have the only (2) veterinary monoclonal antibody products, with more likely to follow. One of the best innovators in the small animal field, imo.
Thank you, y'alls input gives me even more confidence to enter ZTS.
FishrCoAg
AG
spud1910 said:

ProgN said:

spud1910 said:

Happy Birthday!

I am not a typical veterinarian. I do mobile surgery (mostly orthopedics) only, so I do not purchase nor prescribe pharmaceuticals in the normal way that most do. But yes, Zoetis products are in every clinic that I go to. They have some of the blockbusters in the veterinary field. When I got out of school, they were Norden Labs, then Pfizer and the animal health arm went to Zoetis at some point. But by then, I was no longer doing general practice, so I don't remember when that was. If you own a pet and take it to a veterinarian, I will bet that you have Zoetis products in your house now.

We have another veterinarian that at least watches this thread, so hopefully he chimes in soon.

I'm here. Zoetis is a behemoth that I have a hate/love opinion of. They have some of the best most innovative products out there, cutting edge stuff in allergy, antibiotics, and other stuff for both small and large animals. I literally can't not use them. That said, I hate the way they dictate pricing and they have too many different tiers of pricing to suit me. BUT, they seem to make money and are often buyers of smaller companies Hope this is helpful
ProgN
It does, thanks.
SoTXAg09
AG
Anybody care to explain what Mancini is describing here;
Quote:

Friday was fairly simple for me as I stopped trading around 1pm. As most know, I was long from Thursday. I said that I would add if price was still basing above 3945 Friday morning. If you look at Thursdays overnight action from midnight to 830AM EST, ES built a *perfect* bull flag (I would recommend checking this so you can see in real life what these patterns look like). This is why I said I would add in the morning if we were basing above 3945, and when I see a well developed, 12hr+ bull flag like this, I have no issues buying right inside it. From there, follow through was perfect: We rallied at 830 AM to around 4k, pulled back to perfectly back-test the bull flag at 3975, then ran to ~4025 target.

I've looked at Thursday's overnight on 5 min, 10 min and 1 hour and don't see this 12 hour bull flag in ES.
mpl35
AG
SoTXAg09 said:

ProgN said:

spud1910 said:

Happy Birthday!

They have lots of sponsored research in the university market. I know a handful of people that are researchers there. They have leased a floor in the infectious disease research center at colorado state universityso that is where I knew a bunch of people from.

They are huge though and pouring in the money for further R&D.
ProgN
mpl35 said:

SoTXAg09 said:

ProgN said:

spud1910 said:

Happy Birthday!

They have lots of sponsored research in the university market. I know a handful of people that are researchers there. They have leased a floor in the infectious disease research center at colorado state universityso that is where I knew a bunch of people from.

They are huge though and pouring in the money for further R&D.
OK, with what everyone has stated here's what I see. It looks like it has a double bottom and the MACD is higher now then back in May. It's a pricey stock so if you choose options, go way out on time because this isn't a flyer, so the longer term calls premium should be acceptable. It's also way oversold. I believe the opportunity for great ROI is there, but do your own diligence.
wanderer
They used to be an arm of Pfizer until about a decade ago. Not sure how much Pfizer still owns or not.
lobwedgephil
SoTXAg09 said:

Anybody care to explain what Mancini is describing here;
Quote:

Friday was fairly simple for me as I stopped trading around 1pm. As most know, I was long from Thursday. I said that I would add if price was still basing above 3945 Friday morning. If you look at Thursdays overnight action from midnight to 830AM EST, ES built a *perfect* bull flag (I would recommend checking this so you can see in real life what these patterns look like). This is why I said I would add in the morning if we were basing above 3945, and when I see a well developed, 12hr+ bull flag like this, I have no issues buying right inside it. From there, follow through was perfect: We rallied at 830 AM to around 4k, pulled back to perfectly back-test the bull flag at 3975, then ran to ~4025 target.

I've looked at Thursday's overnight on 5 min, 10 min and 1 hour and don't see this 12 hour bull flag in ES.
Classic bull flag, price broke out, came back and retested support, and went back up.

$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Lots of people want to be short. Let's see if futures hold up.
FJ43

Mornun!

It's a new trading week gents!

Watch 3970/8 to upside, 3920/0 to downside and VIX movement.

Drive trades only for me today.

Trade wisely!
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

59 South
AG
Question for you all on setting stop orders - do you usually use stop loss (market order triggered) or stop limit?

I usually do stop loss for market orders as long as it is something very liquid. Otherwise, I'll set a stop limit and/or just a notification as long as I know I'll be home and near my device to manage it quickly. There is risk in both options - took me a while to understand the mechanics.

First Page Last Page
Page 5673 of 6618

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.