Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,028,604 Views | 231616 Replies | Last: 8 hrs ago by ProgN
spud1910
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Spoony Love said:

Have a good weekend gents. Off to Friday Night Lights and fence building over the long weekend.
Yeah, I hope everyone has a great weekend. I am off to Oklahoma early tomorrow to scout a deer lease with an Aggie classmate.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
few things:

• Happy Birthday to Mrs. FJ! I know you're loaded FJ, so you'd better give a nice gift
  • Market did puke, then rallied on short covering. What you should notice is that 3900 has defended really well, even with headline garbage
  • It's the day before labor day, so not really much to read into and also why I only sold calls today
  • My guess is we're probably going to range a bit between 3900 and 4100 before we go into a retest of the cycle lows. October is timing for new lows. Let's see.
  • On the political front, it's really funny to me because the republicans and the dems both think the same thing about each other (dictators, fascists) and they're dead convinced that they are purely right and the other guys are purely wrong. I think this is dangerous logic to have because, well, nobody is fully right about everything and we all have to live together. I'm concerned about the sentiment that if I win, the election was fair, but if you win, the election was rigged. Whether he did something or not (I don't know and I hope not), it's not a good look for Trump to have classified documents like intelligence assets at Mar-a-Lago. This will sort itself out sooner or later. I'm fairly worried about the prospect of maybe not a civil war, but a civil cold war in our country. Most people are good people regardless of how they vote
  • I'll be out of town next week, won't be able to trade. Good luck to you all.
You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
techno-ag
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

few things:

• Happy Birthday to Mrs. FJ! I know you're loaded FJ, so you'd better give a nice gift
  • Market did puke, then rallied on short covering. What you should notice is that 3900 has defended really well, even with headline garbage
  • It's the day before labor day, so not really much to read into and also why I only sold calls today
  • My guess is we're probably going to range a bit between 3900 and 4100 before we go into a retest of the cycle lows. October is timing for new lows. Let's see.
  • On the political front, it's really funny to me because the republicans and the dems both think the same thing about each other (dictators, fascists) and they're dead convinced that they are purely right and the other guys are purely wrong. I think this is dangerous logic to have because, well, nobody is fully right about everything and we all have to live together. I'm concerned about the sentiment that if I win, the election was fair, but if you win, the election was rigged. Whether he did something or not (I don't know and I hope not), it's not a good look for Trump to have classified documents like intelligence assets at Mar-a-Lago. This will sort itself out sooner or later. I'm fairly worried about the prospect of maybe not a civil war, but a civil cold war in our country. Most people are good people regardless of how they vote

Eh. Every President takes classified documents out of the White House when they leave.

People forget that the President has the highest clearance. In fact, POTUS decides what can be classified or declassified because there is no higher authority.

This all for political show. But hopefully it won't negatively impact the stock market.
Brewmaster
AG
techno-ag said:

few things:

Eh. Every President takes classified documents out of the White House when they leave.

People forget that the President has the highest clearance. In fact, POTUS decides what can be classified or declassified because there is no higher authority.

This all for political show. But hopefully it won't negatively impact the stock market.
Yep, exactly. and media wants everyone to believe the crap they try to feed you on a daily basis. Turn the news off.
BlueTaze
Whatever political turmoil arrives, I'll be coming here for ideas on how to trade it.
$FJB
FJ43

Kind of feel like this about a lot of things these days.

Original woven flag/banner of SC secession.

Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

Brewmaster
AG
that is greatness! thanks for sharing.

now when's the next FJ SPY trading chat? I need to get better at putting into action what I see, could've bought puts Friday as the trend broke down. Just sat on hands instead.
FJ43

Well.....the game day threads are back. Had a chance to watch the first half from TBonz Gill & Grill in Charleston then of course the weather delay. Shopping resumed.

Reading some of the posts this evening I just wonder why they bother watching the games at all.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.

FJ43
BREwmaster said:

that is greatness! thanks for sharing.

now when's the next FJ SPY trading chat? I need to get better at putting into action what I see, could've bought puts Friday as the trend broke down. Just sat on hands instead.
30k and I were talking about trying another zoom charting/TA call towards year end. Maybe we'll get one together.

irish pete ag06
AG
I am in!
gougler08
AG
FJ43 said:

Well.....the game day threads are back. Had a chance to watch the first half from TBonz Gill & Grill in Charleston then of course the weather delay. Shopping resumed.

Reading some of the posts this evening I just wonder why they bother watching the games at all.

The game threads are quite low in the depths of hell the internet has…I don't even click them anymore
BaylorSpineGuy
Book it and I'm there. Thanks and have a great trip. Not sure if you're gonna make it to Hilton head on your trip, but that's another great SC destination (and some great golf to boot!).
insulator_king
AG
Bed Bath & Beyond CFO, 52, is identified as man who jumped to his death from 18th floor of NYC's 'Jenga' tower.

Dang!

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11178041/Bed-Bath-exec-52-identified-man-jumped-death-18th-floor-NYC-tower.html

Wonder if the books were cooked, and he knew it.
Ag CPA
AG
Wow. Wonder why CNBC and the MSM have not picked up on this yet, obviously it will have a significant impact on Tuesday. Everyone reporting it is just quoting the NY Post article for now.
Ornithopter
AG
Bullish, one less person on the payroll for BBBY.
BaylorSpineGuy
Someone on TWTR called it a "Pump and Jump".

Too soon….
Ag CPA
AG
BBBY has released a statement confirming:

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/09/04/bed-bath-beyond-cfo-gustavo-arnal-has-died-company-says.html
FJ43

$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I don't know what to make of it. Feels like tech is much less frothy right now, but we are also literally on the cusp of an explosion in tech spending for AI and edge computing. There wasn't a euro in the 70s, but I might look at what GBP and the Swiss Franc did back then.
techno-ag
AG
Ag CPA said:

Wow. Wonder why CNBC and the MSM have not picked up on this yet, obviously it will have a significant impact on Tuesday. Everyone reporting it is just quoting the NY Post article for now.
British newspapers are generally better than our media.
FJ43

FJ43

I don't know what to make of it. Feels like tech is much less frothy right now, but we are also literally on the cusp of an explosion in tech spending for AI and edge computing. There wasn't a euro in the 70s, but I might look at what GBP and the Swiss Franc did back then.

Not sure either. Just have to be on our toes.

BaylorSpineGuy
About 3-4 months ago, you wrote something to the effect "we are so screwed." It was late one night. Not sure if you meant or were referring to the next day or not, but I got the sense you meant on a more macro/long-term level.

Do you still have the same sentiment or do you feel like that already came and passed or won't come to fruition at all?
Bonfire1996
AG
I'm back after a four week ban. Sorry fellas, I'll try to be better, LOL
FJ43
Bonfire1996 said:

I'm back after a four week ban. Sorry fellas, I'll try to be better, LOL
4 weeks bro! You and Prog have to be in some ring of honor for banned camp.

Welcome back.

BaylorSpineGuy
Is AustinAg ok? Haven't seen/heard from him in a bit. He teased us back in the early summer with stories of famous trades he executed and he's been MIA almost ever since. Either that shorthorn or Carlos Slim came for him?
cjo03
AG
insulator_king said:

Bed Bath & Beyond CFO, 52, is identified as man who jumped to his death from 18th floor of NYC's 'Jenga' tower.

Dang!

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11178041/Bed-Bath-exec-52-identified-man-jumped-death-18th-floor-NYC-tower.html

Wonder if the books were cooked, and he knew it.

Wow. I've thought to myself a number of times how stressful being the CFO of a meme stock could be for a variety of reasons.

Shamed to admit I'm curious in the train wreck kinda way what happens to BBBY on Tuesday.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I think it'll do the same thing he did.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
BaylorSpineGuy said:

About 3-4 months ago, you wrote something to the effect "we are so screwed." It was late one night. Not sure if you meant or were referring to the next day or not, but I got the sense you meant on a more macro/long-term level.

Do you still have the same sentiment or do you feel like that already came and passed or won't come to fruition at all?
I think we were in the 4500-4600 range when I wrote that. I think the fed is going to crush employment as a means of controlling inflation. They are not going to be able to raise rates for too much longer because it's bad for the government's debt service, so they'll directly go after demand instead. If you notice their language, they are saying things like "employment is still robust". I don't think we've seen the peak on energy either. Best that the economy can hope for is that prices stay around where they are. Imagine what happens when there is $150 oil.

Europe is going to take it a lot harder than we are, but they're such an important part of the global economy, the effects of their recession are going to be felt everywhere. Europe took it the hardest in 2008 and frankly during COVID as well. This is a great example of not being capitalist enough. I think the Canadian or Australian systems are probably the max a country can go in social program terms without routinely screwing itself like the western europe countries are. I don't think anyone is going to default this go round, so we'll call that a win.

China is going to take it hard, but they'll hide how bad it is to weather the storm. We know the Russian economy is hosed. They'll also be motivated to sell gas to the euros. They'll need the money. India will do OK. South American countries will do OK, but economic items are probably secondary to corrupt governance down there.
sts7049
AG
dead cat bounce?
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Usually, when you reach peak fear on topics, that's the end. I think the euro energy crisis is pretty close to peak fear.
59 South
AG
Welcome to the party Lizzy Truss... mind blowing that they are sitting on ample NG supplies and won't produce it... quite the pickle with no solution that isn't massively flawed - that would be approved anyways...

New Prime Minister Liz Truss expected to freeze energy bills

Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX

Usually, when you reach peak fear on topics, that's the end. I think the euro energy crisis is pretty close to peak fear.
Not even close
OPEC+ announced it's cutting production. For all you XOM, CVX and other FF stocks holders congratulations! Time to go party now!

Boom!
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX said:

Not even close
The 20% flow of Russian NG to Europe has ended. From oilprice article this morning "Russia Won't Restart Nord Stream Pipeline Until Sanctions Are Lifted"

- Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov has said that Russia will keep the Nord Stream pipeline shut until the Western sanctions impeding repairs are lifted.

- Natural gas prices soared on the news, with Dutch TTF hub surging by 30% at market opening on Monday.

- Europe, which has been struggling to build natural gas storage ahead of winter, will see this a Russia further weaponizing its natural gas supplies.

"Russian natural gas supply via the Nord Stream pipeline to Germany will remain shut until the Western sanctions that impede gas turbine repairs are lifted, Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov said on Monday."

"The indefinite halt of all supply via Nord Streamwhich was already operating at just 20% capacity before the complete stopsent European benchmark gas prices soaring on Monday morning. Europe's benchmark gas prices at the Dutch TTF hub surged by 30% at opening on Monday to $270 (272 euro) per megawatt-hour (MWh)."

$30k - I read your comment on another thread post about Gazprom would sell NatGas to Europe as to not miss the sales revenue. The flaw in that logic is, Easterners don't view business the same way as Westerners. As stated before, I would not plan a European winter vacation.
First Page Last Page
Page 5672 of 6618

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.