Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,017,294 Views | 231616 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by ProgN
Spoony Love
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm learning 30k. Thanks for posting your insights. I looked this morning, read up on some news and this was my thought as well. Tight range.

If 3970 is lost, I see a level down to 3920?
Spoony Love
AG
Is the thought on shipping companies that basically they have run out of luck or will soon?

Several have posted revenue increases from the prior year due to increased freight, but with it came increased expenses as well. I'm thinking it's a function of looking ahead to a slow down in manufacturing and not shipping as much product. Curious to hear what everyone's thoughts are.

I've done a little research on ZIM and SB. ZIM seems poised to bring on healthy revenue and they reaffirmed their FY22 guidance last earnings report of increased profit from FY21. They just closed a deal with Shell to store LNG and the stock. It's at a 52 week low. Sounds like an opportunity to get in near a bottom soon.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Whoever was asking about VIX calls or call spreads, if you think we're going to get continuation down instead of basing below the 50-day for several days, after the open this morning is when I'd buy these. I'd probably buy the 9/7 expiry, thinking if we don't tank there I could wait until Mon or Tues on OPEX week and buy the 9/28 or 10/5 expiry.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Walked to Starbucks. Lol. Catch you all later.
You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
pumpjack2
AG
DNN has been the gift that keeps on giving for me personally. Went net free on the run up to 2.00+ back in November, and have been selling calls on all remaining shares each spike since. It's been a solid source of income for my account.

At the moment I'm sitting on my hands with it unless it comes back to the 1.00 - 1.05 range for some continued buys.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Bob Knights Paper Hands
I just scalped some TSLA calls for just under 15% return. Probably done for today. Real life busy and have a lunch meeting.
Golf1
AG
Very choppy day so far. Any time I'm up I just set my stop loss at break even because I'm not able to look at my trades as much as I'd like today and keep getting stopped out.
EngrAg14
AG
Bob Knights Liver said:

Based on this below 3070 would be the bear movement.
3070~4020 is choosing direction?
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Yes. If I had to guess, I'd say the market consolidates under the 50-day or bears and bulls duke it out around the 50-day for a week or more, then OPEX shenanigans the following week, then we actually get real direction.
Brewmaster
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

Walked to Starbucks. Lol. Catch you all later.
30k spotted!

Brewmaster
AG
and possible W forming, gots to hold here though
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Bears getting too big for their britches?
irish pete ag06
AG
Was not able to trade it, but the 50 MA was soundly rejected for the first attempt.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I'm still waiting for Bob knight to buy me Hutchins. I'd eat 3 beef ribs on his dime.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
They got within two cents of stopping us on OSTK
Bob Knights Paper Hands

I'm still waiting for Bob knight to buy me Hutchins. I'd eat 3 beef ribs on his dime.

It's for a meeting. Throw me some O&G consulting work and I'll buy you beef ribs at Hutchins or Goldie's. Also if you were at the Starbucks across the intersection from the growler, I was over there dropping off donation crap an hour ago.
MaroonDynasty
IMMR recent insider buys look good.
Above all the SMA's right now, could breakout out of this consolidation period.

$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Bob Knights Liver said:

It's for a meeting. Throw me some O&G consulting work and I'll buy you beef ribs at Hutchins or Goldie's. Also if you were at the Starbucks across the intersection from the growler, I was over there dropping off donation crap an hour ago.
Well, I was a management consultant at one point in time. Tell me your business problem and I'll tell you what to do this will be fun if you can generalize it.

Goldie's has my attention.
Golf1
AG
Me buying SPY calls tells me we are going to finish red today.
Golf1
AG
Well cut losses quickly there lol
M4 Benelli
Spoony Love said:

Is the thought on shipping companies that basically they have run out of luck or will soon?

Several have posted revenue increases from the prior year due to increased freight, but with it came increased expenses as well. I'm thinking it's a function of looking ahead to a slow down in manufacturing and not shipping as much product. Curious to hear what everyone's thoughts are.

I've done a little research on ZIM and SB. ZIM seems poised to bring on healthy revenue and they reaffirmed their FY22 guidance last earnings report of increased profit from FY21. They just closed a deal with Shell to store LNG and the stock. It's at a 52 week low. Sounds like an opportunity to get in near a bottom soon.

Wouldnt touch ZIM unless it scrapes the bottom of the bourbon barrel. They dont hold many assets, are skewed towards spot prices, and possess very little in way of lengthy charter agreements. They have a ton of cash on hand, and the fat divies will still be in store through 2023. I wanted to see some buybacks so it could hit fair value, but theyre reticient to do so since they jusy IPO'd not too long ago. Sold off my position last week.

If you want an undervalued shipping play that has a ton of upside buy GSL. This is the company that companies such as ZIM rent their ships from. 8% divy as of writing, clearing out their debt, and they just announced a huge multi year charter agreement with Hapag-Lloyd. These charter agreements are about half of their current market cap. Sail on pirate.
Spoony Love
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Same **** different day. Green open quickly turned to a red day.
Triple_Bagger
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Same **** different day. Green open quickly turned to a red day.
Market is consolidating after big moves the last 3 days. Might chop the rest of the week. Good time to sit on your hands and wait IMO. I'm waiting for SPX to break above 4030 or below 3960.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
I just sold some 9/16 TSLA $225/235 call credit spreads for $9.30. That seems like free money. Losses are capped, high potential ROI, liquidity helps me get out if I need to, and I break even if the stock doesn't go up more than 9% from here. What am I missing other than selling more of these?
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Bob Knights Liver said:

I just sold some 9/16 TSLA $225/235 call credit spreads for $9.30. That seems like free money. Losses are capped, high potential ROI, liquidity helps me get out if I need to, and I break even if the stock doesn't go up more than 9% from here. What am I missing other than selling more of these?

Is that the right strike?
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Yeah apparently I had the TSLA9/16$60 chart up and was looking at a price just under $215. I'm blaming this on trying to trade mobile. interesting enough I was able to close one of those out for $9.25, so I made a few bucks on my stupidity. I knew that was too good to be true.
ProgN
https://www.cnbc.com/2022/08/31/feds-mester-sees-benchmark-rate-above-4percent-and-no-cuts-at-least-through-2023.html

Quote:

Cleveland Federal Reserve President Loretta Mester said Wednesday she sees interest rates rising considerably higher before the central bank can ease off in its fight against inflation.

Mester, a voting member this year of the rate-setting Federal Open Market Committee, said she sees benchmark rates rising above 4% in the coming months. That's well above the current target range of 2.25%-2.5% for the federal funds rate, which sets what banks charge each other for overnight borrowing but is tied to many consumer debt instruments.

Markets currently are pricing in only a 1-in-3 chance of the funds rate climbing above 4% next year.

"My current view is that it will be necessary to move the fed funds rate up to somewhat above 4 percent by early next year and hold it there," she said in prepared remarks for a speech in Dayton. "I do not anticipate the Fed cutting the fed funds rate target next year."
HtownAg92
AG
ProgN said:

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/08/31/feds-mester-sees-benchmark-rate-above-4percent-and-no-cuts-at-least-through-2023.html

Quote:

Cleveland Federal Reserve President Loretta Mester said Wednesday she sees interest rates rising considerably higher before the central bank can ease off in its fight against inflation.

Mester, a voting member this year of the rate-setting Federal Open Market Committee, said she sees benchmark rates rising above 4% in the coming months. That's well above the current target range of 2.25%-2.5% for the federal funds rate, which sets what banks charge each other for overnight borrowing but is tied to many consumer debt instruments.

Markets currently are pricing in only a 1-in-3 chance of the funds rate climbing above 4% next year.

"My current view is that it will be necessary to move the fed funds rate up to somewhat above 4 percent by early next year and hold it there," she said in prepared remarks for a speech in Dayton. "I do not anticipate the Fed cutting the fed funds rate target next year."

Did you have to include the picture with the article? We would have taken her word for it, didn't need to be scared straight.
Heineken-Ashi
A couple Heinekens and she's a slump buster prospect.
“Give it hell Heinekandle, I’m enjoying it.”
- Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX

“No secure borders, no alpha military, no energy independence, no leadership and most of all no mean tweets - this is the worst trade I’ve ever witnessed in my lifetime. ***Put that quote in your quote/signature section HeinendKandle*** LOL!”
- also Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX (obviously in a worse mood)
ProgN
Heineken-Ashi said:

GTFO bro. She's hideous!
irish pete ag06
AG
3970 holding but doesn't look long for this world.
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
Heineken-Ashi said:

You got any standards?
irish pete ag06
AG
I think I missed the uranium boat… not a good R:R at this point… but man I think these are bullish long term with Europe's situation
First Page Last Page
Page 5664 of 6618

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.