Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

23,992,501 Views | 231574 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by EliteZags
oldarmy1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

T&Ps for the people who bought SPX 4200 calls this morning. They got murdered!!!
The set up sucked in a bunch of people unfortunately. Talking of new highs and hundreds of points higher. Recipe for a disaster. They used the gap as that fire attractant for the moths. Even I was intrigued by it and thought we'd get it closed but no way way I touching the markets after a big moving day towards a gap. Seen it used as bait too many times over the years.
Brewmaster
AG
this will be sub 4k Monday a.m. It's like murder algo is flipped on and pissed off. Already very oversold, but it doesn't give a damn

I almost played puts around 9:00 this morning, as it was selling off from the high of the day. Almost, then got busy watching the little man and work. Oh well, better luck next time.
WestTexAg12
AG

We like to say rule 1 is risk management. I think rule 0 would be knowing when to stay away.

Repeating for all.

Hold on. Say it one more time for the stupid WestTexAg that tried a couple of calls and got burned today…
topher06
Continuing to collapse after hours.
Brewmaster
AG
EngrAg14 said:

NVDA setup for inverse W.
Likely drops to 154 in next 2 weeks if not sooner.

loads of NVDA puts next week, even into the close
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Did not think TQQQ would hit my 30.05 limit today.

Does it get there?
Split it into two orders AH and already hit the second at 29.90.
FJ43

Where does it go?

Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

Bob Knights Paper Hands
TheCellarDoor said:

AMZN squarely in the gap now. Premiums are juiced, but that 127p looks tasty (ironically where I got called out on my CC's a few weeks ago after earnings).

It was funny that AMZN bounce at 130.50 this afternoon was the close of a gap back in April. I didn't think that point mattered anymore as support since the gap was filled already. I just thought it was an interesting place for some support.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Sold enough AMZN put spreads for next week to go net free. Holding 2 of the 125/122 and 7 of the 126/122 over the weekend.
irish pete ag06
AG
irish pete ag06 said:

He's still on twitter.
I was scanning quick because a meeting was about to start and didn't even realize I was replying to McInnis
irish pete ag06
AG

Long live SQQQ
Ragoo
AG
irish pete ag06 said:

Long live SQQQ
New Braunfels represent
Ag CPA
AG
Ragoo said:

irish pete ag06 said:

Long live SQQQ
New Braunfels represent
Dated her growing up, no joke.
Ragoo
AG
Did you kiss nightly beside the green green grass?
Ag CPA
AG
Pretty much, she didn't turn **** until later in high school.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
BREwmaster said:

this will be sub 4k Monday a.m. It's like murder algo is flipped on and pissed off. Already very oversold, but it doesn't give a damn

I almost played puts around 9:00 this morning, as it was selling off from the high of the day. Almost, then got busy watching the little man and work. Oh well, better luck next time.
You guys are way too pessimistic. There will definitely be trading over 4100 next week.
You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I wouldn't be shocked if they drove price down to get your shares cheap only to absolutely rip on Monday.
BlueTaze
"Don't fight the fed" trending again. Powell wants pain. Anyone looking for SPY premiums to settle to ride this, or is there a potential squeeze with so much downside consensus after today?

Failed breakouts and failed breakdowns seems to be the go to setup lately.
Brewmaster
AG

BREwmaster said:

You guys are way too pessimistic. There will definitely be trading over 4100 next week.
No, I just lean towards continuation into Monday morning. I definitely think by end of next week we could be around 4100. Although that depends on when they reverse this thing.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Hard to say. There will be action overnight in futures. The market always over reacts. Not saying it's over, but it looks for catalysts to make its move.

I don't think we've seen lows of the year yet, though.
FJ43

Hard to say. There will be action overnight in futures. The market always over reacts. Not saying it's over, but it looks for catalysts to make its move.

I don't think we've seen lows of the year yet, though.
Agree I think we trade to/over 4100 next week. However I'd be careful for a dead cat bounce IMO to anyone thinking long. That 50 will be fun to watch. Lower trendline will be interesting if we head for lower low or maintain higher low.

I lotto'd long for next wed expiry at the close. But....kept my Sept 20 VIX calls intact as I don't think the volatility is over.

Cloned parallel and low added.

Does 59 win to 4600 from across the pond or do the shorts get the victory to charity?

Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.

Jet Black
52 week low is 3636. Do we get back there again?
Jet Black
irish pete ag06 said:

Long live SQQQ

If you are currently holding this when do you get out?
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Jet Black said:

52 week low is 3636. Do we get back there again?

That's a long way, but it could. If we confirm under the 50-day we may continue this megaphone pattern that Irish Pete posted.

lobwedgephil
Guess we will see, looking at the Skew we aren't done yet. I think we have better chance of seeing 3900's than 4100's early next week, but will just play day by day. No positions currently.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I will buy 3900s.
Ragoo
AG
I sold out of almost everything in my trading account. Booked some losses. I did so because they were even bigger losses at the beginning of July and the daily chart shows what looks like a clear reversal.
FJ43
lobwedgephil said:

Guess we will see, looking at the Skew we aren't done yet. I think we have better chance of seeing 3900's than 4100's early next week, but will just play day by day. No positions currently.
Agree....I posted SKEW a few days ago and circled shooting stars.

Bob Knights Paper Hands
Ragoo said:

I sold out of almost everything in my trading account. Booked some losses. I did so because they were even bigger losses at the beginning of July and the daily chart shows what looks like a clear reversal.

I don't disagree with what you did here and I'm not keeping much overnight in anything but long-term accounts, but I found this relative

Triple_Bagger
Ag CPA said:

Triple_Bagger said:

-900 is more likely. Everyone who thought the Fed was done with rate hikes and would reverse soon are exiting their positions. Powell confirmed more rate hikes are coming and they plan to hold them there for a while.

We got there and more. Impressive move today. Looking forward to next weeks action. Think it will be volatile.
Ragoo
AG
Bob Knights Liver said:

Ragoo said:

I don't disagree with what you did here and I'm not keeping much overnight in anything but long-term accounts, but I found this relative

o actually did think about selling short at the same time. Had an order open but felt like over doing it so decided to wait the weekend and see what Monday brings.
lobwedgephil
FJ43 said:

lobwedgephil said:

Agree....I posted SKEW a few days ago and circled shooting stars.

Yes you did. Good eye for sure.
FJ43

The blue SR is Model T or about Fib 50 of today's H/L. Interesting where that end up over the daily ranges. Personally I'd love a opening up and run to that then reject violently. But then of course I'm sick like that....

FJ43

Question for everyone.....

If you could only trade two things which two would they be?

Bob Knights Paper Hands
FJ43 said:

Question for everyone.....

If you could only trade two things which two would they be?

Used to be SPX and TSLA before the Musk selling and split over the past few weeks. Right now it'd say SPX and QQQ until I see how TSLA trades post split.
First Page Last Page
Page 5654 of 6617

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.