Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

23,997,827 Views | 231597 Replies | Last: 6 min ago by El_duderino
MRB10
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Decay said:

Limp Bizkit be rocking the set in perpetuity
One of my favorite radios on Spotify.
wanderer
Should just be 65cents per option trade no?
irish pete ag06
AG
irish pete ag06 said:

Inverted cup and handle on QQQ?

I've already played QQQ 317P for a couple of 8% and 10% plays. Have 1 runner left.

INVALIDATED. Stop triggered for my runner.
wanderer
Inverted C&H is just a falling h that OA warns of right?
cptthunder
The last 30 minutes on the SPY chart is straight marching up those stairs
cptthunder
cptthunder said:

Is she going to blow her top now at the top of this flag?
topher06
wanderer said:

Should just be 65cents per option trade no?
Per contract and both directions, so a 1% return can get eaten up pretty quickly. I know OA1 had a much lower fee somehow.
Brewmaster
AG
MARA bounce here or dump, looks like it's at the bottom of it's range over last 5 days or so

FSLY ready yet? looking close
sts7049
AG
basing days are boring
cptthunder
cptthunder said:

cptthunder said:

Is she going to blow her top now at the top of this flag?
Shes giving it a go
Tibbers
Nm
sts7049
AG
might hit 4200 at the close, to set up maximum suspense for tomorrow
Spoony Love
AG
SPY closes above 419.50 and it's on for tomorrow.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Wonder if QQQ can fill the gap this week.
Certainly looking possible for tomorrow.
Spoony Love
AG
Bulls have got to feel good about that close. Just touched 419.52 a second before the bell as far as I saw.

7.6 mill shares the last 15 minutes. Furious buying spree.
sts7049
AG
Spoony Love said:

SPY closes above 419.50 and it's on for tomorrow.
maybe, but 4200 is a big level so we'll have to see the reaction.
Spoony Love
AG
I may be just seeing some static at my 419.50 level since I agree with 4200 being a big level. I cheat my S/R a little lower than others on here to give myself a little more room for floors before I cut a trade.
topher06
What time does Powell perform tomorrow?
oldarmy1
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Hope everyone got positioned and didn't wait for Jackson Hole.

SPY calls gonna close 75% at the open if we hold above 30 on the ES. What a way to start a breakout!

And I trust that the professionals who might have joined in on the $417 SPY calls shorted 25% on the opening in the money spike?

To newbies - when options can't be traded on stocks that have made big moves in the money on options held, you can short against some to have a retrace profit opportunity. Sometimes the shorted shares deliver a higher $ return than the entire options trade!

I wish I could have every single person enjoy this trade today. $417 calls on the low open yesterday. Reasoning to buy is the range was being clearly protected, so a move back up gives some quick cushion. Then we hold $414 end of day.

Part 2 was strong futures above $30 opening $SPY in the money against the puts. I placed a $417.68 and it hit $417.91 but no fill so quickly changed to $417.56 and got the 25% shares against the in the money calls.

Part 3 Markets look to come back and touch yesterdays close in the $414's so I wait (seated through a bounce) until we hit down there and covered the short for nearly $4/share.

Part 4 Markets push back to new highs into noon NY market hours, so with lunch on their docket I sell 50% of calls. We come back all the way under $415 with a flash "V" so I buy back the 50% sold.

Part 5 I take 50% off into the close at $2.74/$2.75 fills.

Part 6 Squeeze into close takes it to over $3 and I close remainder of trade.

It was like the markets just opened up their wallet and asked "how much do you want?"

I tried to tweet each successive move, knowing a lot had followed on the initial entry. 5 Direct Messages asking how to have access at 3am and short. GOOD GRIEF, how many times must I speak to that?
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
topher06 said:

$30,000 Millionaire said:

Decided I'd rather enjoy my day instead. Maybe I'll be back in the afternoon, but I think there will be doldrums later waiting on the fed. Premium starting to erode quickly right now anyway.

Div/0 wins again.

Do your calcs factor in option fees? Where are you trading? Merrill's fees would eat me alive at those returns, unless you're playing only expensive near the money options I suppose.
This is net including fees. IBKR and Fidelity have reasonable option rates.

Fidelity charges 60 cents per SPX contract. The options move in $10 increments (0.10 x 100 shares), so even if you sold for 0.10 more, it's still decent return. I wouldn't use any broker where you're materially worried about fees for entering and exiting. As long as you're getting at least 2 cents per contract on Fidelity and IBKR, you're coming out ahead.
You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
oldarmy1
AG
Keeping it simple SPX chart

$30,000 Millionaire
AG
oldarmy1 said:

I tried to tweet each successive move, knowing a lot had followed on the initial entry. 5 Direct Messages asking how to have access at 3am and short. GOOD GRIEF, how many times must I speak to that?
At least one more time?

I don't know why anyone wouldn't use interactive for any type of swings or futures. I do think their chart capabilities suck though, but now that they're integrating with trading view….
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I should have made like $50K trading futures / SPX options today. But instead, I wanted to eat BBQ for lunch.
oldarmy1
AG
You want to see what a market maker "kiss off" looks like. I had 100 ENVX Puts sitting at $1.16 and I got one - that's ONE filled. If I could find out who that clown was I'd chase every bid of theirs until they quit. ONE!

This is when your analytics and technicals were dead on but a bully pees in your coffee.

wanderer
I'm always amazed to look at the 'postgame tape' and how well it can obey channels.

Even after hrs it's using the channel as support.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I wish I could say it had never happened to me. My more common occurrence is literally getting stopped at the dead low.
BlueTaze
Anyone else like SDC calls down here on a potential macro squeeze?

I hate that Zack Morris is pumping it. I feel like there are some guys in Manhattan fading his plays bringing quick dumps.
oldarmy1
AG
True. It hurts both ways. I had placed that bid order last night after running my numbers. Everything worked perfectly except ....
Golf1
AG
I wouldn't ever trade something Zach Morris is pumping. If you're in the trade and its for you then great but I couldn't get myself to get in anything after knowing he is a cause for it moving a certain direction.
techno-ag
AG
BlueTaze said:

Anyone else like SDC calls down here on a potential macro squeeze?

I hate that Zack Morris is pumping it. I feel like there are some guys in Manhattan fading his plays bringing quick dumps.
I kinda like the company. They've got great name recognition. I think it's a good long play maybe.
BlueTaze
Is it a goal post trade in this short of time frame?

Six Flags SIX

$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Yes but it's already up 20% this week
Brewmaster
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

Yes but it's already up 20% this week
sounds like PINS as well

crazy call flow on it all day. Probably going to cool off very soon
Golf1
AG
So Powell's announcement regarding the fed meetings is tomorrow at 9 am tomorrow. I'm not one to gamble with earnings so I don't plan on trading until later if I see the right chart line up. Should we expect the same type of movement at that 9 AM time like we do other announcements?
irish pete ag06
AG
Did some digging on SDC…

Zack first mentioned it at 9:48am on August 11

This also happened at 9:48 am on the same day

OA1 are you running buddies with Zack?
First Page Last Page
Page 5649 of 6618

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.