Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

23,999,709 Views | 231603 Replies | Last: 32 min ago by CC09LawAg
oldarmy1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

Towns03 said:

I bought some AMPY. Will start to trim in the 8.3 area.

Stop 7.2
Hi 30-

I think you mentioned that you really don't keep positions overnight. Are you planning on sticking with this or bail last minute today?

thanks for the tips here!

Will hold overnight.
Love the AMPY chart. set up. I'm in and see $9.50 area written all over it.
Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Towns03 said:

I bought some AMPY. Will start to trim in the 8.3 area.

Stop 7.2
Hi 30-

I think you mentioned that you really don't keep positions overnight. Are you planning on sticking with this or bail last minute today?

thanks for the tips here!

Will hold overnight.
Love the AMPY chart. set up. I'm in and see $9.50 area written all over it.
Someone bought 200 $17.50 call options for the Jan expiry.
oldarmy1
AG
I bought...some
irish pete ag06
AG
FJ43 said:

Little guy most of us have traded.

DNN

I set some buys at .97 but didn't get filled. More a nickel lower. Missed earnings a few weeks back. For me RR is ok here. Loses .91 just get out. .77 probably comes. Buys in the buck to .92 range ok for me.

I sold all net free shares of this for profit and gladly paid my taxes. Looking to see if I can get a round 2 over time.

DNN went
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Apparently uranium got valuable today
irish pete ag06
AG
irish pete ag06 said:

Big volume bar today on NRDY...

News of the CEO buying 5 million shares at 3.50 did this. He owns around 19.5 million of the 65 million shares outstanding according to FINVIZ. Current price is less than his purchase. Interesting. Watch listed for sure.
Ok, still watchign NRDY... looking for it to dip back down to the 2.60 range but that may be ambitious.

It closed today right at model T from yesterday's runup.

I am always wrong
Anybody else pick up BOFA a few months back? Been really big for my portfolio.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Charismatic Megafauna said:

Apparently uranium got valuable today

I missed what I thought was a good entry on Monday. Ticked at myself.
You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
AG
I am always wrong
E
AG
NVDA tank
jj9000
AG

Had some time to scalp. Stopping while ahead. Still waiting on AMPY

All of these posts have the same thing in common.

....the median is #DIV/0!...and #DIV/0! is undefeated.
irish pete ag06
AG
No, but I'm short.
Brewmaster
AG
BaylorSpineGuy said:

That is a beautiful chart. Fake breakouts and fake breakdowns all over the place lol. 30K is right….choppy and tricky too.
yeah too bad I got faked out like a paper handed monkey, bailed as it dipped below at 1:45, probably where OA and some others entered.

rounded formation still going after hours...

BaylorSpineGuy
I went short thinking the big H&S on the intraday chart was gonna fail. I tried to tone a good entry anticipating a retest with anticipated puke below 412.50. I entered around 413 and it see-saw'd through there but I ended up cutting it for a little loss. Broke about even on the day after giving up morning profits.

I didn't follow my strict entry that I committed to and it cost me. A financial reminder to be strict with entry and exits, not trying to predict the move before it happens.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
CC09LawAg said:

Very rookie questions, but can you help break this down for me?

Are you trading options here? I am trying to figure out the profit margins and how they're achieved.

How are you trading SPX?

ETA: I think I understand it now after playing around with Fidelity. I am months out from even attempting to mess with options but I am trying to start wrapping my head around them.

My thoughts here: start with trading SPY shares first before you even consider trading options. Focus on being successful with shares. Then you can learn about options and start tracking or paper trading them versus your SPY share trades.

Then start small when you do start trading options. Just like with trading shares, you need to understand your max risk or stop as well as what your plan is for taking profits before you make the trade.
irish pete ag06
AG
This is great advice.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
E said:

NVDA tank

So Cathy did something right?
BaylorSpineGuy

E said:

NVDA tank

Maybe SARK and ARKK start going in same direction? Lol.
FJ43
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

FJ43
FJ43 said:

Wrong post response. My bad.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.

FJ43
irish pete ag06 said:

FJ43 said:

Little guy most of us have traded.

DNN

I set some buys at .97 but didn't get filled. More a nickel lower. Missed earnings a few weeks back. For me RR is ok here. Loses .91 just get out. .77 probably comes. Buys in the buck to .92 range ok for me.

I sold all net free shares of this for profit and gladly paid my taxes. Looking to see if I can get a round 2 over time.

DNN went

Voodoo…..

Brian Earl Spilner
AG

E said:

NVDA tank

Well she did buy 5 days ago and sold for a big loss.
CC09LawAg
Thanks. I'm focusing on trading shares and trying to keep things very small right now. The lingo and verbiage around options gets me confused so I'm just trying to expose myself to them as much as possible without lighting my money on fire.
FJ43
FJ43 said:

Hmmmm....interesting cup and handled out. Held on a crappy macro day. Will it make a move?

MOS

Yup......

pumpjack2
AG
Is the consensus on AMPY that it's showing the bullish W on the daily chart and approaching the 8.25 area resistance? I don't see anything stick out in terms of volume (although the options flow OA mentioned is definitely a signal). Just want to make sure I understand what you guys are seeing here.

Long time lurker, first time poster. I've learned a lot from you gents, and greatly appreciate the knowledge you guys share here regularly!

Cheers
South Platte
pumpjack2 said:

Is the consensus on AMPY that it's showing the bullish W on the daily chart and approaching the 8.25 area resistance? I don't see anything stick out in terms of volume (although the options flow OA mentioned is definitely a signal). Just want to make sure I understand what you guys are seeing here.

Long time lurker, first time poster. I've learned a lot from you gents, and greatly appreciate the knowledge you guys share here regularly!

Cheers

Username fits nicely.
oldarmy1
AG
Look at the daily chart and see the cup forming. Look back to see where stock price has been hitting up against last few days. Then see where full cup completion will take it.

Markets move back up and this breaks out.
irish pete ag06
AG
irish pete ag06
AG
Watchlisting JWN (Nordstroms)

They beat on both earnings but lowered guidance going into Q4 and the stock took it on the chin. Seasonally, Q4 has been good for them. Gonna watch list it for some bottoming action.

Upon further review, this thing looks like a turd, still gonna watch list it.
Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Look at the daily chart and see the cup forming. Look back to see where stock price has been hitting up against last few days. Then see where full cup completion will take it.

Markets move back up and this breaks out
I think it's also worth pointing out the broader move in oil that we are starting to see (shoutout to Farmer Johnson).

You can also look at their revenue growth and the costs of that revenue. The COGS have stayed relatively in-line but their revenue has BALLOONED tremendously since 2020, so I'm looking at their operating profit and licking my chops that it's going to continue as we have more time where Oil is trading at $85+ a barrell
oldarmy1
AG
Hope everyone got positioned and didn't wait for Jackson Hole.

SPY calls gonna close 75% at the open if we hold above 30 on the ES. What a way to start a breakout!

And I trust that the professionals who might have joined in on the $417 SPY calls shorted 25% on the opening in the money spike?

To newbies - when options can't be traded on stocks that have made big moves in the money on options held, you can short against some to have a retrace profit opportunity. Sometimes the shorted shares deliver a higher $ return than the entire options trade!
Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
AG
Fear InoculAg said:

Anybody else pick up BOFA a few months back? Been really big for my portfolio.
I've been a big fan of CDs personally.
BlueTaze
Irish,
what's the blue and yellow segmentation on your vwap volume profile? Mine is just grey on TOS, curious if color adds anything around buy/sells etc.?
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
No man's land at the moment. The 3AM spike won't be easy to clear in the cash session but we are basing decently. I think above 4165 I'm bullish leaning
You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
First Page Last Page
Page 5647 of 6618

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.