Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

23,994,458 Views | 231574 Replies | Last: 5 hrs ago by EliteZags
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
It's all the market.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
For me it's 98%, but I haven't put any more in this year since around February. (Except for my max 401k/Roth/Mega Backdoor Roth/HSA contributions.)

I don't expect that % to change very much for the foreseeable future.
ProgN
Brian Earl Spilner said:

It's all the market.
Experienced traders never conflate the two. We mentally consider them a part of 2 different worlds.
Ragoo
AG
95% in the market

2 x ROTH
Account with planner
Trading account
Stock grants

My trading account is about 7% of my total investments.
docaggie
AG
My retirement is about 95% or so in the market. Unfortunately I'm not allowed to do options in my account or I'd be selling calls. Oh well.

Trading account had been running about half. Right now it's less cash as I did some buy/writes on VERU and SAVA the last two weeks as they started up, rotated into further and higher sold calls as they continued up, buying them back as they fell some.
Class of 1998;
Husband of an Aggie, Class of 1999;
Father to future Class of 2029 and 2031
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
mpl35
AG
75% in. Large part of that is long term retirement
FJ43
Did this via your Twitter post as well. 25-35% bracket for me.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

FJ43

Quick Sunday mornin chart before heading for church with my family.

WWR

30k's WWR date with 1.50 achieved.
I'd like to see a move down into the Fib 50 (rough MT), which is also the ATR mean and 21EMA and uptrend line. Yellow arrow.

Loses that and low 140s, 1.32ish next.

Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.

BaylorSpineGuy
On the subject of micro caps that's have sucked most of our souls (not the experts here tho), little RGS has become the engine that could. It has popped through resistance after resistance. It has taken out the preceding day's high 3 of the last 6 trading sessions and is almost to 1.60.

I'm not sure if this is a short covering rally or what, and I didn't add to my original position to lower my cost basis (not sure if wise or not), but am hoping this one runs for a minute. It's still decently short sold (almost 20%), so if there are margin calls in the next month or so, it could get squeezy. That's my wish upon a star at least.

Happy Sunday all!

BaylorSpineGuy
Interesting poll from OA yesterday. He's out in front of the experts as usual.

I've got a fairly large cash position. My trading account is 90% cash. I've got nearly 7-10x my trading acct in cash savings, and my 401K is mostly bonds, real estate, and a smaller exposure to SP500 and a "25 year to life", which I think is just broad exposure to a number of assets.

25 to life sounds more like a prison sentence though lol.
irish pete ag06
AG
irish pete ag06 said:

Morbid but this is stock discussion. A top advisor's daughter to Putin reportedly has been assassinated. Rumor was it he advisor was the target. I'm sure there will be a response.
Oh and I meant to add that this event won't have a market response, I do agree with ProgN about that.

I was just observing that this could lead to some pretty escalatory action in the near future that could affect the market.
irish pete ag06
AG
Got a question for tradingview users...

So I've been attempting to do some volume screening/scanning for small caps getting loaded up. Also trying to find the pump and dumps while they're being front loaded.

So I've been going to some of the Zack Morris and gang pump and dumps, going to the first day on twitter it was mentioned and looking to see what type of buying is happening before the tweeting.

Zack first mentions MOHO on Aug 3.

LOL at Zack being full disclosure now and straight up saying he's front loaded it.

You can see the daily volume on Aug 2 while Zack and others were loading was 37 million.

But when I go back to the hourly chart and add up the volume, it's not even close to 37 million.
The largest bar on the hourly on Aug 2 is 471K

This is just one example, but I've noticed this a bunch when volume scanning for these small caps. The hourly/15min or any other intra day time frame doesn't even come close to total daily volume.

Is this dark pool data being added retroactively?
FJ43

Just my opinion…..stay away.

You'll do far better to apply TA, learning to fish and executing strategies/disciplines than even trying to play with that stuff. Sure you'll make a $ once in a while.

jj9000
AG
BREwmaster said:

long mostly SARK (so I'm short).

Smart move.

...especially since he was forced to start Ewers.
Brewmaster
AG
jj9000 said:

BREwmaster said:

long mostly SARK (so I'm short).

Smart move.

...especially since he was forced to start Ewers.
LOL, yeah I set myself up for that one!
irish pete ag06
AG
I agree. I'm just piddling. I have no $ going into any of this stuff I was looking at.

I still don't understand the discrepancy between daily and intra-daily volume on the chart on trading view.

On webull, the volumes on intra-day work out equivalently to the daily.

Weird.

FJ43
Do you have real time and also all pre/AH trades enabled on your TradingView? As an example there are buys/sells higher and lower using my primary platform IBKR when looking at wicks and volume than there are on TV.

I love TV for charting. MY IBKR platform will give me more granular details.

$30,000 Millionaire
AG
On Penny stocks:

Lots of people make millions on these. They know how to spot an entry and they know how to take profits on them. Most of you guys aren't reading L2 quotes. Maybe a good policy is you shouldn't trade a stock that you never heard of before the trading day.

Risk management and clear stops are key. Failure to have stops = bag holding.
You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I also won't trade anything that Zack Morris is even close to.

irish pete ag06
AG
I'm upgraded to Pro, but not sure if I have that on or not.

Makes sense.

irish pete ag06
AG
LOL, I'm not. I was just messing around with volume scanning. Mainly trying to find institutional buying and this led me down a rabbit hole of trying to reverse engineer pump and dumps via volume scanning.

I was using relative volume scanning to see if I could find "goalposts" without looking at hundreds of charts.

This is the dumb stuff I do in the evening in my spare time when everyone else is asleep.
FJ43
$30,000 Millionaire said:

I also won't trade anything that Zack Morris is even close to.

This. Only commonality is if he's bought in after I have.

FJ43
irish pete ag06 said:

LOL, I'm not. I was just messing around with volume scanning. Mainly trying to find institutional buying and this led me down a rabbit hole of trying to reverse engineer pump and dumps via volume scanning.

I was using relative volume scanning to see if I could find "goalposts" without looking at hundreds of charts.

This is the dumb stuff I do in the evening in my spare time when everyone else is asleep.

Keep doing that bro! Going through hundreds of charts and recognizing patterns, TA keys, drawing in SR, flags, etc. is what it takes. TV is so easy to chart with on top of having so many indicators and studies to play around with I find it fun just to see how all those align vs one another.

Love seeing the dedication to your craft.

Decay
AG
Too few people look at historical data to test their knowledge (trading and life in general). Great way to test yourself to data.
FJ43
Left hand chart. Stocks and life.

BaylorSpineGuy
Reading books gives a life of knowledge. Devil Take the Hindmost is my recently completed audio book and taught me immensely!
Rebel_Lonestar
AG
FJ43 said:

If you are new to trading options or trading in general, for the love of all things sane (and your capital) do not trade weeklies or even worse 0DTE (same day expiration). Go out a ways (month+) on expirations to learn.

Weekly and 0DTE IMO should be for experienced traders with solid execution skills. Unless you just like pain…
Excellent advice. New traders don't fully understand the Greeks. For new traders I would suggest trading micro futures if you are going to day trade. I've stop trading 0 Dte and weekly SPY and only trade MES and I'm finally starting to grow my account. And like you preached before know risk management and honor your stops
irish pete ag06
AG
If you're ever already in one that he alerts. Congrats.

Sell as soon as possible on the run up.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I trade 0 DTE all the time, but it's not for the faint of heart.
FJ43

Early futures don't mean much but ran some trend lines and SRs.

Friday broke the uptrend. Early action needs to hold here or corresponding targets to my SPY in play. 2 yellow arrows are downside targets if continuation.

irish pete ag06
AG
Where do you trade futures at? I have no clue about that.

I'm obviously the one who's not afraid to ask dumb questions on this thread.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
4200 is my core level for down tomorrow.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
irish pete ag06 said:

Where do you trade futures at? I have no clue about that.

I'm obviously the one who's not afraid to ask dumb questions on this thread.

Don't use TOS
lobwedgephil
If you decide to try futures, use a futures broker like Tradovate, Ninja, etc. The discount brokerages are basically stealing from you with commission, fees, margin requirements.
irish pete ag06
AG
Thanks. I noticed tradovate mentioned on twitter.
First Page Last Page
Page 5637 of 6617

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.