Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

23,996,371 Views | 231587 Replies | Last: 18 min ago by Heineken-Ashi
sts7049
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
i'm not looking to go ITM really. already up 25%
FJ43
Quite possible today.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

HtownAg92
AG
Charismatic Megafauna said:

"Hand over your...uhh...wait...my mistake, i thought this was my car, i have one just like it, you have a nice day sir!"

Brewmaster
AG
irish pete ag06 said:

ProgN said:

Buy FSLY right now for a trade
Mind sharing what you saw here? Or if not, I can take a hint.

here's the box on FSLY Prog speaks of. bottom looks to be around 10 and top in the 14's.

I just drew it back to June, it did dump into this range in May, but the box is a lot cleaner looking since June.
jj9000
AG
FJ43 said:

Ok…..some random guy literally just got in the backseat of my car. He didn't like what was in my hand immediately after so….he got out.

Trading related because I had my head in a chart at a gas pump.

I'm pretty sure you're talking about yourself here.

So deep into Trading and charting you accidentally got it the back seat...got pi$$ed at your cell phone in your hand...then got out of your own car.
irish pete ag06
AG
Sounds a litltle more like something McInnis would do.

$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Let's see if we can get to 4240.
You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Looks unlikely. Very heavy.
You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
zebros_95
AG
What a boring close
FJ43

All I want for Christmas is the top of that box on Monday.

That's all….

Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.

Charismatic Megafauna
AG
You're a sick man
FJ43

Have a great weekend gents! Enjoyed the drive scalping with y'all on the way home today.

One thing I know is I need this tank to get me home or good chance I'm wearing stripes based on today so far.

techno-ag
AG
ProgN said:

irish pete ag06 said:

ProgN said:

It's on the lower bolly that is getting real tight and oversold on the stoch. It's in a 4 month darvis box and I bet it hits the upper bolly in the next 5 trading days that would print at $13+ for a quick 25-30% gain. Shares are cheap enough to buy so no need to gamble with options. Earnings have already been announced so no risk of a negative surprise.

TL;Dr: Minimal risk for a quick 25-30% gain.
FWIW one analyst suggests they might be an acquisition target by Google to help their cloud business.
irish pete ag06
AG
FJ43 said:

All I want for Christmas is the top of that box on Monday.

That's all….

Me too.
ProgN
techno-ag said:

ProgN said:

irish pete ag06 said:

ProgN said:

It's on the lower bolly that is getting real tight and oversold on the stoch. It's in a 4 month darvis box and I bet it hits the upper bolly in the next 5 trading days that would print at $13+ for a quick 25-30% gain. Shares are cheap enough to buy so no need to gamble with options. Earnings have already been announced so no risk of a negative surprise.

TL;Dr: Minimal risk for a quick 25-30% gain.
FWIW one analyst suggests they might be an acquisition target by Google to help their cloud business.
I've heard that but I don't buy for buyout rumors. Risk/reward at its current price looks like a great swing trade. It's basing and getting coiled down here. It's going to squeeze sometime soon imo, but I see an easy 25-30% no stress short term swing trade.
ProgN
https://www.foxbusiness.com/technology/apple-security-issue-how-update-your-iphone-ipad-mac

If you have iPhones or Macs get the update immediately. It's a security patch. Article title sucks but the reason why is in the article
FJ43

Progs FSLY

I bought 50 9/16 12c at .36 today. Loses 10.06 and sees low of 9.50 IMO. Give me a bounce to about the gold bar by the first vertical yellow line for the double and I'll call it a day. Get to top of box momma FJ will be happy.

lobwedgephil
Top of that box will be decision time for market.
FJ43

ES

Hmmmmmm

ProgN
FJ43 said:

Progs FSLY

I bought 50 9/16 12c at .36 today. Loses 10.06 and sees low of 9.50 IMO. Give me a bounce to about the gold bar by the first vertical yellow line for the double and I'll call it a day. Get to top of box momma FJ will be happy.

Damn you brother, love you though! I suggest a profitable trade on a low priced stock with minimal risk and you bring in options. That's like opening a bar across the street from an AA meeting on this thread.

IMO, it's going to take continued downward pressure on the macros to hit $9.50, but if it does then I will be adding a lot of shares because they're on sale. FSLY has great tech, and established clients. They guided lower when they reported earnings a couple of weeks ago, but their lower guidance was miniscule and the market didn't slaughter them because the shorts stayed away. That's a strong fundamental support in my book.

I prefer to just buy shares on low priced stocks instead of trying to time it with options. That said, this thing will squeeze. I don't know what the catalyst will be or when it will happen but when it does, I think it prints $20+ in the next 6 months unless a catastrophic event happens. In the meantime, I'll swing trade it.
FJ43
ProgN said:

FJ43 said:

Progs FSLY

Damn you brother, love you though! I suggest a profitable trade on a low priced stock with minimal risk and you bring in options. That's like opening a bar across the street from an AA meeting on this thread.

IMO, it's going to take continued downward pressure on the macros to hit $9.50, but if it does then I will be adding a lot of shares because they're on sale. FSLY has great tech, and established clients. They guided lower when they reported earnings a couple of weeks ago, but their lower guidance was miniscule and the market didn't slaughter them because the shorts stayed away. That's a strong fundamental support in my book.

I prefer to just buy shares on low priced stocks instead of trying to time it with options. That said, this thing will squeeze. I don't know what the catalyst will be or when it will happen but when it does, I think it prints $20+ in the next 6 months unless a catastrophic event happens. In the meantime, I'll swing trade it.
LOL.... You know I'm a trading junkie degenerate....just ignore my trade. Couldn't help myself. Won't surprise me to see 9.50 if loses 10.06. A bounce even by .50 below $11 gets me 30%ish. As a trade I may cut the options below 10.06. Think that decision will come quick. RR is about 1-3 and could be 1-5 if moves to top of box before expiration.

If I take an L won't be my first or last. Next trade.

AW 1880
AG
Thanks for the detailed reply!
FJ43

I feel like I should post this.....

Y'all see me actively trading options. I've learned to be disciplined with my style/system, trade plan and execution but it took lots of red ink years ago to gain that wisdom. Options are NOT for everyone and I do not recommend it unless you apply yourself. While I take a few that are possible home runs the vast majority are high probability for singles, doubles and occasions home runs. I flat love the rush of options trading.

I do not full port options or any trade. I manage risk and work to manage the trade green scaling out. I've learned I don't need the trades full potential just the meat. I set trailing stops when green at certain levels. And above all else get out when your trade plan says to.

Carioca Corredor
AG
I spent the second half of my business career doing this exact strategy but in real estate investing. I'm struggling to transition it to y'all's technical market trading. Add to that I'm risk averse. So I continue trying to learn what y'all are saying/ doing while trying to find ways to make my sucky portfolio liquid again. Thinking to just buy small companies on the cheap in the year to come for the cash flow into retirement.
ProgN
FJ43 said:

I feel like I should post this.....

Y'all see me actively trading options. I've learned to be disciplined with my style/system, trade plan and execution but it took lots of red ink years ago to gain that wisdom. Options are NOT for everyone and I do not recommend it unless you apply yourself. While I take a few that are possible home runs the vast majority are high probability for singles, doubles and occasions home runs. I flat love the rush of options trading.

I do not full port options or any trade. I manage risk and work to manage the trade green scaling out. I've learned I don't need the trades full potential just the meat. I set trailing stops when green at certain levels. And above all else get out when your trade plan says to.

FJ43
FJ43
Carioca Corredor said:

I spent the second half of my business career doing this exact strategy but in real estate investing. I'm struggling to transition it to y'all's technical market trading. Add to that I'm risk averse. So I continue trying to learn what y'all are saying/ doing while trying to find ways to make my sucky portfolio liquid again. Thinking to just buy small companies on the cheap in the year to come for the cash flow into retirement.
I totally understand how you feel. I invest in real estate most of my career has been M&A/PE. I trade the markets although I do have long positions.

The mindset/mental game for trading is different. Trading can be emotional and addicting. I've never revenge invested but Lord knows I revenge traded early on. That's a recipe for disaster. It takes a different kind of discipline. Nothing replaces seat time in this game. Too often people mix trading and investing and they are not the same.

You'll find the board community very helpful and there are some excellent traders and a few true Pros. You'll also find some excellent investors. It's a selfless community here so dont be afraid to ask questions.

Carioca Corredor
SoTXAg09
AG

OA talked about buying META Calls, but it looks to be in a Darvas box. Thoughts?

irish pete ag06
AG
I jumped into options today on it and sold them for break even to jump into equity instead. That darvas box had me concerned about timing.
Brewmaster
AG
ProgN said:

FJ43 said:

Progs FSLY

9.50 was the bottom of a couple of daily wicks and looked to have strong support around 9.90 or 10 if I remember right (when I charted it. My guess is any dip to mid 9's will be very short lived.

thanks so much for bringing this one to the board! I will probably look at options Monday and add a few shares.
Brewmaster
AG
I'd wait til META is at or near the bottom of that box to enter calls
FJ43

I posted about MGNI last week I think. Example of an L I'll likely take now. $8.56 is my trade plan cut. 10.45 and 11.51 were T1 and T2 targets for me. I'm 35% upside down on this trade having bought the Sept 10c.

Today's candle didn't help that. I suspect I'll lose the trend line.

irish pete ag06
AG
Messing around in small cap land... doing some scanning. Found VIVK. It's oil. Did a reverse split 1:30 a while back.

2 massive goal posts.

That's all I know about this company. Oh and their web site looks legit. That's it.
BaylorSpineGuy
Remember when we discussed AAPL puts the other night. Here's some additional TA/charting to give ammo for the trade.

First Page Last Page
Page 5635 of 6617

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.