Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

23,998,040 Views | 231597 Replies | Last: 12 min ago by El_duderino
wanderer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
HtownAg92 said:

Okay, BBBY continues to sheet the bed hard afterhours, but my option sell price isn't moving I guess because I wasn't in the money at close. Surely I can wait until open tomorrow for my option price to catch up and correlate with opening share price and then sell it? And if there is no sign of the wsb's moving it back up, let it tank some more?
Options don't trade after hours (there's a few indices that trade 15min after). The bid/ask on your calls/puts aren't going to change AH. You can purchase/short shares AH if you're wanting to lock-in options profit, but make sure you know what you're doing when doing that.

This is going to sound really harsh, but if you aren't aware that options aren't AH, I would really reflect on dabbling in options. (I say this being FAR from an options guru)
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
If you really think the apes (or hedge funds piling on) can run it up again after/ before hours you can also buy the shares at current price (with cash or margin) and exercise your put in the morning (sell the shares at strike price), allowing you to pocket the difference. You also may be able to exercise after hours and do it in one fell swoop, I've never tried to exercise an option after hours
HtownAg92
AG
wanderer said:

HtownAg92 said:

Okay, BBBY continues to sheet the bed hard afterhours, but my option sell price isn't moving I guess because I wasn't in the money at close. Surely I can wait until open tomorrow for my option price to catch up and correlate with opening share price and then sell it? And if there is no sign of the wsb's moving it back up, let it tank some more?
Options don't trade after hours (there's a few indices that trade 15min after). The bid/ask on your calls/puts aren't going to change AH. You can purchase/short shares AH if you're wanting to lock-in options profit, but make sure you know what you're doing when doing that.

This is going to sound really harsh, but if you aren't aware that options aren't AH, I would really reflect on dabbling in options. (I say this being FAR from an options guru)
Not harsh, true. But that's why I'm starting small and learning. Everyone who is a guru at options had to start somewhere.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I bought some LABU AH at 10.82. I think this will hit $12 in short order.
You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
H&S setting up on SPY, but not a clean one. I think the right shoulder will have to fill out more.
slacker00
AG
Your lesson tomorrow will likely be about IV crush.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
So many bag holders on BBBY.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I don't think home skillet is going to make a ton on BBBY puts. If he's up 40% he bought them for $1.65 or so.

The AH movement isn't great enough to box the shares (buy BBBY long to lock in profit).

Theta decay will show up tomorrow bigly. Better hope BBBY goes to $15.
wanderer
Go on….

AgEng06
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
So why is WWR seemingly one of this thread's favorite stocks?
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
We liked it under $5, it's only natural that we'd love it under $2!
MOCO9
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

For me, it's the same reason I love Aggie Football. I'm in to the pain.
Decay
AG
Also OA was on it before some previous run ups. There's some big holders in here.
Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Very Simple Layman's terms below...

• WWR is opening up some of the largest US based Graphite mines and their technology/production process make sure the Graphite produced from these mines are EV Car battery grade.
  • EV battery technology uses primarily Lithium Ion Tech - in which Graphite makes up a substantial portion around 25-30% of said Lithium Batteries (something like 50-100lbs for )
  • Ford, GM and Tesla are all basing their new EV production facilities through out the southern states like Georgia, Tennessee, Texas, etc. WWR's facility/mine is in Alabama. Historically - 75% of the worlds supply of natural graphite comes from China.
  • There is currently no commercial-level graphite mining in the U.S.
  • ***Very Important Regarding the Inflation Reduction Act's new extension of EV rebates as signed by Uncle PeePaw - I pulled the bullet point below from this article.***
  • Passage of the measure set off a scramble by automakers to speed up efforts to find North American-made batteries and battery minerals from the U.S., Canada or Mexico to make sure EVs are eligible for the credit.

While automakers have been announcing U.S. battery factories and trying to secure domestic mineral supplies, a large industry trade association has warned that the vast majority of EVs now on sale in the U.S. wouldn't qualify for the full credit under the Inflation Reduction Act.
    "We are working overtime to localize our supply chains and ramp up production," Chris Smith, chief government affairs officer at Ford, said in a statement.
  • If WWR can get the Coosa Project designated as high needs infrastructure project - Given the U.S. government declared graphite a critical strategic mineral - Rocket Ship.

Basically - WWR is in the prime to help the US shift to producing enough domestic supply for materials and minerals needed for EV's and Battery and reduce the dependence upon outside countries.

Downsides:
  • The mine will take a long time to come online (like 2026-2028 I think)
  • They are building a production facility near the mine to help refine/produce Battery Grade Graphite

Interesting Articles:

Something else to point out - WWR is trading right below it's actual cash value per share if the company was liquidated today.
FJ43
Spoony Love said:

Me too. Except agreeing to a new job for significant pay increase. Excited about the next step.

Hard day to trade.
Congrats! Absolutely love seeing people advance and being excited about the next steps on their journey.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

FJ43
HtownAg92 said:

I'm a redneck addicted trader......but....take your money.

Singles, doubles and the occasional home run. But manage risk and take gains.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.

FJ43

No trades for me today. Scouring for the next trade as we speak.

BaylorSpineGuy
Did AAPL show a reversal candle today? Model T retracement time? Maybe 160P (gap below 160) like 2 months out? Am I warm?
irish pete ag06
AG
Great minds. I entered a 155 Dec put today.

I feel like it's holding up the whole market and when it flushes it will be blood time.
BaylorSpineGuy
irish pete ag06 said:

Great minds. I entered a 155 Dec put today.

I feel like it's holding up the whole market and when it flushes it will be blood time.

Lol you've seen my track record on this thread haha. I wouldn't exactly call mine a great mind.
BaylorSpineGuy
What price did you get?
FJ43
BaylorSpineGuy said:

Did AAPL show a reversal candle today? Model T retracement time? Maybe 160P (gap below 160) like 2 months out? Am I warm?
It's been carrying the water for others. Solid steady trend (vs meme move) and hard to fight it. Notice it went right into resistance today pretty much on the money. Could consolidate before next push at this level or retrace some. There is support below here around 165-7 before 155 gap.

Could reverse but IMO not a high RR probability trade. I've been wrong before (more than once). Macros dump and she comes down some.

Edit: another chart with ATRs and VP
Not a fan of much that rides +3 ATR this long without a breath. Tried to push out of it and rejected into resistance. You may be right here.

Interesting volume on puts 155-170.

irish pete ag06
AG
irish pete ag06
AG
You've seen mine too.

Forgot to use sarcasm font.
BaylorSpineGuy
Yeah….the doji yesterday and shooting star todsy, it may be the beginnings of a reversal.

Also, take a look at JPM. That's been a big money maker for me these last few months. Gap around 115-116 and another at 105-106. Smaller one farther out at 89-90. Looks extended and recent gap down now closed on this ride up.

Cup completion around 130 range, but not sure it has the energy to get there. May try a 115P with Oct expiry?
ProgN
BaylorSpineGuy said:

I'm more interested in how you decided on AAPL for buying puts from all the other weaker extended stocks overdue for a pullback. When you shoot at the king, you better not miss.

That said, it has 2 gaps to backfill, but it'll take a multi-day pullback on the macros to make that happen. I wouldn't expect puts to really get juiced on AAPL because FOMO peeps will lineup to BTFD on it, but good luck guys.
BaylorSpineGuy
What expiration are those puts? Pretty serious volume there.
Golf1
AG
Y'all are really making me want to get puts back into AAPL... got out of it today due to apple being the only green thing this morning and I got annoyed by it.
BaylorSpineGuy
What did Kevin spacey say in usual suspects about shooting the devil in the back? "What if you miss…..?
ProgN
True, but there are much safer candidates out there to profit off of puts with instead of a behemoth like AAPL. I just don't see a scenario, outside of nuclear attack, where it's worth the risk. JMO brother
FJ43
BaylorSpineGuy said:

Yeah….the doji yesterday and shooting star todsy, it may be the beginnings of a reversal.

Also, take a look at JPM. That's been a big money maker for me these last few months. Gap around 115-116 and another at 105-106. Smaller one farther out at 89-90. Looks extended and recent gap down now closed on this ride up.

Cup completion around 130 range, but not sure it has the energy to get there. May try a 115P with Oct expiry?
It's filling the upper gap at the moment. Loses today's low and 120 comes. Loses 120 and mean (yellow EMA) is in the cards.

Just quick chart look.

Edit: it's due for a red candle. 7 green volume bars in a row.

ProgN
Banks are a much better place for puts than AAPL is, imo. Building (mortgages) demand decreasing and CC balances maxing out, this will carry default risks.
FJ43
ProgN said:

Banks are a much better place for puts than AAPL is, imo. Building (mortgages) demand decreasing and CC balances maxing out, this will carry default risks.
Personally I think the default rate on debt is a time bomb waiting to happen. It's not if but when.....

BaylorSpineGuy
I think you're right. I've never gotten over Dimon saying an economic hurricane is on the horizon. He apparently has also been privately warning wealthy clients about potential issues in near term future (read that somewhere this week).

However, if the SPX/Y is gonna go down, and it looks like it's starting to reverse trend some, it won't go down without AAPL. Isn't AAPL like 8% of SPX? It is almost single-handedly holding it up.
First Page Last Page
Page 5627 of 6618

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.