Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

23,998,195 Views | 231597 Replies | Last: 16 min ago by El_duderino
SF2004
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
That table is awesome!

Don't get me wrong I love the dice but just don't think it is a game that can be beat like blackjack with card counting.

They have continuously changed blackjack to combat it.
lobwedgephil
irish pete ag06 said:

I didn't post daily P&L this week. Think I'll just start posting it weekly not to clutter up board.

I'm adding to my rules to only take 1-2 plays per day. This will make me more patient for entry.

So since I'll be taking less trades, I am going to post a daily trade recap with a chart so I can journal what I saw on the chart and maybe get feedback and learn from that.

Hoping I can learn from this with wins and losses.

After having 5 green in a row last week, back to getting my face ripped off. I will learn risk management one day, but that was not this past 5 days.

Also this P&L is a little off. I have a sizable position in September VIX calls that are still open but down.

Although I reckon unrealized losses are the same as real, right 30K?

Taking less trades is fine, and you always want to be patient and wait for the correct entry. Just be careful when doing this to stick to your stops. Common thing I have seen in new traders learning, when they take less trades, they are scared to take the loss. Just remember, no emotions, a trade is a trade, it works, or it doesn't, on to the next.
djmeen95
AG
BaylorSpineGuy said:

ProgN said:

Thanks brother, I'm really looking forward to it. It'll be good to clear my mind and I LOVE craps.

One of the premier thinkers of our time. And follow his techniques to crush the tables.

So is his method to making money on craps having an accomplice pick pockets of folks watching the video?
Carlo4
AG
59 South said:

irish pete ag06 said:

How much credence do you folks put into these comparisons.

Ignore this noise . Ask him kindly to overlay 1990 or 1962 please? Everyone wants to be a genius hero and none of us are!

I learned this the hard way summer 2020. Lots of articles and twitter feeds compared 2020 to 1929/1930. Matched to the letter for several months. I exited a few positions way too early, like MARA under $2, thinking the market would nosedive from there.

Completely opposite and missed out in the continued bull market on a few trades that would net big.
Brewmaster
AG
59 South said:

oldarmy1 said:

I love the sector and have a sizeable stake in WIRE. No denying the technicals are pointing to a bottom having been put in on ENVX, and it just broke out of the first level cup completion around $14.15. $15.20 area is next. Model T full range move is in the $23.37 area and that would be my exit target.

Thanks for the back up! Looks like an easy tradable stock to net free. Looking for a wave down to start entering. Patience and discipline are fundamental things I've learned from you and others over the years
post a follow up when you add or get close to adding. I've been eyeing ENVX a long time, just have never gotten around to adding any. I trust HP and Cohodes DD on it as well.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
ProgN said:

A close friend has seen me in a rut lately, and she talked me into taking a long weekend. We are leaving for Vegas this Friday morning and we'll get back Monday evening. I'm looking forward to it and getting a break from everything.

Lol in a trading rut so taking a vegas vacation!

Have fun! Hopefully you are planning to push away from the tables and go for a hike or something!
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Thanks Farmer!
I'm trying to get lighter in my holdings with the strength of late, mainly looking for a crwd pullback to buy sept calls. Will be interesting to see if there's another rug pull or if we just flatten for a while
Triple_Bagger
If this Senate Bill passes, it could be a big tailwind for WWR. The bill requires a certain percentage of battery components originating from North America and disallows batteries with any Chinese components after 2023 to qualify for the tax credit.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/automakers-70-ev-models-dont-qualify-tax-credit-under-senate-bill
FJ43

NFLX

Hmmmmm....building.

Macros hold up and this could be fun.

Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

djmeen95
AG
Triple_Bagger said:

If this Senate Bill passes, it could be a big tailwind for WWR. The bill requires a certain percentage of battery components originating from North America and disallows batteries with any Chinese components after 2023 to qualify for the tax credit.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/automakers-70-ev-models-dont-qualify-tax-credit-under-senate-bill

I'm in.

E
AG
Triple_Bagger said:

Don't you dare get my hopes up in on this!!!
bmks270
AG
Carlo4 said:

59 South said:

irish pete ag06 said:

How much credence do you folks put into these comparisons.

Ignore this noise . Ask him kindly to overlay 1990 or 1962 please? Everyone wants to be a genius hero and none of us are!

I learned this the hard way summer 2020. Lots of articles and twitter feeds compared 2020 to 1929/1930. Matched to the letter for several months. I exited a few positions way too early, like MARA under $2, thinking the market would nosedive from there.

Completely opposite and missed out in the continued bull market on a few trades that would net big.

Buy with the plan to never sell. That's the buffet way. And if you really go in with that mindset, you will be do a lot more due diligence.

I know this an active trading thread, but the stats on traders are horrible. Just not worth the time for me personally.
GreasenUSA
AG
bmks270 said:

I know this an active trading thread, but the stats on traders are horrible. Just not worth the time for me personally.
Can you please provide the stats? You beat this drum on the first few pages of this thread over 6 years ago. I wonder if you were able to convince anyone here?
bmks270
AG
GreasenUSA said:

bmks270 said:

Can you please provide the stats? You beat this drum on the first few pages of this thread over 6 years ago. I wonder if you were able to convince anyone here?

I get the appeal active investing and trading, and most the posters here I assume have other investments they don't trade regularly, so I'm not really trying to convince anyone here. Less than 5% are profitable so 1/20 isn't the worst odds to give it a shot because presumably some do very well.

I was way more interested in being more active when I worked less hours. Success at this really does take time doing research.

https://brokernotes.co/day-trading-stats#:~:text=Day%20Trader%20Performance%20Over%20a%2012-month%20period%2C%20approximately,traders%20stop%20trading%20within%20two%20years%20after%20starting.

Dan Scott
AG
Agree. I think this is why WWR received some interest this week. Those Alabama senators and representatives better get these guys a grant. If they can get more cash to finish this project without issuing new shares or debt, the stock flies. It's trading below its cash value because of the uncertainty around financing.
Dan Scott
AG
A stock to look at going forward is Allbirds (BIRD). Stock closed at $5.27 Friday. It went public at $15 in November. They have earnings tomorrow. Stock has been crushed because they forecasted low 20% revenue growth vs. high 20% for 2Q. International sales went to crap with Russian invasion and China lockdowns. I think they underestimated the spending of middle to high income individuals and will show sizeable beat. Also their shoes launched in Nordstroms in June who themselves raised 2022 guidance beyond expectations during their 1Q call. I recently bought a pair and think they are the most comfortable sneakers I've owned.

I think Allbirds can become the Lululemon of shoes. Risk reward around $5 I think is good.
BaylorSpineGuy
If you bought GM with Diamond hands in the 1920s, you went bankrupt in the 80s and lost your investment. Not exactly a dump company either.

Good companies die. Have to be dynamic. Some companies are worth holding but Kodak croaked too. And it was a dividend aristocrat!

We doing the ZM thing tonight?
GreasenUSA
AG
BaylorSpineGuy said:

If you bought GM with Diamond hands in the 1920s, you went bankrupt in the 80s and lost your investment. Not exactly a dump company either.

Good companies die. Have to be dynamic. Some companies are worth holding but Kodak croaked too. And it was a dividend aristocrat!

We doing the ZM thing tonight?
According to 30K's message, he was assuming it would be tomorrow.
BaylorSpineGuy
Cool. Thanks! I assume someone will post link here when time comes…?
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I need to see if imdb will host again.
You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
I'm in. Earnings after close tomorrow. Spreads out a couple months? Maybe weeklies?
BaylorSpineGuy
Was curious if markets were gonna find our Senate's foolproof Inflation reduction act bullish or bearish? Initial futures move had markets down about 10 pts. Curious how the futures will move throughout the evening/night.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Can't really read into any futures move. We are failing so far to clear 4170 and at this point, I'd suspect false breakout.
irish pete ag06
AG
What time for tomorrow?
lobwedgephil
BaylorSpineGuy said:

Was curious if markets were gonna find our Senate's foolproof Inflation reduction act bullish or bearish? Initial futures move had markets down about 10 pts. Curious how the futures will move throughout the evening/night.
Initial move was a gap up surprisingly, which they sold off immediately. I am with 30k thinking likely false breakout, but no confirmation until below 4100.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Have any of you minted and sold an NFT?
Brewmaster
AG
Dan Scott said:

A stock to look at going forward is Allbirds (BIRD). Stock closed at $5.27 Friday. It went public at $15 in November. They have earnings tomorrow. Stock has been crushed because they forecasted low 20% revenue growth vs. high 20% for 2Q. International sales went to crap with Russian invasion and China lockdowns. I think they underestimated the spending of middle to high income individuals and will show sizeable beat. Also their shoes launched in Nordstroms in June who themselves raised 2022 guidance beyond expectations during their 1Q call. I recently bought a pair and think they are the most comfortable sneakers I've owned.

I think Allbirds can become the Lululemon of shoes. Risk reward around $5 I think is good.
very interesting... looks like it needs to break this downtrend and had a new low the end of June. that's a nice big green candle though on Friday, will be on my watch!

59 South
AG
Alight chaps, here is $ENVX. Earnings on Wednesday so don't touch until the dust settles. The way stocks have been acting recently on earnings, it is probably either going to gap down for an eventual good opportunity to enter, or it is going to gap and go nuts so entering prior to earnings is just gambling.

Simple text book chart here - a back test of the falling wedge breakout coinciding with rising 21 ema would make sense. It is very extended so wouldn't enter here.

Maybe a 1/4 position at 12.50 and another 1/4 position selling covered puts lower maybe at 10 out a few weeks.

Busy week for me so likely won't be able to check in until Thursday or Friday - y'all kill it this week!

If this post is on the B&I forum, lighten up it's just money!

Disclaimer: I'm not that smart.
oldarmy1
AG
The consolidation macro box is coning to an end. Time to be active.
Dan Scott
AG
$BBBY moving
GreasenUSA
AG
NVDA pre-announcing and guiding down changes the plan a bit for the morning. Lets see if the market shakes this off too.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Damn TQQQ just took a big hit.
E
AG
And AMD
FJ43

Sold 8/12 420c bought on Fridays dip for 65%

Bought Sept 20 VIX 28C @ 1.85
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

bmoochie
AG
no WWR love?!?!
First Page Last Page
Page 5602 of 6618

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.