Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

23,999,443 Views | 231603 Replies | Last: 22 min ago by CC09LawAg
Bonfire1996
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Who is telling the truth?
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
sts7049 said:

we broke down then reclaimed it now. that's a good sign

Let me trade above for a while.
You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
BourbonAg
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

Wtf is a harami pastry.
It's just a harami croissant.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
I got 1 0dte XSP call filled. Anything above 414.9 and I make money, less any fees which I honestly didn't look at.
SF2004
AG
Why is it easier to sell puts when we have selloffs for a bounce then doing the opposite at RSI +70/ATR +3?

I just don't get it. Things have been "overbought" for days and stay there. Yet when things dip and volatility spikes it feels easier to sell some puts and catch the sharp bounce after a couple of days.

Frustrating.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
SPX and QQQ getting back into yesterday's. So what does TSLA do now? Either a big green run to get back into the previous pattern or will we see continued selling as it breaks down out of the uptrend?
Brewmaster
AG
Bob Knights Liver said:

SPX and QQQ getting back into yesterday's. So what does TSLA do now? Either a big green run to get back into the previous pattern or will we see continued selling as it breaks down out of the uptrend?
TSLA lottos hitting, also several other names, PLTR even, lol.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Lovely recovery. Glad I bought the TQQQ dip.
Saltyag15
AG
Bulls are pushing hard trying to keep the rally alive!
Spoony Love
AG
Watching volume to see if it stays elevated. Not a huge amount of volume per say, but enough that if it stays here, we could rally into close.
Carlo4
AG
Looking to park a little money in military production stock as China has cut off all ties to the US today.

My mind goes to Lockheed Martin and Raytheon. Any others you recommend?
SF2004
AG
Carlo4 said:

Looking to park a little money in military production stock as China has cut off all ties to the US today.

If this was truly the case the market would be tanking as we wouldn't be able to buy our cheap Chinese crap.
Irish 2.0
Carlo4 said:

It is just the normal saber rattling. Nothing will come of it.
Brewmaster
AG
Carlo4 said:

yeah, we would be so lucky. yep, what Irish said.

back to trading! AMD looks super strong, nevermind! some hard pulls here
Carlo4
AG
Irish 2.0 said:

Carlo4 said:

It is just the normal saber rattling. Nothing will come of it.

Victim of the drudge headline, then.

Thanks
SF2004
AG
BREwmaster said:

Carlo4 said:

yeah, we would be so lucky. yep, what Irish said.

back to trading! AMD looks super strong, nevermind! some hard pulls here
Looking like my AMD trade will come to an end this month.

Between options and shares I will have made ~15% return on capital in 3 months.

Missed some upside with my calls sold but I'll take it.

Outstanding company that follows macro and technicals very well right now.
WestTexAg12
AG
Am I the only one who apparently doesn't understand this market right now?
Charlie Conway
WestTexAg12 said:

Am I the only one who apparently doesn't understand this market right now?
this is the stock market? I thought I was playing Rollercoaster Tycoon
WestTexAg12
AG
Went from red to green back to red real damn fast.
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
cptthunder said:

I know Farmer has been beating the OIL drum for some time now and I think its more then justified to add some more pure play natural gas guys to that list
NAtGas is over $8 again and alot of the bigger players earning have been supressed because of their hedges being way under spot price for the last two quarters. Those low hedges should start rolling off the second half of the year and we could see a major jump in earnings for the pure play gas players

*The S&D numbers still reflect fossil fuel demand going through the roof as I type.
*Remove those SPR releases and the crude S&D continues to be net short.
*The bottleneck will continue to be the refining end.
*Whether you're in the conspiracy camp or the government adjusts the numbers camp,...the EIA numbers are jacked up and it didn't help that EIA didn't report for 2 weeks in July because of voltage irregularities with their computer servers. (Yeah,...a U.S. Government computer system with voltage irregularities?)
*EIA is showing gasoline demand dropping
*Exxon, Chevron, Shell, BP, GasBuddy and the latest, the coveted Oxy + Warren Buffet claim they see no demand destruction (their words) and June sales were records.
*ARAMCO announced an oil price hike to American and Asian buyers
*This Administration "thinks" those SPR releases taking place until the end of Oct will depress gas pump prices when the "summer driving season demand" should be ending and the S&D comes back to a balance...and gets Dems re-elected. The S&D balance is not happening this year. Lack of O&G CAPEX investment over the last 3 years has put the industry in a position of not keeping up with basic growth. The thought that a recession will reduce demand (people not being able to afford to drive) and drop the pump price worked in previous recessions as the industry kept up with CAPEX investment for basic growth. This time the industry has not kept up.
*Germany is puckering over the lack of electricity, NatGas, and basically any fuel and now the Rhine River is going dry. Germany has led the EU from the start and if there ever was a chance for the EU to break up, this is it. It's man for himself in keeping your constituents warm this winter. Some countries just might want to break away from the lunacy of EU(Germany)renewables policy.

I posted months ago, there will be a buying opp this year, happens every off-presidential mid-term cycle for the last 60 years (except 2 times). You might wait until then to pick up some O&G. I think a small V recovery after the buying opp, then a dip and then a small Dec rally. I am holding my value stock positions for now.

When XOM signals a $95.00/$97.50 share price "I'll be looking at/monitoring" January 2024 Leaps either deep ITM or OTM - not sure which yet that I'll sell, no change in that strategy. I'll execute the same for my CVX position based on XOM giving me the signal. I think sitting out 2023 for me is my better choice. This Administration is able to create chaos, but the inflation led recession is real. I just want to be on the sideline as folks start to withdraw from equities at a slow bleed rate. As ProgN noted, equities aren't going to zero, but I want to cherry pick some through 2023 for a 2024 rally.

I sold January 2024 $200 AAPL Leap Calls at $13 earlier in the week. (Thanks to Irish 2.0 for AAPL info request I had)

This post is worth slightly less than what you just paid for it.

Gotta go check on some of those Sturgis Rally folks.

Have a great day!
BaylorSpineGuy
Harami cross but my fat fingers fat fingered cross or iPhone tried to get smart.

Puts on AAPL.
Diggity
AG
How does anyone still read Drudge?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Lovely recovery. Glad I bought the TQQQ dip.
**** me right in the ass.
Well,....boom.

Quote:

"What is more bearish to the market is this notion that gasoline demand is falling away; we think that's a very mistaken notion based on very crooked numbers from the DOE weekly data set... The way that the numbers are computed leaves significant room for error.

We are supposed to believe that in July, in the middle of driving season we are only using 8.6 million barrels per day. That would be down half a million barrels a day from May of this year; that would be below the Covid low of 2020.

So we ask all the refiners, we ask all the retailers, we ask everybody that reported earnings this season. Every single one of them tells you that their sales are not down materially from even pre-covid days. Some report record high sales."

Piper Sandler global energy strategist Adam Button

Be patient. Liars can figure and figures can lie, but if you torture the data long enough, it's bound to confess.
Lake08
Love to pick up AMZN round 132
GOOG at 112

Need a 4-5% haircut on this overbought market
Irish 2.0
I think you'll be able to get those cheaper before EOY
Lake08
Maybe, but I make my money on a week to week basis with calls, so unless the market tanks, I am good with my 3.5-5% per week.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
If anyone has too much LABU. Take a look.
Philip J Fry
AG
Anyone jump on the CNET train?
techno-ag
AG
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX said:

Well,....boom.

Quote:

"What is more bearish to the market is this notion that gasoline demand is falling away; we think that's a very mistaken notion based on very crooked numbers from the DOE weekly data set... The way that the numbers are computed leaves significant room for error.

We are supposed to believe that in July, in the middle of driving season we are only using 8.6 million barrels per day. That would be down half a million barrels a day from May of this year; that would be below the Covid low of 2020.

So we ask all the refiners, we ask all the retailers, we ask everybody that reported earnings this season. Every single one of them tells you that their sales are not down materially from even pre-covid days. Some report record high sales."

Be patient. Liars can figure and figures can lie, but if you torture the data long enough, it's bound to confess.
Someone is manipulating the market for the election, looks like.
techno-ag said:

Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX said:

Well,....boom.

Quote:

Someone is manipulating the market for the election, looks like.

Somehow the EIA current data shows people are driving less than during the same time period of the pandemic in 2020 when many were working from home or not working at all. While the industry data contributors to the EIA say demand for product is awesome and in some cases at record levels of demand. Somebody is speaking with forked tongue. EIA or API need a whistleblower to come forward.

You can always trust the U.S. Gov't. to be fair and honest. Elections are never rigged, vaccines always work as do masks, The Big Guy doesn't take bribes and Wuhan Labs don't leak.

Don't forget, MSM says demand destruction is here with slowing economy and high cost of fuel (Exxon man is bad..) no one is driving & gas pump price is lower - Biden saying, "Look, I did this!" .......... Then, the jobs report today says the economy is on fire, product demand is great, need people, we got jobs for everybody, hike the interest rate to slow things down - Biden saying, "Look, I did this!" So,...is the economy slowing or growing, I'm confused....how can Biden have it both ways?
BaylorSpineGuy
I think the jobs data supports a narrative. We are gonna enter a period of secular rate hikes to cool things off. If we don't, we will relive the mid 1970s.

Not sure if jobs data is real or not. But all the economic data seems supportive of their intent to raise rates.
South Platte
Everything seems like complete BS right now. Congrats to those of you who have committed to learning how to make money in this environment. The only really smart move I made was to go 100% cash in my 401k on 12/1, but I know at some point I need to start getting some of it back in, even if it goes down after I re-enter.

There seem to be some really bad situations on the horizon in Europe. China lockdown has it in the ****ter. But US markets are business as usual?

I have no useful evidence to back my "sky is falling" mentality, but I don't buy any of this rally.

$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I haven't posted about my webull account in a long time.

I rescued this from horrible trades in WWR and CLOV.

Brewmaster
AG
power hour time!

and Prog has been slacking, so here!

First Page Last Page
Page 5599 of 6618

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.