Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,004,738 Views | 231614 Replies | Last: 2 min ago by El_duderino
Irish 2.0
How long do you want to ignore this user?
2023 will be too late. They're going to lose the House
Bob Knights Paper Hands
If they can declare a state of emergency on something, they'll just do it through executive order. No need to waste time with Congress on this.
Buck Compton
AG
Irish 2.0 said:

I mean for anything that isn't student loan forgiveness. Any other stimulus or dollar promises won't get passed. Besides, aren't payments still suspended? So that would be more of a long-term move than any immediate shot in the arm to spending power. People have already been spending that money.

The bullet has already been fired.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I don't see how student loan debt can be forgiven. It's $2T - and what about the responsible people that paid for their student loans?

I am supportive of college being 'free'. I think an educated workforce is the most valuable thing America can have to remain competitive with China. Obviously there should be stipulations like you pay if you don't finish, have to go to a state school, and so on. Much better than a UBI.
You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
Buck Compton
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

I don't see how student loan debt can be forgiven. It's $2T - and what about the responsible people that paid for their student loans?

I am supportive of college being 'free'. I think an educated workforce is the most valuable thing America can have to remain competitive with China. Obviously there should be stipulations like you pay if you don't finish, have to go to a state school, and so on. Much better than a UBI.
Agreed. But in their last proposal they just said anyone with outstanding loans gets $xx,xxx forgiven. Re-financed to private loans? Tough ***** Were responsible and made sacrifices to pay your own? Tough *****

Free education just further separates the haves from the have nots. Look no further than anywhere it's been tried or the differences between the majority of private and public high schools. There are some exceptions but as a general rule, they're very different in terms of education quality.

My roommate in business school was from Uruguay and they have "free college" down there. He still ended up paying to go to one of the good ones. But student loans aren't available. So only the haves can pay to go to those top tier schools now. He was very vehemently against that model. At least now you take on some personal risk to get that education and at least in theory have some skin in the game.

But I wouldn't put some kind of bulk forgiveness past them.
sts7049
AG
Bob Knights Liver said:

If they can declare a state of emergency on something, they'll just do it through executive order. No need to waste time with Congress on this.
this is all our government does anymore, on both sides
ProgN
Yep, and it needs to end for both sides. IIRC, Clarence Thomas or another SCOTUS judge has alluded to the fact that he's looking forward to hearing a case regarding executive order overreach and put a stake in them once and for all.

The same needs to happen for governors as well. It's no secret I'm conservative, but I lit Abbott up in daily emails calling him out for his overreach and shutting down businesses by decree. Even though, my businesses were deemed "essential" and I benefitted from it, I unleashed on Abbott because my neighbors were suffering and losing their businesses. **** EO's at any level, IDGAF what reasoning they use to justify it.
irish pete ag06
AG
Convention of States!

Probably a pipe dream.
Bonfire1996
AG
Re: Free college -

If you make college free, and more people attend, there will need to be a re-establishing of the minimum standards for professional careers. The only way to do that is make graduate degrees required. Then, people are starting their working careers even later in their 20s.

College is as much a weeding out of the unprepared and unserious workforce as it is a place of learning. Want to be cut out for the grind of career development? Go spend your first four years away from your parents partying your balls off but still being disciplined enough to get semi decent grades and graduate. That's what college is, a perseverance and priority test.

Make college free and you take away part of the perseverance and priority test.

Making college free is a bad idea for the future of America.
Ragoo
AG
Yep. We have too many colleges as it is.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Completely disagree, but I won't convince you.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
My wife expressed disbelief to me a minute ago that I wasn't tracking some US political issue. I told her "oh yeah, I bet you don't know what Tesla closed at today".
BaylorSpineGuy
Speaking of TSLA, two straight shooting star doji'sAt end of a long advance. One red, one green. Anyone else thinking a reversal is in order?
planoaggie123
AG
Requirements to work on campus, maintain certain GPA and required to finish or pay penalty…..things like that and I can get behind free/reduced college price.

Also, let's not forget about trade schools which are lower cost and can provide a solid living for many.
lobwedgephil
2 shooting stars is typically bullish continuation pattern. But only like 60%.
BaylorSpineGuy
Didn't know if it was more typical of the cup with handle continuation or reversal at the resistance? It's failed to advance through that 900-920 range and hold the price.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Tsla is +3 ATR. Odds favor down to sideways trading.
Brewmaster
AG
Irish 2.0 said:

yep, in a landslide!
lobwedgephil
What is HKD's ATR?
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
lobwedgephil said:

What is HKD's ATR?

Infinity? I've never seen anything like this.
Brewmaster
AG
planoaggie123 said:

Requirements to work on campus, maintain certain GPA and required to finish or pay penalty…..things like that and I can get behind free/reduced college price.

Also, let's not forget about trade schools which are lower cost and can provide a solid living for many.
I was just thinking this. They can provide a GREAT living for many, depending on the field they go into. I have a guy that does cad work for me on the side. He started out after high school driving 18 wheelers, got burned out, went to trade school for cad, now works for a big engineering firm and does pretty well. His work for me is just for vacation and fun money.

and he's one of the hardest working, best attention to detail guys I've ever had. (and I've had quite a few interns from A&M) - most of the ones I got were really lacking on attention to detail and literally just following instructions (save for 1 from East Texas). My current part timer is also from East Texas. Must be something about those hard working country boys!

sorry for the novel! Let's make some money!

lobwedgephil
Yeah, freaking crazy.
Philip J Fry
AG

Thought this was interesting. This latest rally isn't that big from a % standpoint, but from the standpoint of # of stocks that it brought over 120 ema line, it was fricken huge!
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

Should I do it?

Username checks out
Also doin the Lord's work. Sabbatical 30k is the best 30k!
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Bought a couple spy 412c this morning for .92 and .98, then when pelosi landed safely sold 413c against them for 1.66 each.
Happy with that but in the morning i get to decide if i want to buy back the short calls for cheap, close the spreads for whatever i can get, or let them ride. Since I'm a degenerate I'm leaning toward buying back the short calls but if i want to play long the smart money would be to pick a fresh strike based on the morning's price action...
Aggie118
AG
Do we think $CEI has a chance of making a come back?
Ragoo
AG
I'd really like to see a sell off in Tesla
Spoony Love
AG
SPY run to 413 again today?
Saltyag15
AG
PYPL had pretty good earnings yesterday. Price target increases all over the place. It's been waayyy in the dumper all of this year. Nice to see a rebound.
Barty Dont Hedge
APPS getting ready to go? Gap fill play to $25?
Spoony Love
AG
Oh, nice catch there. The gap down was to 22.5 and it looks like it's trying to complete the bottom. I'll be watching the open but a 8/12 25c is only .58 before open. Sounds like a cheap try.
mc_shipman

From yesterday in regards to $APPS.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Ragoo said:

I'd really like to see a sell off in Tesla

It looks like it's going to open above all major MAs and the upper BB today. This would be prime for a pullback. Otherwise I think it has $955.50 in it's sites.
Irish 2.0
Keep your eyes on the SPY 409.5 is the 5DMA
cptthunder
$CWH knocked it out of the park and is rocking to the tune of a dark green 18% right now
Gapped up and pushed over the 200 EMA as of right now
First Page Last Page
Page 5591 of 6618

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.