Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,004,891 Views | 231614 Replies | Last: 8 min ago by El_duderino
BaylorSpineGuy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Isn't 100% a double? 3.4 would be 100%, no?
wanderer
BREwmaster said:

BaylorSpineGuy said:

Closed my HD puts. 1.7 > 4.25. 150%. Will take it.
well done doc! but, 250% per my maths!
4.25 is a 150% increase of 1.7
Brewmaster
AG
yep, n/m I'm a dumbass. I was just taking 4.25/ 1.7 = 2.50. 4.25 being 2.5x his entry price
BaylorSpineGuy
BREwmaster said:

yep, n/m I'm a dumbass. I was just taking 4.25/ 1.7 = 2.50. 4.25 being 2.5x his entry price

Also true!
Swollen Thumb
AG
At some level, everyone has to make an educated guess and noone is correct all the time. But I very much appreciate the insight these posts provide. We are in unprecedented times and every educated opinion is a valuable, even (or should I say, especially) when they differ.

BaylorSpineGuy
If anyone followed me on SARK, I'm up 5% since buying shares on Friday.
HoustonAg2014
AG
cryption said:

give it a couple days to update chains, but also do you still have enough shares to sell CCs?

Unfortunately yes. It was nice to get the 1% CC premium a week for a while but that's all gone now after today
Chef Elko
AG
3920 holding
texagbeliever
Danwell Home said:

3920 holding
AMZN looks prime for another drop. I think 3920 might have been just a consolidate bounce up. Well that was wrong. AMZN getting back to 116 again.
texagbeliever
JPM had a massive purchase between 11:10 - 11:20. 20 x the normal volume for a middle of the day. 2 MM vs 100k for that 10 minute period.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Hit a couple more buy limits.

UPRO - $38.70
GOOGL - $105

Averaged down to $108.62 on GOOGL with still 30 more shares I'd like to buy. Are we thinking $100? My next one is at $103 but thinking about adjusting down.
BaylorSpineGuy
texagbeliever said:

JPM had a massive purchase between 11:10 - 11:20. 20 x the normal volume for a middle of the day. 2 MM vs 100k for that 10 minute period.

My bad. My finger slipped.

I'm all seriousness, that chart is in no man's land, IMO. Large gaps above and smaller gaps below. I made good money on JPM in last couple months but it's not easy to call right now. My suspicion is down because no rally/recession will come to an end without the banks ready to run, but with gaps all over the place, tread carefully!
texagbeliever
GOOG's earnings are after close today. For me, based on the general negative consensus for things not TSLA, I'd be worried some bad news could result in a gap down.
texagbeliever
Anyone think CWH might be prime for a dump? It is sitting relatively high at $26 above 50,21 & 8 day EMAs. Higher interest rates, likely over-saturated market from covid boom, higher gas prices, plus a recession should be trouble for RV company.
texagbeliever
Looking at the JPM chart it is rejecting pretty hard at the top of its channel (looking at 10 min). Interesting to see how the next 5 mins play out. I think market overall falls around the same time.

CWH could have the "falling 3 method" forming on the 10 min chart. The first big red followed by 3 small green candles is complete. Will need the final red candle to show up between 1:40-1:50. Didn't happen
BaylorSpineGuy
Yes you're right. It's struggled to break above $115 for a while now and close above that range. There is a gap 105-106 and another gap in the high 80s.

texagbeliever
What looked like maybe an inverse hammer for SPY/SPX/QQQ looks to be rejected on the 10 min chart. With the following candle red and a lower low.

On the radar: could be a sell off into earnings...
AMZN below 115
GOOG testing 105?
MSFT retesting 250
AAPL testing 152
SPX testing 3920

1:30pm update: All of the above have broken down. JPM also honorable mention broke below 113.5 which was its resistance earlier today.
Txducker
AG
qqq has been rejected multiple times 295.60-70. I had 295.70 as weekly high from 7/07 being past resistance. sqqq has been my friend today. Option premiums high, not trading those today.
khkman22
AG
BaylorSpineGuy said:

BREwmaster said:

Also true!
To be fair, he was told there would be no math.
Txducker
AG
texagbeliever said:

Anyone think CWH might be prime for a dump? It is sitting relatively high at $26 above 50,21 & 8 day EMAs. Higher interest rates, likely over-saturated market from covid boom, higher gas prices, plus a recession should be trouble for RV company.
I was looking at CWH this morning also when I saw its 9% dividend yield and p/e ratio not outrageous. What scared me off was looking at its financials. It is highly leveraged with lots of inventory on its books which is probably backing up in this recession. Target, Walmart, and other retailers also had the same problem with inventory and the market punished them for it. I worry about CWH getting in a cash problem with them being so highly leveraged and declining sales.
texagbeliever
I don't think TSLA is moving anywhere any time soon, but if it drops below 763 i figure it is highly likely to magnet to 752 and fill that gap.
austinAG90
AG
LMCane said:

BaylorSpineGuy said:

Good morning! A question for you: you talk about QT replacing QE, but the Fed balance sheet is actually up since June if you look at the nyfed SOMA website.

Is this an accurate source for the Fed balance sheet? Seems they aren't tightening at all despite the language…

Would appreciate your insight.
You mean the Fed is saying one thing to the public but doing the opposite in private?

I'm in shock!!

Relax the numbers are lagging. They just got started the run off….
BaylorSpineGuy
Put volume high on MSFT. 17K vol on 4700 OI on the 240P strike.

High vol too on 260C (19.7K against 8200 OI).
texagbeliever
BaylorSpineGuy said:

Put volume high on MSFT. 17K vol on 4700 OI on the 240P strike.

High vol too on 260C (19.7K against 8200 OI).
if MSFT goes to 240 I'd rather have puts on some other tech stock without earnings this week. QQQ would get dragged down hard.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Little pump into close. Cmon goog make us proud!
BaylorSpineGuy
Charismatic Megafauna said:

Little pump into close. Cmon goog make us proud!

wanderer
Odd action on a once popular board turd

MBIO
SF2004
AG
$GOOGL controls the market here.

I don't think ad revenue is going to be good.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
You're like the bear yang to my bull ying
Heineken-Ashi
That's a red beer candle officially. We're out of our short term longs. The goal was to ride the green trend and we did. Don't get cute. Wait for the new trend to show itself.
“Give it hell Heinekandle, I’m enjoying it.”
- Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX

“No secure borders, no alpha military, no energy independence, no leadership and most of all no mean tweets - this is the worst trade I’ve ever witnessed in my lifetime. ***Put that quote in your quote/signature section HeinendKandle*** LOL!”
- also Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX (obviously in a worse mood)
texagbeliever
SF2004 said:

$GOOGL controls the market here.

I don't think ad revenue is going to be good.
MSFT is a more highly traded (in $s traded on a day).

GOOG & MSFT both missed on earnings and revenue. GOOG slightly more so than MSFT. Not sure why GOOG is green AHs.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
GOOGL $1.21 EPS vs $1.30 expected

And yet it's running?
Saltyag15
AG
Like a spotted ass ape. For now. Weird!
BaylorSpineGuy
GOOG/MSFT both had earnings and revenue misses.

FOMC matters a bunch but this does not bode well for the market. I imagine guidance won't be flowery.
BaylorSpineGuy
Possible retrace of recent highs?
First Page Last Page
Page 5575 of 6618

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.