Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,016,336 Views | 231616 Replies | Last: 49 min ago by ProgN
Charismatic Megafauna
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Charismatic Megafauna said:

Bought a couple crwd sept 2 220c for $5
Edit: and another couple at $4. Some lucky ******* got some at 2.47. I think these just became available today

Yahoo finance doesn't show these yet, will be pretty popular if they announce earnings date (and its before 9/2)
Thriller
AG
Exited a couple of longs/swings today in TSLA and BA when they hit comfortable profit levels. Anything catching your eye for a long/swing?

Maybe in the same category - anything you are looking at for selling CCs lately? Not looking for home runs, I'm fine with singles and doubles.
Jet Black
UVXY under $12
gougler08
AG
59 South said:

Actually pretty decent. Never had a Portuguese beer but the wine is very underrated
Wine was great, especially the green wine
Brewmaster
AG
gougler08 said:

59 South said:

Actually pretty decent. Never had a Portuguese beer but the wine is very underrated
Wine was great, especially the green wine
a good Vino Verde is hard to beat in the summer
Brewmaster
AG
irish pete ag06 said:

I know my blow up 2 days ago is old news, but that's what was so frustrating after the fact.

Every fiber of my brain was telling me the bulls had control... the movement over the 50 day was a big part of it. But my emotion over ruled it.
Remember Ripster's tweet about the amateur move? It's been several months, but it was basically to fade the opening move.

There are great scalps to be had off of it. Today was no exception. Biden has Covid! sell, sell sell! then suddenly the next headline is, Biden has mild symptoms and is being given a Pfizer drug that cures covid and makes him fart rainbows.

Buy, buy buy!

I like to watch for between 9:30 and 10:00 for my entry. closer to 10 is safer, but 9:30 was money today. The first arrow was roughly where I entered. The 2nd arrow I took some off (1/2). I had 7/25 400C's though until we crushed the premarket high.

the 3rd arrow looks great for another scalp. I was on the bike during that pullback, but that's a beautiful W pattern there.

Sorry, I know you know a lot of this, just putting it all out there for all to see too.
Golf1
AG
Anyone have any thoughts on GOOGL? I'm long in it but I'm not sure if it will keep holding this $114 price. I'd like to see it in the $116-$117 before I sell but I keep seeing the market reach higher highs and this is just sitting still.
Golf1
AG
Well I've never seen something drop so fast…
Your Mom And Them
Golf1 said:

Yeah....what the heck just happened with AMZN and GOOG???!!??
Golf1
AG
I believe SNAP reported bad earnings, which makes 0 sense to me on why it would hurt stocks like google and Amazon so bad.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Just trying to trigger stops after that awesome close. Is snap even relevant anymore?
Talon2DSO
AG
Your Mom And Them said:

Golf1 said:

Yeah....what the heck just happened with AMZN and GOOG???!!??

The stock split happened. GOOGL was a 20 to 1 dtock split. Can't remember amzn
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Opened a small SQQQ position on my Roth at $44.23.

Looking like a good decision right now...
Saltyag15
AG
Yeah GOOG took a grumpy AH...no news that I have seen.
irish pete ag06
AG
All discussion is good. Confluence amongst minds helps!
Thriller
AG
The answer for Google can be found in the Snapchat results. Ad revenue missed and will continue to miss going forward in the current environment. The same line can likely be drawn to Google with respect to ad spending.

I don't know enough about Amazon's business to know if ad spending is a big portion of their business. If it is, then you likely will see the same story on their call.

Meta is down AH as well - these are just moves pricing in similar themes for companies that depend on ad revenue in a time when ad revenue is one of the first expenses to be cut.

IMO, of course.
FJ43

Market bullish = thread post count up.

Keep it up gents! Love the evening reading.

Decided to read a bit on Premium and man the bleeders on that. Sheesh. Get a grip people.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

GreasenUSA
AG
FJ43 said:

Decided to read a bit on Premium and man the bleeders on that. Sheesh. Get a grip people.
It's been miserable for weeks. A bunch of whiners who have to post every negative thought that pops into their heads.
Bnels1323
AG
If I am looking to learn how to analyze stocks, how would y'all suggest I learn? What software do y'all use to do analysis? Also, what is the best way to learn how to trade option? Thanks
Brewmaster
AG
Golf1 said:

I believe SNAP reported bad earnings, which makes 0 sense to me on why it would hurt stocks like google and Amazon so bad.
Brewmaster
AG
irish pete ag06 said:

All discussion is good. Confluence amongst minds helps!
I also scalped Monday exp calls (near the money) a few times today. The 400 7/25 exp I held the longest since I had a great entry and the expiration was farthest out (plus of course the trend was up up up).
Thriller
AG
GreasenUSA said:

FJ43 said:

It's been miserable for weeks. A bunch of whiners who have to post every negative thought that pops into their heads.
But man, the video content this week has certainly scratched an itch.

Can't wait for football, the first cool front of the year, and bourbon by the fire pit in the evenings.
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
Charismatic Megafauna said:

Farmer
Thoughts on T earnings?
Beat, down 7%
Ouch
*T is fine.
*Projection of Free Cash Flow moving downward from $16 billion to $14 billion is fine. This QTR FCF was $1.4 vs analysts expectation of $4.7. So, FCF did not cover dividend this Q2.
*On track to deliver $4 billion of restructuring savings of $6 billion promised.
*Investing in core business
*Nothing new here from me......CEO John Stankey needs to stay off TV - OR - buy a Corporate Communications Staff to help Stankey message (what they have doesn't work or Stankey is not listening) - OR - face the music, fire Stankey because he is not liked and I'm not sure he can recover, BUT it's Institutional shareholder votes that is keeping this corporate leadership team in place. Fire the BoD too. There's an Aggie on it, but she needs to go with the rest. T is a great company and it's led by very poor leadership. It's sad. This leadership cannot sink this company. Stankey has a tarnished label.
*T is $415MM in assets against $289MM in liabilities.
*If someone tells you that T is going to cut the dividend again,...have a good laugh. T Leadership states they are focused on core biz. As long as they do not vary from that focus, it's all good.
*T noted customers are beginning to slow pay. T noted, they will get paid. True statement. It's good to get paid in economic times like these.
*This is a long term hold for me.
irish pete ag06
AG
Thriller said:

GreasenUSA said:

FJ43 said:

But man, the video content this week has certainly scratched an itch.

Can't wait for football, the first cool front of the year, and bourbon by the fire pit in the evenings.

Bob Knights Paper Hands
Bnels1323 said:

If I am looking to learn how to analyze stocks, how would y'all suggest I learn? What software do y'all use to do analysis? Also, what is the best way to learn how to trade option? Thanks

Take a look at the links and book suggestions on page 1 of this thread. For software, your brokerage firm will likely be the path to start with. Take a look at IBKR, Think or Swim, or Active Trader Pro softwares. I'd stay away from the Robinhood and the like for a broker.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Trading board party at Thrillers fire pit in Oct or Nov!
Thriller
AG
Bob Knights Liver said:

Trading board party at Thrillers fire pit in Oct or Nov!
If you find yourself in Denver, it's on!
irish pete ag06
AG

What are yal's thoughts on this idea.
lobwedgephil
Never a bad idea in a down trending market. We hit resistance today, may pause, likely pull back some. Should be able to make at least one more strong run in August, before Sept/Oct volatility rolls in.
Dirt 05
AG
DHR!!!!!
Thanks for the good day!
Bonfire1996
AG
Thriller said:

The answer for Google can be found in the Snapchat results. Ad revenue missed and will continue to miss going forward in the current environment. The same line can likely be drawn to Google with respect to ad spending.

I don't know enough about Amazon's business to know if ad spending is a big portion of their business. If it is, then you likely will see the same story on their call.

Meta is down AH as well - these are just moves pricing in similar themes for companies that depend on ad revenue in a time when ad revenue is one of the first expenses to be cut.

IMO, of course.
The really smart folks know that the more accurate reason SNAP sucked balls is because TikTok is dominating their share. While ad spend is a great metric, the real reason snap dropped ad spend was companies transferred their spend to TikTok.

Buy every GOOGL share you can under $125 with conviction.
lobwedgephil
I agree with you, think they are undervalued. Not everyone agrees.

Thriller
AG
Bonfire1996 said:

Thriller said:

IMO, of course.
The really smart folks know that the more accurate reason SNAP sucked balls is because TikTok is dominating their share. While ad spend is a great metric, the real reason snap dropped ad spend was companies transferred their spend to TikTok.

I have no reason to doubt you, but how would an ordinary individual investor gain access to such information? Thanks for the input.
ProgN
FJ43 said:

Market bullish = thread post count up.

Keep it up gents! Love the evening reading.

Saw this today and was reminded of you being short.
ProgN
Bonfire1996 said:

Thriller said:

IMO, of course.

Is FSLY still Tik Tok's main conduit? I've been monitoring FSLY closely at this level.
First Page Last Page
Page 5569 of 6618

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.