Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,024,131 Views | 231616 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by ProgN
FJ43
How long do you want to ignore this user?

He lives!

(That's you 30k)

Keep up the education on the board.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

FJ43
FJ43 said:

Bought SPY 388P. Trade only.
Didn't get the pullback I was thinking. Cut these for the L on the mini dip. Sold calls early the other day based on SRs but exited with my target.

Next trade. Not going to break my rules. Sometimes I'm wrong.

FWIW....I'm short again. Will it work?
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.

$30,000 Millionaire
AG
FJ43 said:

He lives!

(That's you 30k)

Well, it's 108 today and i had some time to kill, so figured why not at least get some lunch money trading.
You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
FJ43
FJ43 said:

SHOP

Earnings coming up on 8/2. Missed last time. Looks like a lot of consolidation in this range.

On my radar.

Moved 12% today. So did a lot of others.

Notice close of 50EMA. But no big volume and upper box.

Worth keeping an eye on IMO

sts7049
AG
I'm focusing mostly on Mancinis levels with MES. that's been a big help for me, plus if I want to look at say TSLA or AMD I will also see where we are vs the levels. it helps me think about possible directions
FJ43

Enjoyed catching up and reading the board tonight. Great to see so many sharing their wins/losses, knowledge gained from real experience, tips, strategies and most of all the humility shared.

Great stuff. Keep it up gents!

irish pete ag06
AG

4 out of 6 here on my big loser.
ProgN
FJ43 said:

FWIW....I'm short again. Will it work?
As long as your bride is happy, then yes.
ProgN
$30,000 Millionaire said:

FJ43 said:

He lives!

(That's you 30k)

Well, it's 108 today and i had some time to kill, so figured why not at least get some lunch money trading.

Was this you today?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Re: our biggest ****ups...

I averaged down on ROKU for months until finally giving up pretty much near the bottom. If the averaging down wasn't bad enough, my timing on the exit was even worse.

With all said and done I finished nearly $25k in the hole across my two accounts for around -50%.

For all the profits I've made since I got into trading leveraged, I still haven't even made enough to cover those losses.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
That said, that was the main reason I am trying to get more disciplined in my trading. Very expensive lesson learned and hopefully it will end up being a net positive for me.
Tabasco
AG
Ragoo said:

Tabasco said:

Ragoo said:

TSLA is suck a freaking cock tease.
What happened?
shot up to 778 then sold off back to the close.

Chart I see shows daily high 751. What am I missing?
ProgN
Brian Earl Spilner said:

I averaged down on ROKU for months until finally giving up pretty much near the bottom. If the averaging down wasn't bad enough, my timing on the exit was even worse.

With all said and done I finished nearly $25k in the hole across my two accounts for around -50%.

For all the profits I've made since I got into trading leveraged, I still haven't even made enough to cover those losses.
You learned from a past mistake, that is what's most important. We all have done that and the most painful lessons are the ones that take hold the most. You accepted, adapted and rebuilding, which is good, we've all done that. My best advice is to remain focused on how you're trading now and don't EVER try to make it up in one trade. For every one you hit, 9 will crash and burn.

Not singling out IrishPete, but learn from the mistake that he's posted today and take it to heart. Learn from the experience that he posted today because he shared it in the hope that others will avoid it. He let success cloud his judgement and violated his own rules, but I'm confident he learned from it, which will benefit him a ton in the long run.

This isn't a criticism of him and like 30K said, everyone has done it.
irish pete ag06
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

I'm still in the red too since I started "actively trading" in or around December of 2020.
irish pete ag06
AG
Sincerely, thanks for taking the time to respond and share your knowledge. And I hope your time away has been amazing.

All of my logic was screaming at me to cut, the chart was screaming bullish and we were going to make new highs and I needed to bail, but my ego/emotion was thinking what if I'm wrong. Damn fomo.

I had the 16 in my order manager down there ready to sell but missed it by 1 cent.

I took this screen shot for some reason. Wow what a keep sake.
irish pete ag06
AG
Not taken that way at all. This thread is my trading journal/therapy and I meant it when I said I was gonna share the good, the bad, and the ugly starting back in May.

I plan to continue. It's helping me grow.
irish pete ag06
AG
Do you have after hours on?
texagbeliever
Tabasco said:

Ragoo said:

Tabasco said:

Ragoo said:

What happened?

Chart I see shows daily high 751. What am I missing?

After hours trading versus market hours. It ran up after the earnings news.
irish pete ag06
AG
Glad you're back in here more regularly!
Tabasco
AG
irish pete ag06 said:

Do you have after hours on?

I was looking on my phone and considered that, but I assumed I were talking about the day. Understand now
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Lol. Just a day I had nothing planned.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
irish pete ag06 said:

Sincerely, thanks for taking the time to respond and share your knowledge. And I hope your time away has been amazing.

All of my logic was screaming at me to cut, the chart was screaming bullish and we were going to make new highs and I needed to bail, but my ego/emotion was thinking what if I'm wrong. Damn fomo.

I had the 16 in my order manager down there ready to sell but missed it by 1 cent.

I took this screen shot for some reason. Wow what a keep sake.

You were trying to short?!?! Dude, you are crazy. No no no no no. Market is clearly bull leaning right now. Under 3920 or 3890 to lean short.
Heineken-Ashi
Heineken-Ashi said:

Just as we hoped and previously outlined.. this week is playing like green weeks prior. First trend is now clearly broken (red), we've gotten multiple days of continuation, and we're going to ride it up until we get a double wick beer candle or a red reversal beer candle.

https://i.imgur.com/feIAOTE.jpg

Trade responsibly

https://i.pinimg.com/474x/82/82/ec/8282ecb38cc71b4c5799143e66eeaa54--beer-poster-heineken.jpg
That sound you hear..

That's the cold refreshing taste of sweet joy.

https://i.imgur.com/5F0hJZs.png

Yet another continuation candle, as expected. And when the beer candle finishes above the previous day's body, we like that even more. As with previous days, we look for another continuation day and start to plan our exits above 4000 where we can clearly see a major market resistance point coming into play. But on the daily, as long as the candle is green and there is no lower wick, we are looking up.

https://i.etsystatic.com/6958638/r/il/ef850b/921859168/il_794xN.921859168_ompr.jpg
sts7049
AG
who are you?
FJ43
sts7049
AG
Ragoo said:

Tabasco said:

Ragoo said:

What happened?
looks like it's recovered again, but bouncing off the same resistance line. if it breaks through 770ish it might take off.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Starting to run a bit in pre.
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
sts7049 said:

who are you?
Clearly the Heinekandle.

Give it hell Heinekandle, I'm enjoying it.
Spoony Love
AG

Let's see if it climbs back up.
AgEng06
AG
sts7049 said:

who are you?

Right? I thought trading tips and beer ads were 59South's game.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
2 comments since we're in self help mode:

Make a simple compounding spreadsheet with dates or months or whatever, start with your trading account balance and see what the numbers do with a consistent 2% a week or whatever. They say our brains aren't wired to understand compound interest so we have to constantly use tricks to fool it or at least remind it

Capital preservation is #1. Preserve your capital like your future depends on it, because it does. Dude i learned a lot from early on made a good point once: he said if he buys that big tv, expensive car, etc (in this case it could be a risky overweight options play) he just fired himself, he no longer works for himself but has to depend on someone else for his working capital. That has struck a chord with me
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Bought a couple crwd sept 2 220c for $5
Edit: and another couple at $4. Some lucky ******* got some at 2.47. I think these just became available today
BaylorSpineGuy
SPY gap on daily will close at 401.44. Been pretty choppy and starting to look a little toppy. Market indecision yesterday so be ready for reversal today.
SF2004
AG
Market might need to cool off today. A lot of stocks need to come back closer to the 10 day before continuing.

I do not think we will break down below most 10 days.
ProgN
President Biden tests positive for Covid-19, has mild symptoms (cnbc.com)
First Page Last Page
Page 5567 of 6618

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.