Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,027,542 Views | 231616 Replies | Last: 7 hrs ago by ProgN
Dan Scott
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The COVID low was took the market back to the levels at Trump's inauguration. Today we've reached the Biden inauguration level.
Chef Elko
AG
Decent amount of money sidelined. Looking at selling puts <3 months out if ARKK hits $35 in addition to buying at $30 if it ever gets that low. Some of these stocks are below their prepandemic price.
texagbeliever
AAPL, MSFT, TSLA look to be in prime position for breakouts up. See if AAPL gets 134.5
Premium
AG
Tesla at $640. This seems like a no brainer buying opportunity, adding time, what am I missing?
TChaney
$30,000 Millionaire said:

I tend to think they won't want to pay all these puts and will bounce some.
So if we totally ignore charts and they are able to stay in control then the target price would be to close at ~385.01 or all the way to ~390.01. The latter not being very likely but still possible.
XXXVII
Dan Scott said:

The COVID low was took the market back to the levels at Trump's inauguration. Today we've reached the Biden inauguration level.

The COVID low took out about 3 years of gains. We're only at 1.5 years of gains being wiped out. If we go back three years, we'd be at about SPX = $3000 which is what Deutsche Bank was predicting for this recession.

Was their prediction as simple as that (lol if true), or is there more to it?
LMCane
Premium said:

Tesla at $640. This seems like a no brainer buying opportunity, adding time, what am I missing?
I bought another share this morning after one yesterday.

the only consideration is that the 52 week low is around $537 so obviously we could retrace.

but as I am a long term investor- if Tesla doesn't eventually reach back to $1000 we have probably collapsed as a country.
texagbeliever
MSFT: 250
AAPL: 134.2

2 trend lines i have to knock out with room to run after.

SPY 384.7 as next resistance point.
LMCane
XXXVII said:

Dan Scott said:

The COVID low took out about 3 years of gains. We're only at 1.5 years of gains being wiped out. If we go back three years, we'd be at about SPX = $3000 which is what Deutsche Bank was predicting for this recession.

the thing is that the COVID low only lasted for what- about 2 months?

not like in 2008 or after the late 1999-2000 crash which took years to recover.
LMCane
sts7049 said:

explain how you think this is a specific cause when SPX is down about 100 points today. about the only thing green is VIX
commodities up in the green bigly today as well.
Chef Elko
AG
Premium said:

The deep state aims to tank Tesla's share price as a way to thwart Elon's bid for Twitter.

Jk… but maybe so
Carnwellag2
LMCane said:

sts7049 said:

explain how you think this is a specific cause when SPX is down about 100 points today. about the only thing green is VIX
commodities up in the green bigly today as well.
which ones?
texagbeliever
texagbeliever said:

MSFT: 250
AAPL: 134.2

2 trend lines i have to knock out with room to run after.

SPY 384.7 as next resistance point.
So MFST & AAPL appear to be on these new downtrend lines. More gradual. Hoping they consolidate for a bit waiting to knock out 384 on SPY as well.
aggiedaniel06
AG

Here is one of my faves

Ag CPA
AG
For those of you experiencing your first real bear market (2020 does not count) the thing that crushes souls is not necessarily the market drops; yes most stocks will eventually recover and you will get your money back and make some more. It is the passage of time, the agonizing amount of time it can take to bottom out, slowly move back up, go back down again... This reversal could take years, like it did in 2000 and 2008 and waiting around while your dreams turn into years is demoralizing.

Anyways, happy Friday.
BaylorSpineGuy
Closed JPM puts for 50% gain. Could hold longer but trying to consolidate gains. Big gap from 105-110. May go back to the well until that baby closes.
Fredd
AG
Ag CPA said:

For those of you experiencing your first real bear market (2020 does not count) the thing that crushes souls is not necessarily the market drops; yes most stocks will eventually recover and you will get your money back and make some more. It is the passage of time, the agonizing amount of time it can take to bottom out, slowly move back up, go back down again... This reversal could take years, like it did in 2000 and 2008 and waiting around while your dreams turn into years is demoralizing.

Anyways, happy Friday.

Phat32
AG
XXXVII
Ag CPA said:

Anyways, happy Friday.

Unfortunately I think you're right about how this will play out. Probably no sense in trying to time the bottom because this likely won't recover quickly like with COVID. You could probably argue that the COVID recovery was fake due to the stimulus going into the market.
AgOutsideAustin
AG
LMCane said:

XXXVII said:

Dan Scott said:

the thing is that the COVID low only lasted for what- about 2 months?

not like in 2008 or after the late 1999-2000 crash which took years to recover.

Yep both times cost me roughly 35%.
Ag13
AG
LMCane said:

Premium said:

I bought another share this morning after one yesterday.

the only consideration is that the 52 week low is around $537 so obviously we could retrace.

but as I am a long term investor- if Tesla doesn't eventually reach back to $1000 we have probably collapsed as a country.
That's a strange assumption and not a good mindset at all. I would not base the future success of the country on whether or not an extremely controversial and volatile stock that still has a P/E of 86 can rise 56%+.

There's also a great chance that Tesla is simply extremely overvalued and still has a long way to fall. For all of 2019, it traded under $100 (split-adjusted). So declaring that it should now be at least $1,000 is based on what exactly?

I like what Elon is supposedly trying to do for free speech on twitter but let's not overlook the fact that it was also an extremely great excuse to sell a whole lot of Tesla shares.
texagbeliever
If MSFT can bounce off 248 again here, AAPL will break free.
utah, get me two
I'm losing money
Philip J Fry
AG
Well, I called the 11000 being the bottom. Hold on to your asses. If this doesn't hold….next support I see is pretty far away.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
I wasn't able to post today, but I made over 800% today on TSLA 700P. I Probably could have held for more, but wow.
Jet Black
utah, get me two said:

I'm losing money

99% of the people on this thread are.
FJ43

So today I got stopped out of my SPY shorts and obviously Mrs FJ would have had a new car by now. Don't tell her its our secret.

Didn't expect this move today at all.....but thats the markets.

I am moving to next week options - calls on SPY
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

texagbeliever
Calls on NVDA might be a good option. Earnings next week. Trading at close to its 1 year low. Like AMD is expected to crush earnings but is currently below all of its averages.
Post removed:
by user
Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
AG
Bob Knights Liver said:

I wasn't able to post today, but I made over 800% today on TSLA 700P. I Probably could have held for more, but wow.
Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
AG
SoupNazi2001 said:

Not even close to the bottom yet.

I know VIX is not supposed to be held long term - but if this is the case and holds true this time.... How would one properly invest in the VIX Spike? Asking for a friend of course, as I would never...
Bob Knights Paper Hands
FJ43 said:

Didn't expect this move today at all.....but thats the markets.

I didn't either. I was pretty confident we would at least get a bluffed vote of confidence from Mr. Market today. I'm glad I accept that I'm an idiot.
texagbeliever
Come on AAPL its time to recover. Help break 384 for QQQ.

Potential squeeze on MSFT: 248-248.5. Guessing it resolves in next 10 minutes. 248 is flat line the 248.5 is decreasing down trend line.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
The problem is the timing. It gets expensive if you go out months and months. Then even if you're correct it might not get high enough to profit from. If you do June expiration and we go on a dead cat run for a couple of weeks, you lose money. Call debit spreads might work. That ETF might work. It's not as simple to profit from something "everybody knows" will happen as it seems like it would be. At least that's been my experience.
First Page Last Page
Page 5446 of 6618

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.