Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,027,116 Views | 231616 Replies | Last: 6 hrs ago by ProgN
aggiedaniel06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
aggiedaniel06 said:

We have been building something really cool and will share it with y'all pretty soon.

The last few years has shown that an increasing amount of retail prefer to self manage their portfolios as opposed to handing it over to a professional money manager. (Blame the easy monetary policy ) However, they use mostly TA or some Fundamental Analysis as their guide.

So, we have built this platform that gives you access to various tools regarding moneyflows, sector rotation, volatility metrics & options positioning, that would typically only be available to an institution, which would help you generate alpha. Along with these tools, the vision is to provide a guided process by on how to use them to generate alpha and self manage your portfolio as a professional money manager would.

Let me know if anyone is interested.

We are almost ready to unveil this service and are planning to demo it on Sunday, May 22 at 2pm CST.

So far I have 4 folks who responded to my post and stated that they are interested, but there were a lot more that have starred it. If you would like to attend the demo, you'll have to DM me as each user will receive a unique invitation link.

Once again, it is discord based and you can download the free app on your PC or mobile.

ibdm98
AG
ProgN said:

$30,000 Millionaire said:

You mother f uckers are stuck with me now.

FIFY...

Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Nm
59 South
AG
Couldn't take it anymore, liquidated my 401k at close yesterday. Hunkered down and hiding from my missus in the basement. Moved the wine fridge down here and filled it with Guinness.

I'm putting what little I have left into a HY Savings account. I'm 40 and will never buy stocks again.

To clarify, I am just being a smart arse....bad joke at trying to set the bottom. If you're really thinking about liquidating, don't!

These drawdowns are very normal if you are a high risk growth investor (maybe not THIS bad usually). You go up multiples and then lose half. As long as it is two steps forward and one step back in the long run you win. But like 30k says, risk management is key. I've definitely learned a few more lessons with some gut punches. Always know what you own and why.

Still say 3850 ish. Or even 3600. Should be soon. Nothing but nonstop '00-01 and '08-09 references out there.
If this post is on the B&I forum, lighten up it's just money!

Disclaimer: I'm not that smart.
BaylorSpineGuy
You can move in with me. But you have to bring your Guinness.
FJ43
Carioca Corredor said:

The aviation industry is placing a new company on NYSE via SPAC through Zanite corp.
EVE is mostly backed by Brasilian company Embraer amongst others. Eve is an upward mobility people transporter. Heard last year customers could be the Ubers of the world. Has some solid board members.

https://eveairmobility.com/eve-an-embraer-company-to-list-on-nyse-through-business-combination-with-zanite-acquisition-corp/

I'll keep an ear out on this one. Had my BD group do a deep dive into this sector in 2019-2020. There are a few well known names not named Embraer that are pretty far along in the space.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

McInnis 03
AG
This market is humbling many these past several weeks. What's gone low will likely go lower. I don't think inflation is done by any measure. I work in the pump industry and every single major manufacturer is STILL rolling out price increases, some next week at 11%. This affects every product that is made or handled. PERIOD.

If you're not playing the short side you're trying to catch razors IMO. On we go.
cageybee77
AG
I bought some stuff this AM ....but have tight stops.
Brewmaster
AG

I got mocked in the early 2000s. I remember posting that I liked HPQ when it was $8 (post splits) and getting ridiculed when it had a down day.

I was also one of the first to buy AIG, Citigroup, and BP.

I appreciate all of you, but if you're new, please read about 20 pages first before you post.
So what do you like down here? or are you waiting for a bit more blood?
Barnyard96
AG
McInnis 03 said:

This market is humbling many these past several weeks. What's gone low will likely go lower. I don't think inflation is done by any measure. I work in the pump industry and every single major manufacturer is STILL rolling out price increases, some next week at 11%. This affects every product that is made or handled. PERIOD.

If you're not playing the short side your trying to catch razors IMO. On we go.

I'm in automated valves. We are increasing 6% (again) June 1.
McInnis 03
AG
My company also has a space here with actuated valves. The increases have been nuts and continue to come. Moving fluid (which every single possible industry has to do) is getting more expensive by the day. Not to even start factoring in the power consumption costs.
Spoony Love
AG
I have nothing to offer other than this thought:

Some preached cash as a position and if you listened then you have some sitting on the sidelines.

And gathering from the sentiment on this board and seeing where some of these major companies are, it may be a good time to start purchasing on the way down any companies you want to stay long in.. Start small and don't go too deep until a reversal is indicated.

There is likely some more downward movement and purchasing on the way down could help shorten your recovery time.
Engine10
AG
Stepped up the 401k buying recently from 10 to 12, then 15% (soon). For that time horizon, I'm not trying to time a bottom, but I'm happy to incrementally step up savings at better pricing. Our 12% match just went live too, so it's time to strike.
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
Well,...the lawn called and said it needed a cut. Blood mobile texted and said they want a pint. ... I'm out. Make a bunch of money today!

Just give it hell boys, it's your only chance on earth.

Gig'em!
GreasenUSA
AG
I'm slightly amused by all the folks on Twitter trying to call a bottom... now or in the future. When I was slightly more ignorant, I used to be the same way.

One big "mantra" that has improved my trading over the years has been admitting to myself that I don't know ****, and to make all my trading decisions accordingly.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I sold the TQQQ I bought. Nice 6%

We could have a short squeeze today.
You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
BREwmaster said:

I got mocked in the early 2000s. I remember posting that I liked HPQ when it was $8 (post splits) and getting ridiculed when it had a down day.

I was also one of the first to buy AIG, Citigroup, and BP.

I appreciate all of you, but if you're new, please read about 20 pages first before you post.
So what do you like down here? or are you waiting for a bit more blood?

$AAPL will be the first to recover but my position in this is already pretty big.

I bought LYFT at $20. Still like $CWH a lot.
You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
GreasenUSA said:

I'm slightly amused by all the folks on Twitter trying to call a bottom... now or in the future. When I was slightly more ignorant, I used to be the same way.

One big "mantra" that has improved my trading over the years has been admitting to myself that I don't know ****, and to make all my trading decisions accordingly.

This is basically how I've lived my whole life.
BrokeAssAggie
If SPY can push through $406 we might touch $410 today.
FTAG 2000
AG
McInnis 03 said:

If you're not playing the short side you're trying to catch razors IMO. On we go.

This is specifically about retirement accounts. I'm going to play dumb for a moment, humor me.

I'm fully in the camp that we have much lower to go for all the same headwinds we've all discussed.

The question is, sell out, take the L, and go cash, or wait and average down somewhere down the line?

Holding strong companies (GOOG, OXY, AMD, NVDA, MSFT, K, etc.) plus a few home run spec plays (SAVA, NNOX).

SF2004
AG
Paper trade here... just so I can see if I am looking correctly.

Relief bounce incoming to 422ish. Then sell off back to most likely 380ish.

Bob Knights Paper Hands
I'm honestly still waiting on direction. I think this will be a green day, but could easily be GtR. I'm eyeing TSLA 800P or 800C leaning put so far, but not buying anything.
FTAG 2000
AG
LABU with big volume so far.
irish pete ag06
AG
SF2004 said:

Paper trade here... just so I can see if I am looking correctly.

Relief bounce incoming to 422ish. Then sell off back to most likely 380ish.

That's the 78 fib from the FOMC high to yesterday's low. Seems plausible and to be fair, I went long on some things yesterday. Looking to see how we react to the 50 at 413. (Or cutting ASAP if this thing does what it can to the downside.

wanderer
I'm wanting to dip my toes into CWH. If you were starting your exposure, how would you play it? DCA over the next few weeks/months, Selling puts with the intent of assignment? Looks to have good support at ~$25.
FTAG 2000
AG
How do people feel about SE? This was recommended back around $100. It's down to upper 60s. I show a two year low around 58, covid lows down in the 20s.

Bob Knights Paper Hands
QQQ and TSLA trading under today's open and yesterday's open says puts, but SPX says maybe calls. Could be a huge TSLA dick reversal about to happen again. Or the bottom could fall out and test yesterday lows.

Likely buying puts, but I'm waiting to see what happens here with SPX reach opening price.
cageybee77
AG
bah....stopped out for today. no losses, no gains.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
QQQ had 17 out of 19 red candles and then lays 10 consecutive green candles. I'm glad I went in small, but dammitt I don't like this. I feel like the second I sell these two puts it will reverse again and go to $0. I'm about to hit my stop. Dammitt.
irish pete ag06
AG
305... big spot for QQQ for continuation.
BrokeAssAggie
VIX below $32 we should get rippy.
CheladaAg
AG
UPST down 60% this am.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Maybe just big chop this morning? I bought a coupe more TSLA puts as it came off the top of the 5-min channel. I'll hold this until reversal or until we approach today's lows.
Spoony Love
AG
I still have a SPY trend line that I drew back in early April after it broke an upward trend. SPY has largely held that trend and started the day way below. If it wants to regain that line, it has to see 414. Not sure if this helps anybody. I wish I had a better option to post pics.
cptthunder
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX said:

https://downloads.usda.library.cornell.edu/usda-esmis/files/8336h188j/gm80k152f/34850n40s/prog1822.pdf

Corn Planted (Selected 18 States)
5 Year Average = 15%
As of 4/24/22 = 7%
As of 4/17/22 = 4%
As of 4/24/21 = 16%

Soybean Planted (Selected 18 States)
5 Year Average = 5%
As of 4/24/22 = 3%
As of 4/17/22 = 1%
As of 4/24/21 = 7%

Behind. Keep an eye on cooler temps in upper midwest. Ground needs to be above 50 degrees to plant corn. (We had trace amounts of snow this morning, but should be 60 on Thursday.) Will be a race to get acres planted, rains in the forecast, dry conditions and ground isn't warming fast. Nearby takeaway is bullish.
https://downloads.usda.library.cornell.edu/usda-esmis/files/8336h188j/5712nb460/vt151p581/prog1922.pdf

5 Year Average = 33%
As of 5/1/22 = 14%
As of 4/24/22 = 7%
As of 5/1/21 = 42%

5 Year Average = 15%
As of 5/1/22 = 8%
As of 4/24/22 = 3%
As of 5/1/21 = 22%

Gotta play some real catch up in the coming days.

5 Year Average = 50%
As of 5/8/22 = 22%
As of 5/1/22 = 14%
As of 5/8/21 = 64%

5 Year Average = 24%
As of 5/8/22 = 12%
As of 5/1/22 = 8%
As of 5/8/21 = 39%

Yeah,...we are behind.
I kept thinking there would be more catch-up already but this is not the case...started legging into a CORN position today
First Page Last Page
Page 5392 of 6618

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.