Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,029,148 Views | 231617 Replies | Last: 53 sec ago by Quacked
Bob Knights Paper Hands
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I agree with you. All I was saying is I think INTC getting passed by AMD in tech was what kept INTC from being on the 2020-2021 FOMO crazy green ride we saw with tech industry leaders, like MSFT.
BaylorSpineGuy
Just in time for me to come back from my world premiere st the theatre (and the absolute brutality that was the oral boards) to see the thread leaders jumping ship?!?
Spoony Love
AG
Have we discussed that $PROG is no more? Now it's $BIOR. That's boring.

At least we still have Prog
ProgN
SoupNazi2001 said:

ProgN said:

Ag13 said:

ProgN said:

Do you honestly think AAPL, MSFT, AMD, NVDA, AMZN, GOOG, etc., have become complacent like INTC?

These were not the names from the poster's portfolio I was referring to when I said many would never reach their all time highs again. These are good companies with real profits (obviously). It's the spacs and the ark names that got bid up so high for no good fundamental reason that aren't going to approach those heights again unless we happen to have another global pandemic with trillions of stimulus pumped in and people thinking that peloton will sell a bike to every home in America because gyms will be closed forever.
Agreed, and we were saying the same thing. The speculative junk won't participate in the rebound.

I'm not entirely sure what point you're making, but stocks have been destroyed.

There are not absolutes when it comes to the market so nothing should be taken as gospel. Sometimes you should consider other factors than technicals, PEs, etc and evaluate the whole picture. WHEN the correction is over where would you put your cash if you were a fund manager? People are not going to stop contributing to their 401Ks each payday and that cash is accumulating everyday, it will have to be put back to work. That's why I've posted several times to focus on the bigs because that's where the money will go. That's why I'm scaling into them because I don't know when the bottom happens but I don't want to miss the ride up when it happens.
ProgN
BaylorSpineGuy said:

Just in time for me to come back from my world premiere st the theatre (and the absolute brutality that was the oral boards) to see the thread leaders jumping ship?!?
I'm not leaving, unless I get sent to banned camp to center my Zen.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I got mocked in the early 2000s. I remember posting that I liked HPQ when it was $8 (post splits) and getting ridiculed when it had a down day.

I was also one of the first to buy AIG, Citigroup, and BP.

I appreciate all of you, but if you're new, please read about 20 pages first before you post.
You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
Post removed:
by user
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
agdaddy04 said:

For the ones you say "don't look at it" is there ever a time you'd sell or no?
Those "I don't look at" stocks. I will not sell. I'm 62 if that makes any difference.
OutlawAG04
Please all take a moment to think before you post on this board. There are so many valuable minds on this board that continue to offer help to the community and I believe/hope they have all made us better traders.

The pain in this market sucks right now, believe me.. agdaddy04, I can assure you many on this board are bag holding many of the names you shared (myself included). Hats off to you for opening up to the board as this should be a community built to share ideas and help us all grow.

Ideas should be challenged, but respectfully. I would hate to see posters like 30k, FJ, Prog, Farmer, and others stop posting because I personally feel like we have all gained a wealth of knowledge. Emotions can get the best of a lot of us when money is on the line and everything is red.

Please just remember we are a community all trying to be better traders. It was not too long ago that we had OA doing his seminars, 30k and FJ doing seminars… and none of them had to offer that time or effort. They continue to post on here and their efforts should be respected.

Keep the spirit alive in this board to trade for freedom and stop being an A$$ . Thanks
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Because we are getting into buy territory:

I bought TQQQ for a bounce trade. Small.

What I'm going to buy with some cash:
-IYM
-XBI
-FDX

ProgN
$30,000 Millionaire said:

I got mocked in the early 2000s. I remember posting that I liked HPQ when it was $8 (post splits) and getting ridiculed when it had a down day.

I appreciate all of you, but if you're new, please read about 20 pages first before you post.
Just to add to this, no one should ever mock anyone else. Experienced traders should never mock newbies or the newbies calling out olds because they tripled their account with 7 homeruns in row, the market will humble you. No one has discovered the secret and figured it all out or you wouldn't be on this thread. In here we all want the same goal and freely share knowledge, even if we can't stand one another on other boards (ahem, F16). The experience and wisdom freely shared on this thread is so special and something I'm honored to be a part of.
FJ43

I appreciate all of you, but if you're new, please read about 200 pages first before you post.
Fixed it for you. Suggest starting with the first 200.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Vale looking awful juicy. Also miss or not, how could you not like pltr here?
Took just under 2 months of choppy pain back in 2011 for the fed to get the ol credit card warmed back up, but when they did it was epic. 0 chance that doesn't happen again, just a question of how long they wait. It won't be tomorrow though, probably not even next week, so I'm not in a hurry. I'm also not selling anything, this is how they steal your shares
ProgN
SoupNazi2001 said:

ProgN said:

SoupNazi2001 said:

ProgN said:

Ag13 said:

ProgN said:

Do you honestly think AAPL, MSFT, AMD, NVDA, AMZN, GOOG, etc., have become complacent like INTC?

These were not the names from the poster's portfolio I was referring to when I said many would never reach their all time highs again. These are good companies with real profits (obviously). It's the spacs and the ark names that got bid up so high for no good fundamental reason that aren't going to approach those heights again unless we happen to have another global pandemic with trillions of stimulus pumped in and people thinking that peloton will sell a bike to every home in America because gyms will be closed forever.
Agreed, and we were saying the same thing. The speculative junk won't participate in the rebound.

I'm not entirely sure what point you're making, but stocks have been destroyed.

There are not absolutes when it comes to the market so nothing should be taken as gospel. Sometimes you should consider other factors than technicals, PEs, etc and evaluate the whole picture. WHEN the correction is over where would you put your cash if you were a fund manager? People are not going to stop contributing to their 401Ks each payday and that cash is accumulating everyday, it will have to be put back to work. That's why I've posted several times to focus on the bigs because that's where the money will go. That's why I'm scaling into them because I don't know when the bottom happens but I don't want to miss the ride up when it happens.

Point I'm making and he is making is many of the leaders of this last bull market, will underperform going forward. This has been a stealth bear market thus far with NASDAQ names and high growth companies doing far worse than the S&P. Almost 50% of NASDAQ names are down more than 50%. This is what happened in the 2000 bear market as well and then the S&P played downside catch up big time.
Understood, that's why I recommend focusing on the bigs because institutional money will flow into them first.
FJ43
ProgN said:

BaylorSpineGuy said:

That's a real possibility. Probably more sure than the dang markets.

Love ya Prog!
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.

Thanks. You're welcome. I hope your gig is going well.
ProgN
FJ43 said:

ProgN said:

BaylorSpineGuy said:

That's a real possibility. Probably more sure than the dang markets.

Love ya Prog!

Love you too FJ.
FJ43
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX said:

Thanks. You're welcome. I hope your gig is going well.
Going good. Working to expedite it so I can get back to the madness in shorts, Chaco sandals, Colombia fishing shirt and of course Gus the rally Resistol.

$30,000 Millionaire
AG
You mother f uckers are stuck with me now.
FJ43
ProgN

You mother f uckers are stuck with me now.
FJ43
Good night gents. Momma FJ connected our Apple watches for workouts so 3:45am gym time for me. Can't let her win a day.

I can't believe the filter failed! Bravo!
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Too bad you're not a surfer, if you are where i think you are I'd be skipping the gym for an early morning paddle instead!
BrokeAssAggie
Silver lining

Pretty much nailed us. That is the woman I married sans the accent. She's a Kansas gal and she's all city. I'm down to all hat and no cattle. My cows are my stocks these days. Came back from the nursery yesterday and planted $125 of ornamentals that I am sure the visiting rabbit in our yard thinks is the new buffet. I can take care of that rabbit in short order, but the wife wants me to promise it goes to a witness relocation program across town. ... something Lisa Douglas would want Oliver to do.. Can't make this stuff up. LOL! You must have a hidden camera in our home.
irish pete ag06
AG

-IYM
-XBI
-FDX

Heck yes. I also bought TQQQ small today too.
ProgN
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX said:

Pretty much nailed us. That is the woman I married sans the accent. She's a Kansas gal and she's all city. I'm down to all hat and no cattle. My cows are my stocks these days. Came back from the nursery yesterday and planted $125 of ornamentals that I am sure the visiting rabbit in our yard thinks is the new buffet. I can take care of that rabbit in short order, but the wife wants me to promise it goes to a witness relocation program across town. ... something Lisa Douglas would want Oliver to do.. Can't make this stuff up. LOL! You must have a hidden camera in our home.
My son puts out carrots and apples at night because there's a family of cottontails that come up and eat it at night. He loves it and he informed me he was going to catch one to have as a pet. I took the under on that bet.
irish pete ag06
AG

-IYM
-XBI
-FDX

Goodness XBI got murdered.
lobwedgephil
If this thread is an indication, we are getting close.
krosch11
AG
Well the plus side is, if you lose that bet he has elite speed and his college will be free
irish pete ag06
AG
krosch11 said:

Well the plus side is, if you lose that bet he has elite speed and his college will be free
YES. Do you happen to live in Muck City?
ProgN
If he has elite speed then I'll have to get a paternity test because I know damn well he didn't get that from me.
TChaney
Hey guys I got a hot tip about a battery recycling plant in Nevada,
Don't let their business address being a postal drop box at UPS store fool you, these guys are going places, get in now while you still can.

Sorry, I had to throw a wrench in to all of this lovey dovey grab ass going on.

BourbonAg
AG
Do they dabble in graphite?
First Page Last Page
Page 5391 of 6618

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.