Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,166,573 Views | 232066 Replies | Last: 6 hrs ago by Heineken-Ashi
FJ43
How long do you want to ignore this user?
ProgN said:

FJ43 said:

$30,000 Millionaire said:

I am envious of you guys that got to trade today.
X2

I feel like Ricky Bobby these days watching y'all trade. Y'all in the fast lane.

I'll be back Cal. Shake & Bake
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

FJ43

Watch this. If this crosses I'm out.

Jan 16, Dec 18, Mar 20.....?

Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.

wanderer
Can you expand on that?
FJ43
wanderer said:

Can you expand on that?
Technical death cross. Typically signals the longer expected trend. Bearish if so. That's the 50 (blue) and 200 (red). Look back in time to the left at each time the 50 crosses the 200 to the downside.

Maybe we go up. Who knows but that convergence has me pretty eyes wide open.

LMCane
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX said:

XOM new 52 week high

That's the way...uh-huh, uh-huh...I like it...uh-huh, uh-huh ~ KC & The Sunshine Band
bought some more XOM yesterday

also for the dividend which is awesome
LMCane

Oil...$107.60
$108.07
at some point these WTI and Brent prices are going to stomp the US economy
lobwedgephil
Are you using MA and EMA on those combined? SPY had death cross mid March, and ripped. Death cross is a warning, but a lot of times the move has already happened as well, it is a lagging indicator.
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
LMCane said:

Oil...$107.60
$108.07
Nawh,...it won't stomp the US economy. ...... I want $10/gal gas at the pump. I figure it will take something this dramatic to have the real story told. It's not Big Oil's fault for high gas prices, it's the current Administration's failed policies. In this particular case, this Administration has blatantly set out to kill the petroleum industry from day one. People need to come to grips with what is really taking place and have the facts told to them.

Side Note: Regarding XOM, there's an old saying about not selling XOM if it's below the price of Brent Crude. I don't follow the correlation and never researched it, but the saying is out there.
Gabster43213
Any thoughts on my portfolio from 70/30' b/e or 50/50 to 60/40/ ?
Philip J Fry
AG

LMCane said:

Oil...$107.60
$108.07
Nawh,...it won't stomp the US economy. ...... I want $10/gal gas at the pump. I figure it will take something this dramatic to have the real story told. It's not Big Oil's fault for high gas prices, it's the current Administration's failed policies. In this particular case, this Administration has blatantly set out to kill the petroleum industry from day one. People need to come to grips with what is really taking place and have the facts told to them.

Side Note: Regarding XOM, there's an old saying about not selling XOM if it's below the price of Brent Crude. I don't follow the correlation and never researched it, but the saying is out there.
Hell, he said it in the debate. Why don't the republicans have the balls to run adds with him saying that just as a reminder?
La Bamba
AG
I don't trust this rally. The Fed will continue raising rates, supply chains are being affected especially now with Chinas Covid lockdowns, and inflation (real inflation see Oil) ain't coming down just yet.

My wishlist for buying is SPY around 360-380.

But that is just my bias.

Edit: my super wishlist is SPY in around 280, trendline from 08 crash and 20 Covid crash but don't think we get there without recession.
utah, get me two
Move into more equity
RenoAg
$30,000 Millionaire said:

Jet Black said:

FTAG 2000 said:

30K - you still in DRIP?

And LABU?
yes and yes

More like DRIP in LABIA, amirite?

Late night sophomoric humor. It's all I got to contribute. Carry on gentlemen.
BlueTaze

Let's see how much WWR stock insiders buy next week after blackout.
FJ43
lobwedgephil said:

Are you using MA and EMA on those combined? SPY had death cross mid March, and ripped. Death cross is a warning, but a lot of times the move has already happened as well, it is a lagging indicator.
Those charts are EMAs. Yep lagging however still represents the period average. I'm not seeing a death cross of the 50 & 200 in mid March.

ProgN
https://texags.com/forums/16/topics/3287158/1

If anyone is bored before the bell, this thread has some humorous replies.
FJ43

ProgN
La Bamba said:

I don't trust this rally. The Fed will continue raising rates, supply chains are being affected especially now with Chinas Covid lockdowns, and inflation (real inflation see Oil) ain't coming down just yet.

My wishlist for buying is SPY around 360-380.

But that is just my bias.

Edit: my super wishlist is SPY in around 280, trendline from 08 crash and 20 Covid crash but don't think we get there without recession.
I believe yesterday was mostly just short covering, it's still a traders market.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Back in the saddle today. Glad nothing much happened while I was gone.

I was getting frustrated and over trading, including a couple revenge trades on Tuesday. Looking back at it, my opening TSLA signals would have said not to trade TSLA in the morning since it was diverging from macros, so more likely for reversal or volatility.

It seems like the sentiment here is still wait and see, even after the great close. That's my mindset as well, though if we get above more 50-days and hold we'll see that rally finally.
TecRecAg
AG
I agree with this. I made a post about a month or so that basically showed what SPY would look like if Covid never happened. It landed us at $350. I think that's the bottom from here on out but I still don't see us getting there. $400 psyche level is going to be incredibly strong.
austinAG90
AG
Powell Was Dovish Compared to Expectations...Will It Hold..Jury Is Out

Powell said three things yesterday that were clearly more dovish than the bearish consensus... 1) HE TOOK 75 OFF THE TABLE...2) HE STARTED QT LATER AND GRADUALLY and 3) HE SAID THE NEUTRAL RATE WAS BETWEEN 2 AND 3%... This caused a massive bull steepening rally where 2/10 hit 30 at one point... Now back to 28... And set up one of the strongest closing rallies in equities since 2020... Question one has to ask now is will it hold? Overnight it has given back a small part of those gains... Treasuries are marginally flatter but the gains in the short end are holding for now... Equities have given back about 20% of the gains of yesterday...

Looking forward... Is Powell correct?... He still seems to think that inflation is transitory and will reverse... But his clear challenge is to work to slow down the demand side of the employment market... Where he is clearly bothered by the jolts data showing 1.95 jobs for everyone out of work... We find it tough for the markets to believe that he can bring that down these numbers significantly without sending the economy into a mini-recession, but for now that is what he believes...

What should we see today?... We think the ranges will be muted today, but there is an underlying belief among big macro players that rates will still go to much higher yields... Shorts continue to withstand the minor moves in the long end and will stay with their trades until stopped out or reaching an objective of 10 years above 3.20%.

Fed... We were somewhat surprised that the consensus yesterday was 10-0... We thought Bullard would dissent... Fed speeches start up again tomorrow with 6 speakers... Two of which are college commencement speeches, but Williams, Kashkari, Bullard and Waller will be talking about the economy... Should be interesting....

Overnight Chinese Numbers were NOT RECESSIONARY BUT LOOK LIKE A DEPRESSION...PMI came out at 37.2 for the composite and 36.2 for services... Not surprising when you lock down half your country... But those numbers will continue to slow the global economy and add to the supply chain inflation woes....

The markets were reassured that the Fed will not panic into an erratic, less predictable pace of tightening... Even though the likes of DB still think Fed funds at 5 to 6%, Powell does not see it that way.. And the slow ramp up of QT, shows that the Fed indicated caution in terms of getting the market comfortable with it before ramping it up in September.
BlueTaze
The Fed can change its balance sheet, but not the balance sheet of all the businesses that took on cheap covid debt that is only getting more expensive. I still think we get a melt up from early shorts/hedges before rug gets pulled out from under the "soft landing". The debt ridden zombies have to go at some point, the only question is when the historic ch11 wave will hit...22,23,24

Set an alert for Cramer celebrating a "soft landing", that's probably when things crumble.
ProgN
911, I'd like to report a murder.... SHOP.
BrokeAssAggie
Dumbest administration ever

https://www.cnn.com/2022/05/05/energy/spr-biden/index.html
Saltyag15
AG
You seriously can't even make this **** up
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
From zero technical perspective whatsoever, I feel like we give most of yesterday's rally back, judging by how the past week has gone.
BrokeAssAggie
If SPY can stay above $425 and VIX below $27 in the first 15 to 20 minutes I am looking at calls for a little bounce from this gap down.
BrokeAssAggie
Possible pullback on TSLA??

Bob Knights Paper Hands
BrokeAssAggie said:

Possible pullback on TSLA??

There's not much volume down to 927, the 150-ema, but between 927 and 904, the 200-ema, there's a decent punt of volume to get through. I think that 200-ema offers good support for any pullback. If it breaks through that, then elevator down IMO.
BrokeAssAggie
I agree. I will probably enter a couple puts for a quick scalp.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
SKEW dropped way down, BTW. Closing calls to take profits at the close maybe? Or MM think we're still headed south?
Bob Knights Paper Hands
BrokeAssAggie said:

I agree. I will probably enter a couple puts for a quick scalp.

I'm going to be patient (yuck) and wait for 8:45 again. I agree I think TSLA will get a little red this morning.
Ragoo
AG
Early sell then massive rip, IMO.
Chef Elko
AG
BrokeAssAggie said:

Dumbest administration ever

https://www.cnn.com/2022/05/05/energy/spr-biden/index.html

"…officials are serious about eventually refilling the SPR, which has been drained by the war in Ukraine and sales mandated by Congress to raise revenue."

They truly think we are that stupid.
BrokeAssAggie
$927 holding up so far
First Page Last Page
Page 5374 of 6631

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.