Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,030,631 Views | 231620 Replies | Last: 18 min ago by Chef Elko
sts7049
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
i bought a handful of AMD 100Cs for this week earlier today around 90, i sold a chunk already for about 35% gain. so keeping a few runners as my lotto
Michael Cera Palin
AG
https://newsroom.nuscalepower.com/press-releases/news-details/2022/NuScale-Power-Completes-Merger-with-Spring-Valley-Acquisition-Corp.-to-Create-Worlds-First-and-Only-Publicly-Traded-Provider-of-Transformational-Small-Modular-Nuclear-Reactor-Technology/default.aspx

Thought this was some fun news. NuScale Power has officially launched their IPO trading on NYSE with the ticker SMR

They're the first advanced nuclear reactor company to go public and are looking to build their first power plant in Idaho this decade. Their design has already been approved by the Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC).
ProgN
Sully Dog said:

ProgN said:

sts7049 said:

anyone gambling on AMD or ABNB earnings?

Earnings play in this environment the day before a rate hike, ballsy, but I respect that.
Hey, your still here!?!?!

I thought you got abortioin hammer last night
Nope, I don't get into those threads like I do others. That's a subject that mods were probably on all night ready to play whack-a-mole. You're not changing any opinions of either side but likelihood of perma would be very high. Guess I'm getting wiser in my old age.
BrokeAssAggie
added a 5/4 SPY $420 lotto to see if we push up here.
Phat32
AG
$NCR is an interesting value play - they look to be in acquisition talks around $50/share but trading at $35...
texagbeliever
BrokeAssAggie said:

I'd be concerned. AAPL was rejected at its 8 day EMA at 160.5. AMD just hit the high end on its band and is trending down.
BrokeAssAggie
texagbeliever said:

BrokeAssAggie said:

I'd be concerned. AAPL was rejected at its 8 day EMA at 161.5. AMD just hit the high end on its band and is trending down.
just a lotto play. only $250 at risk.
BrokeAssAggie
VIX new LOD
Ccutamu
VIX back below 30.
texagbeliever
AMD and TSLA look like they could go. TSLA consolidated past few days while AMD held above 8 day EMA for the first time since its fall in march.
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX said:

https://downloads.usda.library.cornell.edu/usda-esmis/files/8336h188j/gm80k152f/34850n40s/prog1822.pdf

Corn Planted (Selected 18 States)
5 Year Average = 15%
As of 4/24/22 = 7%
As of 4/17/22 = 4%
As of 4/24/21 = 16%

Soybean Planted (Selected 18 States)
5 Year Average = 5%
As of 4/24/22 = 3%
As of 4/17/22 = 1%
As of 4/24/21 = 7%

Behind. Keep an eye on cooler temps in upper midwest. Ground needs to be above 50 degrees to plant corn. (We had trace amounts of snow this morning, but should be 60 on Thursday.) Will be a race to get acres planted, rains in the forecast, dry conditions and ground isn't warming fast. Nearby takeaway is bullish.
https://downloads.usda.library.cornell.edu/usda-esmis/files/8336h188j/5712nb460/vt151p581/prog1922.pdf

Corn Planted (Selected 18 States)
5 Year Average = 33%
As of 5/1/22 = 14%
As of 4/24/22 = 7%
As of 5/1/21 = 42%

Soybean Planted (Selected 18 States)
5 Year Average = 15%
As of 5/1/22 = 8%
As of 4/24/22 = 3%
As of 5/1/21 = 22%

Gotta play some real catch up in the coming days.
Saltyag15
AG
Alright AMD...what are we going to do with earnings
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Everyone one of my holdings finished green on the day. I'll take it!
BrokeAssAggie
Saltyag15
AG
Saltyag15 said:

Alright AMD...what are we going to do with earnings
I'm doing my best McInnis. Killed it.
BrokeAssAggie
Raising guidance is YUGE

sts7049
AG
Philip J Fry
AG
No love for DVN today?
BrokeAssAggie
Philip J Fry said:

No love for DVN today?
yep up 10%
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
CWH looking good today.
You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
BrokeAssAggie
sts7049 said:

anyone gambling on AMD or ABNB earnings?

AMD up 6% AH….now 8% that baby wants $100
texagbeliever
Just a warning, I will likely be around more. I was put on unpaid leave monday and will be fired saturday due to a vaccine mandate policy. Let's see AMD rocket so I care less about that!

Oh I'm also going to be looking at NVDA OTM lottos for next week depending on how it opens. It looks prime for takeoff and while its earnings isn't till May 25th, i think it may just go before then.
Brewmaster
AG
and you're suiing them next week?

kudos to you for standing up for your freedoms!
Jet Black
So is most of the feds hawkish news priced in at this point?
tailgatetimer10
AG
good thing my options are at 98 a share...
Jet Black
texagbeliever said:

Just a warning, I will likely be around more. I was put on unpaid leave monday and will be fired saturday due to a vaccine mandate policy. Let's see AMD rocket so I care less about that!

Oh I'm also going to be looking at NVDA OTM lottos for next week depending on how it opens. It looks prime for takeoff and while its earnings isn't till May 25th, i think it may just go before then.

World is so f'ed up.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Why now for your company?
You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
texagbeliever
Jet Black said:

texagbeliever said:

World is so f'ed up.
It has been a wonderful learning experience as to how smart people act so dumb. For intelligent people will go to great lengths to conjure up explanations that justify them taking the easy road rather than the right one. Unfortunately their intelligence and ability to be persuasive even in a losing position merely encourages them to continue down the wrong path. With how stubborn i am, I hope i can spot when i am guilty of the same folly.
texagbeliever
$30,000 Millionaire said:

Why now for your company?
Likely Gov DeSantis scared them and pushed them off their original 1/3/2022 mandate implementation. Lawyers felt comfortable after another 4 months of work they could implement the policy and be legally protected.
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
Quote:

It has been a wonderful learning experience as to how smart people act so dumb. For intelligent people will go to great lengths to conjure up explanations that justify them taking the easy road rather than the right one. Unfortunately their intelligence and ability to be persuasive even in a losing position merely encourages them to continue down the wrong path. With how stubborn i am, I hope i can spot when i am guilty of the same folly.
Look at it as a great opportunity. Once there was a fellow that happened to have a difference of opinion with his company's leadership, an agriculture giant, Cargill. That difference in opinion drove this fellow to be one of the most successful CEO's in the U.S. and built a powerhouse that went head-to-head with his former employer. That fellow's name was Dwayne Andreas and the company he built into a powerhouse was Archer Daniels Midland Company, otherwise known as ADM. One door closes, another door opens.
Philip J Fry
AG
texagbeliever said:

Jet Black said:

texagbeliever said:

World is so f'ed up.
I hope they go bankrupt.
BrokeAssAggie
Philip J Fry said:

texagbeliever said:

Jet Black said:

texagbeliever said:

World is so f'ed up.
I hope they go bankrupt.

Can you say the company so we don't support them?
ProgN
texagbeliever said:

Disclaimer: I have no idea if the tweet is true and I'm damn sure not going to read through Pfizer's release because I'm too damn tired, I also never have and will ever take the mRNA therapeutic. I and my son are fully vaxxed except for this so don't try to label me anti-vax because you're wrong.

Sorry for what you're going through brother and the mandates are anti-American.

Stock related, NVDA does look coiled and my main target after the Fed and NFP. I'm definitely not buying the open with the AMD excitement just to have Bullard say he wanted a 100 basis point increase.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Anyone familiar with MBXIX, and if so, thoughts on it as a long term investment?

https://ricky18cox.medium.com/mbxix-is-a-hidden-gem-that-has-stood-the-test-of-time-dc73ad8d53ed

I'm comparing it to SPX over 5 years and see it way underperforming it, so I'm not sure I understand how the article above is claiming it outpaces it so regularly?
texagbeliever
BrokeAssAggie said:

Philip J Fry said:

texagbeliever said:

Jet Black said:

texagbeliever said:

World is so f'ed up.
I hope they go bankrupt.

Can you say the company so we don't support them?

NEE or nextera energy. They are down 20% from date of announcement, which is coincidental with he solar panel issue. If you live in Texas you might do business with their subsidiary Gexa or Frontier.
First Page Last Page
Page 5369 of 6618

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.