Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

23,999,841 Views | 231603 Replies | Last: 36 min ago by CC09LawAg
TChaney
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The Trade Desk TTD will be the company working with Netflix to deliver ads to customers.

Netflix (NFLX) subscriber growth has hit a wall as the streaming giant just reported that it lost 200,000 subscribers in 1Q22 and another 2 million subscribers are expected to lose in the 22 2nd quarter. . About 3 years ago, the trade office (NASDAQ: TTD) CEO Jeff Green predicted that Netflix would sell advertising. Today, that prediction has come true.

In conclusion, this is an optimistic signal for the Trade Desk, as the independent platform is a major beneficiary of the secular transition from traditional TV advertising to CTV advertising. Simply put, Netflix's decision to offer a sustained level of advertising will only accelerate the decline in linear advertising budgets, as Discovery +, HBO, Hulu and Disney + have moved to (or announced that they will enter) AVOD (Video On Demand based on advertising). scenery.

Only time will tell how this all shakes out.
I personally suspect it will be tiered pricing for ads vs ad free.
The question is will it be profitable vs lost customer base over ads.
FJ43
TChaney said:

The Trade Desk TTD will be the company working with Netflix to deliver ads to customers.

Netflix (NFLX) subscriber growth has hit a wall as the streaming giant just reported that it lost 200,000 subscribers in 1Q22 and another 2 million subscribers are expected to lose in the 22 2nd quarter. . About 3 years ago, the trade office (NASDAQ: TTD) CEO Jeff Green predicted that Netflix would sell advertising. Today, that prediction has come true.

In conclusion, this is an optimistic signal for the Trade Desk, as the independent platform is a major beneficiary of the secular transition from traditional TV advertising to CTV advertising. Simply put, Netflix's decision to offer a sustained level of advertising will only accelerate the decline in linear advertising budgets, as Discovery +, HBO, Hulu and Disney + have moved to (or announced that they will enter) AVOD (Video On Demand based on advertising). scenery.

Only time will tell how this all shakes out.
I personally suspect it will be tiered pricing for ads vs ad free.
The question is will it be profitable vs lost customer base over ads.
They will charge a fee for ad free programming. That's their double dip.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

Bob Knights Paper Hands
If they don't bring down their standard pricing while bringing in ads, they'll continue to hemorrhage paying customers.
BlueTaze
Not exactly sure what going on here....I know that a run up to $120 on DXY would likely coincide with a deep stock market crash and a reversal back towards $90 may come with an equities rally. Seems like a Fed tight rope walk. My guess is they would rather talk tough and act dovish on hikes to keep a deflationary run away train wreck from happening.

Fed in a lose lose situation. Aggressive hiking with so much debt is almost sure to bring on wave of ch11s and deep recession. Not enough, and we continue to overheat. Thus the tough talk now to manufacture a short lived correction.

FJ43
Bob Knights Liver said:

If they don't bring down their standard pricing while bringing in ads, they'll continue to hemorrhage paying customers.
Someone has done the math and demographics IMO. Lower base rate + add sales combined with higher base rate add free.

Hate to say it but they could charge another $5, 10, etc a month and its noise in my house. I'll still have our subscription. I seldom watch regular programming anymore. Oak Island, college football, etc is about it. Between Netflix, Amazon, Paramount, etc it's about all I can or want to watch anyway.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.

Diggity
AG
I'm on the other end I would likely drop Netflix if I didn't get it free with TMobile.

I have trouble thinking of a recent show that came out on Netflix that I really enjoyed. Ozark is still decent but that's about it. I feel like their content is primarily Harlan Coben adaptations and reality shows these days.
gougler08
AG
I'm about to drop it, we barely watch it outside of kids stuff and that isn't worth the subscription
BrokeAssAggie
Same. Cocomelon is all we watch on Netflix nowadays.
Bird Poo
AG
BrokeAssAggie said:

I thought we were the only ones too. My 1 year old girl would kick my ass if she doesn't get her 15 minutes of evening Cocomelon. Never seen such a young child mesmerized by a show.
Post removed:
by user
irish pete ag06
AG
Bird Poo said:

BrokeAssAggie said:

I thought we were the only ones too. My 1 year old girl would kick my ass if she doesn't get her 15 minutes of evening Cocomelon. Never seen such a young child mesmerized by a show.
It always cracks me up that it's always in the top 10 every time I get on netflix... which isn't much. I would have cancelled long ago if it wasn't paid for by my wife's business.
HouAg12
AG
Anyone doing some long term buying at these levels?
Brewmaster
AG
HouAg12 said:

Anyone doing some long term buying at these levels?

nope! I'm not even adding small positions yet, that's just catching falling knives until we gets some confirmed reversals.
lobwedgephil
No issue adding long term at these levels. Trading, you want to confirm reversals. Long term for me is 5-10 years, but very different mindset.
Philip J Fry
AG

Anyone subscribe to this guy? Found this video interesting.
M4 Benelli
SoupNazi2001 said:

Bird Poo said:

I'm wondering if Germany not having any gas is partially responsible for this. Lots of stuff made in Germany.

Or Shanghai, google pictures of the port in Shanghai. It's jaw dropping. Even more supply chain issues coming if anything that comes from China or is sold there.

Helps with the bull case that there's still meat on the bone for ZIM, GSL, and other shippers. ILWU's contract expires on June 30th, if they don't come to the table with Salvatore Maroni, these ports are going to get more backed up than Amy Schumer after an afternoon at Golden Corral. Hoping we have seen the bottom of ZIM at around $48, currently at $52 (RSI 33),ended up heartily green on this day of pig slop.

ZIM guided upper $30s in cash per share, and with the aforementioned congestion can hit well over $40-$50 in cash per share. Earnings should be around 6 weeks from now. Grab ahold of your bootstraps.
ProgN
M4 Benelli said:

these ports are going to get more backed up than Amy Schumer after an afternoon at Golden Corral.

That was funny.
gougler08
AG
Well that's a surprisingly green futures to wake up to
FJ43

Well guess this means go short. #fadecramer

gougler08
zag213004
AG
Bird Poo said:

BrokeAssAggie said:

"Yay yay yay I like it oooooo! " Same effing lyric line in about every other song there... The writers are like "we can't think of any lyrics here so we'll just add this line here"
Philip J Fry
AG
No kidding. What chart is he looking at? NQ MACD is heavily bearish and yesterdays low broke the 12590 support line. Probably will see a bounce today, but that doesn't mean we are out of it.
Phat32
AG
Does Jim just reach into his ass every day for comments?
BlueTaze
FJ43 said:

Or expect a big rally?

This take was particularly bad

Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
BG reporting strong this morning with positive guidance, IMO. Should be nice and green today.

Moo!
ProgN
BlueTaze said:

FJ43 said:

Or expect a big rally?

This take was particularly bad

Cramer is like Fat Ketch at OB, always trying to play both sides.
BaylorSpineGuy
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-04-27/archegos-founder-hit-with-criminal-charges-in-massive-fund-rout

Get your popcorn ready.
austinAG90
AG
Equities Dead Cat Bounce On China Relaxation...Treasuries Drop...Still Worrisome

Equities soared overnight from a low of 4149 at the opening to 4217 at 4.23 am... But are now giving most of that bounce back, off 31 S+P points from the high... Google was part of the reason, but the reality is that equities finally gave in to higher interest rates last Thursday and while sentiment is still contrarian bad, we do not see it being over until we at least get close to next weeks Fed meeting...

Treasuries are off the low yields of yesterday, but still much better than the high yields of last week... We still think the top of rates are in for 2022, even before the Fed implements all their 50 and 25 rate rises for 2022, still 225 based in according to Wirp for 2022... We question that amount... As for today we still see a volatile range, which is keeping buyers of secondary credit on the sidelines... Ranges for treasuries

2 yrs 2.41 to 2.62
5 yrs 2.55 to 2.88
10 yrs 2.67 to 2.85
30 yrs 2.64 to 2.95

Curve is positive for the two key areas we watch, 2/10 +22 and 5/30 + 7... Short positions remain very heavy and rates could go significantly lower if CTA's and HF get stopped out or flipped long... Next week will be key as the Fed delivery of higher rates will be watched closely... This will be Powell's first live meeting with reporters asking questions in the same room as the Chair... Meanwhile Brainard got approved last night with only 52 votes... Powell should get reappointed by the end of the week... As should Jefferson... Cook is still a question mark

Yesterday treasuries, commodities, and the Dollar strengthened while equities fell sharply and corporate credit widened to fresh cycle highs... That was the sign we were waiting for... Bear markets are seen in both Nasdaq and Russell 2000..Treasuries steepened and remain steeper as we mentioned above. The Nasdaq 100 fell to 11 month lows while the Russell fell to 17 month lows...Vix soared above 30... While many are trying to attribute the sell off to one catalyst or another, China being the one we see most, not Russia, It is still flow based and equities finally reached their pressure point... We see support below, in futures, S+P around 4100 and Nasdaq just under 12,000... We started to leg in yesterday, small...

Speculative short positions in treasuries remain high as we start to approach a good seasonal period for buying, mid May through the end of June... Treasury supply has a tug and pull to it... Fed will start to let 60 billion a month roll off, while massive tax receipts will require a reduction... Central banks and foreign entities will be buying more treasuries and credit over the summer... But not yet today...The capitulation in equities and treasury shorts is brewing... Stay patient. Apple earnings tomorrow
McInnis 03
AG
Overnight NQ is 100% long, overnight ES is close to the same.............if the worm turns in the first hour it could be so ugly.
BrokeAssAggie
McInnis 03 said:

Overnight NQ is 100% long, overnight ES is close to the same.............if the worm turns in the first hour it could be so ugly.

McInnis 03
AG
That deep "V" with volume a few hours ago on all the majors (ES, NQ, RUT) has me wondering if that was the cleanup crew behind the parade? Could we march today?
jj9000
AG
austinAG90 said:

Apple earnings tomorrow

IMO...this is the catalyst.
texagbeliever
Given NFLX's subscription problem, is there any thought that AAPL's music/Apple TV could post similar subscription loss problems?

An old article from around their Q4 earnings in Jan. Basically 60% of Apple TV subscribers were on a free promotional offer back in January.
https://variety.com/2021/digital/news/apple-tv-plus-freeloader-problem-percent-free-1234890385/
Wannabud
AG
texagbeliever said:

Given NFLX's subscription problem, is there any thought that AAPL's music/Apple TV could post similar subscription loss problems?

An old article from around their Q4 earnings in Jan. Basically 60% of Apple TV subscribers were on a free promotional offer back in January.
https://variety.com/2021/digital/news/apple-tv-plus-freeloader-problem-percent-free-1234890385/
The Apple bundle is a different enough value proposition for customers that I don't think they will suffer the same level of cancelations. More diverse set of products and many might not even be there for the Apple TV component. We have it and I've only watched two shows on Apple TV in the last 3 years. And I obviously represent the average consumer....

Apple had been giving away the free Apple TV+ subs since they launched a few years ago (mainly with iPhone sales). Do they need to get people off the free subs and onto a paying sub? Yes, but I don't think it will be a huge needle mover. Too much of their performance will be tied to the iPhone.
texagbeliever
good point, they have much better diversification.
First Page Last Page
Page 5345 of 6618

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.