Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,010,689 Views | 231614 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by El_duderino
irish pete ag06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I love tradingview...

but I hate so much how you can't see the volume number on the bars at the bottom.
irish pete ag06
AG
Feels like a day that algos just rip bears faces off in power hour.
BenRev09
AG
boyz05 said:

Jet Black said:

If you had every last dime in WWR you would be in pretty good shape today, all things considered.

I'd say this article would get WWR investors excited.

https://1819news.com/news/item/new-black-gold-of-alabama-to-put-state-on-map-for-automakers-04-20-2022
clearly what we've seen in the market the last couple days since this article was written, is investors liquidating their positions to plow into WWR. There's fixin to be a serious lambo and butler shortage in this country
BrokeAssAggie
SoupNazi2001 said:

BrokeAssAggie said:

ok, as 30K would say, this is excessive.

Why is 10% off all time highs excessive given all the head winds out there. Big problems coming to the economy with substantially higher interest rates and continued record high inflation. It's the speed that it's happening which is the problem.
yes, excessive for a daily move.
FJ43
Bought LUMN June 12c at .28

Risk here obviously.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

sts7049
AG
i closed my position this morning, i didn't like where things were headed. glad i did.
BrokeAssAggie
Vix dropping. we going to rip a little into the close
FJ43
sts7049 said:

i closed my position this morning, i didn't like where things were headed. glad i did.

No harm in that. I've been on sidelines waiting for a trade entry. The SRs plus volume is why I took the trade.

Sorry for the view (driving and trading) but alert went off at my SR, checked it and looked a little tricksy movish. So made sense to try.

Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.

Triple_Bagger
SoupNazi2001 said:

BrokeAssAggie said:

SoupNazi2001 said:

BrokeAssAggie said:

ok, as 30K would say, this is excessive.

Why is 10% off all time highs excessive given all the head winds out there. Big problems coming to the economy with substantially higher interest rates and continued record high inflation. It's the speed that it's happening which is the problem.
yes, excessive for a daily move.

Not in a bear market
Name checks out
FTAG 2000
AG
TSLA max pain for today is $1000.

Funny how that worked out.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
So....we gonna puke or rally?
Saltyag15
AG
Looking like a puke into the close
Red Red Wine
AG
The Dow in mid-April 2021: 33,874

The Dow today: 33,863

Thanks, Biden.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Wow that fake rally to close and then marching it back down to 4275 was dirty!!! If I wouldn't have closed out my 4310P, those would be more than 3x 4x right now.
planoaggie123
AG
#putinstockdump
FJ43
FJ43 said:

Bought LUMN June 12c at .28

Risk here obviously.

Unless my alert is wrong someone just bought 1.8k contracts of the same strike 4 min ago.

$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Just now looking at things.

Yowza

I think there will be a retrace next week of sorts.
You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
sts7049
AG
yeah, i took some SPY 430s about 30min before close and quickly lost a few hundred bucks on those before closing them a few minutes later.

bloody week, glad it's over.
Chef Elko
AG
SPY 450 to 425 in under two days. Jeez
AgOutsideAustin
AG
Hmmm now I'm starting to get interested again, will check back when the S&P gets around 4050.
Brewmaster
AG
Danwell Home said:

SPY 450 to 425 in under two days. Jeez
I went long a lotto sized SPY call position at the close. Mancini likes this area for a hard bounce. I just didn't expect it to get there today!
J.P. 03
AG
If you guys need someone to laugh at to take the sting off a painful week, at least you aren't the guy who lost money on a trade involving SPY puts today. I rode the slow, painful grind down for over an hour but got stopped out on that fake breakout at 1:35. Naturally, it was almost straight down from there. Just did the math, and the guy on the other end of that transaction made at least a 6-bagger in 20 minutes. Hopefully it was one of y'all.
irish pete ag06
AG
People like me. Here's yet again another less on why you don't average down on short term options.

If I had cut when I averaged down, I would have taken a 10 to 13% loss.

Instead it's a 40% loss times 2.

Luckily I play small, but this is the lack of discipline I seem to let creep back in.
ProgN
AgOutsideAustin said:

Hmmm now I'm starting to get interested again, will check back when the S&P gets around 4050.
FJ43
ProgN said:

AgOutsideAustin said:

THE Duke !!!!

Brewmaster
AG
trade a week out, or at least a few days. I mostly get killed on 0dte's. I just avoid them now, unless it's literally 1 OTM lotto. and that loss of 328 looks like a good spot to have added puts. There was a similar fake breakout earlier today that I traded (but SPY). keep your chin up, I'm still learning too.

hopefully we get 30k back on Monday, if we rally there will be serious money to be made!
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I don't think we will get to 4050 this cycle.

I am still in TLT and QQQ. I will seek to exit on a retrace and we have time to do so.

Wild times. I don't have access to a PC, but we have to be below -3.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
You wanna see horrific loss, i should show you all the spy calls and tsla and twtr spreads and flys i had expire worthless today!

Maybe you already do this but one thing I've been doing in the last few months where we just get ground down from level to level over the course of the day, is instead of doubling down by buying more of the same call, i buy fewer contracts of a lower strike. Like i started with 2 450s yesterday, then when we hit a level got a 448, 447, 445 (prob added these as we sat on support for a while), then finally a 440 when we hit 438. Usually get whatever strike is .75 to a buck. Of course it didn't work out this time lol.

Also i assume you're not grudge-adding, but waiting until we hit some level (and hopefully confirm) before you double down?
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Down day for me too. Couldn't manage positions and didn't expect it to be this bad.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Interesting thing is everything sold off.

In 50K account, it will be Ok. We own the shares and these are quality entities.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Charismatic Megafauna said:

Or we follow the lower s/r on the spy weekly, finish today without fanfare then touch both 428.5ish (not open) and 465 next week

465 next week (more like 463 now) or full recession time?
Bob Knights Paper Hands
I lost almost 10% of trading account on TSLA puts on that reversal this morning. As soon as it hit my stop, there was a big green candle and I couldn't close fast enough. I made a little back scalping during day. I'm still up for the week, but damnitt that sucks.
BaylorSpineGuy
Seriously? 465, you think? This last retrace got nailed at 450. I'm guessing like 438-440 once this thing finds a bottom.
First Page Last Page
Page 5328 of 6618

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.