Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,025,742 Views | 231616 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by ProgN
djmeen95
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Triple_Bagger said:

Charismatic Megafauna said:

I thought we were supposed to be buying dis calls on nflx weakness
Do the parks even matter for revenue? And wouldn't Florida lose like 90% of its tourism if they pulled out?
I bought calls and more shares at $125. Disney isn't pulling out of Florida and this bill won't really hurt their bottom line. They lose some tax write-offs from being their own government of the Reedy Creek District but that's a rounding error on their revenue.

Heck - looks like they might not even lose their write-offs…

https://wdwnt.com/2022/04/dissolution-of-reedy-creek-improvement-district-must-be-approved-by-majority-of-residents-according-to-florida-statute/

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
FJ43 said:

Cutting off your nose to spite your face.
ProgN

Couldn't happen to a better lying crying ******bag.
BaylorSpineGuy
Couldn't agree more :-). Also, this should make any potential investor take pause. This is what I was getting at last night.

Their solutions to their poor earnings report were not great. None of their solutions were geeeed toward improving the experience for the user.

They are also predicting 2M subscriber loss in the quarter to come. This one may continue to fall a ways.

California Workers Pension Fund had a bunch of NFLX too, it seems. That fund got blown up today.
LMCane

Do the parks even matter for revenue? And wouldn't Florida lose like 90% of its tourism if they pulled out?
leftists make that claim on the socials.

but anyone even remotely thinking about this can realize that MORE THAN 10% of tourists do not go to Disney.

Think about that- millions of tourists flood into florida every year- and somehow 9 out of 10 of them go to Orlando and Disney world?!?

Uh, no. that's ignoring Miami. Tampa Bay. Dustin. St. Augustine. PGA at Sawgrass (Ponte Vedra). even accounting for people coming into the state to watch sporting events such as spring training and SEC/ACC football!
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
You hate to see it!
ProgN

You hate to see it!

ETA: I'll never forgive his CNBC interview regarding Covid when it first started and then his fund banked 1B+ during that time. He's no better than Zach Morris and the other pump/dump dicks. He just has TV access.
BaylorSpineGuy
He's white Chamath.

I wish him all the financial success Jesse Livermore had during the Great Depression.
Brewmaster
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

mutually assured destruction, basically. Huge economic impact to Florida. They're betting Disney won't do it.

I think Disney world should move to central Texas personally.
I'd rather they move to China, their headed there in many ways. I canceled Disney Plus about a year ago, never been happier. Basically they've become far left child groomers.

sorry back to stocks, let's make some dough the rest of this week.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Sucks you're gonna miss Obi-Wan.
ProgN
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Sucks you're gonna miss Obi-Wan.
Having principles outweigh entertainment.

Be careful flicking the splinter out of your neighbor's eye. If ROKU misses earnings, it could see $50 and you might cancel Disney+ for a completely different reason.

ETA: You might want to read this article.

https://seekingalpha.com/article/4502347-stocks-to-avoid-now?mailingid=27433747&messageid=must_reads&serial=27433747.2119288&utm_campaign=Must%2BRead%2BApril%2B20%2C%2B2022&utm_content=seeking_alpha&utm_medium=email&utm_source=seeking_alpha&utm_term=must_reads
FJ43
jimmo said:

$LUMN
FJ, you scalping the range? or waiting for the breakout?
or
both lol
Sorry for the delay. In the diligence phase of an acquisition and neck deep in financial data armageddon.

I round tripped calls multiple times on the way up. I've stayed on the sidelines with the range just watching. Today it closed over the 200 EMA for the first time since early Feb. Really looks like building consolidation.

I didn't buy calls today but plan to buy June 12c. Probably tomorrow. Hoping for a little move back under and over the 200. Look at the OI on the 12,13 & 15c.

Dividends aren't bad FYI for shares.

Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

FJ43

okay, so i am the luckiest SOB on the planet.

I bought SPX 4465C yesterday at the close at $16 because, well, we closed above the down trend. I was able to sell them just now at $24.5. I had a 1% position overnight, so not the end of the world, but I was enough to be annoyed about it. They were $6.50 at 3:15 pm after Netflix crapped the bed.

Folks, another reason to trade SPX is 24 hour trading....
Good call! Downtrend breaks are usually no brainer plays. Some of my favorite.

Congrats.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.

jwhitlock3

okay, so i am the luckiest SOB on the planet.

I bought SPX 4465C yesterday at the close at $16 because, well, we closed above the down trend. I was able to sell them just now at $24.5. I had a 1% position overnight, so not the end of the world, but I was enough to be annoyed about it. They were $6.50 at 3:15 pm after Netflix crapped the bed.

Folks, another reason to trade SPX is 24 hour trading....

Wait you can trade SPX options 24 hours?? It's not restricted to just equity in after hours?
FJ43
sts7049 said:

i bought some LUMN june 14Cs as my TSLA earnings sympathy lotto
I think you'll be good on this play. I like a lower strike but I'd bet you get the movement for a nice trade between here and there.

TxAG#2011
Anyone taking a stab at T for the ret accounts? Looks like its on some very long term support
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Not sure what ROKU has to do with what I said, but if it sees $50 you better believe I'm going on a shopping spree.
FJ43
TxAG#2011 said:

Anyone taking a stab at T for the ret accounts? Looks like its on some very long term support
Farmers the resident T expert. He probably owns half the company by now and milks the dividend.

Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
FJ43 said:

TxAG#2011 said:

Farmers the resident T expert. He probably owns half the company by now and milks the dividend.
FJ you're cracking me up! LOL!

TxAG#2011-
*Yes, T is a good play on it's dividend and is at a long term support now. The company is cash cow. Senior Leadership has tried to kill this company a few times. The company has survived some of the worst decisions a leadership team can make and still pumps out cash.
*It's like a bond, so if you're looking for TSLA daily volatility action, it's not going to happen.

You didn't ask for the below info, but I'm adding..

*I do own a pile of T. Here's exactly what I do,....prior to WBD deal, and now after WBD deal. During WBD deal I could not use my normal strategy due to constant changes in the Discovery deal, I digress.
*Hold your T through Ex-Eff date to secure your dividend payment.
*After the dividend correction period and the stock gets back to par or near par, be ready to sell a portion. (read on)
*Survey the market for a hot stock but have awareness of how the hot stock trades, the ebbs & flows. Take your cash from your T sale and buy the hot stock. You should have a good idea about how much you can make in a quick position. Set your exit profit.
*Next, sell your hot stock position and hopefully you made a healthy profit.
*Take your proceeds and re-enter T before the next quarter Ex-Eff date so you can get the next dividend. You will likely be buying more T shares, not just from your extra profit from the hot stock trade, but you'll likely reduce the original cost basis and pick up more T shares that way too. T has a tendency of being range bound in price (remember I said it was like a bond) and you'll likely end up buying (repositioning) at a price less then when you sold.
*A lot of folks will tell you that investing in T is "dead money" or "a value trap for the dividend". ---Why yes it is!--- But if you don't work this gift opportunity and just let your money sit, it's your own fault.
*It's like buying a great investment for the dividend, taking the dividend, selling the investment, doing something profitable temporarily with the money until the next dividend and when you come back to re-establish your position for that next dividend - nothing changed and you just buy a larger position. Wash, rinse and repeat.

I usually take 30% of my T and convert to trading dollars, but it all goes back to T before the next quarter. I just took a position in BG at $125ps yesterday with my T money. I'll be exiting BG with $10K gain, or more, by mid May. I will hold longer if I think the reward is there. (I don't have to be back repositioned in my T until early July) I will collect the BG dividend (0.525ps), likely. If I have to sell the BG shares quick during the dividend adjustment period, I'll be okay losing 50 cents because my per share gain will be much greater. I expect that I will re-establish my T at $19.45 or less (better).

Tomorrow, before the bell, T will announce Q1 ER. If T rally's 50 cents a share, I don't worry. That's a huge move (remember I said T acts like a bond). I'll be patient and rebuy when the excitement abates and the price comes down. The only thing that can blow up this strategy is - if T senior leadership announces a share buyback. If a buyback is announced, I'll lick some wounds. CEO Stankey said T would not consider a share buyback until 2023 or 2024. I'll take the gamble. Even if I get blown up, it's not major for me. Adjust your risk accordingly. This is how I manage a "dead money" position that I want invested in something semi-safe and solid..

It's interesting, T is like an ol' Lab sitting and waiting for you at the end of the driveway after you come back from some journey. Always there for you and you pick up where you left off until it's time to go again.

T should ride up to $22 before the year ends.

If you don't have time or the "want to" to do what I described above, T continues to be safe as a bond. A good investment and I actually think the shares will be appreciating long term versus what has happened over the last several years.
BrokeAssAggie
Futures looking real green and this thread is crickets

sts7049
AG
4500 is a big level, if we break through it's rippy time. might pull back a little there though.
austinAG90
AG
Morning...little catch up this morning....

Treasuries Bear Flatten Overnight...Then Reverse...Powell Up Today...50 Lock?

At the beginning of the week Bloomberg had an article that said Powell speaks twice today... Once in the morning and then with Lagarde at 1 PM in an IMF Panel on the Global Economy... We have never seen another reference to where Powell may be speaking this morning, but we will scour headlines... In the afternoon we have clients wondering if Powell will spill the beans on a 50 hike, thereby locking it in like he did in the Congress with the March move... WIRP now has 50 for May at 100% with another 7 hikes built in for the rest of the year...we still firmly believe that the Fed will use the Balance Sheet unwind to reduce that number, but we are clearly in the minority.

Overnight we saw some Asian selling as the 10 year went from 2.83 to 2.88... It seems like a normal day is a move of 10-15 basis... Yesterday 10 years went from a high yield of 2.975 to 2.82 near the close... The 20 year auction was a blowout...it also moved big from a high of 3.22 to 3.05... We can expect another big move today depending on Powell... Two ECB governors were talking this morning about raising rates in July... We expect Largarde to back pedal that today... Large European supply is also weighing on markets...

Equities continue to have a strong reversal bid... Those looking for 4000 S+P are going to have to wait as S+P futures pushes 4500 this morning, up about 40 points... Inflation is here to stay and equities may be the only game in town... Yesterday we saw in the evening commentaries we read that German PPI was a blowout yesterday... You could not even guess close... And if you thought our last PPI was high, at 11.2%, yesterday German PPI was up just under 31%...YIKES...

Flows... There remains oversized shorts in both 2 years and 10 years... Some of the long bond shorts were forced to cover yesterday. Bearish momentum in the 30 year looks exhausted with yesterday's outside day candle pattern... We expect volatility to continue...

Corporates issued over 10 billion yesterday...order books were frothy at 4.5 times.. And new issue concessions were strong at only 4.7 basis...we have already exceeded the estimates for the week with 40 billion versus 30 billion.
McInnis 03
AG
BaylorSpineGuy said:

Can you plz explain? I saw people saying this but didn't know the reference or meaning. Thx

Take the few minutes it takes to watch.
Brewmaster
AG
sts7049 said:

4500 is a big level, if we break through it's rippy time. might pull back a little there though.
sounds like Mancini thinks at least some cool off/ pullback here. I'm taking profits at open on my calls, and just sold some SPXL
Bonfire1996
AG
Jobless claims at 184,000. Rates will continue to skyrocket. Economy is crushing but inflation sapping up what would be record cash flows.
McInnis 03
AG
austinAG90 said:

Morning...little catch up this morning....

Treasuries Bear Flatten Overnight...Then Reverse...Powell Up Today...50 Lock?

At the beginning of the week Bloomberg had an article that said Powell speaks twice today... Once in the morning and then with Lagarde at 1 PM in an IMF Panel on the Global Economy... We have never seen another reference to where Powell may be speaking this morning, but we will scour headlines... In the afternoon we have clients wondering if Powell will spill the beans on a 50 hike, thereby locking it in like he did in the Congress with the March move... WIRP now has 50 for May at 100% with another 7 hikes built in for the rest of the year...we still firmly believe that the Fed will use the Balance Sheet unwind to reduce that number, but we are clearly in the minority.

Overnight we saw some Asian selling as the 10 year went from 2.83 to 2.88... It seems like a normal day is a move of 10-15 basis... Yesterday 10 years went from a high yield of 2.975 to 2.82 near the close... The 20 year auction was a blowout...it also moved big from a high of 3.22 to 3.05... We can expect another big move today depending on Powell... Two ECB governors were talking this morning about raising rates in July... We expect Largarde to back pedal that today... Large European supply is also weighing on markets...

Equities continue to have a strong reversal bid... Those looking for 4000 S+P are going to have to wait as S+P futures pushes 4500 this morning, up about 40 points... Inflation is here to stay and equities may be the only game in town... Yesterday we saw in the evening commentaries we read that German PPI was a blowout yesterday... You could not even guess close... And if you thought our last PPI was high, at 11.2%, yesterday German PPI was up just under 31%...YIKES...

Flows... There remains oversized shorts in both 2 years and 10 years... Some of the long bond shorts were forced to cover yesterday. Bearish momentum in the 30 year looks exhausted with yesterday's outside day candle pattern... We expect volatility to continue...

Corporates issued over 10 billion yesterday...order books were frothy at 4.5 times.. And new issue concessions were strong at only 4.7 basis...we have already exceeded the estimates for the week with 40 billion versus 30 billion.
Anyone in the "I'll never understand bonds" club? Oh well. I'm long TLT. Tell me to bail out and I will AustinAg.
BrokeAssAggie
TSLA ripping. Just need it to hold to sell my calls on the open
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
We're just smokin' the tires this week. Wait til you see the race next week.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
BrokeAssAggie said:

Futures looking real green and this thread is crickets

Because futures are a fugazi.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
But how was the fishing!?
ProgN
The bloodsucking law firms are already coming out with their shareholder suits against NFLX.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
What's a good leveraged volatility etf now? Vxx got wiped out didn't it?
McInnis 03
AG
Does anyone here have money parked at Wink.org using the Tron network to finance that gambling outfit over there? I've seen some mention how well they do with their dividends there, and I'm curious if anyone here has been participating?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
What's going on with UAL?
Dupree
Rippy
First Page Last Page
Page 5318 of 6618

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.