Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,029,039 Views | 231616 Replies | Last: 9 hrs ago by ProgN
Bob Knights Paper Hands
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Maybe not tradable by itself, but if we note call volumes in the future maybe it guides us to toss out some lottos on Vixperation Tuesday afternoons?
Brewmaster
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

okay, so i am the luckiest SOB on the planet.

I bought SPX 4465C yesterday at the close at $16 because, well, we closed above the down trend. I was able to sell them just now at $24.5. I had a 1% position overnight, so not the end of the world, but I was enough to be annoyed about it. They were $6.50 at 3:15 pm after Netflix crapped the bed.

Folks, another reason to trade SPX is 24 hour trading....
did you still have any runners for Mancini's magical 4500 target? or are you just minimizing risk and taking profits? 4492 is his precise target I believe.
Brewmaster
AG
irish pete ag06
AG
BaylorSpineGuy said:

CLOV is/was such a dumpster fire. Chamath pumped and dumped that one like a boss. Touched $28 at one point and fell to $1.95. A cool 93% drop from ATH. But fear not…it's rallied to $3!

In the height of bull markets, mania/speculation run wild. But don't feel bad if you've lost money in 2021. Most people did. Even Issac Newton lost all his wealth in South Seas Trading Co. he was famously quoted as saying, "I can calculate the movement of celestial bodies. But I couldn't calculate the madness of a crowd." I have an audiobook called "Devil Takes the Hindmost". It's a history of market speculation. Fascinating stuff.

I know I've learned powerful lessons this year. I hope to be ready for the next manic bull market. They will come again and be just as wild as this one was.
CLOV is my biggest loser of all time... in my ROTH IRA, so I haven't cut the bag yet.
TecRecAg
AG
I think I own like 5 shares of NFLX, but even I have to say that's one of the more impressive gap downs I've ever seen. Incredible.
Ccutamu
irish pete ag06 said:

BaylorSpineGuy said:

CLOV is/was such a dumpster fire. Chamath pumped and dumped that one like a boss. Touched $28 at one point and fell to $1.95. A cool 93% drop from ATH. But fear not…it's rallied to $3!

In the height of bull markets, mania/speculation run wild. But don't feel bad if you've lost money in 2021. Most people did. Even Issac Newton lost all his wealth in South Seas Trading Co. he was famously quoted as saying, "I can calculate the movement of celestial bodies. But I couldn't calculate the madness of a crowd." I have an audiobook called "Devil Takes the Hindmost". It's a history of market speculation. Fascinating stuff.

I know I've learned powerful lessons this year. I hope to be ready for the next manic bull market. They will come again and be just as wild as this one was.
CLOV is my biggest loser of all time... in my ROTH IRA, so I haven't cut the bag yet.
Right there with you. Remember, a Clinton is involved so there is always hope. They don't put their hands on anything for nothing.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Roku recovering nicely from the Netflix donkey punch.
irish pete ag06
AG
Ccutamu said:

irish pete ag06 said:

BaylorSpineGuy said:

Right there with you. Remember, a Clinton is involved so there is always hope. They don't put their hands on anything for nothing.
I know. One of the only reasons I'm holding on...
Bob Knights Paper Hands
TSLA still could go either way for me this morning. 4/22 1000C or 1050P. Waiting another 5 minutes to confirm, but unfortunately it looks like puts.
TecRecAg
AG
NVDA wasting zero time filling that gap up this morning.
Ragoo
AG
Bob Knights Liver said:

TSLA still could go either way for me this morning. 4/22 1000C or 1050P. Waiting another 5 minutes to confirm, but unfortunately it looks like puts.
probably touches the ONL
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Switching to 1020P. I may have missed the big move, but we'll see. Stop is $1022.9
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Big bull/bear fight here on TSLA. If we get down to yesterday's open at 1005, I'll likely take some profits.
cptthunder
Wasted no time filling the SPY gap...now what?
AgCPA95
AG
BrokeAssAggie said:

perhaps the easiest trade today, but netflix will have to retrace some of that down draft. Don't over risk, but there will be money to be made on this.

Looking at weekly calls?

Looks to be in a freefall but has to bottom out soon?
BrokeAssAggie
If NFLX holds $230 I think we may get a little bounce.
wanderer

do you guys want to keep the QQQ calls or book profits.

Answer fast
still hanging on to the June QQQ calls after this morning's dump?
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Netflix move now excessive.
You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
wanderer said:

do you guys want to keep the QQQ calls or book profits.

Answer fast
still hanging on to the June QQQ calls after this morning's dump?

Yes. We have tons of time.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Bob Knights Liver said:

Big bull/bear fight here on TSLA. If we get down to yesterday's open at 1005, I'll likely take some profits.

I'm taking profits here. Sold all puts. 20% gain.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Premiums inflating in Tsla. Look for lift
Triple_Bagger
DIS beatdown after NFLX miss.

DIS dropped from 145 to 130 the last time NFLX missed and then went to 160 after DIS reported earnings.

DIS reports 5/11 AMC. The 5/13 C150 is 0.30. Cheap lotto?
Saltyag15
AG
DOCU and PYPL getting creamed this morning. No specific news, but I'm guessing another downward move due to rates, or something related to NFLX.
BrokeAssAggie

Premiums inflating in Tsla. Look for lift
picked up some $1030 calls here. $23 entry.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Lotto. Netflix 235C at 5.5
Ag CPA
AG
Some of the moves in these large-cap tech/growth stocks on earnings have been mind-blowing the past two quarters.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
They have to scare the children
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Alright who broke it?
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Netflix move is stupid now. This is now a value.
BrokeAssAggie
here comes the TSLA reversal.
Spoony Love
AG
So is that a gap fill in the first hour then?
FTAG 2000
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Alright who broke it?
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I bought 100 shares of Netflix as a trade. I'm pretty confident this will retrace some.
wanderer
QQQ and SPY bouncing perfectly off Woodies pivot this morning.
BrokeAssAggie
wanderer said:

QQQ and SPY bouncing perfectly off Woodies pivot this morning.
First Page Last Page
Page 5313 of 6618

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.