Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,028,977 Views | 231616 Replies | Last: 9 hrs ago by ProgN
Charismatic Megafauna
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
BaylorSpineGuy said:

Keep eye on CRXT and SNOA. Both low float pharma stocks with high short interest.

Take particular notice of SNOA. Float is only a tick over 2M shares with more than 30% short interest. About every 35-40 days it has a quick spike and retreat. Maybe a good play if timed well. No options chain available.

Looks like crxt is finally doing things. Apparently data release has been scheduled? Lots of bios gettin jiggy lately
cptthunder
BaylorSpineGuy said:

If you're not free, you're already a winner.

This stock has been hyped to no end on this board. Am convinced this board holds 40% of the company. But its long term chart is not encouraging. Maybe one day it curls out of the long downward channel.

I'm in the same boat as FJ with just trading these pops for 15-20% gains especially with news like this out there also
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/tesla-graphite-supplier-lands-107-203005737.html
Bob Knights Paper Hands
I did that with MGNI - slowly acquired net free shares over time by selling on pops. I ended up making money, but when it really went ham, I had like 15% of my intended shares and didn't add, thinking it would come back. I went harder and less responsibly with WWR. I did sell some on pops, but when my buy more target of $4.80 hit and then it never popped back up I was stuck with lots of bags. Lesson learned, I guess. Again.

But when it magically goes to $21 then all of that poor judgement will be forgiven. Women will love me and men will want to be me again.
Seven Costanza
AG
What were the "mass accumulation" stocks? Off the top of my head, WWR, CLOV, UWMC, EBON, MBIO. Can't recall the others. Are any of them not down 50-70% over the past year?
tlepoC
AG
No
YNWA_AG
AG
Seven Costanza said:

What were the "mass accumulation" stocks? Off the top of my head, WWR, CLOV, UWMC, EBON, MBIO. Can't recall the others. Are any of them not down 50-70% over the past year?

I don't think any of those were officially mass accumulation besides WWR
jimmo
$LUMN
FJ, you scalping the range? or waiting for the breakout?
or
both lol
McInnis 03
AG
Are they uncertain?

BaylorSpineGuy
CLOV is/was such a dumpster fire. Chamath pumped and dumped that one like a boss. Touched $28 at one point and fell to $1.95. A cool 93% drop from ATH. But fear not…it's rallied to $3!

In the height of bull markets, mania/speculation run wild. But don't feel bad if you've lost money in 2021. Most people did. Even Issac Newton lost all his wealth in South Seas Trading Co. he was famously quoted as saying, "I can calculate the movement of celestial bodies. But I couldn't calculate the madness of a crowd." I have an audiobook called "Devil Takes the Hindmost". It's a history of market speculation. Fascinating stuff.

I know I've learned powerful lessons this year. I hope to be ready for the next manic bull market. They will come again and be just as wild as this one was.
lobwedgephil
Good looking flow, but doesn't mean it works. A few weeks ago, they came in on a dip and sold 10M in SPX same day exp puts and bought 10M in same days SPX calls. Thought for sure the floor was in and would hit their number, they got crushed that day. You never know the full position because of the nature of how institutions use options.
Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
AG
Bob Knights Liver said:

I did that with MGNI - slowly acquired net free shares over time by selling on pops. I ended up making money, but when it really went ham, I had like 15% of my intended shares and didn't add, thinking it would come back. I went harder and less responsibly with WWR. I did sell some on pops, but when my buy more target of $4.80 hit and then it never popped back up I was stuck with lots of bags. Lesson learned, I guess. Again.

But when it magically goes to $21 then all of that poor judgement will be forgiven. Women will love me and men will want to be me again.

Don't you worry fellow high $4s cost Basis Astronaut. Them boys at WWR will be coming back for us stranded astronauts on the way to Mars. We just have hang out for a bit.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Nice. Something something Apes something something HODL something to the moon.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Alright men! Europe is green, Asia is green besides China, and futures are back to even after the NFLX disaster yesterday. If tech shakes this off we are ready for another inexplainable melt up, SAVA and WWR are trading at 2020 prices, and I'm up before dawn looking at stocks. We green?

BaylorSpineGuy
What did everyone think of NFLX future after listening to co-CEO last night? I caught something for a minute on Bloomberg and I was fairly unimpressed.

They discussed ways that they are looking at to improve their balance sheet. Ok, sure. They listed reducing subscription price but adding advertisements. Uhhhh….that sounds awful. They also mentioned paying less money for big productions, movies, series, etc.

Their answer last quarter to their horrible earnings report was to inc sub price. Also, not a good solution. None of the things they proposed actually are good for customers. It's only gonna drive them to their competitors.

It was sorta depressing. Now, this company has always pivoted to stay relevant over the last 10 yrs. No reason to think they won't still figure it out at some point, but my guess is it may bleed slowly down further. It's now below COVID lows.
BaylorSpineGuy
Looking at opening a TLT position today. Red hammer two days back a doji yesterday. TLT opening up over a point today. Looking to open some calls dated out a few months. Multi day swing here. Still suspect it won't bottom till around 90-100 but it's badly oversold and due for a correction, IMO.
sts7049
AG
250 seems to be a key level for NFLX going back a few years. if that doesn't hold then it could look ugly (or uglier)
ProgN
A lot of people will be booking huge losses on NFLX today. That pool of investors won't even have it on their screen until at least 31 days so it should continue to drift after a dead cat bounce.
aglaw10
NFLX massive drop is strange to me, the media is saying due to subscriber losses but they added 500k new customers (they chose to eliminate 700k subscribers in Russia when they decided to pull out over Ukraine). That is a one time loss of subscribers and revenues still grew and are expected to grow double digits year over year. What am I missing?
gig em 02
aglaw10 said:

NFLX massive drop is strange to me, the media is saying due to subscriber losses but they added 500k new customers (they chose to eliminate 700k subscribers in Russia when they decided to pull out over Ukraine). That is a one time loss of subscribers and revenues still grew and are expected to grow double digits year over year. What am I missing?

30+ p/e is overvalued on a company that has to sprint nonstop to maintain itself with limited growth potential
Ag13
AG
gig em 02 said:

aglaw10 said:

30+ p/e is overvalued on a company that has to sprint nonstop to maintain itself with limited growth potential

And further to that … there's non stop competition now in the space. Netflix went many years as basically the only premium streaming service. Now there are more than I can count and the content on Netflix is no longer number 1 (in my opinion).
ProgN
Also, inflation is only getting worse for consumers especially food and energy which makes force more people to cutback. If w go into a recession then layoffs will follow. All that puts NFLX subs on the chopping block.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
I don't know that I like this large volume green for SPY and QQQ over the last 10 minutes. A large gap up to start the day would make me less confident in a green trend day. Maybe I've just been abused by the market too much recently?
BrokeAssAggie
Yeah, WTF is going on?
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
okay, so i am the luckiest SOB on the planet.

I bought SPX 4465C yesterday at the close at $16 because, well, we closed above the down trend. I was able to sell them just now at $24.5. I had a 1% position overnight, so not the end of the world, but I was enough to be annoyed about it. They were $6.50 at 3:15 pm after Netflix crapped the bed.

Folks, another reason to trade SPX is 24 hour trading....
You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
perhaps the easiest trade today, but netflix will have to retrace some of that down draft. Don't over risk, but there will be money to be made on this.
You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
McInnis 03
AG
BrokeAssAggie
$30,000 Millionaire said:

perhaps the easiest trade today, but netflix will have to retrace some of that down draft. Don't over risk, but there will be money to be made on this.

Looking at weekly calls?
Wannabud
AG
NFLX needs live sports with an ad revenue model in my opinion. Case in point, Drive to Survive has been a huge success and has increased F1 viewership in the U.S. to ESPN's benefit..... NFLX needs to be getting that action on the back end where they have the ability to create a nice fly wheel effect.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
VIX is almost down to 20. If we hold below that we could get sustained rip. If the markets stop caring about what the Feds say or if the Fedspeak turns dovish, we could move up quickly.
McInnis 03
AG
VIXperation is this morning, they gotta kill it with fire here.
wanderer
$30,000 Millionaire said:

from today's low to today's high, we've done a 38.2% retrace, which is considered normal price movement. I won't be shocked to see QQQ open above 347 tomorrow or under 342.

Bob Knights Paper Hands
McInnis 03 said:

This is conveniently timed to have VIX drop to it's lowest since 4/5. Do you think this is manipulation and if so does that change how you see market direction?
Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
AG
Bob Knights Liver said:

VIX is almost down to 20. If we hold below that we could get sustained rip. If the markets stop caring about what the Feds say or if the Fedspeak turns dovish, we could move up quickly.
But we have the gauntlet of the Fed governors speaking today that I am sure is just going to be all peaches and creamy about the state of the economy and inflation
McInnis 03
AG
Bob Knights Liver said:

McInnis 03 said:

This is conveniently timed to have VIX drop to it's lowest since 4/5. Do you think this is manipulation and if so does that change how you see market direction?
I'm the last person you want market direction from. I've had TERRIBLE reads lately. I just feel like we see a Wednesday morning pump every time VIX is expiring. At least lately it's been the theme I think.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
SPX MAs are really tight these days. The 100-SMA is the high at 4545.18 and the 200-EMA is the low at 4415.52. Less than 3% difference from low to the high. When we do go, we'll go big, whichever way that is.
First Page Last Page
Page 5312 of 6618

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.