Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,032,794 Views | 231624 Replies | Last: 14 min ago by Happygilmore20
$30,000 Millionaire
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
not liking AAPL action.

Selling 2 here at 2.68

setting stop on final at 2.45
You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
TubTub
TecRecAg
AG
I felt like I had a pretty loose stop but they still got caught in a flash down. Would be up even bigger had I not. Oh well, $500 I didn't have when the morning started.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
If TSLA breaks 1026.25, above the top of the recent range, it could run. It still feels like chasing though, so I have a hard time getting in more than a lotto.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Charismatic Megafauna said:

Bob Knights Liver said:

Charismatic Megafauna said:

Buying weekly twtr spreads on this morning's weakness is dumb, right? I should be buying puts instead?

These are working out pretty well for you so far.

Low key 7.5% day... I'm excited to see how this plays out!

Tomorrow is 4/20
It's possible he decides to just burn it down...
cageybee77
AG
TecRecAg said:

I felt like I had a pretty loose stop but they still got caught in a flash down. Would be up even bigger had I not. Oh well, $500 I didn't have when the morning started.
using stops with NVDA seems an artform all by itself.....I have not mastered it (like anyone could) but I'm getting to the point where I'm right more often than wrong.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

not liking AAPL action.

Selling 2 here at 2.68

setting stop on final at 2.45
well, that sucks.

Move stop on final to $3
Brewmaster
AG
tons of AAPL flow
TecRecAg
AG
I broke the golden rule of going back to see what they're worth point in time. I left a lot on the table. yeesh. Live and learn.
BrokeAssAggie
Bob Knights Liver said:

If TSLA breaks 1026.25, above the top of the recent range, it could run. It still feels like chasing though, so I have a hard time getting in more than a lotto.
1036 is my next level. LFG!
wanderer
UPST too, still running. Profit is profit though.....
BrokeAssAggie
BrokeAssAggie said:

BrokeAssAggie said:

Bob Knights Liver said:

I think TSLA reverses to the upside again, but still waiting to confirm before even dipping toes.
I added some 4/22 $1055 calls here. $12.80 entry.
moving stop to $14 to lock in a profit.
sold 75% to go net free.
BaylorSpineGuy
I decided not to chase CMG. Quite $$$ pricy. But it's up today good. Congrats if u took it.
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
Today, I'm buying XOM, BG, MOS, CORN, WEAT, SOYB.

Seasonality on ag commodities appears not to be holding in most sectors. Dips/setbacks just aren't happening.

XOM, will likely hold until May dividend and then re-evaluate. (non ag, but just saying I'm buying)

BG, largest soy processor in the world. Veg Oil supply on most minds. Shares should go to $150. Likely not a buyer after that and only hold position; however, it could drift up to $300 over 2 years. 2 years would be a cycle to get bean S&D back to normality. Would be out of this stock before the end of 2 years if thoughts were to hold long term. Earnings report the end of this month. (Side Note: Their CEO, we use to trade against each other. One of their Board members, PE Fund of a project I worked for. Both of these guys know the biz. Have great respect for both.)

MOS, this one should nearly double from here (150-ish).

As noted above, seasonality not showing itself this year.

Spring Wheat planting in northern clim's delayed...not warming up fast enough with snow on the ground to allow for planting(we got snow on Holy Saturday). Relatives in Bismarck, ND got 16 inches on Holy Thursday. Those acres could go to beans or corn. Last ag update I gave I said corn could be bigger story than wheat. Looks like wheat is repositioning itself to maintain top story line with Spring wheat situation occurring.

Soy crushers making money hand-over-fist, historic. The counter to the profit comment is "costs" have gone up....dont care...costs can go up 2X and these guys will still print money.

Both beans and corn planting progress across U.S. is slow. Weather is not cooperating.

The CORN position, I'll likely be out around Memorial Day as noted previously. Memorial Day exit is super strong seasonal. If this seasonality indicator fails, hang on for a wild ride in commodities and get ready for a new experience at the grocery store.

WEAT and SOYB positions, likely exit before end of June, but may rethink these ones.

China looking to buy corn and beans. South America keeps getting their bean crop estimates reduced.

Article just published on Market-Watch. Yellen is probably right on this one.
https://www.marketwatch.com/story/yellen-warns-10-million-more-people-face-poverty-due-to-higher-food-prices-2022-04-19?mod=bnbh
Philip J Fry
AG
Pretty much the same boat I'm in. Made a nice profit in my day trading account, but I've been hit hard in my long account. I keep telling myself that the mutual funds are down nearly as much so it isn't my lack of skill, but -50% smarts.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
50K: buying 2 June QQQ 345C at $14.8
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
14.4 sorry
McInnis 03
AG
McInnis 03 said:

McInnis 03 said:

Trying AMZN 3075/3100 call spread here.
These are up 20%. You can take some protective action here.
Beauuuuuuuuuuuuutiful right now.
fightintxag13
AG
The client for my senior design project was BG. We worked on a project to mitigate dust emissions at a soybean oil mill in Iowa.

I know, cool story bro.
ProgN
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX said:

Today, I'm buying XOM, BG, MOS, CORN, WEAT, SOYB.

Seasonality on ag commodities appears not to be holding in most sectors. Dips/setbacks just aren't happening.

XOM, will likely hold until May dividend and then re-evaluate. (non ag, but just saying I'm buying)

BG, largest soy processor in the world. Veg Oil supply on most minds. Shares should go to $150. Likely not a buyer after that and only hold position; however, it could drift up to $300 over 2 years. 2 years would be a cycle to get bean S&D back to normality. Would be out of this stock before the end of 2 years if thoughts were to hold long term. Earnings report the end of this month. (Side Note: Their CEO, we use to trade against each other. One of their Board members, PE Fund of a project I worked for. Both of these guys know the biz. Have great respect for both.)

MOS, this one should nearly double from here (150-ish).

As noted above, seasonality not showing itself this year.

Spring Wheat planting in northern clim's delayed...not warming up fast enough with snow on the ground to allow for planting(we got snow on Holy Saturday). Relatives in Bismarck, ND got 16 inches on Holy Thursday. Those acres could go to beans or corn. Last ag update I gave I said corn could be bigger story than wheat. Looks like wheat is repositioning itself to maintain top story line with Spring wheat situation occurring.

Soy crushers making money hand-over-fist, historic. The counter to the profit comment is "costs" have gone up....dont care...costs can go up 2X and these guys will still print money.

Both beans and corn planting progress across U.S. is slow. Weather is not cooperating.

The CORN position, I'll likely be out around Memorial Day as noted previously. Memorial Day exit is super strong seasonal. If this seasonality indicator fails, hang on for a wild ride in commodities and get ready for a new experience at the grocery store.

WEAT and SOYB positions, likely exit before end of June, but may rethink these ones.

China looking to buy corn and beans. South America keeps getting their bean crop estimates reduced.

Article just published on Market-Watch. Yellen is probably right on this one.
https://www.marketwatch.com/story/yellen-warns-10-million-more-people-face-poverty-due-to-higher-food-prices-2022-04-19?mod=bnbh
Fertilizer producer says UP shipment restrictions could threaten crops - Trains

What do you think about this article?
wanderer
When you get a chance, what's your through process with the almost ITM, longer dated call?
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Philip J Fry said:

Pretty much the same boat I'm in. Made a nice profit in my day trading account, but I've been hit hard in my long account. I keep telling myself that the mutual funds are down nearly as much so it isn't my lack of skill, but -50% smarts.

The solution: don't look at those accounts and choose electronic notification so the wife doesn't open paper copies and give you *****
Good article. It's all truth. No, or less, fertilizer gives reduced yields. Lessened crop yields, prices go up.

cptthunder
$PLTR looking really squeeze right now
If it can break through $13 it could run another buck pretty quickly
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
wanderer said:

UPST too, still running. Profit is profit though.....

It was the right decision when the premiums didn't inflate
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
wanderer said:

When you get a chance, what's your through process with the almost ITM, longer dated call?

Nasdaq burned through its bearish setup today.

Trade is up about 3%. My thinking is we hold this and see what happens. If the setup fails, we won't get smoked on premium.
fightintxag13 said:

The client for my senior design project was BG. We worked on a project to mitigate dust emissions at a soybean oil mill in Iowa.

I know, cool story bro.
Smelly, dirty, and labor intensive....welcome to agriculture..
fightintxag13
AG

fightintxag13 said:

I know, cool story bro.
Smelly, dirty, and labor intensive....welcome to agriculture..
I'm no stranger to it. I worked on my uncle's farm and at a dairy growing up. Now I manage a cotton gin.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Bob Knights Liver said:

Yep. I'm going to bottom feed for call spreads today. >90:1 max return, Jan2024 expiry, strikes from $60-$140.

I got a jan2024 55/150 filled at 3.5
ProgN

Good article. It's all truth. No, or less, fertilizer gives reduced yields. Lessened crop yields, prices go up.

Thanks, I've seen a lot of articles predicting severe food shortages in Q3 or Q4 this year. I'm not saying I'm buying it, but making mental reminders for myself.
sts7049
AG
why do a spread with such a wide price range?
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Same as any scenario, recoup some of the premium you're paying for the lower strike. In this case it was so i could get a $3.28 discount on the 55c
At this point I am not sure there would be food shortages. My definition of "food shortage" is, there would be no supply of some particular item(s). I think all food items will be present in the supply chain, but distribution to all customer locations could be intermittent...a disrupted supply chain causing an outage. And, of course, a disrupted supply chain will come with increased prices. Probably splitting hairs, but that's my definition.

Moving forward, if harvest this year is short, then mid to late 2023 could see some what I call "food shortages" of certain food items.

$30,000 Millionaire
AG
50K account: selling 1 CWH Apr 22 29.5C for 0.26
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
re: OSTK - if it inflates some, I will sell premium for this week, but in general, I want to hold this through earnings.
First Page Last Page
Page 5308 of 6618

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.