Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,023,927 Views | 231616 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by ProgN
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Ragoo
AG
Why would the SEC ever allow a company to dilute shares in attempt to prevent someone from buying at a 20% premium? Sounds like collusion.
Spoony Love
AG
I think investors are starting to look at the possibility of a poison pill and the resulting financial drop. TWTR is about to get ugly this closing hour and perhaps bring some things down with it.

44.55 was yesterday's low.
ProgN
Looks like no one wants to hold stocks over a long weekend.
FTAG 2000
AG
Ragoo said:

Why would the SEC ever allow a company to dilute shares in attempt to prevent someone from buying at a 20% premium? Sounds like collusion.

It's been reported that the SEC and DOJ opened a joint investigation into Tesla today.

Tells you the kind of country we're living in.
Tumble Weed
SF2004 said:

$JPM is at a 8.57 P/E ratio.

Isn't that a screaming buy on so many levels?

What I am missing here?

C has a pe of 4.99.
COF is at 4.92.
Go figure.

All of my financial stocks are sinking, JPM included. I would stay away.
FTAG 2000
AG
Spoony Love said:

I think investors are starting to look at the possibility of a poison pill and the resulting financial drop. TWTR is about to get ugly this closing hour and perhaps bring some things down with it.

44.55 was yesterday's low.
I hope Elon breaks the wheel.
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
FTAG 2000 said:

Ragoo said:

It's been reported that the SEC and DOJ opened a joint investigation into Tesla today.

Tells you the kind of country we're living in.
Ad,...while Citadel, Moffett Nathanson, Elliott Management, etc. etc. continue to ply their trade without concern.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
insane moves here. wow.
You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
FTAG 2000
AG
Elon's doing a TEDTalk right now. Said there is a Plan B for Twitter if they don't accept his offer. Won't expand on that.
Spoony Love
AG
I agreed with you earlier that SPY was oversold but man, this is getting crazy.
LMCane
it would be interesting to see a study comparing NASDAQ and Dow

and see if there has ever been a time other than 1999 when the indices diverged so much

today Dow flat

Nasdaq down nearly 300 points
Spoony Love
AG
For all the Prog fans out there, PROG is close to under a buck.
Saltyag15
AG
Somebody just shot the tech companies with a bazooka.
jj9000
AG
Spoony Love said:

Will go lower once he's banned for the 768th time, as a result of being addicted to F16.
ProgN
jj9000 said:

Spoony Love said:

Will go lower once he's banned for the 768th time, as a result of being addicted to F16.
McInnis 03
AG
FTAG 2000 said:

Elon's doing a TEDTalk right now. Said there is a Plan B for Twitter if they don't accept his offer. Won't expand on that.
I'm pretty sure he'll create titter.
austinAG90
AG
Going to be a wild weekend fellas…I'm fishing most of next week but will try and get morning commentary out back starting on Tuesday for sure. Hard to wade fish and type. ….Happy Holidays to all….

Still need to throw out another crazy story …..
BrokeAssAggie
austinAG90 said:

Going to be a wild weekend fellas…I'm fishing most of next week but will try and get morning commentary out back starting on Tuesday for sure. Hard to wade fish and type. ….Happy Holidays to all….

Still need to throw out another crazy story …..
I just want to see pics of the big reds you haul in..
ProgN
April has been brutal.
BrokeAssAggie
ProgN said:

2022 April has been brutal.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
****ty week.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
It hasn't been my day, week, month, or even year.
jwhitlock3
Same. You're not alone in that boat. I've been trapped over and over.
krosch11
AG
Same. Havent had any big wins but also have been disciplined and kept tight stops which wasn't the case a year ago. I guess there's evidence of some improvement on that front.

Somewhere Aggie Daniel is in the background grinning thinking "welcome to the real market rookies".
FTAG 2000
AG
I've got two accounts that I trade with. The one where I have options in play I'm down 5%, the other that I just trade shares out of is up 2% for YTD.

Time to shelve options for a while.
Brewmaster
AG
jwhitlock3 said:

Same. You're not alone in that boat. I've been trapped over and over.
I've had a hard time not being biased, wanted to play calls today thinking rip. I ended up doing basically nothing, closed some verticals at the open that were overnight holds for a nice big win (and got stopped out of some calls). Still seems like a scalpers market though.

Just now I looked up SPY April (the last 3, of course this includes 2020 post covid rip). All of them were big winners the last half of April, a couple of them even gapped up the Monday after Easter. I think we finally get some rippy next week, but if I'm wrong the markets may be in real trouble.

my uneducated 2 cents. Time to find a beer!

ProgN
Hopefully Putin is taken out by one of his own over the weekend.
TecRecAg
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

I'll be there for you
BaylorSpineGuy
*clap clap clap clap*
austinAG90
AG
Massive Reversal in Treasuries Today...20 Basis Moves....why?

We said earlier in the week that treasuries would experience a short covering rally after CPI..Lael Brainard helped us out with that... We got about 25 basis move in 5 years and 30 basis in 2 years.... We also said late yesterday ,and again this morning, that this would reverse next week... We did not see it reversing today going into a long weekend with the Russian Ukraine rhetoric accelerating... BUT IT HAS HAPPENED... 17 basis in 2 years today, 22 basis in 5 years, 19 basis in 10 years, 15 in long bonds... The moves have been about flows and positions... Nothing from the Fed or economic numbers are relevant for these moves... But we do think that the Powell speech one week from today will move markets, we just can not tell what direction as it will be dependent on flows and positions in one week...

The back drop...Asian and early London time saw better buyers... Yields were at their lows...but at 8.15 am , before the numbers, we saw some large futures block selling start to go through...it accelerated a bit after retails sales but that was not the catalyst... Williams did not help, but he really did not say anything different, but reiterated the Fed is going to raise rates aggressively... But the next part of fireworks was Laguarde, where she ignored the obvious inflation fiasco in front of her and refused to do anything about it... Just look at the 30 yr Bund once she started talking, quickly backed off 9 basis from, .91 to over 1%... It would be even higher now as the negative trends in rates are accelerating on itself as we near the close....

So there you have it, 20-25 basis moves...not much change in the yield curve... Not about economic numbers... A Fed governor who did not say much... And an ECB head that refuses to recognize the path forward... But the catalyst was big positions, bad positions, and reversals with no liquidity

Have a great holiday weekend
McInnis 03
AG
Charismatic Megafauna said:

McInnis 03
AG
Elon is playing next level Chess. If TWTR gets bought at a higher offer than Elon's, his 10% stake is gonna be worth a bit more than it is now.
BaylorSpineGuy
This reminds of when Vanderbilt held the control of the Harlem railroad (??), and his opponents tried to short it to bankrupt him, but he owned so much, he basically crushed them with their borrowing premium. Vanderbilt was one step ahead!

I think this is chronicled in the Gilded Age show.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
TecRecAg said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

I'll be there for you

First Page Last Page
Page 5296 of 6618

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.