Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,016,797 Views | 231616 Replies | Last: 55 min ago by ProgN
TubTub
How long do you want to ignore this user?
TheCellarDoor
AG
49s for next week and 50s for May. IV crush may hit the May ones since 54 is the new ceiling, but should do well on the 49s.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Monthly opex

Don't be stupid and give back weekly profits.
You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
$30,000 Millionaire said:

Monthly opex

I am printing this out right now scaled to fit legal sized paper to hang on my office wall for today.
Brewmaster
AG
Bob Knights Liver said:

Monthly opex

I am printing this out right now scaled to fit legal sized paper to hang on my office wall for today.
LOL this. I just closed SPY verticals, 2.5x. I could've held one into close today/ expiration for max gain, but a lot less stress banking it.
McInnis 03
AG
Risky, but I'm in it to win it.

Selling May BCTX 10p's and buying Oct 10c's with the premium.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
I sold my two TSLA stupidity puts at the open for a profit. I need to still learn a lesson about cutting it too close at the close of the day. Could have been max loss.
austinAG90
AG
BaylorSpineGuy said:

Thanks as always for this.

A couple questions……when you quote, from time to time, economists who work for MS or GS or BLK, how much of what they say do you think is truth vs intentional misdirection to accommodate some of their larger clients? BLK -do believe them for most part....GS I will say from time to time will try and alter markets...MS -more wrong than correct

Also, TLH (10-20 yr bond ETF) looks severely oversold. You see a continued rally there maybe back to 133ish? That's what I gleaned from your post, but I'm pretty much too stupid to understand 90% of what you write :-). I agree with what appears to be a bottom here but between steepener trades getting smoked and Russia it could flip in a heartbeat.....
KT 90
AG
ProgN said:

Elon Musk offers to buy Twitter for $54.20 a share

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/04/14/elon-musk-offers-to-buy-twitter-for-54point20-a-share-saying-it-needs-to-be-transformed-as-private-company.html?__source=iosappshare%7Ccom.apple.UIKit.activity.CopyToPasteboard

Musk wants to buy TWTR AT $54/shr and take them private.

So when someone makes an offer like that, is the best play to hold? Twitter is at ~$47 right now with a small increase on the day. I was expecting this to go closer to the offer price today.

Bob Knights Paper Hands
I'm still not sure if TSLA opening hour trade will be available for me and if so which way. Probably looking at 4/22 $1010P or $990C. If I do play, I'll be quick to cut. Max pain is $995 so we may have mostly chop this morning.
YNWA_AG
AG
KT 90 said:

ProgN said:

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/04/14/elon-musk-offers-to-buy-twitter-for-54point20-a-share-saying-it-needs-to-be-transformed-as-private-company.html?__source=iosappshare%7Ccom.apple.UIKit.activity.CopyToPasteboard

So when someone makes an offer like that, is the best play to hold? Twitter is at ~$47 right now with a small increase on the day. I was expecting this to go closer to the offer price today.

Because it will have a quick drop into the 30s if they say no to Elon
KT 90
AG
YNWA_AG said:

KT 90 said:

ProgN said:

Right. Why I am thinking of being content with today's small gains and getting out. I didn't get that many shares anyway.

Bob Knights Paper Hands
4/22 $1010P. Playing half size today.
The stop should be the opening price. I'm going to give it to $1002.
I might take some or all profits if we get to $995.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
If they reject his offer and Elon sells his shares for a huge profit, SEC has to investigate it as a pump and dump, right?
FTAG 2000
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

If they reject his offer and Elon sells his shares for a huge profit, SEC has to investigate it as a pump and dump, right?
If they reject and he sells, it sells off, Elon comes back in a few months with a $35 offer.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Yep, I sold all but 1 put. Just now at 49.23.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
All out here.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Quite the dump
You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
KT 90 said:

YNWA_AG said:

KT 90 said:

ProgN said:

Right. Why I am thinking of being content with today's small gains and getting out. I didn't get that many shares anyway.

You could hold some or all or the shares and buy puts, at maybe $45 to $35 strikes, to cover the downside of anything you are holding.

You could also sell CCs above $60 for a few months out, since that seems like free money to me.
Bob Knights Paper Hands

Quite the dump

Anything you're looking at today? I'm all out of ideas good ideas.
FTAG 2000
AG
Bob Knights Liver said:

KT 90 said:

YNWA_AG said:

KT 90 said:

ProgN said:

You could hold some or all or the shares and buy puts, at maybe $45 to $35 strikes, to cover the downside of anything you are holding.

You could also sell CCs above $60 for a few months out, since that seems like free money to me.

Could buy twitter right now at 47.60ish, and buy an equal number of May 20 45puts at $3ish to protect the downside.

they reject his offer, the stock price will probably drop and then you can get out of it with your downside protected.

They accept the buyout, you lose the puts but getting $7 per share in profit.

Someone tell me why this is a bad idea.
McInnis 03
AG
Bob Knights Liver said:

Quite the dump

Anything you're looking at today? I'm all out of ideas good ideas.
best idea on opex thursday is to watch only
FTAG 2000
AG
Twitter board is meeting this morning on the offer by the way. We'll know the outcome today.
KT 90
AG

McInnis 03
AG
Board of directors is in meeting, Lotto 4/22 40p for TWTR is my lotto play on them saying "Nope"

Actually, I'll buy some 51c's for next week too. I mean, if they say yes, this should go to near $54.20....if they say no, it should go away from that.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
I bought 100 shares at $47, bought 1 4/29 $45P for $2.61and sold 1 4/29$55C for $1. Net cost of $48.61. Max loss is $361, or 7.4% of investment. Max expected gain is $559, or 11.5%. The r/r isn't there honestly, but it's entertaining enough to be involved in.
Brewmaster
AG

Quite the dump
actually I was going to have another cup of coffee, just disappointment so far, lol
BrokeAssAggie
BREwmaster said:

Quite the dump
actually I was going to have another cup of coffee, just disappointment so far, lol
sounds like quite the dump is in your future
McInnis 03
AG
Twitter company wide meeting at 4pm EST.
FTAG 2000
AG
McInnis 03 said:

Twitter company wide meeting at 4pm EST.
Nice of them to schedule this after hours.
FTAG 2000
AG
One of y'all with access needs to keep an eye on option flow for TWTR and let us know what the whales are doing.
Spoony Love
AG
FTAG 2000 said:

Twitter board is meeting this morning on the offer by the way. We'll know the outcome today.
I bet leftist arrogance says no.

Volume seems to drop off sharply above the offer strike, of course. Put volume has been increasing though, just merely my observation.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
What choice do they have? How can they justify refusing this offer as in the best interest of their shareholders? Musk will sue the pants off of them. Others will form a class action.
FTAG 2000
AG
Seeing a stream of analysts to CNBC and other platforms to say why Twitter should say no.

Feels like the leftist hive is worried.
FTAG 2000
AG
Bob Knights Liver said:

What choice do they have? How can they justify refusing this offer as in the best interest of their shareholders? Musk will sue the pants off of them. Others will form a class action.
This is what I'm struggling with.

They really have no out without legal problems with their shareholders.

The only other thing I could think of is if they go to some big lefty with cash to burn (Bezos) and get them to buy it.
First Page Last Page
Page 5293 of 6618

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.