Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,029,010 Views | 231616 Replies | Last: 9 hrs ago by ProgN
BrokeAssAggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Yeah, the housing market will cool over the next 12 months. Price of food, fuel, etc increase, mortgage rates up, no more Brandon money being handed out. People aren't going to be running out and offering 20% over asking, IMO
BrokeAssAggie
BaylorSpineGuy said:

Lol fortunately nothing booked for tomorrow. Came off 7 days in a row of call. Needed a breather.

Baylor, you work in the HEB/Fort Worth area right?
McInnis 03
AG
BaylorSpineGuy
Yes that's right. Arlington area.
Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
AG
ProgN said:

BrokeAssAggie said:

I bet it starts showing up in the data over them couple months. Mortgage rates now highest since 2018 and will continue to rise.
Bankers lower mortgage demand outlook for 2022 as rising rates hurt affordability

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/04/13/mortgage-forecast-lowered-as-rates-soar-refinancing-falls.html?__source=iosappshare%7Ccom.apple.UIKit.activity.CopyToPasteboard

On the commercial side of Real Estate - I had a few mortgage bankers talk to me about how they are just slow and not much going on
McInnis 03
AG
ProgN said:

BrokeAssAggie said:

I bet it starts showing up in the data over them couple months. Mortgage rates now highest since 2018 and will continue to rise.
Bankers lower mortgage demand outlook for 2022 as rising rates hurt affordability

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/04/13/mortgage-forecast-lowered-as-rates-soar-refinancing-falls.html?__source=iosappshare%7Ccom.apple.UIKit.activity.CopyToPasteboard

30yr rate at 5%+

It's a bit parabolic

BrokeAssAggie
BaylorSpineGuy said:

Yes that's right. Arlington area.

ah, only reason I asked is my wife used to nanny for Dr. Kirby in Dallas. He was played by Cristian Skater in that show Dr. Death.
BaylorSpineGuy
Where did you get these charts? Looks like something I need to start following. This is a brutal housing market. We have bid on a couple homes in the past 1.5 yrs and not gotten close cause people buying are cash-whipping the sellers. Hard to be competitive without $250K+ in cash.
austinAG90
AG
Treasuries Soar in Yield Asian Time as NZ CB Raises 50... Reverses...Equities ok

10 year treasuries, after a lousy auction Tuesday with a 3 basis tail, got hit hard in Asian time as the NZ CB raised twice as much as expected, 50 basis... 10 years hit 2.786 just before 4 am... In London time a bid has developed to bring 10 years near there 5PM Tuesday close, 2.72., currently 2.744. The rest of the curve is steepening today, as more steepener, or reverse of previous flatteners are still in vogue... 2/10 is steeper by 4.5, currently 36, which is wider than the minus 7 on the last employment day... Similarly, 5/30 is 17, better than the minus 15 we had seen recently... We see the trends continuing for a few more days... As we said yesterday, the short covering will continue through the long weekend, then start to reverse in the next week... The Fed may be blinking a bit with a better inflation number yesterday, but as others have told us, take out the used car minus input and you still see real estate and food continue to grind numbers higher... We are still in the inflation has peaked camp.

Today we get PPI, which is expected to be an absurdly higher number of 10.6%, which is already built into the markets... But the bigger question is whether we have a tail on the long bond auction today, like we had on the 10 year yesterday... We see the difference being that the 10 year was at 2.83 yesterday in London time, but rallied to 2.69 at the auction time... The long bond was at 2.85 both yesterday and today in London, and only 2.84 currently... We don't think we see a 3 basis tail, but reality is the Fed is going to start to move away from buying auctions once they start their balance sheet unwind.

Outlook... Street is still very short rates, both in cash and even more so in futures. We see the long term shorts (3 months) with about a 37 basis profit in 10 years, those that got short in the last month, only have a 10 basis profit, use 121 tyu as their approximate entry point... So we see more steepening with the next level of 2/10 closer to 50. Key level for that is right here for 2 years, at 2.37... An exhaustion trade in a bear market rally... For the next level of a rally that has to break today... Plenty of reasons for buying going into a long weekend...Putin was in the WSJ with a headline "
https://www.wsj.com/livecoverage/russia-ukraine-latest-news-2022-04-12/card/putin-says-peace-talks-have-reached-dead-end-vows-war-will-go-on-pstQwRdkQV1WiLl9kwAH

Expect more war over the next few months... This may keep the Fed slower than expected. The terminal rate gauged back 20 or so basis yesterday from 3.2 to 3%... Wirp saw about a half to 1 raise removed... We still think 6 with big balance sheet reduction...

We were asked by BB yesterday about mortgages... We detailed it out clearly... Rates in the last year for mortgage buyers have gone from 2.82 to 5.06 as of Monday night... That means the average loan for a new house, which averages 300,000, has gone from a monthly mortgage payment from 1236 to 1621, a 31% increase... Taken a different way, if you could afford a 300,000 home one year ago, you can only afford 228,000 today... After we talked about Nashville in our commentary yesterday we got pinged from an old college buddy who lives in Wellesley, Mass... He said in the last week 14 homes have come onto the market, the most in one week in a long time... Housing is starting to show strains, it may be two months before the numbers start to show up nationally... But those saying financial conditions are not tightening are clearly wrong....
BaylorSpineGuy
I see. Yes, I have worked with a couple of his partners on multiple occasions to expose ALIF's for me. Kirby did the same for Duntsch.

On a side note, that a-hole set neurosurgery back like 30 years lol. Not really time or place here, but could go into lot of reasons why I have doubts about how the story got spun and some of the claims.
BrokeAssAggie
We are aslo friends with Dr. Banta, if you know him.
BaylorSpineGuy
Am not familiar.
TxAgLaw03RW
AG
Not to derail further, but I was one of his attorneys on the healthcare and Medical Board issues. Interesting stories.
Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
AG
BaylorSpineGuy said:

Where did you get these charts? Looks like something I need to start following. This is a brutal housing market. We have bid on a couple homes in the past 1.5 yrs and not gotten close cause people buying are cash-whipping the sellers. Hard to be competitive without $250K+ in cash.

Here's a nice little chart that shows costs increase for the inputs in building a home…

TecRecAg
AG
Wow. I'll be honest, I don't pay attention to mortgage rates much unless I am buying a house. This chart makes me feel like I won the lottery when I snagged a 2.875% for my new house in September.
flyingaggie12
AG
I can send you the links that should update real time. What's your email?
HoustonAg2014
AG
My wife thought I was losing my mind and so did her grandma (our realator) because I was trying to find a house in February when our lease is up at the end of June… I kept expressing my concerns around interest rates and how I thought if we waited till April to start looking, we would get screwed.

Ended up buying a house in Afton Village zoned to Memorial at asking price with a 3.875% interest rate back in February. The situations lined up and we're doing a 2 month close and they are leasing back from us for a month which lines up perfectly with when we need to be out without double paying. The second line on that graph. I can only imagine what interest rates would have been had we waited until the end of April to find a house as advised… Would also be interested to see if home prices in Houston have gone down because I haven't heard of any of that at all.
HoustonAg2014
AG
Can you send to me as well or post it on here? Would be very interesting to follow.
BaylorSpineGuy
Would be interesting to catch up over that for sure!
BaylorSpineGuy
Tried to PM you a message with my email but it's giving me some error message.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Wow if rates keep rocking maybe when my renters move out I'll pay the house off and do an owner carry
Bob Knights Paper Hands
I am preparing for a green opening hour. If so, SPX, TSLA, and AMZN will be my horses. If we go lower I'll ride TSLA and the Q's.

If TSM blows up today and fills the gap above after I sold or held all my calls through expiry I'm gonna be pissed.
ProgN
BaylorSpineGuy said:

Tried to PM you a message with my email but it's giving me some error message.
He doesn't have stars. PMs only allowed between subscribers that have purchased stars.
ProgN

This guy was in front of me at Whataburger this morning.
Barty Dont Hedge
Ready for some BCTX fireworks today.....dont let me down
cageybee77
AG
Barty Dont Hedge said:

I'm there.
McInnis 03
AG
You can buy BCTX shares at 10.70 now and sell tomorrow's 10C for $1.40 right now.
Jet Black
Barty Dont Hedge said:

What is going on with BCTX today?
Barty Dont Hedge
Cured cancer and got FDA fastrack approval. Only makes sense it drops.....weird market
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Bought TSLA $980C
McInnis 03
AG
Barty Dont Hedge said:

Cured cancer and got FDA fastrack approval. Only makes sense it drops.....weird market
10MM shares already today.......that's almost the entire float.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Bob Knights Liver said:

Bought TSLA $980C

I'm slow to post, but I'm out of these now. I'll jump back in if SPX can break above 4415 or QQQ can get above overnight highs.
ibdm98
AG
$URA

Bob Knights Paper Hands
I had a 2% morning with AMZN and TSLA calls. Now to try not to lose it chasing chop moves.
Barty Dont Hedge
I hate the stock market
First Page Last Page
Page 5289 of 6618

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.