Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,037,323 Views | 231639 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by Heineken-Ashi
gougler08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Is Biden going to finally drop the mask mandate on planes? That's really the only thing not normal for us these days and it's a political death sentence if he goes backwards at all this year so I really doubt much comes back even if there is a summer way (that nobody cares about)
Talon2DSO
AG
Philadelphia just instituted their mandate so not likely Biden will drop it
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Philly went from 50 cases to 100 cases, or something like that. Freaking ridiculous.
You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Let's see what we wake up to. Futures moves overnight can be more extreme
gougler08
AG
Talon2DSO said:

Cities can do what they want but no way he federally mandates things…but I guess I've seen stranger things
BrokeAssAggie
$30,000 Millionaire said:

Philly went from 50 cases to 100 cases, or something like that. Freaking ridiculous.

Out of a population of $6MM, you can never be too safe.
gougler08
AG

But all the articles just say a 50% increase, the horror!
FJ43
gougler08 said:

But all the articles just say a 50% increase, the horror!
That's blue math.

Red math is .00001601% of the Philadelphia metro area.

Just details is all.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

Talon2DSO
AG
gougler08 said:

Talon2DSO said:

Cities can do what they want but no way he federally mandates things…but I guess I've seen stranger things

Maybe you don't know how liberals work. Once one does something for "the greater good", other will try to outdo the faux virtue. It's like a cold war of idiocy where they all try to outdo the other to demonstrate to their community of idiots that they are the most virtuous of the virtuous.

Watch. If I'm wrong, I'll send you a pecan pie.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I'm blown away. Literally everyone who wants to be vaccinated is vaccinated by this point. You have a 99.998% chance of not getting infected on a daily basis. That's one in fifty thousand people.

$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Talon2DSO said:

gougler08 said:

Talon2DSO said:

Maybe you don't know how liberals work. Once one does something for "the greater good", other will try to outdo the faux virtue. It's like a cold war of idiocy where they all try to outdo the other to demonstrate to their community of idiots that they are the most virtuous of the virtuous.

You can send me one anyway.
ProgN

Talon2DSO said:

gougler08 said:

Talon2DSO said:

You can send me one anyway.
Brewmaster
AG

Commy-delphia
Bob Knights Paper Hands
ES_futures said:

Bob, you ignorant ****
JRizzle
AG
BrokeAssAggie said:

JRizzle said:

My thought right now is the following…

I can't really imagine a scenario that there's a lot of good news. Covid really can only get worse. Ukraine war seems to be more likely to get worse. Inflation worse. Supply chain worse. And the fed. I sold a lot of my positions and I'm more cash than usual for me. I just don't see what stimulus will propel this market upward.

Even if first quarter earnings arent bad, I'd suspect that most businesses will give guidance of caution moving forward with inflation / supple / etc.

COVID is over for 85% of the United States and have moved on and are enjoying life. We will not go back to any lockdowns or restrictions without a fight.

That's kind of my point. It Is over. The only news now would be bad. No one cares anymore until we hear about lockdowns in China and liberal states living back to mask mandates.

AgEng06
AG
Bob Knights Liver said:

ES_futures said:

Bob, you ignorant ****

FJ43

No way….surely not.

Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

austinAG90
AG
Will This Be the Peak of Inflation Today?.Treasuries Hit New High Yields/Reverse

It has been very easy for the shorts to make money in the rates markets... Those shorts in the front end have made a killing... Look at some of the hedge fund returns through the first quarter... But the long end has been trickier as flatteners have seen some very big reversals. Like 2/10, which had gone negative for a brief moment, and are now positive 25... The question is will the recent moves be it?... We do not think so, but there is an opportunity for a rally... Today's inflation number will more than likely be the peak of inflation... But the Fed governors and street strategists can talk all they want, but we thought we saw some light at the end of the tunnel from Waller yesterday...Waller said " the tricky part will be whether the FOMC can continue to raise rates without causing problems in production and employment"... That seems to us that one of the uber hawks has some reservations...

We can go through the numbers, but we will let the experts dissect CPI... As for support. 2.61 2 years... 5 years we have 2.92, but last night's high of 2.84 should be good.. For 10 years 2.83 high is probably better than our 2.875... Long bonds high was 2.85.. We will go with that... So the question is whether there will be something in CPI to cause the market to rally... Either a better number or an exhaustion move...shorts are pretty big and some trades, like some massive futures trades yesterday that were unweighted, lead us to think that the short base is large and thinking 3% + across the curve...

It is hard to find recession or slowdowns in Austin... Everyone here seems to be well employed working for the likes of Amazon, Google, Tesla..etc...but we talked with a close friend that is a banker we used to work with who lives in Nashville... Apparently he talked his wife out of her good job at Vandy to be a real estate agent..She told us for the first time in a long time there were many open houses yesterday. During the past two years that was not the case, first because of COVID and then last year because the market has been so hot there was no reason to do so.,,, this was in response to the skyrocketing mortgage chart we sent yesterday... So in the "real world" it looks like housing is starting to slow down... We think that is starting to worry the Fed... Add the shut downs in China and the fact that Philadelphia just added a mask mandate, and maybe the Fed will not raise the 8-10-12 times that the hawks think.

Yesterday we saw a mega Amazon bond deal... 12.75 billion with over 40 billion of orders.. There were two other deals totaling just under three billion..new issue concessions were inline... Spreads in IG were out marginally, while HY barely set a new high... While things are not great, the new issue bond market is still operating...
LMCane
With the new Brandon Ethanol policy of the day-

alot of experts are claiming that the additional E85 / E15 Ethanol will destroy our car engines faster

what's the best stock play if Americans have to start fixing their engines at a much greater clip?

fuel lines, parts, full engines...
BrokeAssAggie
"first because of COVID and then last year because the market has been so hot there was no reason to do so."

Im starting to see homes sit on the market longer and downward price adjustments from the initial listing price, this is in the south Austin area.
LMCane
ProgN said:

I may be talking out of my ass and AustinAg can correct me but I'm getting the feeling that the fed is trying to talk down the market as much as they can without raising rates considerably. The US is in so much debt, raising rates makes that even worse. They've known that inflation is growing and should have started raising rates in Q4 of '21 but didn't. Then they said they're "prepared" to do what it takes to rein in inflation, but they only raised 25 basis points? Right after that meeting, they were all on talking tough about 50 basis point raises for the foreseeable future. They're essentially getting what they want without actually having to raise. JMO, but it seems like that to me.

but they ARE NOT actually getting what they want.

they want inflation to be lowered without having to raise rates and destroy the stock market/Biden economy.

so they jawbone.

just like they did in 2018- and when they tried to raise rates the market plunged and they did a U Turn.

but today, in a few hours, let us know how well the Fed Reserve is doing at their number one assigned objective: keeping inflation low.
KT_Ag08
AG
8.5% reported March YoY CPI.
Ragoo
AG
Ripping faces?
McInnis 03
AG
Overnight was like 80% short.....oops.
Saltyag15
AG
Covid news + new attacks in Ukraine = rippy

WTF
Carlo4
AG
Apparently, the market things peak inflation is here.

What a clown world.
BrokeAssAggie
Will be interesting if this holds. Green to red wouldn't be a surprise
Saltyag15
AG
Not in the least bit surprising.
Ted Lasso
AG
We did seem way overcooked on a short term basis for the 10 yr.
jwhitlock3
jwhitlock3 said:

I've been burned too many times lately with the move happening overnight, and then rallying on normal market open. If you do I'd suggest sizing way down and keep an appropriate amount of risk on. I decided not to keep overnight's in this market.
It did it again...

4415 down to 4385. 30 points down... then it rips 75 points. WTF.
cageybee77
AG
I bought at eod yestiddy.......sometimes you get lucky. but gonna have some stops fosho.
ProgN
LMCane said:

ProgN said:

I may be talking out of my ass and AustinAg can correct me but I'm getting the feeling that the fed is trying to talk down the market as much as they can without raising rates considerably. The US is in so much debt, raising rates makes that even worse. They've known that inflation is growing and should have started raising rates in Q4 of '21 but didn't. Then they said they're "prepared" to do what it takes to rein in inflation, but they only raised 25 basis points? Right after that meeting, they were all on talking tough about 50 basis point raises for the foreseeable future. They're essentially getting what they want without actually having to raise. JMO, but it seems like that to me.

but they ARE NOT actually getting what they want.

they want inflation to be lowered without having to raise rates and destroy the stock market/Biden economy.

so they jawbone.

just like they did in 2018- and when they tried to raise rates the market plunged and they did a U Turn.

but today, in a few hours, let us know how well the Fed Reserve is doing at their number one assigned objective: keeping inflation low.

Curious, do you read a post you're replying to or do you just pound away on the keyboard and send a reply that makes you look like a dick?

The bolded part of your reply echoes what I posted.
McInnis 03
AG
I've only blocked 2 posters on Texags, and both of them on this thread.

It really keeps things flowing nicely for me.

I wonder how many have blocked me. lol
McInnis 03
AG
I'm about to block you.
DDSO
AG
McInnis 03 said:

I'm about to block you.
First Page Last Page
Page 5284 of 6619

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.