Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,043,537 Views | 231655 Replies | Last: 20 sec ago by Heineken-Ashi
BaylorSpineGuy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
SHOP announces plan for 10:1 split this morning.
BrokeAssAggie
Another day of yields rising and the market pooping..
austinAG90
AG
Fed's Mester On "Face the Nation" About Getting Inflation Back to 2%...Really?

Are we the only ones that think talking about 2% inflation is ridiculous at the this time given that the expectation for CPI tomorrow is 8.4% with 17 survey members even higher... This is similar to Powell trying to make us believe that inflation was transitory last year... We said last last week when Goldman said to expect their year end target at 2.70 for 10 years, that we would probably get there last week, and we did... Based on our analysis we should see the first 3% of the actives this week with the 20 Year hitting it first, with 3/5/7s not far behind... But it is all not lost, as March and April are the two worst months for bonds of the 12 months. Just like September and October are the worst for equities.

Overnight rates went higher in Tokyo to all new recent high yields in 5/7/10/30s... There has been a mild bounce-back in London time, but rates are all higher than Friday... With the 20 year not able to hit 3%, only 2.975... The German Bund curve is the worst performer in Europe today with 2-30 all higher in yield from 7 basis to 9 basis... The full curve is positive.... Clearly vigilantes are in control and with CPI, PPI, Retail Sales, coupled with 3/10/30's auctions, and an early close Thursday, we expect new high yields this week... 3% handles would not surprise us in both 7/20....When Treasury close on Thursday at 2 PM, there may not be a time to trade until NY opens Monday... Not sure about Tokyo Sunday night, but Easter Monday will shut down Europe

Rates... Where is support in this bear market of treasuries ?.. 2 years first support at 2.61... 5 years are at our support of last week of 2.80, we see 2.92 next... 10 years are at 2.75, we see 2.875... Then long bonds mild support at 2.78... Last week we saw the biggest steepening in 5/10 since 2009... The ECB, who is meeting this week, is floating the idea of a back stop in rates, if things get out of control

THE BALANCE SHEET UNWIND OF THE FED IS MISPRICED... We reviewed the majority of street research that said one trillion was worth 50 basis... We thought that was wrong so we doubled that to 100 basis... Only to see David Rosenberg, who is usually too aggressive in his view, to one up us to 170 basis points... THIS IS NOT PRICED IN... We think the Fed rate hikes, 50 for May and another 75 between June and July are more than likely, but we see that as priced in....the balance sheet unwind, and the duration risk it will force back to the street, is still not priced in... So expect 3% handles across the curve before the month of April, one of the worst of the 12 months of the year for bonds. We see even higher yields than where we stand currently.

Equities tried to rally last night, but the weakness in Chinese markets capped any rally and S+P futures hit a low at 4.23 am.. Then rallied, and are now back moving towards the overnight low... Summers was interviewed in WSW, where he said that no recession in 2022, but worries about 2023... BB survey for April showed economists moving from 20 to 27.5% risk of recession...we still do not see it, but slowdowns will occur. He also said that there has never been a situation where inflation has been above 4% and unemployment below 4% that has not lead to a recession... We respect Summers, but we point out that we have never experienced a supply side situation like we are currently in, and do not think looking at demand side history is relevant... Nonetheless the Fed is pursuing a demand side solution for a supply side problem... It won't work, unless supply side, which is transitory, corrects... Which we think it will.

View on equities... We view the world from the eyes of a bond trader, not an equity trader... And we can see how bad the next few months for equities look... But if this was as bad as the Mike Wilson's of MS think, there are a few holes in the argument... Corporate spreads would normally BLOW OUT, in either a recession or slowdown... Corporate spreads are wider, but not by much... If you compare the treasury ETF versus the IG ETF or Govt versus LQD, you see the treasury ETF is down 7.3% as of Friday, while the LQD is down 11.2%... But adjusting for the longer duration of lqd versus govt, 7.7 versus 6.9, explains the balance... So until we see spread widening, we remain constructive on the economy . The last point is HEDGE FUND LEVERAGE IN EQUITIES...HF GROSS LEVERAGE IS IN The 4 % PERCENTILE... NET IN THE 2% PERCENTILE... Meaning HF buying power is at maximum and exposure the smallest we have ever seen... This will lead to a rally, just not sure when.
Brewmaster
AG
austinAG90 said:

Fed's Mester On "Face the Nation" About Getting Inflation Back to 2%...Really?

The last point is HEDGE FUND LEVERAGE IN EQUITIES...HF GROSS LEVERAGE IS IN The 4 % PERCENTILE... NET IN THE 2% PERCENTILE... Meaning HF buying power is at maximum and exposure the smallest we have ever seen... This will lead to a rally, just not sure when.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Ag13 said:

Musk no longer joining Twitter board. Hostile takeover coming?

Sounds like he weighed his options and decided rather than accepting the board seat and limiting his ownership to 15%, he's going to forego the board seat for now and just buy the whole fkn thing!
Everybody loves a dirt road
McInnis 03
AG
Nice little clean plan here by one of the best (IMO) on fintwit. He's a sarcastic twit but when he gives detail it's worth paying attention to.

Charismatic Megafauna
AG
I feel like this would have worked great 20 years ago but India and others' massive increases in energy requirements are going to limit their ability to do it today. But if they can push it down for a week or so I'll join buffett and 30k in some oxy shares
Everybody loves a dirt road
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Buying 100 shares of GDXJ (junior gold miners) in the 50K account.
You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I am going to wait to sell covered calls on anything. I think there will be better opportunities than right now.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
50K: putting a 22.2 limit order in for 100 shares of Delek (DK)
Bob Knights Paper Hands
TSLA opened right at the 100 SMA and then green. I'm watching for a reversal to the short side on TSLA or for a big green push on SPX and QQQ in the next couple of minutes. I may sit and watch TSLA this morning instead of trading if no clear trend appears.
BrokeAssAggie
TSLA needs to push through $1000 for any momentum to build, IMO
Bob Knights Paper Hands
BrokeAssAggie said:

TSLA needs to push through $1000 for any momentum to build, IMO

Yes. Really it needs to hold above $1011 for me to feel good above being long TSLA when macros are reddish.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
You can get better entries than me on DK and GDXJ.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
$30,000 Millionaire said:

Buying 100 shares of GDXJ (junior gold miners) in the 50K account.

I followed. I've traded GDX but not GDXJ before. Both charts and prices are similar. Why the preference for GDXJ here?
Jet Black
Selling apple at $178.75 a couple of weeks ago looks like a lucky genius move.
BrokeAssAggie
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
50K: sold OSTK 45C for 0.4

Fine taking assignment but easy cash flow n
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
They haven't gone ape turd yet.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
50K: buying 1 QQQ 4/13 340P for $2. Setting stop 1.5. Want to day trade.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG

50K: buying 1 QQQ 4/13 340P for $2. Setting stop 1.5. Want to day trade.

Setup right now is bearish. We will know quickly.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
For the other ORCL 4/29 call buyers - did you allow stops to sell this morning? I think I should, but since this is macro and not ORCL related red I'm questioning whether I should go full risk. Even if the odds of an April rip are 25%, we'd still get better than 4:1 r/r versus selling here.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Let's not be greedy. Trim and move stop to 2.1.
cptthunder
Anyone else excited to hear Mr Johnsongrass update on T today? The price adjustment for the WBD deal happened this morning.
BrokeAssAggie

Qs forming a bear flag..
$30,000 Millionaire
AG

Now here is where trading gets hard. This can go way lower, maybe. I am moving my stop to 2.8
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Oracle is a piece of crap company. F them.
BenRev09
AG
cptthunder said:

Anyone else excited to hear Mr Johnsongrass update on T today? The price adjustment for the WBD deal went happened this morning.
Holding T leaps, so yes very excited
FTAG 2000
AG
What is happening to AMD?
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
Sorry. Late. Working another social media site. Position is up as of 9:59am. A nice green $72,459.41 between T and WBD.
cptthunder
BenRev09 said:

cptthunder said:

Anyone else excited to hear Mr Johnsongrass update on T today? The price adjustment for the WBD deal went happened this morning.
Did the options get priced down also?
BrokeAssAggie
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Out at 2.8. Nice 40%
BenRev09
AG
cptthunder said:

BenRev09 said:

cptthunder said:

Did the options get priced down also?
Learning about "adjusted options" today - upon exercise a T call/leap will receive 100 T shares and 24 WBDWV shares. T price is down today but my leaps were up around 25% - 1/23 T 27c
BaylorSpineGuy
VERU on an absolute rip today! I'm not in it. I got out a while back but it's up over 100% today.
First Page Last Page
Page 5280 of 6619

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.