Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,028,583 Views | 231616 Replies | Last: 8 hrs ago by ProgN
Bob Knights Paper Hands
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I think most of FJ and 30k's accounts have an additional comma than my accounts.
M4 Benelli
Anybody here into driving Winnebagos? How about investing in them?

Sheer drop today off positive earnings. RSI(14) of 36 for you tech lovers.

Stock price down -11% despite beating estimates en route to Wally's World.
Adjusted EPS of $3.14 beating consensus by 23 cents.
Revenues for 2Q22 is $1.16B, up 38% Y/Y, revenues excluding the recently acquired Barletta business were $1.1B, representing an organic growth rate of 29.4% Y/Y driven by continued strong consumer demand and pricing increases. These bastids just recently branched out to the marine sector, so we got value and some Shamu loving growth down the road. P/E of 5, this screams btfd while everyone simps off the popular chick. You say you like hot broads? This is the ugly duckling with braces, glasses, and pigtails, that becomes a Dime after putting in some time. Who wants Dennis Rodman's sloppy seconds!? I want that cute Church goer in the back pew. Wink wink baby, lets ride.

Oddly enough, I just bought back into CWH earlier today, this would make a nice companion piece.

Timeline comparison-

Revenue 2016: $975 million
Revenue 2021: $3.6 billion

Operating Income 2016: $66 million
Operating Income 2021: $407 million

Kick arse balance sheet, shareholder friendly mgmt, successful expansion into marine segment. WGO is now close to 40% below the highs it reached in 2021. No negative news aside from the unattractive name. Rising gas prices would be a recent negative, but wouldnt account for a 40% decline.

Hey Bertha, lets kiss babaaaay.
FJ43
Charismatic Megafauna said:

How many commas are we talking about here, boss?

I have no idea if I'm doing it right but most of my options trades are in the 0.5-1% of my trading account range. My trading account is about 10% of my main investment account, which is mostly for long holds and wheel strategy (except for those rare opportunities when crwd hikes up her skirt and gives me a wink)
I like that the 50k acct has given us a little peek at 30k's position sizing strategy

My scalping/swing account I generally maintain $120-150k. It's only for those purposes. Keep in mind I also buy shares in this account and target to swing them or to be net free or take profits. Small caps mostly. I transfer those shares to the trade account and at times draw out cash into personal accounts.

So in that account if I have $12-15k of options trades going my risk is more or less $6-7.5k. That's if all of them went south. I learned a long time ago not to hope and let options go to zero. Lottos not withstanding. Those can be hero or zero. If a 1k lotto I'm risking less than 1%.
lobwedgephil
You have to be careful on spy with this, because your low was never a traded price yesterday, was just a darkpool wick that was recorded to the tape.

FJ43
lobwedgephil said:

You have to be careful on spy with this, because your low was never a traded price yesterday, was just a darkpool wick that was recorded to the tape.

Good clarification. I use all wicks for trend lines. Breaks to upside or downside. That was the low I was referring to. Market session lows and highs are my primary keys. I do mark premarket highs and lows to see if we trade to either.
lobwedgephil
Went long QQQ at close, at a pretty important area chart wise, case could be made for going long or short here, taking my shot long. Like the spot as easy to see when wrong.

$30,000 Millionaire
AG
CWH has 7% dividend. I hope we get assigned. I may sell another put in the 50K account.
You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Tomorrow will tell the tale for direction I think.
FJ43
lobwedgephil said:

Went long QQQ at close, at a pretty important area chart wise, case could be made for going long or short here, taking my shot long. Like the spot as easy to see when wrong.

Hope your long is right. Betting on tech myself.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
What did you use for this? If calls what strike and expiry? I'm re-evaluating my options trading these days. Recently I haven't been as profitable as I should be (mostly QQQ and TSLA).
Bob Knights Paper Hands
$30,000 Millionaire said:

CWH has 7% dividend. I hope we get assigned. I may sell another put in the 50K account.

I missed your CWH trade. What did you do? I've been thinking about getting back into that one. I think I have 50 shares left, but sold everything else last year.
FJ43

Tomorrow will tell the tale for direction I think.

Have a guess?
Brewmaster
AG
lobwedgephil said:

I like the trade. I'm long a little AAPL still, holding overnight (very small position). I don't think they will make a drop this easy for bears (every robinhooder and his dog were probably buying puts at the close).

I did really well today, but it was just on 2 trades, had a few more that were small losses. TSLA scalp this morning paid bigly and then I went AAPL weeklies following flow, those ripped.
lobwedgephil
I usually don't trade QQQ, trade futures. But I liked this spot in the chart, liked the retest today, will know tomorrow if wrong or right. I took next Fridays 352's, basically right at the money.

As you know, options trading is tough, big reward, but big risks if you're not disciplined. For me, I find support/resistance in a chart and try to play from there, also trend breaks, patterns like you see 30K trade. You have to be disciplined on waiting for entry, and don't be afraid to cut quick when wrong.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Thanks. My biggest issue recently has been the premiums Jacked on ATM or slightly ITM options by the time we confirm above or below a support/resistance I'm waiting on. That lowers my return when I'm right and gives more downside if the trade fails, since that higher premium drops quicker than normal compared to movement in the underlying.

Basically I feel like my methodology worked but now so much other volume is doing the same that it's difficult for me to profit as much. Add in the aggressive minor trend reversals recently and I've had a bit of a rough go. I would have been better off buying shares for most trades recently.

It may simply be this has been a tough time to trade with bears and bulls battling, as well as news cycles of war, rates and inflation. Or it could be that I need to tweak what I'd been doing as the market evolves.
plowe32
AG
Bob Knights Liver said:

I didn't even have to use my ak.

ProgN
Thriller said:

Talking out loud. Respond if you want, but mainly this is diarrhea of the keyboard, trying to learn and put my thoughts on "paper".

I'm trying to figure out when/where to take profits. I had a few positions in a 50K account at around 2K each. I bought these prior to jumping into the conversation and can't really tell you why I bought them except for the fact that i "felt" they had been hit too hard in recent months. "That's not a great reason to buy, but I do feel like it's a good reason to start research.

However, now that I have them, I'm trying to follow some of the recent guidance and lock in some profits, set some stops, and then reevaluate when/where to get invested again.

What I'm trying to avoid is selling for the same reasons I nought - gut feeling. I have the following (all long, no options yet).

TSLA: Bought at $790. I sold a fractional share at $911 (15% gain), leaving 2 shares. I sold another today at 25%, leaving 1. I'm tempted to put a stop in (where???) and just let it ride. Should I sell this last piece or let it ride?

NVDA: Bought 9 shares at $221. Sold 4 at $265 (~20%). Current stop is at B/E.

Similar sized positions in AMZN, AAPL, MSFT, DIS, FDX, APA, and LOW. Those aren't up enough to to sell (or are they - all less than 10%). Stops are set at 80% of entry price.

Companies on my radar from a macro perspecctive: CSX (or another railroad), KR, and possibly a bank (BAC maybe)

I also followed 30K into a couple of smaller plays for less than 1%.

This week has had me busy with real life, sorry for delayed response.

After reading your posts, I'm just going to give advice from my perspective, which most here will advise against. I'm assuming that you're younger than I and not near retirement. FTR, I'm 49, but I'm an aggressive trader, not a day trader, but more of a swing trader. I'd avoid options and definitely avoid using margin until you're at point to dip your toe in. I'd advise fighting that temptation off at least 7 times before you try, but that's just me.

IMO, you're too spread out in stocks to realize significant gains in your account. With 50K, my personal top would be 3 positions, preferably 2. If you want to own that many positions to decrease risk, then just buy a growth mutual fund because your gains will more than likely mirror a growth fund without the stress.

If you are a young professional and want to see what you can do, then you need to assume more risk to get where you'd like to be because you can replenish mistakes without hurting your retirement. If you're older and close to retirement, please ignore my post and tell me to **** off. I won't get upset.

Your buy of NVDA at $221 was a great entry for a trade; I bought some at $230 and sold Monday. Now where would you be if you bought 100 shares at $221? What if you bought 100 shares of SE at $92? I did and posted on this thread when I did. You held more shares of a stock but only 2 positions. More risk yes, but you can do the math so do you see how you can increase your account? If you made those 2 trades, even if you still held them, where would that account be. Remember that with those 2 trades you would still have about 19K still in cash, no margin and no sleepless nights.

This is in no way to discredit or disrespect 30K's $50,000 account that he's generously providing to the thread because I find it fascinating. He's freely sharing his knowledge, which he has a plethora of, in the hopes of maybe showing more green folks an aggressive but stair stepping way. Most here won't realize what a gift that is until their later years in life and he deserves thanks, I'm just showing a different path and I'd be the first to suggest his over mine until a person feels ready.

After reading what you're trying to track reminded me of this scene. Bob Knights Liver alluded to this earlier today. You have too many minds. Find 3-5 technical analysis that become your favorites and make sense to you. Let those tell you when to buy and sell. The more you try search out and apply will only lead to more costly mistakes.

Apologies for the long post but I said I'd reply. Good luck, keep trading and continue asking questions because everyone here wants everyone to prosper.

Gig'em

Prog

lobwedgephil
Yeah, I completely understand that, and we have been in a pretty difficult trading environment, but it is starting to improve. But the last 2.5 months, IV has been very high, premiums elevated, so yeah, you were going to have the exact issues you have described, has been happening to all of us. That is where discipline and position sizing are important. Markets like the last two months, you are just trying to scrape by, take small wins, etc.

It is not just you, but keep working on your process, stay disciplined, take your shots, but cut when wrong.
Red Rover
AG
Humble brag: that scene was filmed in Pukekura Park. I've jogged there quite a few times over the years when I was able to get to NZ.

I had a really good day today with the AAPL calls. Thanks for posts, guys. I was going to trade AAPL, but may not have gone with those 170C had it not been discussed here. Some Sonic and Chick Fila folks will get some extra tips this week.
Ragoo
AG
Hey all. Hope you are making lots of money this week. Careful though. QQQ has twice rejected the 200ema on the daily candle at just under 358. We could see a pull back soon.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Bob Knights Liver said:

I missed your CWH trade. What did you do? I've been thinking about getting back into that one. I think I have 50 shares left, but sold everything else last year.

Short 29.5. Fair odds we get assigned. If not, I will keep selling.
FJ43

Mornun!

US green
EU green
Asia mixed
VIX 23.65 early and now 23.21

SPY want to stay above 443.40 and watching 450.58 to the high side.
SPY is flagging on a daily and suspect we pick a near term direction today. Could be a tight range but not thinking so.

Watch for fake moves either way IMO. Trade what is front of you and not what your bias is.

Trade wisely!

FJ43

I have played this a number of times from the bottom.

LUMN

Looks to be building below Model T of the drop. April 11c RR isn't bad. I may buy on a dip. 21EMA is what I will watch and hopefully not lower than 10.80 close.

Bob Knights Paper Hands
If the markets are going up, NVDA and AAPL look good. If we're going down, TSLA will likely be my horse.
FJ43

NIO

If you bought on the bounce you did great. Earnings today so who knows.

FJ43
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Weird timing for that headline. You'd think they would have been prepared >2 weeks ago when Putin made a tweet about it?
FJ43
Bob Knights Liver said:

Weird timing for that headline. You'd think they would have been prepared >2 weeks ago when Putin made a tweet about it?
Yeah odd. Think he has a screw loose or two. Can't imagine him threating nuclear use for Ukraine without his country being invaded by them. But weirder things have happened.

Seems like so many are posturing these days.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
New jobless claims fall to 187,000, setting more than five-decade low
Quote:

U.S. jobless claims set a more than 50-year low last week as the red-hot labor market shows few signs of cooling in the near-term.

• Initial jobless claims, week ended March 19: 187,000 vs. 210,000 expected and a revised 215,000 during prior week
  • Continuing claims, week ended March 12: 1.350 million vs. 1.400 million expected and a revised 1.417 million during prior week

At 187,000, new jobless claims improved for a back-to-back week and reached the lowest level since September 1969. Continuing claims also fell further to reach 1.35 million the least since January 1970.
FTAG 2000
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

New jobless claims fall to 187,000, setting more than five-decade low
Quote:

U.S. jobless claims set a more than 50-year low last week as the red-hot labor market shows few signs of cooling in the near-term.

• Initial jobless claims, week ended March 19: 187,000 vs. 210,000 expected and a revised 215,000 during prior week
  • Continuing claims, week ended March 12: 1.350 million vs. 1.400 million expected and a revised 1.417 million during prior week

At 187,000, new jobless claims improved for a back-to-back week and reached the lowest level since September 1969. Continuing claims also fell further to reach 1.35 million the least since January 1970.

It'll get revised upwards quietly in a few weeks when Biden doesn't need a positive headline.
FTAG 2000
AG
FJ43 said:

Bob Knights Liver said:

Yeah odd. Think he has a screw loose or two. Can't imagine him threating nuclear use for Ukraine without his country being invaded by them. But weirder things have happened.

Seems like so many are posturing these days.
NATO summit today, sure it's related.
sts7049
AG
sts7049
AG
what's up with UBER this morning?
FTAG 2000
AG
sts7049 said:

what's up with UBER this morning?
Negotiated a deal to put all NYC taxis on their app.
cageybee77
AG
Bob Knights Liver said:

I think most of FJ and 30k's accounts have an additional comma than my accounts.
comma comma comma comma comma chameleon.
First Page Last Page
Page 5214 of 6618

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.