Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,027,496 Views | 231616 Replies | Last: 7 hrs ago by ProgN
$30,000 Millionaire
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

High risk. Small gamble.

SPX 4485 at 4.3. Stop 2.3.
You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
started to rally, quite the slap there. Stay with it.
ProgN
The US just formally accused Russia of war crimes
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

started to rally, quite the slap there. Stay with it.
s h i t
ProgN
U.S. government formally accuses Russia of committing war crimes in Ukraine

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/03/23/us-government-formally-accuses-russia-of-committing-war-crimes-in-ukraine.html?__source=iosappshare%7Ccom.apple.UIKit.activity.CopyToPasteboard
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
it is extreme annoying when this happens.

FJ43

Too funny....we are tracking the same trend line on same timeline. I thought we would break 445.87 for a second there.

McInnis 03
AG

Barty Dont Hedge
Its getting close to BCTX time!!!!! Hoping for continued run-up into April conference and data release.
Philip J Fry
AG
Philip J Fry said:

Bob Knights Liver said:

Philip J Fry said:

Alright SAVA, you know what to do

I just sold my SAVA shares that I followed you on the swing. Probably left some in the table, but I'm being a bit more conservative these days.

Yup. I'm up almost 30%. Sold a little over 20% of my shares. I intend on going my version of net free at 49.

Once again, glad I took profits when I could
McInnis 03
AG
McInnis 03 said:

I'm buying UPST 120/130/140c butterflies for next Friday. $1.64 or less
Since UPST is toying at this 120 level, I'm adding a hedge here since these flies are up.

I'm buying a 120p/110p/100p fly for 3/25 so that if the price goes south I can now go with either direction that the price instructs me. If it keeps going up, we'll bank on the call flies, if it goes south, we'll get something out of the put fly and we'll close the call flies (which are currnetly up) if we need to.

I don't want to be holding this long and not get something decent out of the trade.

My more profitable bias is upwards.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
I like that we are honoring the 89day ema. I just bought a couple 447/449/451 spy flies for friday for .25
Diggity
AG
anyone else notice that Fidelity isn't allowing buy orders on VEON?

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Well that day sucked.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Charismatic Megafauna said:

I just grabbed a couple expiring xsp 443p for .3
Something happens overnight and we model t from last Monday these will pay.

What a buzzkill
Triple_Bagger
Diggity said:

anyone else notice that Fidelity isn't allowing buy orders on VEON?

Yes, I can't buy on Fidelity either. I just went net free on the puts I sold, so I hope they aren't banning this stock. It's not based in Russia or Ukraine, so I'm not sure why they would.
jagvocate
AG
Decided to be diversified and hold both gold AND silver stocks.

A bunch of quiet ~+1.5% days ... sectors are rotating, Ags.

FJ43

SPY

We didn't trade below yesterdays low and we didn't even touch the 5EMA.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Do you mean Monday's low?
FJ43
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Do you mean Monday's low?
I typically pay attention to all trades including pre/post market hour highs and lows. That defines my trend lines vs just market hours. Many I think look at market hour trades and I also look at those as well.

gougler08
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Well that day sucked.
I mean, it wasn't that bad?
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Barty Dont Hedge said:

Its getting close to BCTX time!!!!! Hoping for continued run-up into April conference and data release.

This is interesting. Should I be Texags searching for BCTX right now?
jimmo
FJ43 said:

Too funny....we are tracking the same trend line on same timeline. I thought we would break 445.87 for a second there.

pretty H&S
GreasenUSA
AG
Most successful daytrading strategies are implemented in the first hour or two after cash open, due to the market simply having the most volume and range during this time. The bulk of daily profit is made in the morning. Because of this, it's a good idea to size down for any subsequent trades, so you don't risk giving back any substantial portion of your profits.

Yesterday, I made a trade in the afternoon where I ended up giving back 10% of my daily profits. No big deal, right? Cost of doing business.

Well, I didn't just let it be, and tried to hop in another trade to make it back. That was also a loser. Then, I did it again. I hopped into some QQQ for no reason other than to try to catch bounces from whole numbers. Revenge trading.

Before I knew it, I had given back 60% of my day. Amazing how after so many years of doing this, my lizard brain still comes out from time to time.

I felt pretty dumb most of the evening yesterday, but today I came back and had my most profitable day since the week before Thanksgiving. Go figure.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
not the best day for me, either.

I struggled today. Got stopped on winning moves, etc. Minimal damage though <0.5% on my main account.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Interesting place for SPX to close.

FJ43
Meh day for me.

SPY lotto puts on the open carried over were solid (double+).
SPY calls were good on pivot after early dip for scalp (50%).
AMD calls trimmed 2 times on way up then rebought again - holding April expiry. (sells netted ave 55%)
CRM holding - April expiry (down approx 20%)
LOW - cut as lost last line of defense and hit my stop. (50% loss)
SPY weekly calls bought towards end of day holding - (down 30% at close)

That is about the extent of my day.
BaylorSpineGuy
When you buy weekly SPY contracts or those lotto calls/puts, how many contracts do you typically trade? Just curious. If you don't wanna share, it's none of my business.
Jet Black
Anyone have thoughts on NIO earnings tomorrow?
FTAG 2000
AG
Jet Black said:

https://giphy.com/gifs/morgan-freeman-good-luck-kVaj8JXJcDsqs
FJ43
BaylorSpineGuy said:

When you buy weekly SPY contracts or those lotto calls/puts, how many contracts do you typically trade? Just curious. If you don't wanna share, it's none of my business.

It's not about number of contracts for me. It's about % risk of scalping account.

Ballpark as follows:

Lottos - $750-1000 (example was SPY lotto puts I held overnight and exited at open. 20 contracts at .42 = $840. Those worked and exited at $1,800 and change. Might have more than one lotto going but not normally.

Weekly calls/puts (Mon-Wed) - $1500 per trade but I may be in and out multiple times a day/week.

Weekly calls/puts (Thu-Fri) - $1000-1500

Monthly calls/puts- $3000-4000 (usually with 4+ weeks out) if less I may scale it back.

I typically don't have more than $12-15k at any one time in calls/puts. I get in and out often and try to take gains along the way.
sts7049
AG
Jet Black said:

I have a lotto play on a crash. but it's a complete gamble
FJ43

I should probably provide a little more context for you.

I have 4 accounts I trade.

1 scalping/swing account (my favorite). I will buy shares in this one as well. Sometimes I try to go net free at any % then transfer the 'free' shares into my trade account. I will use profits from this account to buy shares and transfer. Don't like that cluttering up my dashboard!

1 trade account. Net free shares, new share buys and longer than a couple days or weeks typically.

1 long account (at least 6months+)

1 ROTH from a rollover years ago. The ROTH is mostly long, some scaling out on the way up, selling premium or angling into shares.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
It could have been a really good day for me, but I had a meeting early and then was busy most of the second half of the day. Overall was a positive day plus I didn't even have to use my ak.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
How many commas are we talking about here, boss?

I have no idea if I'm doing it right but most of my options trades are in the 0.5-1% of my trading account range. My trading account is about 10% of my main investment account, which is mostly for long holds and wheel strategy (except for those rare opportunities when crwd hikes up her skirt and gives me a wink)
I like that the 50k acct has given us a little peek at 30k's position sizing strategy
First Page Last Page
Page 5213 of 6618

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.