Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,025,875 Views | 231616 Replies | Last: 5 hrs ago by ProgN
Engine10
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Vote buying but watch refiners if that rolls through (you know it will)
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Charismatic Megafauna said:

Anybody following oa's twitter mgni chatter?
He says $15 gets you $18, earnings is 2/23. I bought a couple March 15c for 1.45, looks like i could have been patient and saved $5/per

I averaged down on these yesterday at 1.35 i think? Probably even cheaper this morning
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Let's do it! Between the boat and 2 cars i can take 150gal. Have another 30gal of cans i can fill too
Ragoo
AG
So and incentive to consume for HCs. How green of them.

Should have done this for truckers specifically 18 months ago.
Engine10
AG
Agree. But I'm not gonna scream and yell about waiving a regressive tax - if it goes through I hope it never comes back.
austinAG90
AG
It was a wild ride for treasuries and the rest of fixed income yesterday... Treasuries start to the year is the worst in 20 years...We welcome the volatility... It all started with the CPI number and really accelerated when Bullard talked about 100 basis point rate rise before July 1 and extended his panic outlook by talking about an inter-meeting move, something that has not happened since 1994... Timaros of the WSJ was out this morning saying an inter-meeting move was not going to happen and brought up that Bullard, in an interview with the WSJ Monday, was much more dovish than his BB interview Thursday... Nonetheless a board meeting is scheduled at the Fed next Monday, and according to our friends at ITC, this is a normal occurrence... So who is right?... All we can tell you is we started to move some our personal money market and bank deposit paper into the 2 year last night at 1.60....

Fed... Will they move 4,5,6,7,8? Will they go 50?... The street is building a 3/1 scenario that the Fed goes 50 in March... Even our colleagues at Citi have now embraced that view... We still are in the 25 camp until we see the next PCI and the next CPI... We also are still in the camp of 4 rate hikes this year and not 7...GS sent out a piece last night that they have moved to 7... We read the last two Fed governors interviews last night, both Daly and Barkin, and we see no move in their minds to 50... But again it will be the March CPI that would be the nail in the coffin, or the refuting of the move... We still think 25 in March with an option of 25 in May... This is a DOVISH FED WITH POWELL AND BRAINARD LEADING...the street is way ahead of the Fed in our humble opinion.

Rates... 2 year broke through 1.48 which triggered our next support at 1.69 .. 5 years are at our support of 1.92, but they did break to 1.98 yesterday in the spike, so the next support is 2.11... As for 10 years, they held our support of 2.04 , with a short spike to 2.05... So 2.04 support stays, we have 2.125 after that and then all the way back to 2.33...so there is room for higher rates.. The curve remains flat but not inverted..7/10s are on top of each other but a real inversion would be 2/10 or 5/30's, flat but nowhere inverted for now...

Spread product did not do well yesterday... The proper technical term is UGLY...nonetheless The Fannie Mae 30-year current-coupon spread to the 5/10-year blend widened 7 basis points to +97 as the U.S. Treasury 10-year yield rose 9 basis points to 2.03% and volatility rose.
The spread increased the most in about 21 months
Corporate spreads widened about 3%... Only one new issue braved the markets... BB's posted their biggest one day loss in 20 months. The YTD losses for the sector are THE WORST ON RECORD AT DOWN 4.17%..yield jumped to a 16 month high of 4.53... The junk bond index yield rose to a new 15 month high of 5.55%

Equities...range bound overnight, coming back from the lows of 2 am... Japan was closed... But INFLOWS REMAIN BIG...US large caps attracted inflows of 34.1 billion in the last week...for the year to date, equity inflows total 153 billion, beating the 1 trillion pace of last year... Money is coming from credit and money market funds...so while the worst may not be over, there is good buying...

We will end with this question... The WSJ has a story today about Bank stress tests..The Federal reserve is asking banks to test how they would weather a hypothetical recession... The scenarios would be an increase of unemployment increase of 6% to 10% and a 40% decline in commercial real estate prices, widening corporate bond spreads, and a collapse in asset prices...including increased market volatility (which we have now)... So I know what some of my banker friends are going to say, "that is the standard the Fed uses"...ok... But we ask if the Fed has this type of concern, do you really think that Powell and Brainard are going to support 7 rate hikes this year? We say no and that the market is way ahead of the Fed...
FJ43
ProgN said:

Still irritated about yesterday. The more I've thought about it I'd like to know who profited from Bullard's irresponsible statement because someone did.

Pretty frustrating. Someone did that's for sure.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

Spoony Love
AG
I'm wondering if this isn't some leap into the mileage tax this admin has mentioned.

I'll take the fuel tax over the mileage tax
BrokeAssAggie
We going to open green?
jj9000
AG
austinAG90 said:

It was a wild ride for treasuries and the rest of fixed income yesterday... Treasuries start to the year is the worst in 20 years...We welcome the volatility... It all started with the CPI number and really accelerated when Bullard talked about 100 basis point rate rise before July 1 and extended his panic outlook by talking about an inter-meeting move, something that has not happened since 1994... Timaros of the WSJ was out this morning saying an inter-meeting move was not going to happen and brought up that Bullard, in an interview with the WSJ Monday, was much more dovish than his BB interview Thursday... Nonetheless a board meeting is scheduled at the Fed next Monday, and according to our friends at ITC, this is a normal occurrence... So who is right?... All we can tell you is we started to move some our personal money market and bank deposit paper into the 2 year last night at 1.60....

Fed... Will they move 4,5,6,7,8? Will they go 50?... The street is building a 3/1 scenario that the Fed goes 50 in March... Even our colleagues at Citi have now embraced that view... We still are in the 25 camp until we see the next PCI and the next CPI... We also are still in the camp of 4 rate hikes this year and not 7...GS sent out a piece last night that they have moved to 7... We read the last two Fed governors interviews last night, both Daly and Barkin, and we see no move in their minds to 50... But again it will be the March CPI that would be the nail in the coffin, or the refuting of the move... We still think 25 in March with an option of 25 in May... This is a DOVISH FED WITH POWELL AND BRAINARD LEADING...the street is way ahead of the Fed in our humble opinion.

Rates... 2 year broke through 1.48 which triggered our next support at 1.69 .. 5 years are at our support of 1.92, but they did break to 1.98 yesterday in the spike, so the next support is 2.11... As for 10 years, they held our support of 2.04 , with a short spike to 2.05... So 2.04 support stays, we have 2.125 after that and then all the way back to 2.33...so there is room for higher rates.. The curve remains flat but not inverted..7/10s are on top of each other but a real inversion would be 2/10 or 5/30's, flat but nowhere inverted for now...

Spread product did not do well yesterday... The proper technical term is UGLY...nonetheless The Fannie Mae 30-year current-coupon spread to the 5/10-year blend widened 7 basis points to +97 as the U.S. Treasury 10-year yield rose 9 basis points to 2.03% and volatility rose.
The spread increased the most in about 21 months
Corporate spreads widened about 3%... Only one new issue braved the markets... BB's posted their biggest one day loss in 20 months. The YTD losses for the sector are THE WORST ON RECORD AT DOWN 4.17%..yield jumped to a 16 month high of 4.53... The junk bond index yield rose to a new 15 month high of 5.55%

Equities...range bound overnight, coming back from the lows of 2 am... Japan was closed... But INFLOWS REMAIN BIG...US large caps attracted inflows of 34.1 billion in the last week...for the year to date, equity inflows total 153 billion, beating the 1 trillion pace of last year... Money is coming from credit and money market funds...so while the worst may not be over, there is good buying...

We will end with this question... The WSJ has a story today about Bank stress tests..The Federal reserve is asking banks to test how they would weather a hypothetical recession... The scenarios would be an increase of unemployment increase of 6% to 10% and a 40% decline in commercial real estate prices, widening corporate bond spreads, and a collapse in asset prices...including increased market volatility (which we have now)... So I know what some of my banker friends are going to say, "that is the standard the Fed uses"...ok... But we ask if the Fed has this type of concern, do you really think that Powell and Brainard are going to support 7 rate hikes this year? We say no and that the market is way ahead of the Fed...

No idea if this is copied and pasted from a client summary page...but...please keep posting these. They're great!!
ProgN
Spoony Love said:

I'm wondering if this isn't some leap into the mileage tax this admin has mentioned.

No, it's internal polls showing dems getting slaughtered in the midterms. The sponsors of that bill are all up for re-election this year. Have no worries my friend, the incompetent chestfeeder will be giving us both, fuel tax and mileage tax after the midterms.
McInnis 03
AG
Spoony Love said:

If they really go mileage tax, you'll never be able to trust an odometer again.
Irish 2.0
Still think Bullard should get his ass beat. ****ing *******.

They shouldn't be allowed to talk during market hours. Hell, they shouldn't be allowed to talk outside of their regularly scheduled meetings
Irish 2.0
McInnis 03 said:

Spoony Love said:

If they really go mileage tax, you'll never be able to trust an odometer again.
sts7049
AG
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Ccutamu said:

There is a H&S pattern on VIX premarket. I think I read on here one day that it means nothing on VIX. Can anyone confirm. No corresponding inverse H&S on SPY or QQQs so I think I know the answer but looking for confirmation.

Yes, as far as I've witnessed and heard, the VIX doesn't follow patterns as well as equities. You can still chart it, but I wouldn't get too focused on technical analysis of VIX especially overnight. It definitely peaked though so maybe we'll have a green day.
McInnis 03
AG
Irish 2.0 said:

Still think Bullard should get his ass beat. ****ing *******.

They shouldn't be allowed to talk during market hours. Hell, they shouldn't be allowed to talk outside of their regularly scheduled meetings
I am no consipiracy theorist, but at the end of the day, money is so very powerful.....

I noted quite a bit more dark pool chatter yesterday than normal, and the DIX talk is off the charts. I'm not saying words were said to make it happen, but because it happened it seems like a lot of money moved around yesterday.

I dunno.
Brewmaster
AG
ProgN said:

Spoony Love said:

No, it's internal polls showing dems getting slaughtered in the midterms. The sponsors of that bill are all up for re-election this year. Have no worries my friend, the incompetent chestfeeder will be giving us both, fuel tax and mileage tax after the midterms.
No he won't. He will be completely powerless after they get slaughtered in November. They will lose 60 to 80 seats, plus another 7 in the senate.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
I'll be skeptical and watching volume during the opening hour. If we do get a big green day, I'm watching TSLA, TTD, and AMD to trade for upside today.
Irish 2.0
FTAG 2000
AG
/ES has an inverted H&S in the overnight.
Ccutamu
Bob Knights Liver said:

Ccutamu said:

There is a H&S pattern on VIX premarket. I think I read on here one day that it means nothing on VIX. Can anyone confirm. No corresponding inverse H&S on SPY or QQQs so I think I know the answer but looking for confirmation.

Yes, as far as I've witnessed and heard, the VIX doesn't follow patterns as well as equities. You can still chart it, but I wouldn't get too focused on technical analysis of VIX especially overnight. It definitely peaked though so maybe we'll have a green day.
Thanks BKL!
Spoony Love
AG
Maybe they should go kick him in the balls as has been suggested
FTAG 2000
AG
Irish 2.0 said:

Would love to know who bought puts before his comments yesterday, and who bought calls before the close.

Besides Pelosi I mean.
McInnis 03
AG
Seeing a lot of chatter online that those in the know are definitely scratching their heads on Bullards words yesterday. Making it sound like even that was too far out of character.
jj9000
AG
We have Russia about to invade Ukraine.
We have China thinking about Taiwan.
We have Inflation out the freking wazoo.
We have Fed talking about multiple hikes.

We watched the movie...Skywalker blows up the Death Star.

We watched the movie a second time...and beforehand we placed our bets that Skywalker misses the shot. He doesn't miss, BTW.

Crazy freaking environment.

/endrant
Irish 2.0
jj9000 said:

We watched the movie a second time...and beforehand we placed our bets that Skywalker misses the shot. He doesn't miss, BTW.

/endrant
Two more weeks.
BayAg_14
jj9000 said:

/endrant
Sounds bullish to me.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Nance and I are tight, yo.
Dan Scott
AG
I effing hate it when I take puts overnight, go to bed ab see the market down 1% only to reverse to a green open.
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
That Fed emergency meeting is Powell giving a group reprimand but focused on Bullard. However, I would not doubt that Powell has some agency look into Bullard's account activity. Powell won't survive another insider trading event.
Brewmaster
AG
tailgatetimer10
AG
I am indifferent, only because EV's get around this tax and still get subsidies.

However if this gas tax waiver is real, the fed is super concerned about gas prices in the near term
Brewmaster
AG
Dan Scott said:

I effing hate it when I take puts overnight, go to bed ab see the market down 1% only to reverse to a green open.
wait for the first 30 minutes to shake out. Usually the first 30 is the fake.
Tumble Weed
Bio is helping out the portfolio this morning. Up over 4 percent.
First Page Last Page
Page 5017 of 6618

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.