Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,030,581 Views | 231620 Replies | Last: 17 min ago by Chef Elko
ProgN
How long do you want to ignore this user?
McInnis 03 said:

I was cramping up last night from a bit too much exercise and too little hydration so I went to Walmart for some pedialyte.....

THAT **** WAS $5 A BOTTLE OR MORE.

INFLATION IS REAL FOLKS.

It's probably menstrual.
BrokeAssAggie
McInnis 03 said:

I was cramping up last night from a bit too much exercise and too little hydration so I went to Walmart for some pedialyte.....

INFLATION IS REAL FOLKS.

Get a Theragun
gougler08
AG
BrokeAssAggie said:

McInnis 03 said:

INFLATION IS REAL FOLKS.

Get a Theragun
Have you seen the futures? He can't afford that ****
Brewmaster
AG
ProgN said:

BrokeAssAggie said:

BTHOB said:

Rates going up... market won't like it?

This is not new news. Don't think we see a big reaction today
I'm buying some trading shares of TTD and NVDA at the open.
with you on the TTD, would love low 70's, but that's probably asking too much (unless market sells off today)
McInnis 03
AG
I have one. It's futile vs these old man lockups.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Selling half of my SPX 4515 pinned flies and SPY 453 flies in the first hour. I'll sell one of my VIX $23 calls if/when it gets me net free with the others.

I hope those that think this will be a play to crush put premiums and get retail capitulation only to drive the prices back up. I'm hedged a bit down to 4450, but not fully hedged in all accounts.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
McInnis 03 said:

Irish 2.0 said:

Here's the kicker; We'll likely get most if not all of this back by tomorrow after the MMs are done washing out the week hands in teh morning.
Mr $18Bn exposure on SPX 4600/4700 is about to do work the next 48 hours.

I might buy some of these this morning if they are cheap enough. What was the expiry again?
Irish 2.0
McInnis 03 said:

INFLATION IS REAL FOLKS.
People buy pedialyte for stuff other than hangovers?

HOLY *****
Engine10
AG
6 hikes? I don't see that materializing unless like 10 bps per. But still, agree this is just a shakeout.
McInnis 03
AG
Irish 2.0 said:

McInnis 03 said:

INFLATION IS REAL FOLKS.

HOLY *****
Parents for babies, obvs.

And athletes for cramps sometimes. Or old guys for cramps.
Engine10
AG
Irish 2.0 said:

McInnis 03 said:

INFLATION IS REAL FOLKS.

HOLY *****

It's also a favorite of Amazon FBA side hustle goons that buy out a whole CVS. **** is really annoying when you have a sick, dehydrated wife and/or kid.
McInnis 03
AG
Bob Knights Liver said:

McInnis 03 said:

Irish 2.0 said:

Here's the kicker; We'll likely get most if not all of this back by tomorrow after the MMs are done washing out the week hands in teh morning.

I might buy some of these this morning if they are cheap enough. What was the expiry again?
Originally it was the 2/11 and 2/18 dates. Same setup on both. Unsure if they've reduced since inception, we can check tho.
BaylorSpineGuy
My guess is he sold yesterday at close. Wasn't he 4500/4700?

I can't imagine anyone slinging $18B was gonna risk a total market puke?
McInnis 03
AG
Bob Knights Liver said:

McInnis 03 said:

Irish 2.0 said:

The 2/11's have been mostly closed.

The 2/18 AM expirations are still there.
McInnis 03
AG
ES 4517.5 is yesterdays low, NQ 14741 or so is yesterday's low........ We are approaching both now.
McInnis 03
AG
If you'll all recall our liquidity discussion the other day.......there was some back and forth about "is it there, is it gone".......on a day like today, when things go the way they just did if there was ample liquidity I think we'd see a rush to a safe harbor like Gold when inflation is printing the way it did. Gold isn't doing jack squat. That's another indicator of lack of liquidity.

Someone smarter than me (99.9% of you) correct me if I'm wrong.
McInnis 03
AG

LMCane
can we discuss the 10 year?

that's a Treasury Bond correct? it just hit 2.0% as I was watching it.

when the Fed is "raising rates", or I should state "if and when the Fed ever raises rates"..

where is that increase? in the 30 year Treasury?

the Fed Funds Lending rate is tied in to the T Bills in what way?

and how do you plan or take advantage of raising interest rates on government bills?
BrokeAssAggie
Nice!
FTAG 2000
AG
McInnis - any thoughts on that DIS calendar spread?
LMCane
McInnis 03 said:

If you'll all recall our liquidity discussion the other day.......there was some back and forth about "is it there, is it gone".......on a day like today, when things go the way they just did if there was ample liquidity I think we'd see a rush to a safe harbor like Gold when inflation is printing the way it did. Gold isn't doing jack squat. That's another indicator of lack of liquidity.

Someone smarter than me (99.9% of you) correct me if I'm wrong.
isn't all the money that would have been in gold a decade ago..

now in cryptocurrency?

I would think most of the free cash is tied up in BTC and ETH right now.
LMCane
McInnis 03 said:

Irish 2.0 said:

McInnis 03 said:

INFLATION IS REAL FOLKS.

HOLY *****

someone was reporting on the "Elevator News service" that I see in my company elevator that children's baby food is in short supply.

baby food!!!
McInnis 03
AG
AG 2000' said:

McInnis - any thoughts on that DIS calendar spread?
Going to watch it here as it opens. If it flares from IV swelling with this vol pop, I may just take the win and look for the next.
mc_shipman
You know, I had the impulse to buy some Spy or QQQ puts yesterday. Didn't do it, but I thought about it. So that's something.
McInnis 03
AG
LMCane said:

McInnis 03 said:

Irish 2.0 said:

McInnis 03 said:

INFLATION IS REAL FOLKS.

HOLY *****

someone was reporting on the "Elevator News service" that I see in my company elevator that children's baby food is in short supply.

baby food!!!
This could be a good thing. Get people making their own again.
FTAG 2000
AG
LMCane said:

McInnis 03 said:

Irish 2.0 said:

McInnis 03 said:

INFLATION IS REAL FOLKS.

HOLY *****

baby food!!!
I know it's a bit more work, but people are better off making their own anyway. Healthier, less sugar.
FTAG 2000
AG
I need someone to explain SOFI to me. Why doesn't it move with other banks?

Spoony Love
AG
mc_shipman said:

You know, I had the impulse to buy some Spy or QQQ puts yesterday. Didn't do it, but I thought about it. So that's something.
I did too and even mentioned I was going to buy a $455P for 2/11 because of the gap below. Guess who didn't and has two thumbs?
jj9000
AG
McInnis 03 said:

LMCane said:

McInnis 03 said:

Irish 2.0 said:

McInnis 03 said:

INFLATION IS REAL FOLKS.

HOLY *****

baby food!!!
This could be a good thing. Get people making their own again.

Max Stonetrail
ZOMG!! SIX HIKES!!!!11111!!!

Sorry, had to get that out. Clowns, the lot of them.

I will be buying AMD Calls on weakness.
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
Quote:

Blackrock Vice Chairman Hildebrand said yesterday that the Central Banks will have to live with higher inflation because the cost to the economy will be too great if they raise rates aggressively.
Fed ain't gonna raise no rates.
Engine10
AG
Fed sets their rates, which treasuries price off of. To determine if you want to partake, gotta look at basic pricing view like CAPM. From there you can understand how/why risk free rate matters (10 yr is common measure) vs. Market risk premium.

Same concept why non profitable growth will get slaughtered in a higher rate environment vs what we've been living in.

I'm not buying bonds outright but you can buy funds that track them and pay similar interest I believe. But still, when risk free is 2-5%(let's see how far hikes go) and inflation is 7%, equities are one of the few options for real returns.

McInnis 03
AG
McInnis 03 said:

ES 4517.5 is yesterdays low, NQ 14741 or so is yesterday's low........ We are approaching both now.
Interesting price action on these poins already.... the open will power through whatever it wants to do, but there are buyers here for now, enough to consolidate here.
Spoony Love
AG
Spoony Love said:

BREwmaster said:

Spoony Love said:

Okay, opinions please. We opened up a gap on SPY this morning obviously. AS much as we talk about gap plays, what's the possibility the CPI news drives it to fill it tomorrow?
good odds I think. and then as long as 4517 holds, (and we pullback pretty quick off of it), we are good for another leg up.

RSI is pretty overbought up here too
I'm thinking of a 2/11 SPY $455P at end of day if we close above $456.50 or rip higher. Below that, I am not sure.
What a doofus.
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
Who ever the poster was looking to do something with money in a Roth and someone here mentioned PDI per me. ***** If you still have the cash. Look at PDI today. ***** My opinion, if you buy at sub $24.85 you should be good.
First Page Last Page
Page 5008 of 6618

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.