Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,032,773 Views | 231624 Replies | Last: 14 min ago by Happygilmore20
Triple_Bagger
How long do you want to ignore this user?
McInnis 03 said:

Did pton report early? Thought they were after close today?
Seems like it. I was expecting AMC as well and planned to buy my puts today. Oh well.
Irish 2.0
I'd be careful about buying puts on companies that have been knee capped so much lately into ER. I'm by no means saying these companies can't go lower, but a lot of these companies are already heavily shorted and any type of positive outlook or good guidance and you'll get destroyed. Look at what SNAP did. I think DKNG could have a similar reaction as SNAP. I'm not playing earnings during this volatility, but I think the bears are getting a bit too comfortable with the assumption that the Fed is going to ram massive inteset rate hikes in and that isn't a forgone conclusion at all.

Keep in mind I day trade and swing. I'm not a long term investor. I pay someone smarter than me for that ish. This is just a personal observation of mine
59 South
AG
gougler08 said:

ProgN said:

Oil giant BP reports highest profit in 8 years on soaring commodity prices

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/02/08/bp-earnings-q4-2021.html?__source=iosappshare%7Ccom.apple.UIKit.activity.CopyToPasteboard

IIRC, Gougler works for BP. You getting a fat raise and bonus this year?
I'm at SHEL (cause we can't be Dutch anymore), but yes...very good bonus this year. Merit raise data comes out next week I believe but I'd expect that to be pretty good too, especially seeing as we got 0 raise or bonus last year
Hey operators, don't forget to pass some of those profits down to your suppliers please.

PS: don't fight the coming price escalations because they coming for you this year, and they are coming in HARD.
ProgN
59 South said:

PS: don't fight the coming price escalations because they coming for you this year, and they are coming in HARD.
I bet you're fun at parties.
ProgN
Irish 2.0 said:

I'd be careful about buying puts on companies that have been knee capped so much lately into ER. I'm by no means saying these companies can't go lower, but a lot of these companies are already heavily shorted and any type of positive outlook or good guidance and you'll get destroyed. Look at what SNAP did. I think DKNG could have a similar reaction as SNAP. I'm not playing earnings during this volatility, but I think the bears are getting a bit too comfortable with the assumption that the Fed is going to ram massive inteset rate hikes in and that isn't a forgone conclusion at all.

Keep in mind I day trade and swing. I'm not a long term investor. I pay someone smarter than me for that ish. This is just a personal observation of mine
Someone this morning on CNBC said they expect 7 hikes this year AND 4 next year. If that's true then they're fudging the numbers and inflation is way worse than they're presenting it.
Irish 2.0
ProgN said:

Irish 2.0 said:

Someone this morning on CNBC said they expect 7 hikes this year AND 4 next year. If that's true then they're fudging the numbers and inflation is way worse than they're presenting it.
That was a BOA mouthpiece.

Rate hikes won't do **** if the government is still spending money like me in Vegas at The Spearmint Rhino
gougler08
AG
59 South said:

gougler08 said:

ProgN said:

Oil giant BP reports highest profit in 8 years on soaring commodity prices

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/02/08/bp-earnings-q4-2021.html?__source=iosappshare%7Ccom.apple.UIKit.activity.CopyToPasteboard

IIRC, Gougler works for BP. You getting a fat raise and bonus this year?
I'm at SHEL (cause we can't be Dutch anymore), but yes...very good bonus this year. Merit raise data comes out next week I believe but I'd expect that to be pretty good too, especially seeing as we got 0 raise or bonus last year
Hey operators, don't forget to pass some of those profits down to your suppliers please.

I work downstream for Shell so bring them on...we just pass them right along to the end customer
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
59 South said:

I was gonna say, when oil spikes the conservative, responsibly hedged e&p companies get scrood because materials dry up and services costs go wild
59 South
AG
Charismatic Megafauna said:

59 South said:

I was gonna say, when oil spikes the conservative, responsibly hedged e&p companies get scrood because materials dry up and services costs go wild
Yea, it works both ways though. When oil tanks, it is the suppliers that get hit the hardest by slashing costs and rates just to keep the business going. It's a vicious cycle that just keeps repeating and why we can't and never will have steady oil prices.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Can you share who you work for, 59? Or what segment?
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Irish 2.0 said:

I'd be careful about buying puts on companies that have been knee capped so much lately into ER.

I had similar thoughts on PTON. It had such a huge up move yesterday, if earnings were a dud or buyout rumors were put down or ignored, there could be a chance to pop right back down to last week's price range. Plus they were really cheap because everyone was expecting green.

McFly I thought they always planned to do it before the open today? That's why I was trying to see if those put flies would fill for cheap in the last hour yesterday.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
True, I've heard some nasty stories of contracts being thrown out the window (on both sides) when the price environment changes. Then during the last pullback it was apparently a thing to go back through 4 years of invoices and dispute/ claw back all the charges they could
BrokeAssAggie
How many Oil and Gas folks we have posting in here? I work upstream, private.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
WWR Doing some things here in the premarket? Or is that just a blip where someone buying made a mistake and someone selling got lucky?
cageybee77
AG
BrokeAssAggie said:

Imma user.
Talon2DSO
AG
BrokeAssAggie said:

I work Midstream. I'm the DOT compliance manager for rail, pipe, truck, and barge.
cageybee77
AG
Bob Knights Liver said:

WWR Doing some things here in the premarket? Or is that just a blip where someone buying made a mistake and someone selling got lucky?
1354 shares traded pre market..... current bid is 1.99 though
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
I'm at a smallish private onshore e&p (+midstream) company, previously at apc, rds, oas, sto/eqnr
Bob Knights Paper Hands
I think everyone except for FJ and McFly is in O&G.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Yeah looks like a just a mistake. I guess I'll put the cigar and Mortlach back up.
BrokeAssAggie
Bob Knights Liver said:

no volume at all..
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
We should hang out. I think I'm the only person in the world who enjoys doing midstream gis
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
BrokeAssAggie
I am headed to Houston in the morning for NAPE..
Irish 2.0
Bob Knights Liver said:

I think everyone except for FJ and McFly is in O&G.
I'm a chicken f***er...
Talon2DSO
AG

We should hang out. I think I'm the only person in the world who enjoys doing midstream gis

I'm up in the Marcellus. I'm an Aggie in exile
SF2004
AG
Good gosh... $FB just keeps selling off.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
E-hang out lol. Nepa or swpa?
cageybee77
AG
SF2004 said:

I think that the "data privacy" issue in the EU is weighing heavily.....potential loss of lots of revenue
59 South
AG

Can you share who you work for, 59? Or what segment?
Oilfield services, offshore deepwater.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
SF2004 said:

There's a pivot at $222 from precovid high. It may bounce here. I'm not seeing any calls or spreads I really like though. I may buy a few shares if it gets above yesterday's close. Stop would be today's open.
bmoochie
AG
BrokeAssAggie said:

Work for an Environmental company in Houston who deals with O&G as our customers. So semi related
59 South
AG

True, I've heard some nasty stories of contracts being thrown out the window (on both sides) when the price environment changes. Then during the last pullback it was apparently a thing to go back through 4 years of invoices and dispute/ claw back all the charges they could
I've heard of that happening with the smaller companies in pure survival mode.

Never seen it on my end... can't risk long term relationships with the scale that we're at.
FTAG 2000
AG
Bob Knights Liver said:

SF2004 said:

There's a pivot at $222 from precovid high. It may bounce here. I'm not seeing any calls or spreads I really like though. I may buy a few shares if it gets above yesterday's close. Stop would be today's open.

Going back two years, there's a huge volume shelf at 219ish. That's the lower institutional volume node over that time. I expect it to test it for sure.
59 South
AG
ProgN said:

I bet you're fun at parties.
In all seriousness, I hope everyone understood this was a joke (kinda).
First Page Last Page
Page 4993 of 6618

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.