Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,025,888 Views | 231616 Replies | Last: 5 hrs ago by ProgN
Touchless
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Triple_Bagger said:

Sounds like we have a few cyclists in the group. I'd love to get together for a fondo. I raced road bikes for a few years, but haven't ridden much since covid hit. I'd like to start riding again and a target event would give me some motivation.
How about the triple bypass?
tlepoC
AG
Triple_Bagger said:

I'm over in Austin. I've had a Zwift account since back when it was free but I sold my Kickr in 2020 when someone offered me what I paid for it (it was a 1st gen with no less than 1,000 hours on it). I need to get a new smart trainer and then I'll hop on Zwift with you.
Just send a friend invite to 'Tex Ag' and you'll get an invite to the 'Texas Aggie' club that was just formed. Maybe eventually they'll let you search and find the club yourself. Invite is open to anyone here active on Zwift. Pre-open strategy rides....

I'm in Austin too - sticking to gravel and mtb IRL though.
LMCane
McInnis 03 said:

LMCane said:

is there anyplace to track the after hours futures market?

I want to see the chart from last night as the NASDAQ goes from +2.3% to negative at the open today.

I can't find any such tool. it's almost as if after hours doesn't exist once the markets "open" the next day.

why do they even have after hours market when you can still trade it?
What service do you use? If you use TOS/TD you can look at /NQ to see the futures charting action.
Thanks buddy

I don't use any service, I just use my Fidelity Brokerage account to do research and then watch Youtube videos of a few folks I think actually know what they are talking about when they analyze stocks.

not smart enough to get into the day trading game- plus it's bad enough to be addicted to buying the dip every day the last month!
McInnis 03
AG
S&P looks like an ORH breach coming...........
mazag08
AG
SF2004 said:

Watching $F for an entry after this sell off.

Any suggestions for a number? $15 looks good but I can't see it getting that low before selling subsides.
I wouldn't jump in yet after it just broke major support.
Triple_Bagger
Touchless said:

Triple_Bagger said:

Sounds like we have a few cyclists in the group. I'd love to get together for a fondo. I raced road bikes for a few years, but haven't ridden much since covid hit. I'd like to start riding again and a target event would give me some motivation.
Looks awesome. I'd be down for that if we put a group together
tailgatetimer10
AG
Funny, you think a political party is going to blame 'one of their own'. 1,000% it will be blamed on 'big oil'. The unfortunate part of all of this is we are just a chess piece on the political chess board.

Anyway, how many people are playing WTI? I do not see anything stopping that train in the near future.
McInnis 03
AG
McInnis 03 said:

or not. Lower high there not what I wanna see.
59 South
AG
Triple_Bagger said:

You can chart futures for free on tradingview.

NQ is Nasdaq futures. ES is S&P500 futures.
On TradingView, type in NQ1! and ES1! for these.
Touchless
AG
Triple_Bagger said:

Touchless said:

Triple_Bagger said:

Looks awesome?? Are you on glue? I'd be dead. Even when I was in really good shape, that would have been a pipe dream for me. And some people do the double triple bypass.

Maybe I could drink a beer with the group after the fact lol.
SF2004
AG
Another entry I am eyeing is PayPal.

Thinking it is about overdone.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I'm trying to get a good entry on SPX 4500 calls. Not easy.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Managed to catch 12.2. Currently 16ish. Want to stay in trade. Stop at B/E.
McInnis 03
AG
McInnis 03 said:

McInnis 03 said:

or not. Lower high there not what I wanna see.
back on track. Let's do what Irish said and mimic last friday now.
gougler08
AG
You can sell the Feb 18 ROKU 250 covered call for $0.50 right now...either a free $50 or $100 move on the stock in 2 weeks. I mean, that seems easy?
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
I used to hang out with a bunch of drs and nurses who volunteered at the triple bypass every year. They stayed busy!
So can a peloton, nordic, any similar device all log in to zwift? I gotta stop being such a fatass
McInnis 03
AG
SF2004 said:

Ripster tweeteda bout PYPL this morning that if you're buying here, long term risk should be about 100. So 20 pts is your risk on that one ideally.
Irish 2.0
QQQ can't sit here for long. It needs to buld and go. Lots of supply to cut trough
oldarmy1
AG
SF2004 said:

Entry, as signaled yesterday, was made this morning approaching $121.

DavysApprentice
AG
AgDad77 said:

What stationary bike do yall use indoors - i am looking to get something for the office.
Been looking at the newest NordicTrack??

Thanks

My wife and I both love the peloton. It's get used almost everyday in our house. It's extremely quiet so it can be ridden at anytime. Its also easy to adjust and move around. They have great instructors and a top notch service with a lot more than just cycling

That said even if you get a used one, you will have to have the subscription service and it is 40 bucks a month.

To make it stock related, I don't expect PTON to continue to fall and am looking towards it longer term once it shows a sign of reversing. Peloton is still the class of the at home cycling world and the is the most recognized name in the business. They way overshot their value during covid but that company will be fine in my opinion
McInnis 03
AG
DavysApprentice said:

AgDad77 said:

What stationary bike do yall use indoors - i am looking to get something for the office.
Been looking at the newest NordicTrack??

Thanks

My wife and I both love the peloton. It's get used almost everyday in our house. It's extremely quiet so it can be ridden at anytime. Its also easy to adjust and move around. They have great instructors and a top notch service with a lot more than just cycling

That said even if you get a used one, you will have to have the subscription service and it is 40 bucks a month.

To make it stock related, I don't expect PTON to continue to fall and am looking towards it longer term once it shows a sign of reversing. Peloton is still the class of the at home cycling world and the is the most recognized name in the business. They way overshot their value during covid but that company will be fine in my opinion
FYI, that $40/mo is way better than my OrangeTheory $149/mo.....whatever you find that works though, most any monthly fee is worth it.
Irish 2.0
I use Think or Swim for my charts and Fidelity for my trades. TOS is free.

Here is my chart setup

https://tos.mx/d4Bvsyp
59 South
AG
gougler08 said:

You can sell the Feb 18 ROKU 250 covered call for $0.50 right now...either a free $50 or $100 move on the stock in 2 weeks. I mean, that seems easy?
Earnings on the 17th I think. It was in the 240s on 12/31.
tlepoC
AG
Kickr Bike (came from other basic Kickrs). To me, it's much more worthwhile and versatile than peloton. Want to mimic riding, go. Want to mimic spin, go. Do what you want and hook it up to whatever service you want. Kinda aligns with Android vs Apple type philosophy as to what you gravitate towards though.

I started shorting PTON way too early. To me, it just isn't going to be long-lasting but, as always, I screwed up my timing.
Irish 2.0
59 South said:

gougler08 said:

Earnings on the 17th I think. It was in the 240s on 12/31.
Personally if I wanted into ROKU ER (which I don't), I'd sell like a 175 or 200 naked put
McInnis 03
AG
that was a weird -1200 tick outta kinda nowhere.
BourbonAg
AG
Followed you on the PYPL and just got out for a quick 20% scalp. Thanks!
FTAG 2000
AG
LMCane said:

Touchless said:

BrokeAssAggie said:

WTI over $92. We will be back in the 100s before summer.
With VLO up against resistance over the last two years, if it keeps going up, I can see them pushing through it and moving pretty quick. This is the 3 year weekly.

as someone who believes seriously in FJB- this is terrific.

the leftists did everything they could to destroy fossil fuels.

now let's watch them whine over the next 6 months as they realize the wind farms in Cali aren't going to save them from $5 a gallon gasoline.
Had employees in CA last week for work. They're already over five a gallon out there.
SF2004
AG
oldarmy1 said:

SF2004 said:

Entry, as signaled yesterday, was made this morning approaching $121.

The man himself folks!

Thanks for the reply.
Brewmaster
AG
Triple_Bagger said:

Touchless said:

Triple_Bagger said:

that would be awesome! and Mt. Lemmon is on my short list too! (Arizona)
Brewmaster
AG
before you all get too bullish...

also if I zoom out Q's have a domed look to them...could easily revisit January lows next week...

Engine10
AG
Touchless said:

BrokeAssAggie said:

WTI over $92. We will be back in the 100s before summer.
With VLO up against resistance over the last two years, if it keeps going up, I can see them pushing through it and moving pretty quick. This is the 3 year weekly.

Don't forget $VLO has the lead domestically on RD productions, huge margin lever for them especially now with cracks starting to open up. Have a ton of CAPEX focused here too for Port Arthur expansion, and the recent Louisiana expansion just came online last Q. Room to run here IMO.
Spoony Love
AG
SPY is certainly establishing a low of sorts for the day. That is an impressive side-ways chop on the 5-min chart.
Irish 2.0
Saltyag15
AG
ASO has stood relatively tough throughout this macro pullback, but it is falling pretty hard today compared to the rest of the market. Anybody see/hear anything?
First Page Last Page
Page 4980 of 6618

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.