Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,042,437 Views | 231653 Replies | Last: 19 min ago by ProgN
McInnis 03
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone gonna watch FB for lotto action?

I might.

I'll look for a Redler style low in the first 15-30 minutes. If it gets strongly reclaimed that's when I may lotto at atm or 1 strike otm 0dte play
cageybee77
AG
expecting a bounce from an "over-reaction" has cost me more money than it has gained me. Imma watch this closely.
austinAG90
AG
Facebook Slammed 20% on Poor Earnings...BOE Raises Rates 4 Wanted More

The overnight equity market never had a chance...between the awful earnings from Facebook coupled with Qualcomm and Spotify, equity markets opened at their lows and went down from there... S+P futures hit their low just an hour ago, down 57 and have rallied to down 41...Nasdaq futures were down about 380 ,now 305... Clearly an ugly overnight session... But surprisingly, the treasury market could not sustain much of a bid... Trading in a 1.75-1.77 session for most of the overnight time frame, it is hitting the 1.80 level now, which is the magnet we talked about yesterday... What will it take for treasuries to break to new levels?

BOE...Bank of England raised rates as expected of 25 basis points, but 4 governors dissented because they wanted a 50 basis raise... The UK regulator for energy, moments ago, lifted the caps for Energy price rises of 54% from April 1.. In some countries that would cause riots in the street... Clearly inflation is out of control in the UK... And that will probably feed itself into Fed speak thought... How the ECB can ignore that today is beyond us, but Lagarde will be taken to the rate rising woodshed kicking and screaming at some point...

New Fed Governors are the only Fed speak on the calendar for the rest of the week... That does not mean we could not see an interview pop up from another Fed governor... We expect Raskin, Cook, and Jefferson to get behind the Chair on focusing on inflation...All need some Republican votes to get approved as the Dems are only at 49 in the Senate for the next 6 weeks, after one of the NM Senators had a stroke... Jefferson should be the easiest confirmation,

We had two of our senior sales people call yesterday to discuss what we think the outlook is for rates, the curve and risk...our response was that the street has gotten ahead of the Fed... Big moves happen around or shortly after Fed meetings... We got the back up in the short end and curve flattening after the January 26 meeting...but some of that has reversed... We think the next big move will happen at the March meeting...we expect major ,and we mean major ,moves off that meeting... So what will happen in the next 5 weeks until then?... We are thinking range bound... Some steepening, some flattening trades being taken off... Recession talk? Some but not credible... We do not expect the yield curve to invert, but pressure will build to flatten on rate hikes... And be somewhat tempered by Balance Sheet reduction, which will start earlier than originally thought....

Employment number...ADP reaffirmed the negative tone on tomorrow's employment number, with their minus 301,000 print yesterday... We think the odds of a negative number are high enough that few will be surprised by the headline... And the bond response will either be muted or faded, two of the big boys, GS and MS, are minus 250 and 215, respectively... The average hourly earnings and work week will be our focus... The unemployment rate is expected to remain at 3.9%, but that could be a surprise... CPI, a week from now, is expected to be 7.3% YOY... So the Fed's inflation issue will remain...WIRP is at 4.75 at the moment, meaning just shy of 5 rate hikes for the rest of the year...

Expect choppy markets... Risk off equity trading from Facebook and others... And range bound treasuries... 6 borrowers priced 7.55 billion yesterday, but some wider spreads are focusing some of the issuance to bank loans, safer and floating... Good demand for the IBM deal, 5 x in orders...In junk AMC doubled their offering to 950 mm...so stuff continues to get done, but volumes are lower....
McInnis 03
AG
McInnis 03 said:

I might.

I'll look for a Redler style low in the first 15-30 minutes. If it gets strongly reclaimed that's when I may lotto at atm or 1 strike otm 0dte play
$244 has been a relatively stout level for FB dating back to the week of 9/21/20 and week of 1/11/21 (providing support) after being breached finally the week of 7/27/20 (when it was resistance).

Lower than $244 there was a consolidation around 223-240 for several weeks. $223 would likely provide SIGNIFICANT support.
McInnis 03
AG
4520 may have just left the building.
BrokeAssAggie
Todays going to be fun. Going to watch the Qs and tech. There will be some good money to be made on either a bigger move down or a nice bounce back up to $362
McInnis 03
AG
Irish 2.0 said:

McInnis 03 said:

Irish 2.0 said:

Note these are opening orders...Not uncertain?
Hey, anything on DT may 50C??

I think I just saw $14MM cross
You did. They were closing out the calls
OMG. They did not close them. That was a $14MM opening position.
Irish 2.0
McInnis 03 said:

Irish 2.0 said:

McInnis 03 said:

Irish 2.0 said:

Note these are opening orders...Not uncertain?
Hey, anything on DT may 50C??

I think I just saw $14MM cross
You did. They were closing out the calls
OMG. They did not close them. That was a $14MM opening position.

Oh damn. Figured it was closing since there was already 36k on the OI
Irish 2.0
Patience is the name of the game today. I'm waiting the first hour. Only exception for me is watching QCOM for red to green
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
This is really no man's land. You have to be bearish leaning right now until recapture of 4540 area. Amazon tonight and other things. Only a split saves them.

May not be worth doing anything. Irish is right about the IB period.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
If I expected anything it would be bounce to short.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Well, I'm gonna go get some Starbucks and just look at this in 30 minutes
Spoony Love
AG
Choose a local shop, I have a put on the line.
cageybee77
AG
does this make sense: I think I observe that stop-loss orders are more likely to be "clipped" (I don't know what the right word is) when volume is low. By clipped I mean picked off in the sense that the trading moves towards the stop loss position sort of steadily, picks off the order, and then marches right back up again. So, if true and not just a "coincidence" for those of us that use stop-losses, should we consider cancelling them (or not using them at at all) on low volume days/lower volume periods in the day/stocks that always trade low volume?
Ranger222
AG
My assumption will be a bounce on open to try and fill the overnight gap on some names, but how strong it will be + how long it will sustain is anyone's guess
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Anyone buying VIX puts at the open? 2/16$22 maybe?
BaylorSpineGuy
RGS, the little engine that didn't, but could!

Earnings beat! Only lost .06, not .12. Let's goooo!!!!
oldarmy1
AG
Cloud said:

I was going to donate to OA's latest, but the image used on the fund page is a stock image of a pregnant lady...

https://gogetfunding.com/baby-due-any-day-now-by-caesarean-delivery-surgical-procedure-we-have-no-medical-insurance-and-need-your-help/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maternity_clothing

What gives? Did OA get duped

No, I know the family personally. Luis wife doesn't want her face on social media. I'll never post a donation link for someone I don't know.

I've repaired their house, covered some prenatal care and general expenses (rent, food, etc).
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Yes I don't like leaving stop loss orders overnight if I can help it.
McInnis 03
AG
McInnis 03 said:

McInnis 03 said:

I might.

$244 has been a relatively stout level for FB dating back to the week of 9/21/20 and week of 1/11/21 (providing support) after being breached finally the week of 7/27/20 (when it was resistance).

Lower than $244 there was a consolidation around 223-240 for several weeks. $223 would likely provide SIGNIFICANT support.
Opening at 244, juicy. Break below and reclaim would be a nice signal.
Max Stonetrail
Beware of trying to catch a falling knife.
McInnis 03
AG
Max Stonetrail said:

That's what diamond hands are for.
Max Stonetrail
McInnis 03 said:

Max Stonetrail said:

That's what diamond hands are for.
Good one! Or Kevlar. DD (Dupont) anyone?
Touchless
AG
McInnis 03 said:

My backyard weather station looks exactly like yesterday's futures chart

Don't have a chart, but mine reflects my day gain/loss…

BrokeAssAggie
Picking up some Q $362 calls here. Quick scalp on a move up
jj9000
AG
Touchless said:

McInnis 03 said:

My backyard weather station looks exactly like yesterday's futures chart

Don't have a chart, but mine reflects my day gain/loss…

Psycho Bunny?

Ummm...Soooo.

Yeaaaahh...not going to that site.
ProgN
McInnis 03
AG
COWARD
Touchless
AG
lol..didn't even notice that. No clue what it is, but sounds sketch. Doesn't match up with the picture. I feel like accuweather has a **** load more ads recently. Used to just be able to check weather without x'ing out of several ads.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Just wait for the trend to show itself if there is one.
TxAgLaw03RW
AG
Nothing sketchy, just means Touchless has been shopping for trendy men's clothing.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
On ES, 4505 has held twice. I think this is the level for today.
McInnis 03
AG
TicTop indicator showing strong negative signal, weary of longs here on SPY/QQQ
McInnis 03
AG
That being said, I'm longer than Ron Jeremy on FB right now, so ignore me.
BrokeAssAggie
FB holding on..
First Page Last Page
Page 4968 of 6619

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.