Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,043,390 Views | 231654 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by Heineken-Ashi
Boban
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Speaking of $5 cup of coffee, a vote on a merger between SPAC SBEA and Black Rifle Coffee Company will be held tomorrow.
BrokeAssAggie
Tormentos said:

That decision to pick up 25 shares of GOOGL last week is looking pretty good now

Go buy you a bottle of Pappys tonight
2wealfth Man
AG
Paypal down to $150 AH
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Paypal is dog shiat.
ProgN
ProgN said:

If AMD comfortably beats earnings, which I believe they will, NVDA could hit $275. At that point I bet FOMO kicks in and she'll fly.
Irish 2.0
CheladaAg
AG
PYPL taking SQ with it….
McInnis 03
AG
Tormentos said:

That decision to pick up 25 shares of GOOGL last week is looking pretty good now
Yeah, passing on that Bimmer was nails bro!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Wait, was there a dividend announcement for GOOGL?
2wealfth Man
AG
Interesting that Xilinx is not getting the after hours bump that AMD is.
gougler08
AG
Irish 2.0 said:

gougler08 said:

Irish 2.0 said:

If you want a bank stock with the most growth if you're fine with just holding and a little volatility, I'd add some SOFI
I like them short and long term
I'm into them for 1000 shares. Sitting at ~$14avg cost.
I just sold Feb 12.50 puts for $0.75
McInnis 03
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

"Split as dividend"
gougler08
AG
And bleh to PYPL, that one will hurt
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
McInnis 03 said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

"Split as dividend"
What exactly does that mean? Honestly never heard of that before and no idea how that works.
2wealfth Man
AG
gougler08 said:

geez; now it is $147; rats jumping off the ship.
gougler08
AG
2wealfth Man said:

gougler08 said:

geez; now it is $147; rats jumping off the ship
Yeah I just had sold a put on it, but that's going to be a boat anchor tomorrow, will have to decide if I just cut bait or hold til Feb hoping for some model T work
ProgN
gougler08 said:

PYPL and SQ are in the crosshairs of AAPL. I wouldn't mess with either one because AAPL is more than likely going to crush them.
Touchless
AG
Real upset I sold 80% of my NVDA calls right at close. Was trying to get close to net free. Today's open freaked me with the open and made some bad decisions early on. Didn't want tomorrow to have a similar open. Oh well, it should hopefully stay green until open.

Need to figure out how to get in GOOGL with not enough cash to buy many shares. Options will be juiced in the morning. Maybe there will be an early pull back at least a small amount to buy some a week or two out and just get on the ride like AAPL?

$30k, how would you manage GOOGL in the $50k account you're working with?
2wealfth Man
AG
Got some more NVDA at $210 - $214 last week. Liking the trend here.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

McInnis 03 said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

"Split as dividend"
What exactly does that mean? Honestly never heard of that before and no idea how that works.
If I have 4 shares, I sure as hell hope it doesn't mean my 76 other shares will come in as a dividend.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Touchless said:

Real upset I sold 80% of my NVDA calls right at close. Was trying to get close to net free. Today's open freaked me with the open and made some bad decisions early on. Didn't want tomorrow to have a similar open. Oh well, it should hopefully stay green until open.

Need to figure out how to get in GOOGL with not enough cash to buy many shares. Options will be juiced in the morning. Maybe there will be an early pull back at least a small amount to buy some a week or two out and just get on the ride like AAPL?

I thought about buying 2 common shares for today to see what happened. wish we had. I think if we get a dip tomorrow, I'll do that.
Decay
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

McInnis 03 said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

"Split as dividend"
In what I'm looking at, there's actually some possible big differences between the standard split versus making a dividend. I'm very curious if I'm just reading it wrong. Normally a cash dividend means the company has to actually spend the money to create that dividend. So in theory Alphabet has to buy 19 shares for every 1 that exists.

But I'm guessing if it's an equity dividend I think that's out the window and you can create it out of thin air. I mean, there's just no way they're paying out 19x their stock market cap. So if that's the case then you're just looking at a standard split, and I don't see any reason to perform it like this.

Business legal and finance can get pretty murky so I'm sure there's a great explanation!
Touchless
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

McInnis 03 said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

"Split as dividend"
If I have 4 shares, I sure as hell hope it doesn't mean my 76 other shares will come in as a dividend.
My assumption is they are doing the split in place of a dividend? So you wouldn't be taxed on it like you would a dividend. Giving shareholder value through the split instead of dividend.
Touchless
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

Touchless said:

I thought about buying 2 common shares for today to see what happened. wish we had. I think if we get a dip tomorrow, I'll do that.
Thanks. You think shares over options would be the way to go for that account? Mind me asking the reason behind that? You'd have to buy 5 shares obviously to eventually be able to do covered calls and that's too much % in one stock for that size account. Options would allow you to ride the wave up more over the next few weeks I'd think.
Touchless
AG
I'd buy one more share if you can. Then you can sell covered calls on it if you want after the split.
SF2004
AG
Perfect healthy markets we got here.
tailgatetimer10
AG
yeah no crap. I re-allocated some stocks in my portfolio last week, thought it was a good idea considering everything was hovering..... now im wishing i waited another week
2wealfth Man
AG
Xilinx now up $19 share after hours. Merger arbitrage play is shaping up to be spectacular.
E
AG
Really glad I didn't bail on my NVDA weeklies this afternoon
Jet Black
Would it make sense to buy one share of Google at the open tomorrow?
Max Stonetrail
2wealfth Man said:

Xilinx now up $19 share after hours. Merger arbitrage play is shaping up to be spectacular.
XLNX holders get 1.7ish AMD shares per share. That makes $218ish the price.
agdaddy04
AG
Jet Black said:

Why not do it tonight? GOOGL trades pretty late I believe
Engine10
AG
agdaddy04 said:

Jet Black said:

Why not do it tonight? GOOGL trades pretty late I believe

Gotta think huge gap up gets sold back a little. We're +250 from the news lol but who knows
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Max Stonetrail said:

Bob Knights Liver said:

I'm long AMD, but this was just a day trade for me today. Would sell the calls before close if target or stop wasn't reached. I also think they'll knock the numbers out of the park, but it will call come down to the conference call and guidance. Maybe they'll Tim Cook us and just refuse to give guidance?
A 2/4 call was obviously short term. I just know I forget sometimes about earnings dates and even what day today is... wanted to make sure you were aware in case it didn't do much and you were considering holding overnight. I typed the post while you were typing your stopped out one.

Everybody was watching Apple. AMD gets less scrutiny and hoopla from the street at large (which mystifies me). I think their guidance is usually pretty straightforward. I am interested to see how much further they are cutting into INTC's market share and how their server business is doing. Also, crypto was big in Q4 until it wasn't, and I am wondering if they might have gotten a bump from that, assuming the supply was there to fill orders.

I guess do as I say not what I do. I traded more AMD $115 weeklies this afternoon and I just couldn't make myself sell the last 2 runners at close. Glad I held on to them even though they very well could have gone to near zero.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I am planning to heavily use shares in this account. I am traveling this week and next, therefore going for higher probability plays.
First Page Last Page
Page 4957 of 6619

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.